Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze (19499 Views)

Shiek Ismail Mangu: Arrest Aisha Buhari Immediately Over Her BBC Interview / Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview / Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
AN OPEN LETTER TO MRS. AISHA BUHARI
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE DONE?

Ma, with due respect, what was the meaning of that interview with the BBC Hausa? I listened with shock the interview you granted with BBC Hausa on issues bordering on the Nigerian political Landscape and the Change Government of your husband, President Muhammadu Buhari. I was shocked not because of your incoherent speech or your poor command of English language like the former First Lady Patience Jonathan but because of your utterances in that interview.

Ma, What do you think you have done? You went on air to say things that you shouldn't have said? To achieve what? Are you planning on contesting any political position in 2019? Many first ladies all over the world offer support and help to their husband even in the most difficult times and not to come the public to demoralize him. To what end? During the illness of the late President Yar'Adua, the wife Turai Yar'Adua never came out to publicly tell the world that her husband is sick and that if he continues to be sick, she would abandon everything and allow other people grab power. It was reported in different quarters that Turai called the shots while the husband was sick and away. During the trial of the then President of the United States of America, Bill Clinton, The wife, who is now a Presidential candidate was very tactful in speaking to the press. She never ridiculed her husband even when it was proven that he actually had an affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky. Oh! Ma, What do you think you have done? During the recent trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki, did you hear anywhere where Toyin Saraki the wife came out publicly to say that if the husband doesn't come out clean about his dealings on false Declaration of Assets she will stop supporting him? Recently, Yakubu Dogara, the current Speaker of the house of Representatives, was accused of budget padding alongside other members of the house. Did you by chance even in gossip hear that the wife was quoted as saying she would stop supporting the husband if does not come out clean on the issue? Ma, I can go on and on to give you vital examples of women who were before you in same position and kept their cool, worked with carefulnes knowing the kind of society we are in.

What do you think you have done? What came over you? How did you lose it? You could have declined invitation to that interview or was it by force? Today some opposition elements are cashing on that interview and the President's comic response to jump around like they 've won an election. Ma, are you happy about this? Have you seen the ridicule online brought about by this? Imagine Oluremi Tinubu making this kind of Uterrances or Dolapo Osibanjo. Ma, I must remind you that if not for Buhari, we wouldn't have known you. Before you became a first lady, which is just a nomenclature, you were first a wife, a mother and your husband's better half. Have you forgotten all these in just over one year of being in Aso Rock villa? Have you forgotten that after the tenure of your husband, you will return back to Daura with him? And that no one will care where you are? Even this type of interviews you won't get them anymore or when last did you read or hear from Turai Yar'Adua? Whatever borders your heart about the situations of the country, you could have talked to your husband about it at home and remember the Islamic laws guiding marriages no matter your position. Or have you suddenly become secular just cos of power? In that ill conceived interview, you said you don't know 45 out of the 50 appointment made by your husband. Like seriously are you supposed to know? Are you a politician? You want to influence the appointments? Or you are not happy the President on assumption of office scrapped the office of the first lady unlike previous administration?

Hope you know the implications of what you have done? Those hailing you today will abandon you when the time comes. Just wear the next expensive jewelry or carry an expensive bag and see those hailing you still question your source of income and accuse you and your family of being corrupt. And in many of these accusations of your expensive lifestyle, did you hear the President utter a word? Forget the nonsense going on now, where everyone is now kissing their wife and claiming what is not, (So they needed a misunderstanding in Someone's family issue to show off their wife?) many men wouldn't be happy if their wife goes to the media to say what they shouldn't have. Ma, you no try for that interview. And please retrace your step.

Princewill Chimereze
Writer, Public Affairs Analyst and Social Commentator
amadiprincewill1@gmail.com

Source: http://enlightennigeria..com/2016/10/an-open-letter-to-mrs-aisha-buhari-on.html?m=1

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=315697922138205&id=248706512170680#footer_action_list

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by bennyann: 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
Here's my favorite
And in many of these accusations of your expensive lifestyle, did you hear the President utter a word?

Followed by
Forget the nonsense going on now, where everyone is now kissing their wife and claiming what is not, (So they needed a misunderstanding in Someone's family issue to show off their wife?) many men wouldn't be happy if their wife goes to the media to say what they shouldn't have.

I believe Aisha can't escape this:
Those hailing you today will abandon you when the time comes. Just wear the next expensive jewelry or carry an expensive bag and see those hailing you still question your source of income and accuse you and your family of being corrupt.

Ladies, please let's learn from them. Thanks.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
bennyann:
Here's my favorite
And in many of these accusations of your expensive lifestyle, did you hear the President utter a word?

Followed by
Forget the nonsense going on now, where everyone is now kissing their wife and claiming what is not, (So they needed a misunderstanding in Someone's family issue to show off their wife?) many men wouldn't be happy if their wife goes to the media to say what they shouldn't have.

I believe Aisha can't escape this:
Those hailing you today will abandon you when the time comes. Just wear the next expensive jewelry or carry an expensive bag and see those hailing you still question your source of income and accuse you and your family of being corrupt.

Ladies, please let's learn from them. Thanks.

Bro. Our young ladies need to learn from this present issue

12 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hope you know the implications of what you have done? Those hailing you today will abandon you when the time comes. Just wear the next expensive jewelry or carry an expensive bag and see those hailing you still question your source of income and accuse you and your family of being corrupt.

