Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

How To Register Your Business In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Register Your Business In Nigeria (30515 Views)

How To Start A POS Business In Nigeria / You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by ekmike(m): 6:12am On Oct 19, 2016
LibertyRep:

Thank you so much. I was waiting for an e-mail 17 days after whereas the approval has been done about 24 hours after payment. So glad to see it. Thanks
You welcome..hope your reservation name was approved. Pls dont make the mistake of paying the 250 for sale of form online. Mine was not accepted. Generate your RRR and pay in a bank
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by micgray100(m): 7:13am On Oct 19, 2016
It is not as easy as highlighted...there is more to CAC company incorporation.... A lawyer will still be needed to sign for you...

Check my signature and see where I have helped many fellow Nairalanders...

Call or Watsapp 07032728941 Mr GBENGA... Is not about all money..
I give advice free too..

1 Like

Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by sheis: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2016
@ OP, if I go through the online process for a business name registration, how will I get my certificate and how long will it take for me to receive it?

Thanks
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by emmabest2000(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2016
leksmedia:
Offline Registration

The offline registration requires you to get a lawyer or accountant if you are registering for a limited liability company or others rather than a Business name. If you are registering for a business name, you might not require the service of a lawyer as you can just walk into any of the offices of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Pick up your registration form and pay the sum stated for your business.

These rates are as at October 2016. Notes they may be subject to change

Read More here http://www.businessmopol.com/register-business-nigeria/
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by leksmedia: 9:03am On Oct 19, 2016
Enter those two words make sure you separate them
darmolla:

Pls someone should come to my aid....
the security text is in two forms with one is right...
left or right
have
been trying creating my account
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by leksmedia: 9:07am On Oct 19, 2016
You will have to go to their office to complete the final payment of 10,000 for the business name registration

LibertyRep:

Thanks a bunch. Now that the name has been approved, what then are the next steps to take? Thanks
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by val15: 9:25am On Oct 19, 2016
Nice
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by czaratwork: 9:30am On Oct 19, 2016
please who can open a blog for me?
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by arterxerxes: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2016
leksmedia:
Business name registration still comes with a certificate of incorporation

so after paying online, where can I get the certificate? Must I go to there office? If I pay online and I stay in Ondo, where will I now get the certificate? In abuja or ondo? Please help
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by leksmedia: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2016
What kind of blog are you looking at? Send me a message and lets talk biz

czaratwork:
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by leksmedia: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2016
Ondo provided you stated Ondo as your state of residence
arterxerxes:
so after paying online, where can I get the certificate? Must I go to there office? If I pay online and I stay in Ondo, where will I now get the certificate? In abuja or ondo? Please help

1 Like

Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by arterxerxes: 9:49am On Oct 19, 2016
leksmedia:
Ondo provided you stated Ondo as your state of residence
Please how long would it take for me to get the certificate?
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by jsplive: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2016
Please can someone pass detailed info on registration of an N.G.O/non profit making organization like, a missionary group and likely how much..thanks in advance.
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by LibertyRep: 10:50am On Oct 19, 2016
leksmedia:
You will have to go to their office to complete the final payment of 10,000 for the business name registration

I would av love everything to be done online instead of going to their Office. You wouldn't believe that the same name approved online was rejected when I applied physically at their office
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by micgray100(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2016
LibertyRep:

I would av love everything to be done online instead of going to their Office. You wouldn't believe that the same name approved online was rejected when I applied physically at their office

I WISH YOU ALL LISTEN... THE ONLY TIN THAT LOOKS ONLINE IS THE NAME SEARCH... ALL IS STILL BEING DONE MANUALLY,,,, THE ONLY TIN IS THAT YOU WONT NEED TO BUY FORM 500 NAIRA AGAIN... A WORD IS GOOD FOR THE WISE...
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by BYEI(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2016
leksmedia:
I will advice you from experience, if you just starting a business please dont start with a limited liability company, start with a business name, the different is just the name.
1. As a sole properitorship you are not required to pay company tax but if you are a limited liability company, you will be paying about 30% income tax to government, plus VAT, plus personal income tax, as a start up this might not be too good for you. But with a business name, you are registered, you are allowed to do any business of your choice.,

So for a start, go for business name, then when your business grows, you can then change to a limited liability company.

