Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,595 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? (9937 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! / Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by raphieMontella: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

You've got good brain
indeed!
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by kevoh(m): 11:13am On Oct 17, 2016
geoworldedu:
Have you once been an atheist? How did you know they have rational fear? Majority of atheists were once Christians, so they can tell what Christians feel, but you can't tell what atheists feel because you've never been one.

Lol cheesy cheesy , calm down and read his post again. aaronson is an atheist!
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

And ur meme was supported by which evidence nor Intelligence?

The attached post (meme) is talking about overwhelming, yet empirical evidences, supported and corroborated by thousands of books, that irrefutably confirm the NON EXISTENCE OF GOD(S).

As against the USE of ONLY Bible that you folks (Christians) use in defending the existence of Gods. Albeit without tangible evidence.

The many books (read by scientists) is in relation SPECIFICALLY to existence of Gods, and not general knowledge of life.

The above is the intelligence and evidence.
Can you refute this?
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 11:30am On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

The attached post (meme) is talking about overwhelming, yet empirical evidences, supported and corroborated by thousands of books, that irrefutably confirm the NON EXISTENCE OF GOD(S).

As against the USE of ONLY Bible that you folks (Christians) use in defending the existence of Gods. Albeit without tangible evidence.

The many books (read by scientists) is in relation SPECIFICALLY to existence of Gods, and not general knowledge of life.

The above is the intelligence and evidence.
Can you refute this?

O boy u sound funny. Dont let pple come and laugh at u o!

So u call these evidences?

Please mention one one scientist that proved the "non existence of Gods" and which book he used?
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by EyeHateGod: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2016
You only give power to what you believe in....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by jonbellion(m): 11:54am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

Eiya, evangelist atheist.
Whats obvious is God created us and sent Jesus to save us.
If u dont believe it, u dont have to become apostle of non belief.
because u seem pained about what u call imaginary. cheesy
obviously I do cuz it affects my life not cuz I believe in it. If christians stay their lane and stop forcing their religion through everyone's throats and stop letting it decide our government laws and stop accusing atheist and agnostics of being heartless souless bleeps I promise you I wont have a problem. I've seen a christian tell his fellow christian he'll go to "hell" cuz he was in a different denomination. I'm not athiest I'm agnostic they are two different world views atheism is belief agnosticism is knowledge. I am however atheistic towards the judeo- christian god/man ....ooh sh*t *facepalm*

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
jonbellion:
obviously I do cuz it affects my life not cuz I believe in it. If christians stay their lane and stop forcing their religion through everyone's throats and stop letting it decide our government laws and stop accusing atheist and agnostics of being heartless souless bleeps I promise you I wont have a problem. I've seen a christian tell his fellow christian he'll go to "hell" cuz he was in a different denomination. I'm not athiest I'm agnostic they are two different world views atheism is belief agnosticism is knowledge. I am however atheistic towards the judeo- christian god/man ....ooh sh*t *facepalm*

An agnostic in "religious" section telling Christians to "stay in their lane".
Wow, anyway
shocked
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by frank317: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

U dont have to,
I pray 4 u my brethren. U shall be liberated,
Its not ur portion.
Jesus loves u.

dont worry, i prefer going to herll, the place that i am very much scared of.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
frank317:

dont worry, i prefer going to herll, the place that i am very much scared of.

Ok o.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

O boy u sound funny. Dont let pple come and laugh at u o!

So u call these evidences?

Please mention one one scientist that proved the "non existence of Gods" and which book he used?

At this point, i would have ignored you all together, because you now appear to me, to be someone who is both infantile and mischievous in thinking and character.
Otherwise you would not vomit this..... "o boy u sound funny. Don't let pple come and laugh at u o".

Now, if you think you can intelligently engage me, here's my challenge to you;

Do you agree that "evidence is what establish truth"?

If you agree, i will then show you how scientists have proved with evidence the non existence of your God.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by BodyKiss(m): 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

At this point, i would have ignored you all together, because you now appear to me, to be someone who is both infantile and mischievous in thinking and character.
Otherwise you would not vomit this..... "o boy u sound funny. Don't let pple come and laugh at u o".

