Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer (32421 Views)

How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer / 13th Month Pay In Nigeria: Who Is Entitled To It And Its Legal Basis / Dear Employer, Have You Seen Neymar New Salary Breakdown? – Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by kaka22(m): 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
Fortunately, my firm abides with all what op listed cool. They would have introduced profit sharing if not these macro- economic problems.
Note: it is a Nigerian firm...

Addendum: All Nigerian firms can do this but they won't because nobody will compel them. I think we need to review the labour laws in our country and enforce the reviewed laws.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by anyicash(m): 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
Not applicable in Nigeria.
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by bayusch246(m): 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
It does every one gets 2.5% of their basic salary deducted for the National Housing Fund of FMBN. Ask your employer (HR) for your NHF form and that he should apply for your NHF number too. @
deife:
Thanks Op. I doubt if No 6 occurs in private establishments in Nigeria
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by ajayiopy: 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
I hate receiving pension contributions alert
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by blackboy(m): 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
thanks for sharing - entitled but ...
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by guseman(m): 5:33am On Oct 18, 2016
Honestly we enjoy all these benefits at my place of work but we still complain.

Even 13th month salary. The only one we don't have is that mortgage savings but we have cooperative contribution that can cater for that purpose.

Mr E. N. Thanks but please increase our salary. The only thing that has no added more money is bottle and sachet water.. Biko try upgrade us Sir
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by justmenoni: 6:21am On Oct 18, 2016
YOU KNOW, But some nairalander's won't know, they might just believe your post is for the Nigerian working environment and you will just ee them trying to sue their HR grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

nmreports:

I know I was. smiley
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Loveisgreat(m): 9:34am On Oct 18, 2016
Also the LEAVE ALLOWANCE ( 10% of your basic salary) , housing allowane, lunch and 13 Month payment ( basic salary) by December.
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Koolking(m): 10:24am On Oct 18, 2016
adegbiteboy85:

The Pension Reform Act have been reviewed and now it's 8% from Employee and 10% from Employer contributory..

You are right
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Selfhood: 5:16am On Jan 26, 2017
In Nigeria?
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Selfhood: 8:39am On Feb 09, 2017
Koolking:

You are right

I confirmed this. True.
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 05, 2017
nice one
Re: List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer by Ogbodoo: 10:38am On Jun 05, 2017
Interesting write up. However, some employers may not have the resources to fix all you mentioned above anyways.

Still looking for that dream job? Sign up now on the world's smartest job network www.bejite.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

17 Golden Rules To Remember In Life / Palmchat Partners With A Nairalander, Tosyne2much For Posting "10 Things" / Today I Have Said Bye-bye To Police Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.