Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,438 members, 7,801,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer (32416 Views)

How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer / 13th Month Pay In Nigeria: Who Is Entitled To It And Its Legal Basis / Dear Employer, Have You Seen Neymar New Salary Breakdown? – Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
Bros hve you ever heard the saying "half bread is better than burns"?
Ppl wen never get work 3yrs post nysc, even if you offer them only basic salary, they would grab it with both hands and feet

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Rajiolaade: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
Come to LGs in kwara state with these & NULGE, 20% or 0%salaries are the order. no leave bonus etc , poverty galore among husbands & wives staffs,u are talking legal entitlements who ll fight it when NLC, NULGE are unable.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Koolking(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
nmreports:

3) Pensions contribution. A monthly payment which is deducted from your account and added too from your employer to be paid into your account. This you must receive alert every month. Usually, it's from 7.5% above depending on your industry.

It's 7.5% Contribution from Employee and 10% contribution from Employer
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Millz404(m): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
The way its doing me now... All i need is number 10

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by africanusvu(m): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yes.we all knwow that.but the problem is the LONG LIST OF CORRUPT JUDGES THAT AR SUPPOSED TO DEFEND US FROM THESE BAD EMPLOYERS

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by phemsie(m): 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
that's very correct, i have 1,2,34,5,7,8,9,10 but i don't have that no 6.

i doubt if that pertains to Nigeria sha.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by nmreports: 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Koolking:

Correct.

Different for Military right?.
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
phetto:
smileyE be lyk say op no dy naija. even naija government no dy half of dis tins. even my state governor neva pay march salary. u con dey talk of condusive enviroment
Lmao, na back of Naija he dey

3 Likes

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by nmreports: 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
justmenoni:
Op, I quite disagree with some of the points you made in this post, do you mean the working environment in Nigeria or just a general overview that should apply in every sane working environment?

Correct. General overview.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by justmenoni: 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
Then you're right.

nmreports:

Correct. General overview.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by olutosfem(f): 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
Pension is no longer 7.5% it's now 18%. Don't allow employers cheat us
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by adegbiteboy85: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
Koolking:

The Pension Reform Act have been reviewed and now it's 8% from Employee and 10% from Employer contributory..

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
Law in Nigeria cheesy

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by zicoraads: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
My employer provides all embarassed
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Toay(m): 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
7) You are also entitled to a yearly 20 working days leave which could be used at the discretion of your line manager or company.

Is this really correct?
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by cassysmallz(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
Bolustic:
Unfortunately, we don't have working labour laws, our labour unions have turned themselves are divided against themselves, if not, all these Indians, Lebanese and Chinese exploiting Nigerians wouldn't do so.

NLC died immediately after the exit of Adams Oshiomole.

Rather Adams killed NLC by using it to gain political relevance and booties undergroundsmiley.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by 50desh(m): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by nmreports: 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
justmenoni:
Then you're right.

I know I was. smiley
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by nmreports: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
adegbiteboy85:

The Pension Reform Act have been reviewed and now it's 8% from Employee and 10% from Employer contributory..

Really? Great Info.
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by ceejay4real(m): 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
nmreports:

Source: https://humanresourceng..com.ng/2016/10/list-of-things-you-are-entitled-too-by.html?m=1

All these amount to bullcrap! Please who will help us remind the FG to review the minimum wage upwards? The present 18k is just too paltry!
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by professore(m): 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
this is an eye opener
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by slick1(m): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lekwa one private school asking us to pay 400 naira each for ID card.... Chai man don suffer
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Eazeee(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
What if ur employer refuse 2 give u appointment letter. what can u do as an employee? do u leave d job in dis buhari time? is dia any law one can rely on to compel ur employer 2 fulfil d conditions u mentioned? if non then u re wasting ur time

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by WesBreezy: 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
Just one statement "Press and get fired"
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by kayDooo(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
nmreports:

Source: https://humanresourceng..com.ng/2016/10/list-of-things-you-are-entitled-too-by.html?m=1
It look like all of u are not in labour market, as for me my company provided me with everything listed above none is exempted. All is important u knw. FMCG company like Nestlé, Unilever, Gsk etc will provide u more than those 10 things listed above.
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
Luckily for me I get all except the 20 days leave. Mine is limited to 10 days leave
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by notoriousbabe: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
Moderators that's for your information
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Stanbeto: 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
For Nigeria Abi?
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by vislabraye(m): 8:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
This won't work in Naija except you work in a big multi National like Shell, Mobil etc. Even at times, some multi Nationals are looking fir ways to cut corners. Apart from that, getting a job is hard cos we have a lot of competition. In other words, employers think they are doing you a favour.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by livgenius: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
INTROVERT:
tell that to contract staff.

Even contract staff are owed these by their parent company

Not the company they are attached to
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by LOVEGINO(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by LOVEGINO(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

17 Golden Rules To Remember In Life / Palmchat Partners With A Nairalander, Tosyne2much For Posting "10 Things" / Is This Legal Precedence In The Firdaus' Hijab And Nigerian Law School Incident?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.