Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Red Night (true Life Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Night (true Life Story) (28602 Views)

My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / May, 2004 (a True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 01, 2016
babz007:
mofolu i am loving your story oya continue
i know sey u don dey vex already but i prefer your full na than that moh that sounds like monkey

lol.... ehnehn
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 01, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
hmmmm.
this is what I've been missing on Nairaland.
nice story..
me like that amanda girl sha.. lol
i laugh in Dutch... lol u are welcome huh
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 01, 2016
damsity:
Wow! nice story. keep d fire burning.

thanks ma'am..
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 01, 2016
Joyce21:
i know krishi! d guy dat took mohs food. nice piece u have hia, n am folloin till d very end.

hmmm.. let's wait and see o
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by BABZIENE(m): 5:49am On Nov 01, 2016
Nice story lines but always update on time for someone like me who has not too big memory .
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2016
Cleared

3 Likes

Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by babz007(m): 10:38am On Nov 01, 2016
chai mofolu why are you so wicked continue this story b4 person go get heart attack .........what of dat guy u met inside the bus ow did u collect your bag?
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Hardybattee45: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2016
OGA update ooooo pls
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by viktohmarkz(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2016
is this one suspense? come and update jare
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by BABZIENE(m): 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
Make this madam do quick nah....abi which one be this update torment?
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
Cleared

3 Likes

Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by babz007(m): 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2016
hmmmm good girl gone bad
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by justifiedcoyy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
shocked no b krishi u meet for bus

U put d poor boy for yawa.. How u wan make he do if him no get money

3plates fa

Dis story sweet sha
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
shocked no b krishi u meet for bus

U put d poor boy for yawa.. How u wan make he do if him no get money

3plates fa

Dis story sweet sha

This is a true life story, not one of those fictional stories that get twisted together. It rarely happens in real life if Krishi had turned out to be the gala guy. The world isn't that small.

Hope you are enjoying the story
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by justifiedcoyy(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
I am enjoying it.. Enjoying is an understatement self.
Mohbaby:

This is a true life story, not one of those fictional stories that get twisted together. It rarely happens in real life if Krishi had turned out to be the gala guy. The world isn't that small.

Hope you are enjoying the story
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by justifiedcoyy(m): 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
Mohbaby com continue dis thing na.
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2016

I shoved the door open and entered my room. My taste buds were juicy already. I couldn’t wait to start eating. I settled down on my mattress and dug the first spoon into my mouth. I munched on it carefully. It tasted better than the other meals I had bought at Milk&Honey.

“Maybe because someone else paid for me” I said to myself and beamed. Feeling like a super victor.

I packed the remaining two plates into the fridge. That would serve as my food for like two days.

I unplugged my phone from the socket and was amazed it was 98% charged. I was surprised NEPA had brought light while I was gone for my phone to have charged to that extent.
I launched into my whatsapp and check few messages. I replied the few I could. I strolled down to the number that had texted me three days ago.

‘Gala guy’ I giggled as I laughed at the name I used to save his number. I tapped on my keyboard and punched in some messages. I read them again to be sure they were perfect for someone like him.

'Hey gala guy, or should I call you a thief'

‘Am happy I paid you back 2day hmm? u think u are a game player right? I have showed you dis evening I am the game master’

‘I hope u weren’t too stranded. You shouldn’t b though. I luv ur suit by d way'

‘And wen am I gettin my tab and my foodstuffs back (that’s if you haven’t even finished dem’

After reading it and satisfied, I sent it and was amazed he was online as the messages were quickly delivered and ticked blue (signifying they’ve been read)

“So this guy hasn’t left his phone since the time I left that place. Chai! Maybe he’s even a yahoo guy sef. He looked rich na’ I said to myself as I fetched myself a glass of water from the dispenser.

Then the online status beneath his name changed to ‘typing’
Gala guy: what suit are you talking about? What do you mean by you showing me this evening you are a game master?, are you high on weed or something?’

Me: Stop all dis crap, just come out wit it nd tell me how u nearly cried.

Gala guy: Look babe, I don’t understand you.
Me: Weren’t you the guy I saw now now at Milk&Honey. Didn’t you pay?

I typed, careful not to shorten any word again since he also didn’t shorten his words.

‘Why is he even being formal online?’ I thought, narrowing my eyes in distaste.

Gala guy: Lol, You saw another person. I am not even in Ilorin now. I am in Lagos and won’t be back till weekend, that’s even why you haven’t collected your stuffs yet. So what guy?
What! What have I done to an innocent person?

‘Maybe he’s pretending jur. He wants to swag up as a guy.’ I scoffed and gave a lopsided laughter.

Me: Stop pretending. Egoism won’t get you anywhere
I replied and waited for his response.