If you agree, i will then show you how scientists have proved with evidence the non existence of your God.

Learn to spot people who you don't have to waste your time with, so you don't end up debating with stones.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by kjhova(m): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Wilgrea7:

i get ur point... still tho... it depends on the kind of religious person.... plus I've never seen an atheist explain miracles to me

I am an atheist and many supposed miracles can be explained logically upon proper scrutiny. It doesn't in any way reduce the goodness of the occurence but at least it takes away superstition and expands our body of knowledge.

Suppose I was on a plane that crashed and 4 of us survived out of 78 passengers and crew? Is this a miracle from God? Suppose I escaped totally unhurt while the 3 other survivors are in ICU, is this a bigger miracle? The obvious answer to the religious mind will be yes and considering your premise, that will sound reasonable.

However suppose that the plane was a BAC 1-11 and that in 14 crashes worldwide involving this type of plane, passengers in the backseat always survive so long that the accident was a pilot attempted crash land and not double engine failure (and I was sat at the back), is this still a miracle? You would say it is because I could have been sitting in the front row, isn't it? So suppose that this is my 100th flight since I started flying and in all cases I always prefer to sit at the back, will this still be a miracle? You may still say it is but as we go on, more rationally inclined folks will begin to realise that chance and coincidence plays a large part in what people tend to confer the crown of miracle upon.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

Pls i know what an evidence is.
Go ahead and show scientists that proved "non existence of Gods" and tell us the "books" they used.
Simpu
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

Pls i know what an evidence is.
Go ahead and show scientists that proved "non existence of Gods" and tell us the "books" they used.
Simpu

Be my guest.

If you believe that the bible is literarily true, then you must believe the account of Noah and the ark.

Pls consider the following carefully:

Noah's ark measurements;
Length - 134cm
Width - 22.25m
Height - 13.1m
= 3,9089.7sqm

3,000,000 species on earth (low estimate by scientists) ×2 of each one + Noah's family of 4 = 6,000,004.

3,9089.7÷ 6,000,004 = 0.0065 = 6.5sqmm of space to roam.

This 6.5sqmm is like a dot of your pen that can't be visible to your naked eyes.

So, how TRUE is the Noah's ark? Since no physical animal can be contained in a space less than a dot of pen?

Now, if you believe that the bible is LITERARILY TRUE, how do explain this?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

Be my guest.

If you believe that the bible is literarily true, then you must believe the account of Noah and the ark.

Pls consider the following carefully:

Noah's ark measurements;
Length - 134cm
Width - 22.25m
Height - 13.1m
= 3,9089.7sqm

3,000,000 species on earth (low estimate by scientists) ×2 of each one + Noah's family of 4 = 6,000,004.

3,9089.7÷ 6,000,004 = 0.0065 = 6.5sqmm of space to roam.

This 6.5sqmm is like a dot of your pen that can't be visible to your naked eyes.

So, how TRUE is the Noah's ark? Since no physical animal can be contained in a space less than a dot of pen?

Now, if you believe that the bible is LITERARILY TRUE, how do explain this?

So is this what u call evidence that "Gods dont exist"?

Abeg, please dont continue.
B4 u kill somborri
grin
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by obinna58(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
i'm neither an atheist or a theist, i believe in magic and i believe in spiritual mind control religion is a scam put away religion and control you spiritual mind i'm my own God cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by obinna58(m): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2016

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

B4 u kill somborri
grin

Because you are limited in knowledge and reasons, you gloatingly think you're making sense. But i will not indulge you.

Based on logical and derivative evidence, the falsehood of the Noah's ark (in the light of empirical assessment), that didn't even measure up to fictional event, but the measurements were dictated by your God to Noah.