11 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ma, are you happy about this? Have you seen the ridicule online brought about by this? Imagine Oluremi Tinubu making this kind of Uterrances or Dolapo Osibanjo. Ma, I must remind you that if not for Buhari, we wouldn't have known you.

14 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
You want to influence the appointments? Or you are not happy the President on assumption of office scrapped the office of the first lady unlike previous
appointment?

9 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MalcoImX: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
Are they not the ones saying you're a child-bride just to get at Buhari?
//
You've missed the road when I see Wailers hailing you.

12 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by onside: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
Aisha is in guilt and full of regrets after that unfortunate interview.
She is lucky once again due to intervention of Sultan of Sokoto, Emir of KANO, Etsu Nupe, Osinbanjo, Obj, TY Danjuma and Gowon.
By now, her papa house for be her room.
A new Sheriff is in town hence, you can't have all your ways as the former first ladies.
This is Nigerians government and not Aisha's or her relatives.

6 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
onside:
A
A for Aisha?

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by CHIJIOKE1314: 5:21am On Oct 18, 2016
Aisha brain is half dead..

Mama peace was a much much much much more better wife, speaker and a woman than Aisha would ever dream of..

The woman is brain dead!

9 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
Aisha brain is half dead..

Mama peace was a much much much much more better wife, speaker and a woman than Aisha would ever dream of..

The woman is brain dead!
I don't think so. Aisha is miles away in terms of many things.
cc. Lalasticlala, mynd44 help us get this letter to the front page it's worth it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by CHIJIOKE1314: 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
MORNDEW:

I don't think so. Aisha is miles away in terms of many things.
cc. Lalasticlala, mynd44 help us get this letter to the front page it's worth it.

You better start thinking with your brain and not with your feelings..

Brown powder and red lipstick has nothing to do with brain power...
When comparing the two u must ignore what your outta eye see and listen to ur inner mind.. Apply the former then you misjudged Mama peace.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 10:46am On Oct 19, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

You better start thinking with your brain and not with your feelings..

Brown powder and red lipstick has nothing to do with brain power...
When comparing the two u must ignore what your outta eye see and listen to ur inner mind.. Apply the formal then you misjudged Mama peace.
What has brought about my brain here now? And who commenting with feeling here now?
Pls it's former not formal. Smh.

6 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
MalcoImX:
Are they not the ones saying you're a child-bride just to get at Buhari?
//
You've missed the road when I see Wailers hailing you.
Whoever wailers are hailing, most times gets destroyed.

9 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by blackpanda: 11:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
She is a very foolish woman. I wont be surprised if Buhari boots her out of his house. Useless element

9 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 11:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
blackpanda:
She is a very foolish woman. I wont be surprised if Buhari boots her out of his house. Useless element
I seriously don't know what came over her

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MalcoImX: 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
MORNDEW:

Whoever wailers are hailing, most times gets destroyed.
Nothing could be truer. See what's happening to the 'Grab 'em by the p ...' advocate. Wailers support him.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 11:42am On Oct 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
Nothing could be truer. See what's happening to the 'Grab 'em by the p ...' advocate. Wailers support him.
But what could be wrong with Aisha though?
Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by tuniski: 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
blackpanda:
No, she is a very brave woman. In the face of tyranny, it takes the innermost caucus to speak up and speak out for our collective humanity. Aisha has just shown an uncommon virtue!

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by Sealeddeal(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
Buhari is the person that need to support Aisha and not the other way. Aisha is a victim of Buhari's ineptitude.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
Well written letter.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MalcoImX: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
MORNDEW:

But what could be wrong with Aisha though?
I don't know. But she has no right to insist on knowing what's going on inside the government, because she wasn't the one that was elected.

8 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by drss2(m): 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
as for me n my house #WeStandWithAisha grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by Princy13: 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 8:13am On Oct 24, 2016
MalcoImX:
I don't know. But she has no right to insist on knowing what's going on inside the government, because she wasn't the one that was elected.
It could be that the idea of she being a first lady has overwhelmed her.
Anyway, I know she has learnt her lessons from this.
Lalasticlala have you read this wonderful Letter?
Help move this letter to front page let's get more views about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by Amberon11: 8:53am On Oct 24, 2016
Thrash! Aisha Buhari spoke as a concerned citizen, not as a wife.

Many people have died or lost their jobs as a result of Buhari's mundane economic policies and you condemn Aisha?

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by Amberon11: 8:54am On Oct 24, 2016
Yes she does! Do you know that one who isn't married cannot be elected president? That alone tells you the wife has a role to play.
MalcoImX:

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by Amberon11: 8:56am On Oct 24, 2016
You really don't have sense. Here you are again spilling thrash. Aisha spoke for the collective interest of Nigerians. Maybe you need a zombie for a wife.
blackpanda:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 10:59am On Oct 24, 2016
Amberon11:
Thrash! Aisha Buhari spoke as a concerned citizen, not as a wife.

Many people have died or lost their jobs as a result of Buhari's mundane economic policies and you condemn Aisha?
Who pays you for jobless job of coming to Nairaland to insult people and disgrace yourself?

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by MORNDEW(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2016
Amberon11:
Get lost fool!
Like I asked you before, who pays you to come to Nairaland to insult people and show how ill trained you are?

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze by double0seven(m): 11:50am On Oct 24, 2016
rubbish letter, rubbish thread, full of senseless comments

all those comparisons with Dogara, Saraki etc. is like the comparing apples with oranges. Those are cases of allegations of corruption

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu / Anambra Election: IPOB, MASSOB Members Go Into Hiding / 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.