Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates (1383 Views)

Never Seen Before Photos Of ‘pregnant’ Tacha Go Viral / Lady Blasts Slay Queens Who Only Take Care Of Their Faces, Leaving Their Vaginas / Photos Of Pregnant Sex Doll (2) (3) (4)

Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by Aiholi(m): 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
RECENTLY, the National Human Rights Commission revealed that 90 per cent of women awaiting trial in prisons across the country are either nursing mothers or pregnant.
The Executive Secretary of the commission,
Professor Bem Angwe, said the figure was
arrived at after the commission’s recent prison audit across the country. “In our prisons today, we have a lot of nursing
mothers who are being locked up with their
children and are nursing these children in the
prison cells. “We also have instances where such women who are still carrying babies in prison are also pregnant. “It is also sad to note that more than 90 per cent of these nursing mothers are still awaiting trial.

These are women that should have been released on bail while awaiting their trial. But they are kept there in prison with their children who are made to serve prison terms when their mothers are not yet convicted,’’ Angwe said.
Before leaving office, former Comptroller General of Prisons, Zakari Ibrahim, was said to have ordered a pregnancy test to be carried out on some female inmates of Owerri prisons following rumours of sexual relationship between female inmates and male prison officials, and the discovery by parents of a young lady awaiting trial that their daughter was pregnant.

Abusing warrant issues A prison source in Lagos, who spoke with the Sunday Tribune under the condition of anonymity admitted that there are pregnant and nursing mothers in some of the prisons in the South-western part of Nigeria, but quickly pointed out that warders were not responsible for a “majority of the cases.”

The prison source said: “You know that I don’t usually hide my feelings on wrongdoings in the prison, but I must tell you the fact on this. Most of those pregnancies are from outside of the prison. “ Let me tell you, majority of such cases happened with the Awaiting Trial (inmates).
Hardly will you find that with any convicted
female prisoner. This is because the female
prisoners have warderesses and hardly can you
find any man around them, except in cases where they are being taken to court and in those cases, they go with warderesses,” the source added.

Speaking further, the source continued: “Some
influential and powerful male prisoners can have women brought from outside for them to sleep with, but that is not the case with female
convicted prisoners. “The few cases (of pregnant inmates) were done from outside of the prison, whether from the police station or the inmate might have been pregnant before she was sentenced. There is always a close monitoring of the female inmates by the wardresses.
“There was a situation like that in Agodi Prisons, Ibadan, where a police inspector was using the reproduction warrant to sleep with a female awaiting trial inmate. He would get a
reproduction warrant and take the inmate out of the prison. He promised the inmate that he would help her, but he did not. He was just using her by sleeping with her.
“However, one day, the inmate deliberately left her underwear under the policeman’s bed and that was how the whole secret was exposed. The policeman was sentenced to prison.”

On the health services available for nursing and
pregnant mothers at the prisons, the source said further that “they have a sick bay and when the condition is serious, they take them to the hospital. “The pregnant ones, who are due for delivery, are often taken to the General Hospital in most cases. The health care for them is not bad.”

http://tribuneonlineng.com/awaiting-delivery-prisons-take-care-pregnant-inmates/

Ishilove, lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by mhizAnnie(f): 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hmm...that's all I can say undecided
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by Aiholi(m): 12:08am On Oct 18, 2016
mhizAnnie:
Hmm...that's all I can say undecided
U're sure dats all u can say?
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by mhizAnnie(f): 12:22am On Oct 18, 2016
Aiholi:

U're sure dats all u can say?

Yes
No
Maybe
Sometimes
Often
Probably
Are you okay now?
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by Aiholi(m): 12:32am On Oct 18, 2016
mhizAnnie:

Yes
No
Maybe
Sometimes
Often
Probably
Are you okay now?

cheesy cheesy
Just go to the other room and sleep, when u wake in the morning, we'll deliberate abt it.
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by mhizAnnie(f): 12:48am On Oct 18, 2016
Aiholi:

cheesy cheesy
Just go to the other room and sleep, when u wake in the morning, we'll deliberate abt it.

We don't have the other room in the house grin
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by Aiholi(m): 12:57am On Oct 18, 2016
mhizAnnie:

We don't have the other room in the house grin
I have in my place,. u can visit... grin
Btw, why are you still awake?
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by mhizAnnie(f): 1:48am On Oct 18, 2016
Aiholi:

I have in my place,. u can visit... grin

Btw, why are you still awake?

My sleep for this night went on vacation
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by Aiholi(m): 7:04am On Oct 18, 2016
mhizAnnie:

My sleep for this night went on vacation Lol
U still avent told me d meeting u went for.. Why are u awake by 13:48GMT?
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by mhizAnnie(f): 11:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
Aiholi:

U still avent told me d meeting u went for..
Why are u awake by 13:48GMT?

If I see credit alert now, then I'm ok grin
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by Aiholi(m): 12:10am On Oct 19, 2016
mhizAnnie:

If I see credit alert now, then I'm ok grin
Hahahhahahahahhaha...ok wait am comin
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by mhizAnnie(f): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2016
Aiholi:

Hahahhahahahahhaha...ok wait am comin

Oya I'm waiting grin
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by chris2face(m): 10:18am On Oct 19, 2016
I have nothing to say who has that Morinho photo self?
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by Aiholi(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2016
mhizAnnie:

Oya I'm waiting grin
Ok... Where did we stop again sef?
Re: Awaiting Delivery: How Prisons Take Care Of Pregnant Inmates by ChemicalReaction(f): 7:36am On Oct 20, 2016
I hail my dear nation..

8 Ways To Know You Are Dating A MARRIED MAN!!!! / Virginity Without Extra Oil / What Does My Neighbour’s Wife Mean By This? (photos) I8+