Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People (1008 Views)

COVID-19: Political, Commercial Experts Have Hijacked Our Jobs – Pathologists / 5 Types Of People That Easily Attract Mosquitoes / 8 Flora That Mosquitoes Can’t Stand To Be Round (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
We all know someone (perhaps ourselves) who seems to be a favorite target for mosquitoes. For some mysterious reason, they attract these little critters like no one else.
It turns out that there’s a reason why they bite some people more than others. Health experts believe that mosquitoes are attracted to certain kinds of people. Here are the 4 factors that determine whether you may be one of them.
Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
PREGNANCY

Mosquitoes are attracted to the carbon dioxide that people produce when they breathe. Pregnant women produce more carbon dioxide, which means that mosquitoes can pay special attention to them. It’s worth remembering this considering the extent to which the Zika virus currently presents a real threat to babies.

Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
EXERCISE

You shouldn’t be surprised to find that mosquitoes will attack with particular aggression after you’ve finished a jog or some other kind of workout. They’re attracted to lactic acid, which is produced in large quantities in your muscles when the latter are subjected to physical strain.

1 Like

Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
DRINKING ALCOHOL

Experts have found that heat-producing drinks make us more attractive to mosquitoes. In particular, alcohol raises our body temperature and mosquitoes zero in on our warm bodies.

Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by ezechueze(m): 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
OK
Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by DAntivirus: 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
What of the fourth one
Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
TYPE "O" BLOOD

Research indicates that the likelihood of a mosquito biting someone with type O blood is 83%. People with type A blood are least likely to be bitten by mosquitoes.

So if you find yourself in one of these risk groups, it might be time to stock up on mosquito repellent!

Source: aol.com

Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by talktonase(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
I dey drink beer,my blood type is O and I love to exercise.I am finished.. sad

1 Like

Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by corisande: 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
The poster above me grin
The only one wey i identify with na type O blood. The way mosquitoes dey bite me ehn, i begin to wonder if na witchcraft!

1 Like

Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
I'd be in a crowd and still get more bites than everybody else. I don't fall within any of the above.
Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Pilate2016(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
talktonase:
I dey drink beer,my blood type is O and I love to exercise.I am finished.. sad
Hahahaha, go and appease the god of mosquitoes.
Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Pilate2016(m): 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
corisande:
The poster above me grin
The only one wey i identify with na type O blood. The way mosquitoes dey bite me ehn, i begin to wonder if na witchcraft!
Eeyah! it's a pity. And una be the universal donors.
Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by talktonase(m): 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Pilate2016:
Hahahaha, go and appease the god of mosquitoes.
since you be their neighbour abeg wetin be their oga name abeg?
Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
As a child, there is something I can't fathom about Malaria fever

My elder brother and I always slept in the same bed. Whenever one of us go down with malaria fever just watch out in the next few days the next person goes down with malaria. Does it imply that we were been bitten by the same mosquito or is it because malaria is contagious?

What are the economically importance of Mosquito? What does it add to the eco system?? ?

1 Like

Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by Pilate2016(m): 6:16am On Oct 18, 2016
talktonase:
since you be their neighbour abeg wetin be their oga name abeg?
Abeg Google am. We no dey call their name any how.
Re: Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People by talktonase(m): 11:04am On Oct 18, 2016
Pilate2016:
Abeg Google am. We no dey call their name any how.
google say make I ask you,say you sabi them pass tongue

(1) (Reply)

Common Everyday Things That Are Destroying Your Teeth / 8 Foods That Enhance Male Sexual Performance / Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.