Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business (26386 Views)

'You Cannot Withdraw Your Surety Until You Produce Kanu' - Judge Tells Abaribe / Fayose At Zenith Bank To Demand For His Money (More Photos) / Arrested Judge Claims He Was Made To Sign Confessional Statement At Gunpoint. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by ijustdey: 11:12am On Oct 17, 2016
One of the judges arrested by the Department of State Services (DSS) in its October 14 operation says he made the money found in his house from his rice business, a security source has said.

The judge, whose identity was not revealed, denied that it was proceeds from crime.
The DSS said it confiscated nearly N100 million in cash from the residences of some of the judges, while foreign currencies running into hundreds of thousands of dollars and tens of thousands of pounds were also confiscated.

“One of the judges said he made his money legitimately, that he sells rice. He said this in a written statement,” the source said, pointing out that the claim is subject to verification since there will be paper trail and taxes involved.

Another judge said the foreign currencies found on him were his unspent estacode – the allowances paid to government officials on foreign trips, usually in dollars.

“The amount discovered which he claimed to be estacode beggars belief, but then it makes investigation easier since the documents can be traced and subjected to forensic tests,” he said.

He died claims that a judge was arrested at gunpoint.

“The judge resisted arrest and called for his lawyer. Ironically, the lawyer came on the scene and affirmed that the search warrants were in order and the judge was arrested,” the source added.

https://www.thecable.ng/arrested-judge-tells-dss-made-money-rice-business

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by domack99(m): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2016
100 million in cash, this judge thought we are fools, why is the money not in your bank account or you open shop for house

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by kokoA(m): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2016
Gold plated rice grin

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Oladimejyy(m): 11:28am On Oct 17, 2016
So you are one of those bastard that are making the price of rice to go high..iyalaye!!!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by rusher14: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2016
Dangote dey learn where these judges dey control business.

In fact, Chinedu must to serve apprenticeship under that judge.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by veekid(m): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yeye; Oniro oshi

14 Likes

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by bbsteve(m): 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
Chain Chain Chai
Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by bbsteve(m): 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
Chain Chain Chai angry
Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by brainpulse: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
Just wait and see o,only the pathological wailers will believe this scam of a judge

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
PEJ: Seized money was for my medical bills.

PEJ: Money in frozen account belonged to my dead mother

JUDGE: I made my money from rice business.

Looters and silly excuse... Somebody help me with that picture

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
Isn't that what they all like to say angry
I remember even Saraki said the same thing
Please someone should help me enter rice business grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by apoti(m): 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
Oh boy make I go start rice farming sharp sharp

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by freethinker01: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
“The judge resisted arrest and called for his lawyer. Ironically, the lawyer came on the scene and affirmed that the search warrants were in order and the judge was arrested,” the source added.
Some people wouldn't see this ^^^

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
I'm sure it must be Ofada rice

7 Likes

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by AntiWailer: 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
And he has that much cash.

He should be charged for money laundering

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Millz404(m): 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
Very possible my dear, don't mind dem... Oya... Go and bring your business documents and records for the length of time you have operated the business lets do the plus and minus

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by amicable212(f): 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
This should be thoroughly investigated. We should know the truth before condeming him.

4 Likes

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by AlphaCentaurii: 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
I don't even know what to say sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by SenatorTobijah(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
Rice Indeed

6 Likes

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by yomalex(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hmm ok o
Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by EnEnPeecee: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
BURAITAI MADE HIS FROM SAVINGS grin

6 Likes

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by MrRichy(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
Me.. i just want to watch the drama that would follow.

Intelligent Judges vs Buhari
Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Masculity(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
abokibuhari:

have you seen the 100 million cash, your fullishness na high grade sad

Oh! Lord, he wrote it in his statement yet you didn't believe.

30 Likes

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by badttrader(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
And he kept the money under his bed. Continuu.

That awkward moment when a Judge needs a lawyer to defend him. lol. Naija i hail thee! grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Pauloves(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lmao!!! Ironical though "Judges on the trail of lootocracy"

2 Likes

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
kokoA:
Gold plated rice grin
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Miles300: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
domack99:
100 million in cash, this judge thought we are fools, why is the money not in your bank account or you open shop for house
na u wan tell am , when and how he will keep and spend his money ..?

1 Like

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by GMBuhari: 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
Odikwa very serious something rice business? Same rice import that was banned before abi rice farm?
Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
grin

7 Likes

Re: Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
If a General can save money to buy 2 houses in Dubai ... well

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Transfers Fani-kayode To Kuje Prison / CJN: Withdraw Osinbajo's Pastoral Position Or Else... - Timi Frank To Adeboye / Mbaka Is Not In Our Custody — DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.