Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (38022 Views)

Observe Prayers Online — CAN Tells Churches / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by musicwriter(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
If the teeming church goers actually come to their senses, they'll demand to have free education in their church's schools. The school was built with their tithes and offerings, and therefore belongs to all of them, not the pastor.

The pastors themselves are very mean for demanding their members pay to study in a school they built.

This is one of the reason Jesus hated religion and religious leaders (pastors, bishops, Imams, Reverends, GOs, popes). And he said "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence". Matthew 23:25.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by lilmax(m): 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
na robot them wan use as teachers abi?grin.... because the teachers don't have families to take care of
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by mastermaestro(m): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
[s][/s]
mrvitalis:

Nigerian churches makes over 5 trillion per year.. Cant that fpund our complete education and health system??
[s][/s]

How much is your contribution, church auditor? You can keep pulling out ridiculous accounting figures from the blues. Most of you church critics have not idea how much it costs to run a church, cater for needy members, and so many more that are done secretly and informally. Like many of your kind, you only take delight in denting the image of the church, while spitting rubbish.

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by mrvitalis(m): 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
mastermaestro:
[/s][s]

How much is your contribution, church auditor? You can keep pulling out ridiculous accounting figures from the blues. Most of you church critics have not idea how much it costs to run a church, cater for needy members, and so many more that are done secretly and informally. Like many of your kind, you only take delight in denting the image of the church, while spitting rubbish.

Ok how much dose it take to run a church
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by fortunechy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
dts hw it shld be
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by LOVEGINO(m): 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
my pipo don dey open eye ooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by plaetton: 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
teepsee:
I agree with him on some level, but it would have made more sense if he said they should pay less for quality education. No good thing is free, cause they have to pay the staffs and management of the school.

Nothing is ever free

You seemed to have missed something.

Churches generate incredible amounts of cash flow from offerings, tithes, seed sowing, donations as well income from selling church related paraphernalia.

Therefore, schools built with church funds should be FREE, where the church members and members of the public see it as an open charity that they can freely support.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by 12inchDickson: 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
Daslim180:
Don't have much to say. All I need to say is let's make life easy for each other. Meanwhile, it is my birthday ooo.

Make una celebrate gift of life with me oooo.....
u dey bleach?
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Elxandre(m): 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
stagger:
The man putting up the sign posts is very stupid!

Are buildings, school books paid for with stones? Are the salaries of teachers or the infrastructure in these schools which no government (Federal, State or Local) can provide paid for with sand? On what basis should education provided by churches be free?

Scholarships are given by these schools based on academic excellence. If you want your children to attend those schools, go and hustle and pay for your children's education or you groom them to be smart enough to win scholarships. Simple.

It is the responsibility of parents to pay for their children's fees. My father was a real man and paid for all our fees without hoping for a church to put up a free school so his children can attend.

If the person who put up these signposts believes his wife should be in the kitchen or the other room, then the productive time he is wasting going around to put up signposts should be used to hustle to pay his kids' fees.

Any man who is busy with his wife in the other room producing babies should be man enough to get money to pay for their fees and not rely on a church to do that for him.

Stupid man!
But the schools were built with tithes and offering.
We all know many of the mega churches generate millions of dollars every year, so asking for Free education from them isn't wrong.

Besides, churches spend nowadays spend several million dollars building newer auditoriums, despite owning massive ones already.
Is that the priority in a nation as impoverished as Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by flamingREED(m): 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
ceeethru:
If u all think it is that easy and these pastors make much money, why don't u just quietly go and open your own church. Even if their schools are not free do u know d the families they feed, the scholarships they give out, the multitude of people they give shelter E.t.c. Common! let's grow up. Only God knows his true servants, is not by advertising.

God bless you, my friend.

I can see sinners above who think the Church is a bank.

A true church is not a bank and cannot encourage dependence, nor will amass wealth unjustly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by ceeethru(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
flamingREED:

God bless you, my friend.

I can see sinners above who think the Church is a bank.

A true church is not a bank and cannot encourage dependence, nor will amass wealth unjustly.
God bless you too!

