Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Gorges As Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gorges As Roads (279 Views)

The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State / Gorges As Roads; The Agbado Iju Ishaga Story. / Ambode Places Permanent Ban On VIO Officials, FRSC From State Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gorges As Roads by hypergig(m): 6:20am On Oct 17, 2016
Good roads are quite evasive and amusingly elusive in this part of West Africa called Nigeria, these are rather rare infrastructures to come by, and when you do come across such it's bound to be an antiquated stretch from colonial times constantly refurbished with concrete mixtures.

The seemingly stale roads we have are soul craving ones thus causing a carnage unmatched by the Nigeria civil war. Have seen roads with potholes as deep as the trenches of hell, while some are as steep as the crevices of the Grand Canyon.

Agbado area which lies between Lagos and Ogun strikes a chord when it comes to grave and gory roads. The roads are a sight to behold, government presence is missing thus negating the development of this awesome and virile municipality.

I was told that the road is always at its best in the dry season but I do not see any good there is to the road at all seasons, the dust spiralling from the gorges were enough to create a sandstorm.

My first visit to Adiyan was to see a friend, I had on a white T-shirt and a slightly faded blue jeans. Only if i had I known I would have donned something quite submissive to dust and dirt, within minutes my white T-shirt took on a new aura, it became brown, there and then I knew I was in for it.

Cars in the Adiyan and Agbado axis have amphibious appendages, vehicles are now modified to take on the rivers and marshes we call roads, you should see the Volkswagen buses better known as "danfos", the way they toil and strain just to wade through copious amount of water, they have seeming oars to paddle their way through this much water and you can hear the engines huffing and puffing.

It is mind bogging and heart wrenching when you consider the monetary renderings for roads and its execution, when you place that in contrast with what we have then you are bound to wail and dole out curses at the handlers and their numerous cohorts who are saddled with giving us good roads.

Also of notable mention is the rate at which Olympic sized pools are sprouting up in the middle of our roads, with a swimming trunk and eye googles you are good for a plunge, saddening enough we don't have medals at the olympic for swimming, an irony of some sort so to say since we have pools at every turn.

The first step to ridding the summary carnage on our roads is consistency on the path of our rather inconsistent government, more attention should be paid to roads. Monitoring teams should be set up at motor parks to curtail the intake of alcohol by drivers, questionnaires and toll free numbers should be readily available.

Contractors should be screened while also having a track record that is unassailable. Bidding process for contracts should be fair and open, no cutting corners or bypassing laid down process because when such happens we get substandard roads.
Re: Gorges As Roads by HQuadreal: 6:22am On Oct 17, 2016
Ok.

(1) (Reply)

IKEDC: Handing Them Limes Intead Of Lemons / What Is Delta State Government Doing About The Roads And Security In Warri? / No Justifiable Reason To Shift Ondo Election, INEC Tells PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.