Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore (18760 Views)

My Wife Says She Is Not Sexually Attracted To Me / My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / "My Husband Can’t Go 3 Rounds Anymore" - Nigerian Lady Complains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
ItsQuinn:
All what you said is still an option you know smiley
Yeah!, it's an option but when you're married you don't just see Divorce as a way out of your problems, you surmount them for love, and kids if you have any. Cheating on one's spouse is a heartless thing to do.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
It doesn't matter whether I'm married or not....I don't give a fvck if/when my partner cheat on me undecided
blackmann:

You don't care if your "husband" cheats on you? What alternate universe do you live in? It's pretty obvious you're not married.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by blackmann(m): 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
herbie27:
Yeah!, it's an option but when you're married you don't just see Divorce as a way out of your problems, you surmount them for love, and kids if you have any. Cheating on once spouse is a heartless thing to do.

In this case, i don't see divorce as an option. So he divorces the wife, does it change the fact that money's an issue? Does it make him have a better job? Does divorce bring food to the table? It is just a tough phase every young family goes through, and with dedication, hard work, and prayers, he'll make it through. Live and luxury are not ready made. They are things that need to be earned. Blessed is a man who struggles to bring food, clothing, and shelter to his wife and kids, even if he goes hungry and shirtless himself. I know of someone who drives UBER so he can supplement what he earns so his family can live comfortably. Op should just tough it out. When the cash starts to flow he'll appreciate his hard work more and he and his wife would look at these times and laugh.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by 9japride(m): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
Marriage is for better for worst. After u have rumpled her u now want to leave her for who? It's lie u most continue . Life is all about sacrifice, try advice her to register for a gym and she should improve on her clothing and appearance. U might not know that other men might b eyeing ur wife self.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
blackmann:

In this case, i don't see divorce as an option. So he divorces the wife, does it change the fact that money's an issue? Does it make him have a better job? Does divorce bring food to the table? It is just a tough phase every young family goes through, and with dedication, hard work, and prayers, he'll make it through. Live and luxury are not ready made. They are things that need to be earned. Blessed is a man who struggles to bring food, clothing, and shelter to his wife and kids, even if he goes hungry and shirtless himself. I know of someone who drives UBER so he can supplement what he earns so his family can live comfortably. Op should just tough it out. When the cash starts to flow he'll appreciate his hard work more and he and his wife would look at these times and laugh.
cheesy Crazyquinn said it's just an opinion, lets leave her to it as i'm sure op is not thinking of cheating on the wife or divorcing her.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
herbie27:
cheesy Crazyquinn said it's just an opinion, lets leave her to it as i'm sure op is not thinking of cheating on the wife or divorcing her.

Yeah, an opinion that stinks to the high heavens - run at the slightest hint of struggle. And we all wonder why the rate of broken families these days is so high. Just as blackmann asked, will divorce solve the issue?
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by sisisioge: 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Omg! I pray plenty money into your household! Once finance is not an issue,maybe the two of you can find each other again. The issue is definitely aggravated by stress and finance. It is well.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
metalgear:

Yeah, an opinion that stinks to the high heavens - run at the slightest hint of struggle. And we all wonder why the rate of broken families these days is so high. Just as blackmann asked, will divorce solve the issue?
I know it won't, and her advice sucks thou...guess she gave what she had to offer.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Miradamian: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
No money,no peace.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by LastProphet: 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

@bold
grin grin grin
@red
My sincere sympathy.
thanks u are appreciated

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Familyfirst: 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
kunleajaye:
Next week will be the fifth year anniversary of the day my wife and I tied the knot. It hasn’t really been smooth sailing and many people feel marriage is all about a fairy tale, a handsome hunk sweeping the fair damsel off her feet and riding off into the sunset to live “happily ever after”. From my experience, marriage is anything but.

A year after our wedding, my wife lost her mother on that ill-fated Dana plane crash. She was barely into her first month of pregnancy and she almost lost the baby. God knows how much we all tried to hold things together for her and her younger ones as she automatically became the mother figure to her younger ones. A few months later, into her 8th month of pregnancy, we both left the shores of Nigeria to the US as I had accepted an admission for graduate studies.

Fast forward to today, we have three lovely kids, a girl (the first) and two twin boys. Unfortunately for me though, I seem to have lost some of the affection I had in the past for my wife. In clearer terms, I fear I don’t find my wife attractive anymore.

As I mentioned earlier, things aren’t as smooth as one would expect. We all know, especially those who live here in the States, that working as an International student is hard. You can hardly find companies that want to hire foreigners, especially in the IT field I’m in. I sometimes wonder how I would pay for rent, utilities, daycare, and even food at the beginning of each month. Rent alone takes away all my meager salary. My wife first of all started out by purchasing and sending baby clothes and other stuff home to Nigeria, but with the “receive today, pay tomorrow” attitude of people at home, coupled with the whole decline of the naira, the business has literally been ruined with so many bills to pay. Luckily she also started school on a tuition-only scholarship, so we have to take the kids to the day-care almost everyday, which is an additional strain to the meager pay I receive.