Thanks bro. Hope the registration of my name will not hinder me to do business outside the state I'm in to. As in, with my business name I am allowed to conduct my business anywhere in Nigeria, cos someone keeps telling me trash here oo, and I would be entitled to loan anytime I feel like? Thanks in anticipation. Op

1 Like

Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by leksmedia: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
You should get it in roughly 2 weeks
arterxerxes:
Please how long would it take for me to get the certificate?
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by LibertyRep: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
micgray100:

I WISH YOU ALL LISTEN... THE ONLY TIN THAT LOOKS ONLINE IS THE NAME SEARCH... ALL IS STILL BEING DONE MANUALLY,,,, THE ONLY TIN IS THAT YOU WONT NEED TO BUY FORM 500 NAIRA AGAIN... A WORD IS GOOD FOR THE WISE...
you probably did not get my point. I once applied manually at their office for business name registration but the application was denied after a wait of 2 weeks. I read about the online application and I tried it with the same name and it was approved within 48 hours.
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by ezebest1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
@OP, You mean I can't complete the registration online after a successful search with an approved code?
Because this is what I get when I tried registering my approved business name "Sorry. No Business Name was found with the availability code."
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by jamarionj(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
RentALodge:
[b]This is a really good and timely info. Let me list a few reasons why you need to register your business

- Getting on Record: One great advantage of having your company registered with the local, state or federal government is to ensure your company name is not registered by someone else. You should always have it in mind that if your company name is “Utibe Etim Ltd” and someone else has already registered “Etibe Etim”, you can’t register “Utibe Etim” because the name is similar to “Etibe Etim”. So always strive to register your company name before someone else snaps it from you.

- Certificate of Incorporation: You will be issued certificate of incorporation by the appropriate government agency. In Nigeria the Federal Government of Nigeria issues through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), government agency empowered to register companies and issue certificates.

- Reputation With Customers: Building reputation especially from customers and clients you’ve never done business before is very difficult. Registering your business gives your potential customers confidence that they are dealing with a reputable organization. If your business is online based and you have the option of customers paying to your company account before you can ship the goods or services, having a registered business together with a corporate account give more credibility and trust.

- Account Opening in Your Company Name: Another great benefit of registering your company name is to use it to open corporate account in your company name. Having corporate account give you more credibility and trust from your customers, bank, suppliers and other business partners.

- Legal Liability Protection: When you register your business as Limited Liability Company, you are a different entity from your company. You also get legal liability protection. If you incorporate, you will not be held personally responsible for certain accidents and other liabilities.

- Getting Loans: When your company is registered, accessing loan becomes very easy compare to personal loan application. With your documents, you are going to have to prove that you’re actually a business. This gives credibility and trust and also ensures confidence and your investors or lenders will see that they are dealing with a company and will be willing to do lend you money if other terms and conditions are made.

- Continuity: I love this part so much. Before starting by business, I asked myself this question, “What kind of company do I want to build? Is it a company that continues when I’m dead or company that dies with me?” The answer is obvious, company that continues even when I am not around. So if you register your business, one of the benefits is that even if you’re dead or become incapacitated, your business continues especially when you have the right structure in place.

- Hiring Employees: A registered business can employ full-time employees and pay them salaries and other benefits. You have the opportunity to seek for intern especially from National Youth Service Commission or Sure-p that will not cost you a lot in terms of paying salaries and incentives or even cost you nothing in the case of Sure-p.

- Business Trip to Other Country: Another great benefit of business registration is that you can easily obtain visa and travel to any country for business purposes. Every country always welcomes foreign investors who are interested in doing business in their country because such good investments will add value to their economy.

There are so many benefits you will get from your business registration. If you haven’t registered your business, please start making the necessary steps to register your business.[/b]

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**

Nice Information you got here.

1 Like

Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by jamarionj(m): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
biggy26:
So how much for a limited company registration. #1M capital shares?

Approximately... with N50,000. you will get your business registered.

1 Like

Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by jamarionj(m): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
BYEI:
Thank u op for this post. I'm planning on starting my business come April next year and I'm budgeting #500k to 800k for it. Pls how much does it require to register for a limited liability company. Pls help a bro

Like, I Have replied question like this. if you budget N50,000.... you will fully get you business registered.

1 Like

Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by EXICON(m): 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
Insightful write up.

Thumbs bro.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by ekmike(m): 4:47am On Oct 20, 2016
leksmedia:
I will advice you from experience, if you just starting a business please dont start with a limited liability company, start with a business name, the different is just the name, then when your business grows, you can then change to a limited liability company.

