Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently (33644 Views)

Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit / 23-year-old Law Student Gets A Mercedes Benz From Her Mother As Birthday Gift / Zimbabwean Man Takes Used Condoms To Court As Prove Of Sister Inlaw’s Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by MsFaith: 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
nnamdibig:

Don't mind all these end time daughter in laws abi daughter of jezebels.

you are not a woman so you don't know the pain

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by realityone(m): 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
So living peaceably with all men means you should pack all men into your house to live permanently with you? I
kingphilip:
help me ask am o

Even the scripture he's trying to bank on says live peaceably with all men and the daughter in law isn't obeying that and he's here quoting scriptures

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
sisisioge:

Babes, she said they don't get along. Why bring them together under the same roof? He could service his sonly duties while mama is safely tucked in her quarters biko. Obviously, you haven't seen any dreadful MIL at work before. The story gets dirty.

Why get married to the man in the first place when she is not getting along with her mother inlaw? No woman can deny my mother from being with me in my own house.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by ypic: 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
Loisemm:
How many of you would not mind your mother Inlaw who just retired and is not sick or needing medical attention come and live with you and hubby permanently?!
My friend's mother Inlaw is planning to do this. My friend is not comfortable with it at all but has resigned her mind to it.

The mother Inlaw often visits them and spends weeks and months with them even though she does not get along with the wife. The wife told me the mama never wanted her first son to marry and would have preferred he continues to bear children outside wedlock. He had a child before marriage. They have children of theirs now.

Sincerely, I can't undastand the rationale behind a mother moving into her son's house without invitation or permission. Is it fair?

Note -she has a married daughter o. Is it not better for her to live with her daughter if her and her daughter in-law dont get along? This lady now has strong cause to believe the mama is out to break her home. Would she now be receptive to her coming to live with them permanently?
Relationship with in-laws requires lots of wisdom and tact, click here to learn more: http://familyparliament.com/Thread/i-slapped-my-mother-in-law-what-my-husband-did-will-shock-you/
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by BestJay(m): 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Op, hop she iz redi 2b remot-kontrol by ha moda-in-law? No mata hw gud dey r, dey r worse wen dey live 2geda wit u buh sum kud b naturali, morali & eida christianli gud. Jux b redi 4anytin u get as u let her in cox she cn't b lyk ur moda, neida wil d son watch u disrespec/disobey his mum. If you must, pray well...
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by kingphilip(m): 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
realityone:
So living peaceably with all men means you should pack all men into your house to live permanently with you? I
I wanted to just answer you yes and leave but i don't want to be the cause of your restless sleep

She's having a problem with her mother in law and that's what I'm saying she should sort out thereby bringing about the peace I'm referring to
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by shophut(m): 12:11am On Oct 19, 2016
Your friend got married to her son and now doesn't want the mother to her husband to stay with them. Hope she will not want to visit her own son's house and when her son's wife says no she shouldn't get angry. Karma is very much alive.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Pchidexy(m): 12:23am On Oct 19, 2016
The kind response I see from some Jezebels is quite disheartening. You want a man chase away his mother just because he married a bitch!

Nawa for some of una... I swear!
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Seun360(m): 12:58am On Oct 19, 2016
AfroKnight:
Just look at these ladies. They have forgotten that they will become mothers in law one day. Just look at the nonsense they are saying. Na somebody marry these ones o.

You cannot stop his mother from moving in unless you are evil. She is his mother and they are related by blood and genes. You on the other hand were married.

You can divorce a wife but not a mother. Better respect the bond between a man and his family before marrying him.

The good woman raised him to be a good catch for you but now you want to relegate her.

The man will decide not you. Nonsense.

As expected, a couple of wicked jezebels have quoted me. You have no choice. The mother raised the man and you will not have authority over her unless you want your daughters in law to dictate when you visit your own sons. Make una go siddon. Nonsense.

You dey mind them...?
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by gaelllic: 1:05am On Oct 19, 2016
Loisemm:

The wife told me the mama never wanted her first son to marry and would have preferred he continues to bear children outside wedlock.

Sincerely, I can't undastand the rationale behind a mother moving into her son's house without invitation or permission.

Note -she has a married daughter o.

Wherefore a man shall leave
father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be two in one flesh.

Genesis 2:24 (Douay-Rheims)

A lot of men seem to find this commandment a huge difficulty.

