Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? (14294 Views)

Our Services Are Web Design, Mobile App Design, Software Design And Desktop App / Ever Wondered What Should You Blog About. Never Worry Here Is WHAT / #GoogleforNigeria: Google Adds 1000 Addresses In Ikeja And Ikoyi To Its Map (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Solmax(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2016
pxjosh:
Interesting and enlightening..

I saw a picture that States: There's no place like 127.0.0.1 What does this mean?

Home!!!
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by UchaNwababa: 8:06am On Oct 19, 2016
ourkobo:
*The Other Room*
By www.afrilaugh.com
In the other room Hardened men become beggars The queen becomes the king to The king, just a beggarly page
In the other room We cry for joy Beg to be injured For there, we enjoy pain
In the other room We beg to suck milkless breasts Accept every proposal And promise any thing
In the other room Fate of nations are decided Destinies of men are fixed Death warrants are signed
The other room What a room! "
-
Buhari Kitchen.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Sibrah: 8:15am On Oct 19, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Yes
It was discovered/invented by Sibrah
How?
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by iykepromotions: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2016
But do you know that you can make money in this same domain names? i.e buying and selling of EXPIRED domain names. for your info to buy a domain is just $9 and you can resell it any amount, yes No fixed price. my first domain sale was sold for N83,000 @ afternic.com, a domain marketplace.

To learn more about this business, visit https://www.nairaland.com/2540836/what-make-money-online
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Lordsurh: 8:41am On Oct 19, 2016
There is no place like "Home" 127.0.0.1 is "home"
pxjosh:

I saw a picture that States: There's no place like 127.0.0.1 What does this mean?
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by gentyolu(m): 8:44am On Oct 19, 2016
Demigods666:
Too lazy to read this sad
if u want to keep a secret for a black man,u put it in writting....
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2016
gentyolu:
if u want to keep a secret for a black man,u put it in writting....

Lol grin
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by onwuakpachris(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by onwuakpachris(m): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2016
have u ever wondered why countries that have nothing to do with English language still have their countries name officially referred to in English...like...people's republic of China..PRC...democratic peoples republic of Korea...DPRK..united Arab emirates..UAE..kingdom of Saudi Arabia..KSA..union of soviet states of Russia..USSR....e.t.c.e.t.c?
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by SkinnyDude(m): 9:30am On Oct 19, 2016
Chipappii:

That was a proxy used for free browsing back then. Hahahahahahaha.
port: 8080
Java and symbian things
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by astarotte: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2016
Lordsurh:
There is no place like "Home" 127.0.0.1 is "home"

I don't understand either.

127.0.0.1 is home of what, the internet?

How is it home?

Enlighten me more Lordsurh Solmax iriferi daclint naijacarz
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Lordsurh: 9:48am On Oct 19, 2016
Yes yoruba..my great grandfather's mother sister uncle friend
Sibrah:
I thought the internet was invented by a Nigerian in 1987.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Lordsurh: 9:52am On Oct 19, 2016
It is used for debugging or testing systems still in production stage, take for example you are building a web application and it is not live yet..you can use 127.0.0.1 to test it and see how it works...it is also called localhost..
astarotte:

I don't understand either.

127.0.0.1 is home of what, the internet?

How is it home?

Enlighten me more Lordsurh Solmax iriferi daclint naijacarz

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Auspharm(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2016
Lordsurh:
It is used for debugging or testing systems still in production stage, take for example you are building a web application and it is not live yet..you can use 127.0.0.1 to test it and see how it works...it is also called localhost..
bros calm down,
u jst complicated d whole ish d more...