‘Has he gone offline? I need his response to be double sure I didn’t play an innocent soul fa’ I said to myself in a typical Ilorin accent most students schooling in Kwara imbibed.

My feet tapped discrepantly against the floor as I went to get another glass of water. I came back to check my phone. He was already typing.

Gala guy: Young lady, am driving right now, so you’ve got to be fast. What guy are you talking about?

‘What! This guy is damn serious. What has he made me do?’ I almost screamed out loud enough for the whole hostel to gather at my door.

I decided to stop the online ‘saga’ and call him, at least, to be very sure. I dialed his number and waited for it to be picked. Light rippled like disturbed water from the window as I paced to and fro my room, waiting for the call to be picked.
‘Hello, is that the gala guy?’ I spoke into the mouthpiece when it was eventually picked.

‘Sorry? I am Femi by name! Why did you call again after I had told you I was driving?’

I rolled my eyes and thought of something to say. I experienced some stages of emotions raging from uncertainty to anger and then fear.

‘Look, jokes apart. I saw you at Milk&Honey restaurant this evening and…’

‘Me?’ I was interrupted by his voice which apparently itched to yell at me to go on.

‘Yes you. I mean the guy at your present dp’ I scoffed silently and chewed at my bottom lip as I thought of his next possible response.

‘Oh yes, I was there’ That was what I had expected him to say but was shocked to my bones when he gave his response.

‘Jeez. That wasn’t me. That was Kenny. My best friend. Well, you saw him and so what?’ My heart beat erratically against my chest as I trembled and dreaded coming out with what I had done. The situation was like a little girl scared to confess to her mom she stole some chocolate candies from the fridge.
I bit my lower lips and contemplated if I should tell him about or not.

‘See, I thought the guy was you so I bought three packs of food and told the waiter that attended to me he would pay for the packs since I thought it was you and I.. See, just apologize to him for me okay? And get me my bag and tab ASAP!’ I spoke fast like I had memorized those lines.
A dark cloud hovered over my head, souring my mood instantly.

‘What? How could you be so cruel? And how am I even supposed to get you your bag and this so called tab?’

‘Since you got my phone number without any stress, getting my address shouldn’t be difficult for you.’ I elicited a yelp in response and cut the call.

‘How could I have done to an innocent person?’ My heart lurched into my throat as I took in a feeling of guilt.

‘Besides, it was wrong for me to do that as a law student. What if it wasn’t successful and I had been caught?’ I shuddered against an internal cold when an image of me being detained in a cell crossed my mind.

I sat disgruntled upon the worn quilt of my bed. My phone rang out loud. I picked it angrily as I was determined to pour out my anger on him.

‘Femi or whatever you are called, you should be thinking of getting my stuffs across to me and not…’

‘Hello? Its Krishi’ Came a voice, smooth and lithe.

I glanced vehemently at the array of clothing spread upon the mattress, the dissonant pile of fabrics mocking me where it rested. It seemed the clothing were ignoring my inability to make a decision, even after an hour of staring hopelessly at my outfits of choice.

I smacked some balls of chin-chin into my mouth and savoured the delicious taste. They were the only thing that could satisfy my cravings for fried snacks to munch on. I was tired of just staring at my clothes without knowing what to wear for the date.

Yeah, surprised?

Krishi had actually called to apologize and ask for a makeup date. It wasn’t like there was a break up or anything but he said he just wanted to make up for the embarrassment he had caused me at his house on his birthday. He also said it was an absolute necessity due to the fact that his family hadn’t been happy with him and had insisted he made up with her before forgiving him for treating ‘a poor girl’ like a nobody.
The better news was that he had requested for my account number and had transferred fifty thousand naira for the balance of the work I had done to the faces of both mother and daughter. I was actually expecting twenty thousand though. I was more than happy because I would be able to settle all my debts, buy beautiful clothes I had always wanted to buy and of course send some money to my sister in Lagos. Ademide.

The date was the next night and I was preparing for what to wear.

‘I just hope this guy doesn’t mean anything more than a makeup date o, me I don’t even have time for any guy and I don’t want to get married and tie myself down to any man. I just want to be a single mother’ I thought as showers of water dripped down my body as I took a cold bathe in my bathroom. I changed into a light short top and pink pajamas. I packed my hair into my hairnet and cleaned my face with my facial wipes. I was always careful of sleeping with my makeup on.

‘It’s not advisable’ so they say.

I moved the dresses on my bed and hung them on my plastic chair. I laid on my bed and thought of how the following night would be.

‘How will I face him, what will we talk about, what, what and what questions kept finding their ways into my heart. I shoved aside the unanswered questions and heaved a sigh. I turned on my side and slowly closed my eyes. My brain was muddled with sleep.