This response answered my question..Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by mintyx(m): 5:16am On Oct 20, 2016
Truth is that I don't think the online name reservation still works because I did mine about 3 months ago and each time I visited the CAC site to check for reserved name approval, nothing changed!

It is still that way up till now. Worse is that I emailed them to know if the site is still functional but got no feedback till date...
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by leksmedia: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
I'm glad it did, many people have ran into problems with the government , starting with a limited liability company. Also note you will have to file returns , make sure you ask queations from them when you visit
ekmike:

This response answered my question..Thanks
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by micgray100(m): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
mintyx:
Truth is that I don't think the online name reservation still works because I did mine about 3 months ago and each time I visited the CAC site to check for reserved name approval, nothing changed!
It is still that way up till now. Worse is that I emailed them to know if the site is still functional but got no feedback till date...

bro, Online Reservation Still works fine, there are many things that can happen when doing the online... i av personally lost like 1500 Naira for three name search that didnt reflect "Payment Successful" in CAC website. I got to know using Naira Master card for Payment is better than any of the other payment platforms cos it reflects immediately on their website due to experience.

another issue about your email to them to rectify, See, CAC have the worst customers service of all agencies.. you will call and ask them question, they wont even know what to say... sometimes, the number will be switched off for days...

Well, i am pass through all that.,.. but now, with experience and guidance... it will be very easy..

NOTE... ONLINE REGISTRATION is just a part in the full incorporation... you will still need to do the manual court stamping , cama 4 signing in court and Stamp duty in FIRS.. and physical Verification in CAC office you choose close to you...

there is more my people..

please OP, enlighten these people more... so they wont lose their money after 2 months grace cac gives and be looking for re-validation,,,

I am a Registered agent with CAC.. and i hate to see Client money go to waste..
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by enkaydewdrop(f): 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2016
czaratwork:

Hi. I sent you a PM. Please, reply.
Cheers.
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by kode12: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
leksmedia:
Everyone one is always talking about starting a business, but no one is talking about how to register a business in Nigeria. So here we will be explaining several steps to register your business in Nigeria.
So are you planning to start a business in Nigeria or possibly running a business that is not currently registered, it is advisable to quickly register your business before someone else does.
So to register your business in Nigeria is a simple task. To get your business registered in Nigeria, you will need to go through The Corporate Affairs Commission also known as (CAC). The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) is the governmental body responsible for registering businesses , corporations and companies in Nigeria.
Corporate Affairs Commission was established by the Companies and Allied Matters Act , which was promulgated in 1990 to regulate the formation and management of companies in Nigeria.
We shall go through different steps to register your business in Nigeria.

Types of Business You can Register in Nigeria

Business Name: Sole Proprietorship (One man’s Business):
Private Limited Company (LTD)
Public Limited Company
Company Limited by Guarantee etc

Why You Should Register your business in Nigeria

So that someone else doesn’t register your business
To become a registered and recognized business
To be able to open an account
You cannot get a loan without a business name
Government and top organisations don’t give out contracts to businesses that are not registered
It makes you a legitimate business

How to register your business in Nigeria

You can either register your business online or offline. Either of the two you will have to complete your final registration by visiting the office of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) closest to you.
1. Online Registration: Visit The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) official website on cac.gov.ng, click on “Click here to go to Company Registration Portal (CRP)” to register on the website or click “Public Name Search” to check if your business name is available.

Please note that Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) has the right to disapprove name(s) that are
• capable of misleading as to the nature and extent of its activities
• undesirable, offensive or contrary to public policy
• identical with or similar to the name of a registered company unless the registered company is in the course of dissolution and consents in writing
• contain the phrase “Chamber of Commerce” unless it is a company limited by guarantee
• would violate any existing trade mark or business name unless with the consent of the trade mark or business name owner
• would violate any incorporated trustee unless with consent of the trustees

Source : Business Mopol - Register your Business in Nigeria

Hello bro, I'm looking at registering an LTD,is it possible to get it done without a lawyer? and do you think 55k will cover the entire expenses?
Re: How To Register Your Business In Nigeria by kode12: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
jamarionj:

Like, I Have replied question like this. if you budget N50,000.... you will fully get you business registered.
Hey bro,is registering an LTD possible without a lawyer? If no will 50k still cover the fees of the lawyer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos / Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.