Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ (33029 Views)

Norsemen Club Supports Yahaya Bello For 2019 (Pictures) / Hadiza Buhari-Bello Replies Ezekwesili, BBOG: We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas / PDP Blasts Bello For Donating To Aisha Buhari's Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by Vicadonis(m): 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
The BringBackOurGirls (BBOG) group has expressed shock at the use of its brand name at a fundraising by Hadiza Buhari-Bello, President Muhammadu Buhari’s daughter.

At the event, which was held on Monday, the Peace Corps of Nigeria donated N3.5m to Africa Support and Empowerment Initiative, a non-governmental organisation owned by Buhari-Bello as part of an endowment fund for the Chibok girls.

“Bringbackourgirls” was inscribed boldly on the backdrop of the event.

But the advocacy group led by Oby Ezekwesili has disassociated itself from the event, promising to issue a response through its lawyer, Femi Falana.

In a statement signed by Ezekwesili and Aisha Yesufu, the group said the organisers of the event were trying to smear its hard-earned name.

The BBOG group emphasised that it was a self-funded movement, and not a money-making NGO.
[img][/img]

“Following repeated enquiries from the media, we stumbled upon information of an event tagged ‘Official Inauguration and Signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the Chibok Girls Endowment Project’ organised by the ‘Peace Corps of Nigeria’ and ‘Africa Support and Empowerment Initiative,’ with Hadiza Buhari-Bello,” the statement read.

“We are shocked, perplexed and completely dumbfounded to see the bold inscription of our hard-earned name, #BringBackOurGirls, on the event’s backdrop. We state categorically that we are not party to the said event and have absolutely no information of its origin. We urge the general public to disregard attempts at linking our movement to this highly suspicious event.

“After 902 days of painstaking advocacy, it is disheartening and unfortunate to suddenly see attempts, by external actors, to use it for selfish purposes. We have carefully built our reputation as a well-organised and disciplined global movement that is completely self-funded.

“The deliberate decision, to remain funded by sacrificial contributions of members for our very negligible needs, is the reason we are solely a Citizens’ Movement, and not an NGO. It will be highly injurious to allow it be dragged in the mud at this point. We therefore demand an immediate retraction and unreserved apology from the organisers.

“Together with our lawyers, Femi Falana & Co., we are considering a response to this attempt to smear our movement. We call on the general public and law enforcement agencies to be on the lookout for unscrupulous persons who may already be/are planning similar nefarious acts to deceive the local and international community.”‎

Speaking with TheCable, Onwuka Don Uche, national secretary of the NGO, said he tried to reach members of the BBOG group but failed at every turn.

“I tried to contact members of the group, but I couldn’t reach any of them,” he said.

“I dropped a message for Oby Ezekwesili on Twitter, but there was no response. We will reach out to group. It is purely a fund for the Chibok girls, and we want to make BBOG a signatory to the account.”

https://www.thecable.ng/bbog-group-knocks-buharis-daughter-for-raising-n3-5m-with-its-brand-name?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ThecableTopStories+%28TheCable+%C2%BB+Top+Stories%29

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by modath(f): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
Why? This lady should know a good name is more expensive than diamond.... she may not care for her name but she should consider her "relatives"... sad

Where was she when the movement was birthed? Why come in now? Mdm Oby & Aisha do not need her help, she should find something else to do if she has "a belated & needless" compulsion to "help"...

26 Likes

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by INTROVERT(f): 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
WHY ME, WHY YOU.
Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by TippyTop(m): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
The Buharis are milking the populace with reckless abandon.
Trust zombies to donate their miserly salaries to General Clueless family.
Please don't blame el-Dullard's family, if you have same opportunity controlling hordes of zombies you'd do the same.