If you believe that your Bible that introduced God to you is literarily true, but the account of Noah's ark is an impossibility, therefore your God can't be true (don't exist). At best, he's ridiculous fictional God.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by jonbellion(m): 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

B4 u kill somborri
grin
actually isn't good enough evidence that God does not exist. The variety of ways God "speaks to people" will tell you something is seriously wrong somewhere. The protestant christian would say accept jesus, the muslins say he is just a prophet not God. The Catholics say you don't need faith alone works are also required. The methodist says our works don't matter we just need faith. The universalists believe that everyone goes to heaven. The Baptists don't believe that someone like Joseph Stalin or hitler would go to heaven even if they repent. The Mormon christians believe they will have their own planet they even believe jesus cursed black people. The Hindus believe in vishnu. Thy Jews believe that they are Gods chosen people. Now if God is speaking to all these people he appears to be telling them different and contradictory things. This glaring discrepancy shows the fact that belief in God seems to be predominant in the culture that you were raised and the predominant version of God you were taught to believe in. Religion obeys borders truth does not. In America God is Yahweh. In India God is Vishnu. However in America 2+2 is 4 and in India 2+2 is 4. If Gods message to us is so important I believe that he would give it to us in such an obvious and glaring way so that we would all be in agreement as evident as a simple math problem rather than spread his message through falliable corruptible human beings. A perfect being would have gotten it right from the very beginning. Btw I don't believe that all the animals got on a wooden boat built by 8 unskilled people

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
jonbellion:
actually isn't good enough evidence that God does not exist. The variety of ways God "speaks to people" will tell you something is seriously wrong somewhere. The protestant christian would say accept jesus, the muslins say he is just a prophet not God. The Catholics say you don't need faith alone works are also required. The methodist says our works don't matter we just need faith. The universalists believe that everyone goes to heaven. The Baptists don't believe that someone like Joseph Stalin or hitler would go to heaven even if they repent. The Mormon christians believe they will have their own planet they even believe jesus cursed black people. The Hindus believe in vishnu. Thy Jews believe that they are Gods chosen people. Now if God is speaking to all these people he appears to be telling them different and contradictory things. This glaring discrepancy shows the fact that belief in God seems to be predominant in the culture that you were raised and the predominant version of God you were taught to believe in. Religion obeys borders truth does not. In America God is Yahweh. In India God is Vishnu. However in America 2+2 is 4 and in India 2+2 is 4. If Gods message to us is so important I believe that he would give it to us in such an obvious and glaring way so that we would all be in agreement as evident as a simple math problem rather than spread his message through falliable corruptible human beings. A perfect being would have gotten it right from the very beginning. Btw I don't believe that all the animals got on a wooden boat built by 8 unskilled people

Sorry still, this is no scientific proof "Gods dont exist"
Try harder.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

Because you are limited in knowledge and reasons, you gloatingly think you're making sense. But i will not indulge you.

Based on logical and derivative evidence, the falsehood of the Noah's ark (in the light of empirical assessment), that didn't even measure up to fictional event, but the measurements were dictated by your God to Noah.

If you believe that your Bible that introduced God to you is literarily true, but the account of Noah's ark is an impossibility, therefore your God can't be true (don't exist). At best, he's ridiculous fictional God.

I am still waiting for the name of ur "scientists" and their books since morning.
But u only seem to be blabbing from ur misinterpretations of the bible.
Nothing else, sorry to say.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by hopefulLandlord: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
there might be no proof that god doesn't exist but its no complement to god either

it simply means we can't prove a negative

if I tell you I have a pink unicorn in my room, you don't just accept it, do you?

you may not be able to prove I don't but until I provide that unicorn, you may appear to accept out of (perhaps) your respect for me but deep inside you probably think I am drunk

when Christians say we can't disprove their god, its pretty dishonest, its like saying you can't disprove Hogwarts, Harry Potter or Lord Voldemort if someone tells you its real

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

I am still waiting for the name of ur "scientists" and their books since morning.
But u only seem to be blabbing from ur misinterpretations of the bible.
Nothing else, sorry to say.

The emasculation of your mind by religious beliefs from your days in the university seems not to have left you.
Otherwise you would have known that, there many fields of science.

Since am not like you religious folks who make claims not based on authoritative knowledge, i speak based on area of authority am schooled in.