My people perish for lack of knowledge.

We should allow God to be the Chief Judge.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
INTROVERT:
Why should it be free
is ur dad a pastor
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Rebuke: 2:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
Okay, nice idea.

To all the mr n miss advisers in the houz:

Please can yhu also lecture in Christian owned University for free, probably as a first class graduate for just 4years?

Common sense isn't common sha.

When yhu don't know how things re done itz very wise to keep quite so that yhur stupidity won't be noticed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Elxandre(m): 2:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
DESNAT:
He should have added,"I ,my relatives and my entire generation will work for the school without being paid salary,i also promise to buy all the stationaries that will be used in the school"

foolish Nigeria who didn't think twice before displaying to the world that his brain is perforated
Elxandre:

We all know many of the mega churches generate millions of dollars every year, so asking for Free education from them isn't wrong.
Besides, churches spend nowadays spend several million dollars building newer auditoriums, despite owning massive ones already.

Most churches give NOTHING back to the society.
My former church won't assist you with money in the church coffers, they'd rather the member takes a special offering that usually amounts to stipends!

Call a spade a spade!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by otemanuduno: 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
May19th:
Biggest religious thieves in Nigeria: David Oyedpo, Eunoch Adeboye, Aya Oritsejafor, Chris Oyakhilome, Kumuyi...These men should be in jail in a sane land
Muafrika2, 4evergod, Mrzenographer, Oladeegbu, the truth is HERE!!!
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
Daslim180:
Don't have much to say. All I need to say is let's make life easy for each other. Meanwhile, it is my birthday ooo.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I wish you a long life of astonishing greatness, prosperities, personal fulfillment and happiness at its apogee.

And I also pray that you live your precious life going your way recognizing the fact that you're a part of a WHOLE known as humanity, that you're not self-made, neither are the rest us. While enjoying the gift of life, ensure to do your best in making the world a better place than you met it. This world was passed down to you by generations bygone, you can help make a better one with the fate of future generations in mind.

I'm sorry I do not have material gifts to give, bro, and even if I do, there's still the difficulty of getting them over to your side. Regardless, I wish you a remarkable day ahead.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by stagger: 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2016
Elxandre:

Even if the school was built with tithes and offerings, I maintain it again: ANY MAN WORTH HIS SALT SHOULD BE ABLE TO PAY FOR HIS KID'S EDUCATION AND NOT WAIT FOR FREE SCHOOLS FROM ANYWHERE, CHURCH INCLUDED!

The responsibility of ending poverty in a society is the government through effective policy formulation. It is not the responsibility of any church to do so.

Go to Ota. Winners built the roads around there. Redeemed had to repair a portion of a Lagos-Ibadan express road. The list goes on and on; churches doing what govt ought to be doing. Is that not why people voted for APC?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by oglalasioux(m): 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
teepsee:
I agree with him on some level, but it would have made more sense if he said they should pay less for quality education. No good thing is free, cause they have to pay the staffs and management of the school.

Nothing is ever free

Where does tithes, offerings and donations go? Money from sales of stickers, uniforms, books, holy water, relics, prayer recharge cards (Mbaka) and the rest; what does the church use the tax free money they make for? If they are not wiring the money to God they should use it as the man suggests.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
Daslim180:

So we're birthday mates. HBD.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by sanandreas(m): 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

Nigerian churches makes over 5 trillion per year.. Cant that fpund our complete education and health system??

You were able to calculate churches own. What about mosques?
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by stagger: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
Elxandre:

Even if the school was built with tithes and offerings, I maintain it again: ANY MAN WORTH HIS SALT SHOULD BE ABLE TO PAY FOR HIS KID'S EDUCATION AND NOT WAIT FOR FREE SCHOOLS FROM ANYWHERE, CHURCH INCLUDED!

The responsibility of ending poverty in a society is the government through effective policy formulation. It is not the responsibility of any church to do so.

Go to Ota. Winners built the roads around there. Redeemed had to repair a portion of a Lagos-Ibadan express road. The list goes on and on; churches doing what govt ought to be doing. Is that not why people voted for APC?