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Blessytee(f): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2016
Good! Check my signature
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by ianSweet(f): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2016
Interesting. Americans always on top. Discovering everything.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Sibrah: 11:29am On Oct 19, 2016
Lordsurh:
Yes yoruba..my great grandfather's mother sister uncle friend
? ? ?
I doubt you stability.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Sibrah: 11:33am On Oct 19, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Yes
It was discovered/invented by Sibrah
No reply?
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Lordsurh: 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hmmmm true
onwuakpachris:
have u ever wondered why countries that have nothing to do with English language still have their countries name officially referred to in English...like...people's republic of China..PRC...democratic peoples republic of Korea...DPRK..united Arab emirates..UAE..kingdom of Saudi Arabia..KSA..union of soviet states of Russia..USSR....e.t.c.e.t.c?
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Doug07034780891(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
k
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by mohemos: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
pxjosh:

It means "There's no place like home"
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by makemoneynow(m): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
I don't understand. Enlighten me.

127.0.0.1 is an address that can be used to test if ur laptop or desktop can connect to the internet I.e if the network interface card is not damaged.
I want you to do a quick test if u have a laptop, go to the command prompt, type PING 127.0.0.1 if u get a reply dat means ur laptop can connect to the internet ( wireless or lan cable ).
127.0.0.1 is also d only address u can go without internet access, u can try other address to confirm .
u don't need anyone's access or permission to enter ur house, guess dats wat d picture means

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by iriferi(m): 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
I don't understand. Enlighten me.

Ok, let me break it down a bit for you.

An IP address known as Internet Protocol is a string of unique numbers that identifies a computer to a particular network. Let's say for example: you're connected to the network of your school. This connection is like a bluetooth connection, but the difference is, it is a number that looks something like this: 216.3.128.12. This number is so unique because it is different from other numbers that belong to other computers in that same network of your school.

Now, although you have a unique ip address, it looks hard to start memorizing those numbers.
Let's say you are having a hard time connecting to your school's network and you want to diagnose the issue. You want to know if the necessary connection on your end is intact, then you can try to connect back to yourself through a process called pinging (loop back)

Now the technologist across the world decided that you can use 127.0.0.1 to ping yourself and check if your computer is working perfectly in terms of connection.

Apparently, when you type that number into the url space of your web browser eg mozilla firefox, chrome etc, it will comeback to you and as such 127.0.0.1 is called localhost or home.

Got it?
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by ChemicalReaction(f): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
Yeahh.. Got it! [quote author=iriferi post=50334774]Ok, let me break it down a bit for you.An IP address known as Internet Protocol is a string of unique numbers that identifies a computer to a particular network. Let's say for example: you're connected to the network of your school. This connection is like a bluetooth connection, but the difference is, it is a number that looks something like this: 216.3.128.12. This number is so unique because it is different from other numbers that belong to other computers in that same network of your school.
Now, although you have a unique ip address, it looks hard to start memorizing those numbers.
Let's say you are having a hard time connecting to your school's network and you want to diagnose the issue.You want to know if thenecessary connection on your end is intact, then you can try to connect back to yourself through a process called pinging (loop back)Now the technologist across the world decided that you can use 127.0.0.1 to ping yourself and check if your com
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Lordsurh: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
perfect
iriferi:

Ok, let me break it down a bit for you.

An IP address known as Internet Protocol is a string of unique numbers that identifies a computer to a particular network. Let's say for example: you're connected to the network of your school. This connection is like a bluetooth connection, but the difference is, it is a number that looks something like this: 216.3.128.12. This number is so unique because it is different from other numbers that belong to other computers in that same network of your school.

Let's say you are having a hard time connecting to your school's network and you want to diagnose the issue. You want to know if the necessary connection on your end is intact, then you can try to connect back to yourself through a process called pinging (loop back)

Now the technologist across the world decided that you can use 127.0.0.1 to ping yourself and check if your computer is working perfectly in terms of connection.

Apparently, when you type that number into the url space of your web browser eg mozilla firefox, chrome etc, it will comeback to you and as such 127.0.0.1 is called localhost or home.

Got it?
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Lordsurh: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2016
cool
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Lordsurh: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
!
Re: Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? by Lordsurh: 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
MUST READ !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of The World's Top 10 Biggest Forums On The Internet And What They Earn. / How To Get Instant Adsense Approval / Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.