Africans more than most maybe.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by gaelllic: 1:09am On Oct 19, 2016
PaperLace:
Nobody can move into my house on permanent basis...nobody.

PaperLace:

'but this isn't cast on stone_ it's in fact a very flexible rule. If push comes to shove, I can/will compromise.

Now that's what you call a tactical retreat.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Okeikpu(m): 3:26am On Oct 19, 2016
sisisioge:

Babes...as in! They are something else jare. They just wanna be the DIL's contender by force by fire.I remember rescuing my uncle's wife from my Grandma one time. Wetin be her offense? Babe just came from UK, she doesn't fancy meat . Gramma cooked and gave her plenty meats, babe saw and was visibly shaken, she politely told Gramma meats were too much. Gramma insisted she would be offended if the babe doesn't finish it. Babe nearly choked herself downing the whole lot. Babe finished the meat successfully after going beyond herself trying not to piss her mil. Fast forward later in the evening, Grandma reported the babe to her bobo, us and every other fam member that cares to listen that the babe is a glutton! She would be the hole in my uncles purse...jeez! I just scatter ground for her grin

By the way, babe had no idea of the war that went on behind her back.
Shebi all of una go turn to grannies someday, only if you're lucky to be alive :/ Then una go know the reason y they luv to protect their son
No marra wht it takes grin And don't 4get they so much hate those ones wear too much makeup n highhills grin
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by KissCODE(m): 3:46am On Oct 19, 2016
Loisemm:
How many of you would not mind your mother Inlaw who just retired and is not sick or needing medical attention come and live with you and hubby permanently?!
My friend's mother Inlaw is planning to do this. My friend is not comfortable with it at all but has resigned her mind to it.

The mother Inlaw often visits them and spends weeks and months with them even though she does not get along with the wife. The wife told me the mama never wanted her first son to marry and would have preferred he continues to bear children outside wedlock. He had a child before marriage. They have children of theirs now.

Sincerely, I can't undastand the rationale behind a mother moving into her son's house without invitation or permission. Is it fair?

Note -she has a married daughter o. Is it not better for her to live with her daughter if her and her daughter in-law dont get along? This lady now has strong cause to believe the mama is out to break her home. Would she now be receptive to her coming to live with them permanently?
What your friend needs is prayers not advice. The mother inlaw and son are smh
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by repogirl(f): 4:55am On Oct 19, 2016
It's the husband that is allowing this sort of thing happen. Is he a mama's boy?

Your friend has no choice but to accept it the way it is. She shouldn't be negative and should just do her own part as a good wife believing whatever plans the mother in law has against her marriage will fail.

Friends, enemies, family will come and go. If they have bad plans against your marriage, just do your own part by not being aggressive and you will see that their plans won't be successful. Don't help them crash your marriage by fighting them, just allow them to do until they are exhausted.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 19, 2016
niyi123:

May God bless you, for this wonderful comment.
Bless you too sir
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by wolu4: 6:28am On Oct 19, 2016
Ujoan:

What if he daughter's husband doesn't want her in their house.Its his house after all and we all know how Nigerian men think. The woman is afterall his wife's mother not his.

On the other hand, the woman wants to move into her SON's house, the son she bore and nurtured and made a man out of her loins. Abi your friend doesn't think she deserves to reap the fruit of her labour in her own son's house undecided

A lot of men get married and still live with their wives in their parents home, with their parents still alive. So why can't mama move into her son's house

As far as she's not causing any troubles for the couple, I don't see this as a big problem.

Your friend needs to be a little more receptive towards other people.
my dear No MIL will come to ur house n won't monitor how u live with ur husbby. According to the Bible, A man shall leave his family n be with his wife and the two will bcome 1. Am not against the MIL coming to visit but am so against her coming to stay permanently when she is not sick. What happened to her husband's house?, did her own MIL stay permanently with her in her matrimonial home?. The DIL in question did not stop her son from taking care of her. She should go take care of her hubby's house xcept she is a single mother dat never got married. My mum cannot spend 2weeks outside her late husbby's house.she will tell u to come n do whatever u want to do for her in her house cos she understands what d bible says abt marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 19, 2016
the MIL staying permanently won't end well.trust me.

when my brother got married,my mum went there after retirement, within two weeks,she was sent back.complain was too much.

we thought our brother was bad till we all married too.

my mum can complain for Africa,anything we do as a couple,she will say otherwise.