And you say churches give nothing back to society. Winners gave out food and money to civil servants in Osun state while the governor there was feeding fat from his school feeding contract and was owing his workers 9 months pay.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by flamingREED(m): 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
lilmax:
na robot them wan use as teachers abi?grin.... because the teachers don't have families to take care of

As in eh.

Na angels go come dey teach the children.

How much offering does a man give in a month, by the way?

How can that sponsor the education of his three children, pay qualified staff adequately and maintain the facilities of the school?

Anti-God souls in Nigeria are fantastically horrible!

And to think that churches build state of the art schools should inform everyone that they mean business.

My church has done so,
And the workers were informed beforehand that 'the children of the rich' are the targets;
And this is wise, seeing the children of the rich will turn out to be influence wielders tomorrow. If the rich are god-fearing,
Much evil will be averted, and many will have regard for God thereby.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by henribj(m): 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
lets be realistic, church schools can not be free.
rather the school fees should be reduced to the extent that it is affordable for the middle class in the society.
also, the church schools should offer scholarship programs for a number of interested citizens from the range of 10 & above.
if church schools are free, then how does the teachers get paid? how are the school infrastructures maintained? if the teachers are paid peanuts then the really good teachers would prefer to go teach at private schools that pay more, at the end of the day the church schools would just be turned to glorified public schools with hardly any proper infrastructure.
#justsaying
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Greatidonis: 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
No they cannot afford to let the church members school in the church for free even those that has being in the church for long and contributed immensely, but they can buy private jets for themselves what an irony. May God see us through.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by omooba969(m): 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
freeman95:

forgive me but u look like 'FAWORAJA' to me grin grin

u will sell sha...

happy birthday man grin

How did u draw your conclusion?
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Elxandre(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
stagger:

There will always be less privileged people in any country.
Children shouldn't suffer because of the misfortunes of their parents.

I ask again, should churches be building auditoriums when there are better things to help humanity with?

Missionaries did alot more than what you mentioned, and education was still Free.

Where is the logic in building schools with offering and making it clear that the schools are meant for the upper class?

We need to tell ourselves the truth and stop being sentimental!
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by flamingREED(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
Rebuke:
Okay, nice idea.

To all the mr n miss advisers in the houz:

Please can yhu also lecture in Christian owned University for free, probably as a first class graduate for just 4years?

Common sense isn't common sha.

When yhu don't know how things re done itz very wise to keep quite so that yhur stupidity won't be noticed.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
u don over edit ur pics..even ur mama fit nor recongnize u so...see as u filter with reckless abandon..i hail ur liver ooooo.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Daslim180:

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by flamingREED(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
henribj:
lets be realistic, church schools can not be free.
rather the school fees should be reduced to the extent that it is affordable for the middle class in the society.
also, the church schools should offer scholarship programs for a number of interested citizens from the range of 10 & above.
if church schools are free, then how does the teachers get paid? how are the school infrastructures maintained? if the teachers are paid peanuts then the really good teachers would prefer to go teach at private schools that pay more, at the end of the day the church schools would just be turned to glorified public schools with hardly any proper infrastructure.
#justsaying

What dyu mean by 'just saying'?

You've stated hard-core truth.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Samunique(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
teepsee:

Nothing is ever free
I totally agree with you!

Another thing is that, there no maturity in the way this OPM man is going about it.

Though the deed is good, but the way it's being done makes the motive looks some how.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Omolola1(f): 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
Daslim180:

You are the finest I've seen so far on Nairaland cry wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by bigiyaro(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
teepsee:

Nothing is ever free
Park well jare! Which kind "no good tin is free" the best tins in life r free. Compare the standard of living now and that of the 50s,60s,70s, d days of free education, and health. Dats why people say the "good old days" cos tins were free and they were the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Goodheart Val Aloysius: If You Have 3 Cars & Your Pastor Is Trekking .... / Zimbabwean Pastor "Calls God On Phone, Speaks With Him In Church". Photos/Video / Father Mbaka Pays Hospital Bills Of Patients Worth Over ₦18.8 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.