Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Airtel- A Confused Network - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Airtel- A Confused Network (444 Views)

Poetry/A Confused Mind Wrote This / Confused Monkey Tries To Steal A Burger Through A Car Windscreen In South Africa / Who Knows This Confused Woman Roaming About In Maryland,Lagos?(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airtel- A Confused Network by WackyJ1(m): 1:36am On Oct 18, 2016
I am a regular subscriber to the Airtel night plan offered by the Trybe tarrif plan, especially the #25 naira for 500mb bundle that is valid between the hours of 12am – 5am. On the 16th of this Month, I wanted to subscribe for the plan but I was told upon dialing the code that the plan was already active. I called the Customer care service and I was asked by the agent I ended up talking, whether I subscribed for the plan the previous night and I answered that I did and then he told me that normally the system is supposed to reset by 5am everyday to enable me to be able to subscribe the next night should I decide to do so. But that because of an error on their system that I wouldn’t be able to do that but that I Would need to be patient for 24 hours in order for them to fix the problem and as such I wouldn’t be able to subscribe for this night. I had to agree.

Pardon the Long story but there is a point to this.
I used it very well the next night which is the 17th and I wanted to use it again tonight, only for me to see the same error message. I called their CC in order to report the error and this time I was told that I needed to wait for 24hours in order for me to be able to resubscribe for the plan. I told him what i was told by the CC agent i called on the 16th and he said that, what he just told me was how the plan now operates.
I was told by the customer Care agent that i had subscribed by1:54 am and that i should try it again by 1:55am.

I asked him "Does that make sense? that if i had subscribed by 4am the previous night and i wanted to use it this night, that i would have to wait till 4:01am tonight in order to use it?"

His reply was
"Whether it makes sense to me or not doesn't matter"

Why such inconsistencies in the services being offered by Airtel?
and they don't care as long as No one complains about it?

Anyone else also experienced something similar to this with Airtel?

1 Like

Re: Airtel- A Confused Network by JanWuya: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
Naaaaaaaahhh Bro the plan is actually valid for 24 hours. This means that you cannot subscribe twice within 24 hours. You can reach Airtel on twitter via @Airtel_care.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: Dog 'with Swag' Spotted In T-shirt, Trousers And Sunglasses / Access Bank Shades Man United After Defeat To Chelsea (Snapshot) / Nationwide League Super Eight Starts Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.