Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:35 AM

Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership (159391 Views)

[PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony / Institute Of Personnel Management Advice Plz. / Several Fresh Jobs At Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by dreyposh: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
spenca:

In no way does it qualify you for admission into any university in Nigeria, I can not be sure of elsewhere
With the intermediate II, can someone gain entry into 300 level in a uni or degree conversion?
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2016
happyheart:

Hi I have a Bsc in Administration/Human resource management from the university of Ghana.
My questions are
1, which level will I start from?
2, how much will I spend?total sum from reg to exemption fees
3, how long will it take me to complete the exams
4, how can I get access to past questions
5, I am considering a masters.should I do my masters before or get certified before.Thank you.

question 1
With your BSC you start at intermediate 2
question2

it depends on lots of things your registration fee + acceptance fee + exemption fee + study pack + exam fee
all should be within the range of 55 to 60 k. Don't quote me on the amount its jus to give you an overview of what to expect.
Subsequent stages are less expensive as you wont be paying Reg, Acceptance and Exemption fee again.

questions 3: With your BSC and all things been equal that you pass all stages once, it will take about one year.

question 4: Walk to CIPM office get the past question pack.. Quite affordable

question 5: You can do both together if you can afford it....

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by spenca: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
dreyposh:

With the intermediate II, can someone gain entry into 300 level in a uni or degree conversion?

Not in any way to the best of my knowledge
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by happyheart(f): 11:46am On Dec 24, 2016
omoISEYIN:

question 1
question2

it depends on lots of things your registration fee + acceptance fee + exemption fee + study pack + exam fee
all should be within the range of 55 to 60 k. Don't quote me on the amount its jus to give you an overview of what to expect.
Subsequent stages are less expensive as you wont be paying Reg, Acceptance and Exemption fee again.

questions 3: With your BSC and all things been equal that you pass all stages once, it will take about one year.

Thanks a million! Merry Christmas .
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Emmaesty(f): 2:43am On Dec 26, 2016
omoISEYIN:

question 1
question2

Holla, I was thinking about something. Is it possible for us to have a whatsapp group for HR wannabe professionals? You know, networking and all

2 Likes

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by happyheart(f): 10:04am On Dec 26, 2016
[quote author=Emmaesty post=52259232] Holla, I was thinking about something. Is it possible for us to have a whatsapp group for HR wannabe professionals? You know, networking and all[/quote
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Emmaesty(f): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2016
happyheart:

Great idea. Let's get started
cheesy
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by elmisti(m): 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
[quote author=happyheart post=52265543][/quote]

Great idea....who is creating??..i can create if ya all dnt mind
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by elmisti(m): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
spenca:

Don't you have the study pack yet ? Anyway the past questions you sent me are different from mine so I would send you those I got by the end of today. Thanks

just seein ths now dont have the study pack yet. and please do send me the materials you have
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by BOLAPE(f): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2016
Dear Omoiseyin,

Compliments of the season to you!

I have been trying to create a profile for registration on CIPM but each time i tried to register ,it tells me my e-mail already exists.

I have used two different e-mail addresses but it is the same.

Kindly assist with this.

Regards

Mobolaji
BOLAPE:
Good afternoon,

I have BSC in Biochemistry and MBA in human resource but my working experience is in the travel industry for over 8 years. What level do i start from if i want to become a member of chartered institute of personnel management?

Thanks as i expect your response.

mobolaji

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2016
BOLAPE:
Dear Omoiseyin,

Compliments of the season to you!

I have been trying to create a profile for registration on CIPM but each time i tried to register ,it tells me my e-mail already exists.

I have used two different e-mail addresses but it is the same.

Kindly assist with this.

Regards

Mobolaji

Its aa IT related issue, You can mail membership@cipmnigeria.org
or immediate response you can call 08023385269, 08157184670, 09098109045
but currently CIPM has closed for the year.
Thank you
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by dmjinc(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
a whole year to become certified? CIPM needs to do something about...*rolls eyes* cry
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by motty92: 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hello...Good Day...!

Do you know any FEMALE with 1- 2 YEARS experience in HUMAN RESOURCES?

Our Firm is urgently looking for a SUITABLE candidate to fill this role.

Interested candidates should send CV to client@chariscoopers.net with 'HR Officer' as subject of the mail.

Kindly tell someone and share too...

Compliments of the season.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by dmjinc(m): 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
motty92:
Hello...Good Day...!

Do you know any FEMALE with 1- 2 YEARS experience in HUMAN RESOURCES?

Our Firm is urgently looking for a SUITABLE candidate to fill this role.

Interested candidates should send CV to client@chariscoopers.net with 'HR Officer' as subject of the mail.

Kindly tell someone and share too...

Compliments of the season.
Applied but m Male undecided

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by BOLAPE(f): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2016
Thank you ,omoiseyin.

I have been able to create a profile.

Please when is CIPM resuming and when can i complete my registration?