I stylishly told her to go too. I later saw reason with my brother.

now she stays alone with house help, we give her money monthly.

my MIL too was worse,she will take side with the daughter when we have argument. she wants to live with us permanently too,I told her we are traveling after omugwo.that's how she left..

MIL,and DIL can't just mix,except you don't want peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by nnamdibig(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2016
MsFaith:

you are not a woman so you don't know the pain
What pain are you talking about?
I have a wife & I know how my wife & mum relates. Infact my wife sees herself as my mum's last born and mum sees her like that.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by beedam(f): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2016
bilulu:

1. Don't forget one day u will become a mother in law too n u would want to move into ur son's house...... Expect same treatment
2. If she didn't took care of him he wouldn't be become d responsible gentleman u met n admired.
3. If she didn't pay ur bride price mind u, u won't call dat house ur home.......
I logged on Jux to respond to ur comment

1) Must she move into their house permanently? A place can be rented/built for her and get someone to stay with her while they visit her and she visits them too. Haba!

2) if the wife's mother didn't take care of her to become the responsible gentle lady he met and admired nko? Meaning should her mother too move in because she trained her daughter?

3) it's the husband duty to pay bride price and that's why he paid it. Don't make it look like the husband did the wife a favour by marrying her as if they won't both get another person if they refuse to marry each other.

I had to log on to respond to your comment too grin

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by beedam(f): 7:17am On Oct 19, 2016
HBIAFRA1:
If you reject your mother inlaw, one day ur son will get married and his wife will reject u also,, then u will be old mother inlaw too, if ur hands and heart is clean then commit ur case to God, mama inlaw will come and no evil will happen !

You don carry karma enter the matter? Maybe the MIL rejected her MIL too and that's why same is happening to her now ( think of it that way)

The thing is why do the MIL want to move into their house? Why?

Leave God out of this matter jooor! Make the lady turn to prayer warrior because of what nah.

5 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by tiswell(m): 7:43am On Oct 19, 2016
sisisioge:
Chai! Fear is already catching me on behalf of your friend already. I think she should tell the guy her concern, if he insists then na gobe be that o.

I think she needs to prepare a sort of armour in anticipation...

Ordinarily, the mother in-law wouldn't think of moving in knowing there is no love lost between her and the DIL if she hasn't been getting her ways with her in the past. The DIL should just be ready to change their relationship asap. No need to fight, no need to talk too much, no need to be rude...na body language! She shouldn't cower for her abeg. Just treat her like another long staying house guest. Maintain your stand and dignity...she no be god biko.

By the way, babes might need to invest in a CCTV o. Just in case things escalate beyond "wetin happen"...a picture speaks more than a thousand words!

Jeez! I don't know why MIL are like this, imagine this poor woman going bunkers just cos mma is coming...can't MILs be civil?
Feminist rant spot on! What is wrong with a mother living in her son's house...? If her son is good enough for you as a husband,why would the mother be different...guess you would not have had issues if it were to be the girl's mothersad
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by tiswell(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2016
sisisioge:

Babes, she said they don't get along. Why bring them together under the same roof? He could service his sonly duties while mama is safely tucked in her quarters biko. Obviously, you haven't seen any dreadful MIL at work before. The story gets dirty.
You don't seem like you would make a good wife(observation),you carry the matter for head pass the lady in question haba fa!
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by tiswell(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2016
sisisioge:

She's troublesome, so implied the OP.
You seem more troublesome than the supposed *troublesome* MIL:sad
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by tiswell(m): 7:54am On Oct 19, 2016
sisisioge:

Joan! No be today mama dey visit! She's been staying for weeks and months before. Anyways, I pity her...my prayers are with her.
More prayer sessions is needed on you because your choice of words if taken serious can wreck that marriage already.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by mabana101: 7:56am On Oct 19, 2016
lollytk:
U won't know a woman's real characters until her son gets married, I used to think my mum was d best until my brother married and she went for omugwo,she complaints that d dil knows she eats breakfast by 6 am n she sleeps till 8-9( d dil just put to bed ooo n she breastfeeds d baby all through d night) my mum became another baby of d house, always looking for attention from d son, takes sides wt my bro whenever she sighted little argument btw d couple, after some time my bro asked her to go back, and my dad said he already bets with my uncle that my mum won't stay long because she used to have issues wt her own mil when we were younger, she painted our grandma black n later started acting d same way she said her mil acted,that law of karma will catch up wt her, na so dem take send mama back after 2 weeks of battle, I felt for d dil because she was always calling n crying, but she got her peace when mil left .most women are like that, they are each other's enemy,my father told my bro that keeping his wife n mother under same room is like marrying 2 new wives .
am speechless