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
She is exploiting her father's position to enrich herself.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
[s]
TippyTop:
The Buharis are milking the populace with reckless abandon.
Trust zombies to donate their miserly salaries to General Clueless family.
[/s]

U think buhari's children are corrupt like Jonathan's family? Buhari raised them well

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by abokibuhari: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
modath:
Why? This lady should know a good name is more expensive than diamond.... she may not care for her name but she should consider her "relatives"... sad

Where was she when the movement was birthed?
huh, dont tell me you wailing....

still dont get it, anytine i quote you i get banned. abuse of power is not good, learn to have a thick skin

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by TippyTop(m): 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

U think buhari's children are corrupt like Jonathan's family? Buhari raised them well
They're not corrupt, they just use Bbog to raise millions from zombies.
How much did they fleece off you? If you like donate your intestine to the Buhari's na you sabi.

160 Likes 12 Shares

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by modath(f): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
abokibuhari:

huh, dont tell me you wailing....

Wailing is your calling not mine...... I will always "criticise" wrong moves/gaffes when need be.... I won't create a temple in my bedroom, offering special prayers to gods of evil for the govt to fail to appease my embittered soul..

still dont get it, anytine i quote you i get banned. abuse of power is not good, learn to have a thick skin

You can't get it cos it's far above you.... I will help you this once... I refuse to grow a thick skin, I'm neither a porcupine, crocodile nor a warthog, sorry!!!! smiley smiley

If my opinions enrages you, sorry i can't help you, all i can advise is that you log out, find a 50n plastic ball, some of your contemporaries to play 5 a side set with....You don't have the liberty of personal attacks, abuses , name calling & sheer bigotry directed at me, no... I won't look away... * call me snitch? No problem*

You break the rules on ME/MO, I'm using the "report button"... Some of us won't allow this platform be turned into a mental asylum!! Mbanu!! cool

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by Pidggin(f): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
Thief

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by hucienda: 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
Disarray.

1 Like

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by jossy4joseph(m): 5:34am On Oct 18, 2016
This is pure corruption

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by SpitsOnYoruba: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2016
Just 3.5 million naira ??
Come on, that's what we spend in Las Vegas nightclubs every week

The daughter of a president should have at least 30 billion naira in her bank account

I know who will be affected, the Afonjas and Zombies will be terribly affected, as for us, we're good and rich as fucck

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by veekid(m): 8:46am On Oct 18, 2016
Ok
Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by Ehiflex: 8:47am On Oct 18, 2016
hmm
Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by JesusmyGod1: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2016
Family Of thieves

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2016
But why?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by Deeypeey(m): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2016
really..ve got notyn to say
Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by obembet(f): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2016
abeg a bag of rice is how much for your side

2 Likes

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by AntiWailer: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2016
So she did the event secretly.

Bunch of m0r0ns.

1 Like

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by Proffdada: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2016
I blame the banner printer undecided

3 Likes

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by XaintJoel20: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2016
What is it with the Buharis and plagiarism? Her father plagiarized Obama's and Charles de Gaulle speech and now his daughter is infringing on the intellectual property of a group.

I know his blind followers will not see any wrongdoing in this, just as they didn't see his infamous "my wife belongs to my kitchen, living room and other room" speech as verbal mishap.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:49am On Oct 18, 2016
Tamuno eh Talk true
Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by BrutalJab: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2016
I'm not surprised.

Awon ole!!!! Deceiving gullible zombies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by FagsamPHP(m): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2016
Like mother like daughter, family of thieves....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by yeyeboi(m): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2016
Where are all those zombies? Make una come defend una master pikin.

Owon oloshi buruku somebody

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by omoadeleye(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2016
Uhmm
Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by notoriousbabe: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2016
Na dem sabi

Abeg who get crayfish and local maggi make him borrow me till month end when fayose go pay us I wan take dem cook ewedu soup

2 Likes

Re: BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2016
who is to blame?,the scammer (buhari's daughter), or the scammed (donors),meteeeeew

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pipeline Surveillance Contract Stirs Rift As Dokubo-Asari Clashes With Tompolo / World Leaders Line Up Offers Of Presidential State Visits For PMB / Sanwo-Olu Tests Positive To COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.