Thanks as i expect your prompt response as usual.
omoISEYIN:

Its aa IT related issue, You can mail membership@cipmnigeria.org
or immediate response you can call 08023385269, 08157184670, 09098109045
but currently CIPM has closed for the year.
Thank you
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by falansa: 5:26am On Jan 07, 2017
Hello...
I'm a BSc holder from social sciences (URP) I have a passion for HR but don't know where to start until I across this thread.
My question, is there a by form of classes to attend after registration with cipm? Or only the study pack?
Someone suggest whatsapp group idea. I think it's a sensible suggestion
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2017
falansa:
Hello...
I'm a BSc holder from social sciences (URP) I have a passion for HR but don't know where to start until I across this thread.
My question, is there a by form of classes to attend after registration with cipm? Or only the study pack?
Someone suggest whatsapp group idea. I think it's a sensible suggestion
After registration, CIPM has accredited study center across Lagos. go to their website to get list of accredited centers closest to your locality.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2017
the idea of creating a whatsapp group for newbies in HR is cool. I created this thread to cater for CIPM registration enquiries I really don't have the strength for group moderation.
personally I think launch out is the hardest part of HR career, once you have a year to two years experience you can always move for better offers.
whoever wants to create should have in mind of sharing information and entry level job openings in HR.

2 Likes

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by youdontknowme: 10:56am On Jan 09, 2017
Good work you're doing here, though I'd prefer NL to the group. Any idea of the deadline for February diet registration?
omoISEYIN
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
youdontknowme:
Good work you're doing here, though I'd prefer NL to the group. Any idea of the deadline for February diet registration?
omoISEYIN
I think.it's feb3rd

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by falansa: 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2017
omoISEYIN:

After registration, CIPM has accredited study center across Lagos. go to their website to get list of accredited centers closest to your locality.
Thanks...
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by frixie: 9:49am On Jan 10, 2017
I saw this thread late... So annoyed with myself. From what I gathered here its only February and August for the exams. If I enter at intermediate 2, how many level of exams am I going to write?
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Teamag01: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hello nairalanders,

I am a Cabin crew but hoping for a career diversion to the HR field so I enrolled for the CIPM int.2 for the Feb digest and I am so excited. I got my study pack and also bought a past question and I was given the one for 2011 August digest. I don't plan going for lectures because I think it's too late and I can try self study. Pls do you think I will be fine? And I need to know if the materials I have is sufficient for my success in the upcoming exam or are there other materials and past questions that will be helpful. Thankx for your responses in advance
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
frixie:
I saw this thread late... So annoyed with myself. From what I gathered here its only February and August for the exams. If I enter at intermediate 2, how many level of exams am I going to write?

starting from intermediate 2, you'll have three stages to write. They are;
Intermediate 2
P. E 1
P. E 2
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by spenca: 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
Good day all
I have a passion for HR and I have taken the path toward becoming a HR professional. I have a bachelors of Art degree and also I enrolled for CIPM as well but to conclude the examinations
I would very much appreciate if anyone can link me with a HR officer/intern/ trainee job in a well structured organization to learn and imbibe the practical aspect of HRM, I would not mind even if it is in a part time basis as I have a part time job already although not in HRM and willing to let go of it if the organization is willing to take me in as a full time. I am a fast learner and willing to learn, re-learn and un-learn , I am flexible and willing to relocate, I have a high level of
integrity and excellent communication skill.
getting this job would be fulfilling beyond measures for me.

3 Likes

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2017
sorry everyone, I have been away and busy. Can we wake this room up and keep our questions rolling. Congratulations to those who wrote the last diets in February. All the best.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2017
spenca:
Good day all
I have a passion for HR and I have taken the path toward becoming a HR professional. I have a bachelors of Art degree and also I enrolled for CIPM as well but to conclude the examinations
I would very much appreciate if anyone can link me with a HR officer/intern/ trainee job in a well structured organization to learn and imbibe the practical aspect of HRM, I would not mind even if it is in a part time basis as I have a part time job already although not in HRM and willing to let go of it if the organization is willing to take me in as a full time. I am a fast learner and willing to learn, re-learn and un-learn , I am flexible and willing to relocate, I have a high level of
integrity and excellent communication skill.
getting this job would be fulfilling beyond measures for me.

What really matters from my little knowledge is that starting or launching your career in the field of HR is like the most challenging, start by interning, volunteering jus find a platform to learn. Which you quite understood.
You can drop your mail, so I can reach you. Whenever am privy to any information relating to what you looking for.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by spenca: 7:45am On Mar 24, 2017
omoISEYIN:

What really matters from my little knowledge is that starting or launching your career in the field of HR is like the most challenging, start by interning, volunteering jus find a platform to learn. Which you quite understood.
You can drop your mail, so I can reach you. Whenever am privy to any information relating to what you looking for.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thank you so much , I really appreciate this , my mail is
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by HSchild: 11:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
Good morning everyone. I am new here and I have a couple of questions.
Does anyone know when cipm Feb 2017 result will come out.
I am presently in my final year of law (LLB). I wrote professional examination 2 of cipm in this last February diet. I'll be going to law school in October. I want to know whether I should pursue a masters in hr or move on to other hr related certifications like HRBP and the likes. My ultimate goal is to go into corporate administration.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 25, 2017
omoISEYIN:
Hello Everyone,

This platform is open for general questions on how to be a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management Of Nigeria.
CIPM is the professional body that certify and regulate the practice of human resource management in Nigeria.
For young aspiring human resource managers, CIPM is the most relevant if not the only institute for HR professionals.

Currently HR professionals are one of the most sought after people in the corporate world, aside the fact that you become a key person
in your organisation personally, I think there is a kinda preside and reputations that comes with your job title.......

So lets keep the ball rolling for questions on CIPM registration....
How many years would CIPM take before I become certified. I'm have a bsc in Finance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online / Oil Workers Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.