The alarm rang through into my brains, I cursed within and managed to stand up. I stretched my hands and rubbed my eyes. It was cold.

I switched off the annoying alarm. It was just 6:00am. I parted the window blinds to see an empty street.

‘Typical Ilorin city’ I muttered. It was unlike Lagos whereby at 6:00am, hundreds of heads would troop in and out of the street in search of what to eat and how to make ends meet. Those ‘psycho’ drivers would already be blaring their horn like their lives depended on it; petty traders would already be out arranging their stocks and calling on anyone who cared to listen to patronize them.

‘Crazy Lagos, the city of madness’ I laughed.

In no time, I was already set to go to the PS(Permanent site) campus. I got to school around 7:52am. My first lecture was to start by 8:00am so I wasn’t late. I got to the lecture hall and settled down. Some students were already in class. Some gisting, some buried into their books reading and some just freestyling.

I shivered as the effect of the morning cold blew in greatly. I rubbed my knuckles gently as if that would chase away the cold. My body numbed with cold. I just rolled my eyes and kept looking like a red raccoon.

Suddenly,heavy torrents of rain poured out from the already dark clouds. I shrieked as I wrapped my body with my arms and shivered. Then, my mind went to the date again. No doubt I was anxious like a teenage girl going on a date with her new boyfriend.

Seriously?

I gestured to my shimmering dark skin and beautiful rippling emerald chiffon dress that flowed to my legs and left my shoulders bare. The light gold coloured fabric was smooth under my fingers; it felt like pure silk against my skin, giving me an hourglass shape. My breasts were pushed up against each other, making them look a little fuller than usual. I showed no cleavage though but I looked elegant. I wouldn’t want ‘an arrogant redhead’ to look down on me by wearing something too plain and simple.

Sometimes, you’ve got to look classy even if you are not. I mean, show some class and earn some respect. You would almost jump out of your skin with glee when you’ve got those feelings of all eyes being on you.

My make up added a pleasant touch to the ensemble. I concealed my nose and most importantly, my lips so they looked medium sized and finely shaped. My clutch was caramel like and very beautiful. My hair was extremely curled neatly to the side. I felt pretty and whatnot.

I gave myself one last look at the mirror and I knew I was good to go to one of the best hotels in the city of Ilorin.

The wind caressed my hair as I made my way inside the restaurant of the hotel. I could tell I felt like slipping and falling as eyes turned to look at the person who had those shoes clicking against the tiled floor. I breathed in three times and just continued taking tentative steps to nowhere in particular. I nearly choked as I struggled to keep balance so as not to wobble down and earn myself a public disgrace.

‘That crazy nervousness you get on first dates’ I uttered indistinctly with a low voice.

And then, I saw him already sitting down and ordering his meal. The waitress left and he looked up and then I asked myself for the umpteenth time if I was actually ready.
‘Moh, It’s never too late to make a u turn and flee’ said a velvet thought under my breathe as I caught his gaze. His glittering eyes swept down my physique. His lips curled upwards, flashing his teeth in a smile.

‘Is this the same mean Krishi guy?’ I asked myself as I eventually got to the seat, facing that same Krishi. His face was mouth watering; he had a perfect chiseled shaped jaw that made me drool at that spot, his Adam’s apple bobbed up seductively as he gulped. He was staring at me with dark predatory eyes.

Humour etched into his expression, his eyebrows rose as he offered me a seat. He ordered for one more glass of wine.
‘Why hadn’t he order for two? Dint he know I was coming?’ I muttered silently as I drilled into his eyes and drinking his aromatic cologne.

‘Hey, am glad you made it’ He finally said, raising his brows which were elegantly arched.

‘Yeah’

‘Am really sorry for the other day, I didn’t mean to be rude, I was just pissed at my mother for…’ His minty breathes brushed past my cheekbones, fanning them lightly. There was something deliciously canal about him. A shuddered breathe escaped my lips and I managed to speak.

‘You don’t have to explain for the second time, it’s cool’
‘And happy birthday in arrears’ I said and smiled at the handsome young man before me. He was very cute with well groomed hair, beards and moustache. He had lovely set of teeth and a great height. He looked amazing and was capable of sweeping every lady off her feet. Just that, he was mannerless, rude and arrogant.

What a waste!

‘Thank you.’

‘So, what would you like to have?’ He asked. His voice was a legion of sinister voices.

A chuckle rasped past my lips when I remembered my vow not to get married. I was just drooling over for nothing, I knew it.

‘Just a bowl of salad’ I said as I gulped nervously my glass of wine.

‘Salad?’ he asked, raising an eyebrow.