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by tiswell(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2016
sisisioge:

No be small thing o! By the way, my Gramma is one of the nicest people in the world...she just turned troublesome for the wives alone ni. No direct confrontation, she go just dey give them small small. God help any of them, they get too excited about anything grin The kind of voice I drop her, them no born any wife well try am. Even the heavens will reject the said wife ke. grin I will be like...Gramma mi!
sad
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by beedam(f): 8:14am On Oct 19, 2016
kingphilip:
are you married??

Let me answer on her behalf. NO

Cc Sweetcypress, I know I'm right!
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 19, 2016
D
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Why get married to the man in the first place when she is not getting along with her mother inlaw? No woman can deny my mother from being with me in my own house.
na the woman she marry? Sebi when they were getting married, mama too took her vows with them at the altar.
The Bible aptly states that a man will leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife alone because they are one. If mama is not terminally ill and has no one to fend for her, then there is no reason she should come and stay in her son's matrimonial home. Notice the operative word "matrimonial" no third parties involvements and mama will surely involve herself in matters that do not concern her.
I wonder if people actually listen to The sermons preached during wedding ceremonies

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Arielle: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2016
AfroKnight:
Just look at these ladies. They have forgotten that they will become mothers in law one day. Just look at the nonsense they are saying. Na somebody marry these ones o.

You cannot stop his mother from moving in unless you are evil. She is his mother and they are related by blood and genes. You on the other hand were married.

You can divorce a wife but not a mother. Better respect the bond between a man and his family before marrying him.

The good woman raised him to be a good catch for you but now you want to relegate her.

The man will decide not you. Nonsense.

As expected, a couple of wicked jezebels have quoted me. You have no choice. The mother raised the man and you will not have authority over her unless you want your daughters in law to dictate when you visit your own sons. Make una go siddon. Nonsense.

"The mother raised the man" ? She did a poor job otherwise he would take care of his home front and his wife's emotional needs and not look for mummy to come and live in his house when she has her own. "Nonsense"
What women will put up with for the sake of being married. By God's grace, at that age I will have a full and very busy life and will have no time to go hanging on any of my sons when they should be concentrating on building a life with their wives. I am raising them well. Nigerian mothers need to check themselves. In the way they relate with their married sons and their wives and the way they raise their young sons who will be tomorrow's married men. Thank God I had a good example in my Mum. She's too busy looking after her husband, running her NGO and enjoying her life. Her 3 daughters in law are the ones looking for her to come spend time with her grandchildren.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Peace2love: 9:04am On Oct 19, 2016
Did I hear troublesome? That's not enough reason, come to think of it, if it were to be her own mother won't she allow her in. Since the mother in law don't know that her son suppose to leave his father and mother and CLEAVE to his wife, she should let her come and keep pray God will intervene and give peace that she deserve in her. home.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by adorable29(f): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2016
Haba mana! Why are you skeptical about your MIL coming to ruin your marriage and make your life miserable PERMANENTLY. What kind of daughter in-law are you. If she is troublesome, manage na. Is your mother not troublesome with you too. Oh okay, cos it's your mum and will never take to heart what you do to offend her? It's same circumstance jor.

So what if you will never have peace again. Is it not HER SON'S HOUSE? Is it your house? What have you contributed to raising your family. NOTHING! Your fathers house is your house and not that house you are living. Nonsense.

Anyway the more the merrier. Get your mum and dad to come live permanently too. I don't understand why you don't want to have high blood pressure at an early age!

Warrahel is wrong with you. You married a Nigerian man. Deal with it.

*sips kunu*

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by uzoexcel(m): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2016
Doesn't she have a husband? I mean the mother in law?
Loisemm:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

White Man Demands N2m To Return A Boy He Took From Nigerian Lady / Photos: This Lady Is Looking For Her Father / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.