I belong to the medical/neuroscience field. Based on my knowledge in these areas, am at home with how your mind works. Even though you ignorantly and delusionary think you're a trichotomous being.

Because i equally practiced Christian faith for over 20 years, i know your degree of limitations and self deceptions.

If you were up to the task of engaging me, you don't need this you puerile deflections, you would have just point out how i misinterpreted your Bible.
Is the badly fictitious tale of Noah's ark a misinterpretation ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by jonbellion(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry still, this is no scientific proof "Gods dont exist"
Try harder.
I never said I was going to use scientific proof I just simply said that if you guys feel he does then his massage is very contradictory even in Christianity itself. I didn't say I was going to use "science" I believe I've told you that I'm agnostic before. You would have refuted what I said rather than telling me to "try harder". However if you want scientific evidence then there is no scientific evidence of the existence of a deity there is simply none. Period. [color=][/color] smiley
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by MrPRevailer(m): 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

If you must dismiss my claim, you must do that based on rebuttal that is supported with evidence and intelligence.

Wizard crashlands inside high fenced church.

https://www.naij.com/975308-witch-crash-lands-benin-church-premises.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3149817559

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by jonbellion(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ooh and btw If a deity tests human faith by not causing miracles, then the logical converse of that argument is that any miracles, especially those recorded in the holy book(s) of said religion, are evidence against non-miraculous deities. The holding of both of these beliefs is thus a contradiction.

You could try coming up with actually explaining why said deities caused miracles then but doesn't now. We'll have our popcorn ready. wink
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
jonbellion:
I never said I was going to use scientific proof I just simply said that if you guys feel he does then his massage is very contradictory even in Christianity itself. I didn't say I was going to use "science" I believe I've told you that I'm agnostic before. You would have refuted what I said rather than telling me to "try harder". However if you want scientific evidence then there is no scientific evidence of the existence of a deity there is simply none. Period. [color=][/color] smiley

Sorry, The DNa (the ultimate code) remains one helL of a proof.

Pheew wink
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
geoworldedu:
Could it be as a result of fear? As much as I know, Xtians are the most fearful set of people on earth. They fear that the world will end SOON. They fear rats and shout blood of Jesus. They fear just anything.

Atheists why don't you complain of witches and wizards and only Christians do, even praying DIE BY FIRE?
The witches are atheists.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

The emasculation of your mind by religious beliefs from your days in the university seems not to have left you.
Otherwise you would have known that, there many fields of science.

Since am not like you religious folks who make claims not based on authoritative knowledge, i speak based on area of authority am schooled in.

I belong to the medical/neuroscience field. Based on my knowledge in these areas, am at home with how your mind works. Even though you ignorantly and delusionary think you're a trichotomous being.

Because i equally practiced Christian faith for over 20 years, i know your degree of limitations and self deceptions.

If you were up to the task of engaging me, you don't need this you puerile deflections, you would have just point out how i misinterpreted your Bible.
Is the badly fictitious tale of Noah's ark a misinterpretation ?

Welcome to the med world, na we we.
I dont deceive myself. U can only but speak for urself, trust me.

And Yes sorry. U misinterpreted scripture as well, U made assumptions. U know that.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
A biblical story comes to mind when people talk about proving or disproving the existence of God. I think all Christians know the story of Elijah and the prophet of Baal, where Elijah prayed and was instantly rewarded with the proof of God and the prophets of Baal were humiliated(and later killed) I think a more modern approach to this test should be carried out by todays Christians, and let us see if God is indeed real.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry, The DNa (the ultimate code) remains one helL of a proof.

Pheew wink
And which God did that one? Is it Vishnu or Osiris or Hera or amadi oha. I'm sorry but you need to try harder than that.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lennycool:

And which God did that one? Is it Vishnu or Osiris or Hera or amadi oha. I'm sorry but you need to try harder than that.

Hahaha,
Author of code - 1 issue
Who the author is - another issue.

Reason pragmatically for once.
Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Am Leaving Christianity For New Age / Cutting Down Witchcraft Covens. / “FOR MY SAKE” By Opeyemi Akintunde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.