‘Yeah, salad’

‘I love salads too, infact, that’s my favourite’

‘Wow, that means we share the same favourite’ I smiled and he smiled back. Then I smiled again and it was returned with a wink.

We talked from food to family to business to life generally. We talked almost about everything. I just didn’t tell him I had lost my mom. I also noticed he didn’t ask me about my relationship life neither did he talk about his. I was glad he also didn’t ask about my religion or church palava. I just listened to him talk while I pouted my lips and crossed my arms, offering some statements and cracking a few jokes where necessary. He was actually the chatty type.

He was a banker. Working at First bank in Ilorin. He had been working at Ibadan but was moved by his branch to come head a department in the bank’s branch in Ilorin. I was surprised when I got to know he didn’t live with his parents. Well, It was expected, what grown man at twenty-six would live with his parent.

‘You are very beautiful Moh right?’

I nodded and popped my lips.

‘I love the smokey eye effect you have going on there. It makes your eyes pop out, it looks kind of natural and erotic. Well, if that makes any sense’ He smiled lopsidedly, clasping his hands together in a way that seemed funny and made me laugh.

I was enjoying the date. It was a mixture of nerves and excitement.

‘So how old are you? You know my age already and I don’t know yours, that’s not fair’ He said in a manner that could draw pity and he sure earned gales of laughter from me.

I was about answering the question when a sharp pain pierced my heart.

That only meant a simple thing and that was something I was allergic to as an asthmatic patient.

*To be continued tomorrow.*

4 Likes

Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
Mohbaby com continue dis thing na.

I have just updated. see ya tomoro, dont forget to comment as usual o..
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
Heemah DandyPearl Bellovers Sageez Afz9095 Ysadiq DVMtuppence Calmdove Domido Maggielovely Rukkydelta Damyem Mutdam Olaxtra Daslad M003 Ernie98 Kingphillip Youngseraph Emerald18 Jhybho Fiyah Chinwezdasilva Jsharp Adajiboyy Ideatoprince18 Deesquare01 Nidaxj Snowangel Gbens2000 Spdazzy Mattkent Dimssy Hefelove Iyoha240 girlhaley sunnysmile80 vikono ortz washine chameleon FatimaAbu Donkross1

1 Like

Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by justifiedcoyy(m): 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hmmmmm m getting interesting .. I pity d gala boy sha grin his best friend actually ..cheesy
Mohbaby:

I have just updated. see ya tomoro, dont forget to comment as usual o..
make sure u update tomoro. I am loving dis "true life story" smiley
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by dexzzy(f): 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
I yaff come
and I am loving your story
thanks for d update
*winks*
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by heemah(f): 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
This is nice... Keep it coming Ma'am
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2016
[quote author=dexzzy post=50739365]I yaff come
and I am loving your story
thanks for d update
*winks*
I am happy to have u here with me ma..
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2016
heemah:
This is nice... Keep it coming Ma'am
am glad I mentioned u and u came.. u are welcome ma

1 Like

Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
Wow! Nice one that keeps me yearning for more
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 04, 2016
Maggielovely:
Wow! Nice one that keeps me yearning for more

Awwwn, u are welcome ma
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by akinkudin: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2016
Cool..keep it coming
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by girlhaley(f): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
Wow

This is super interesting......

Thanks for d call ma'am.....more data to ur phone

Waiting impatiently forvd next update
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by girlhaley(f): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
Wow

This is super interesting......

Thanks for d mention ma'am.....more data to ur phone

Waiting impatiently forvd next update
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by BOLTZMANN1(m): 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
Just like we do ourselves more harm following stories on Nairaland,,, when there's no comment,, they post lot of the story... But when we start enjoying it... There'll be no continuation,,, not condemning your write up but please make them available for us to reads. Thanks... Good work!!!
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by justifiedcoyy(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
mohbaby sad
Re: Red Night (true Life Story) by SPDAZZY(f): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mohbaby:
Heemah
DandyPearl
Bellovers
Sageez
Afz9095
Ysadiq
DVMtuppence
Calmdove
Domido
Maggielovely
Rukkydelta
Damyem
Mutdam
Olaxtra
Daslad
M003
Ernie98
Kingphillip
Youngseraph
Emerald18
Jhybho
Fiyah
Chinwezdasilva
Jsharp
Adajiboyy
Ideatoprince18
Deesquare01
Nidaxj
Snowangel
Gbens2000
Spdazzy
Mattkent
Dimssy
Hefelove
Iyoha240
girlhaley
sunnysmile80
vikono
ortz
washine
chameleon
FatimaAbu
Donkross1

Présent

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List / A New Year Logical Question! Logical Answers Pls! / Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.