I don’t want to assume it is my feelings for her reducing, but these days I almost always catch myself staring at her in forlorn. I don’t see the beautiful girl I married during the first few years of my marriage. I want to assume it is the stress of all this, coupled with my school work, but these days any little thing she does annoys me. She doesn’t help matters either and sometimes we shout at each other or argue over the most trivial of things. For the past couple of months we’ve not slept in the same room. She prefers to sleep with our daughter while I sleep with the boys in the other room. Anytime I want us to be together, she’ll complain that the kids are too young to sleep alone. I accepted that argument when we first had the boys but they are almost three now. I sometimes have to carry them to their room so that she will “agree” to stay with me, and that is sometimes with great reluctance.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love my wife. I just fear I don’t find her attractive anymore. The other night she told me our sex life has really dwindled and I out rightly told her it was her fault. She said she knows and she’ll try being better but till date I’ve not seen any improvement. She’ll complain of being tired or a headache anytime I want to initiate anything, only to plead with me the following morning. There was a day she just lay there like a log of wood, indirectly telling me to do what I want to do and be done with it. I got so angry that I didn’t know when I started yelling on her. She didn’t even respond and turned to face the wall. I left her alone in bed and slept on the couch that night.

I want to believe it’s the stress of work, school, and the many thoughts going through our minds that is causing all this, but I don’t want to wake up one day and realize I don’t love my wife anymore. I don't want a situation where all this will split our family apart and suffer the little ones. cry
create time to take your wife out,go on vacation with her,you will need to revive the love you quench with your inactivity and busyness,it is not devil that hurts your family life,romance and sex life but you. Do something before those that value your wife begin to sleep with her. I will advise you to visit www.familyparliament.com for more wisdom to handle family life.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by misspicy(f): 3:14am On Oct 19, 2016
herbie27:
I know it won't, and her advice sucks thou... guess she gave what she had to offer.
From her underdeveloped brain,reading comments from that moniker makes me think we have a mad woman roaming the streets of Nairaland.

Some opinions are just not fit for public consumption itQuinn..
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by cococandy(f): 3:59am On Oct 19, 2016
blackmann:

Have you ever taken out some time to wonder if the said story wasn't what happened at that particular moment? Because OP posted it in 2013 doesn't mean it happened in 2013. i remember that story very well and i know OP was narrating it then "after the fact". I may be wrong but i surely don't doubt this story to be false.

He said as at 2013 he was still planning to get married in June of that year before all that stuff happened.

OP your story is not straight. Come and clarify

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by enoqueen: 5:36am On Oct 19, 2016
It happens op.

Why not see a marriage counselor.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 19, 2016
blackmann:

Have you ever taken out some time to wonder if the said story wasn't what happened at that particular moment? Because OP posted it in 2013 doesn't mean it happened in 2013. i remember that story very well and i know OP was narrating it then "after the fact". I may be wrong but i surely don't doubt this story to be false.
He asked a question in that post "should he take her back"

Meaning he hasn't decided yet. Meaning it was still on going at that point.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2016
misspicy:

From her underdeveloped brain,reading comments from that moniker makes me think we have a mad woman roaming the streets of Nairaland.

Some opinions are just not fit for public consumption itQuinn..
You need not insult her thou!.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Kulas: 10:31am On Oct 19, 2016
The cause of everything is nelther you nor your wife but poverty because things were not as it supposed to be and physchological both of you won't have a relaxed mind in a situation like this,not even enough money to take good care of herself and bring out her beauty and se.x will be d least thing to come to mind.If money is flowing and everything is ok,naturally the woman will be the one that feels Hot all d time and will be the one disturbing you to climb her on bed because she is happy n relaxed.Same applies to all women.So my brother,its all about money and having enough.Quote me,if things improve tomorrow and you are swimming in money or millionaire or billionaire,you will see your real wife-beauty,high sex demanding,good character,no more quarrel or exchange of words,love will set in etc..Let nobody deceive you,truly money brings happiness and love which inturn are products of peace.There is nothing like whether money or no money as far as there is love,that's a deceitful statement.Just take it easy ,things will be ok and may God see you through.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by addictiv(m): 10:41am On Oct 19, 2016
Kulas:
The cause of everything is nelther you nor your wife but poverty because things were not as it supposed to be and physchological both of you won't have a relaxed mind in a situation like this,not even enough money to take good care of herself and bring out her beauty and se.x will be d least thing to come to mind.If money is flowing and everything is ok,naturally the woman will be the one that feels Hot all d time and will be the one disturbing you to climb her on bed because she is happy n relaxed.Same applies to all women.So my brother,its all about money and having enough.Quote me,if things improve tomorrow and you are swimming in money or millionaire or billionaire,you will see your real wife-beauty,high sex demanding,good character,no more quarrel or exchange of words,love will set in etc..Let nobody deceive you,truly money brings happiness and love which inturn are products of peace.There is nothing like whether money or no money as far as there is love,that's a deceitful statement.Just take it easy ,things will be ok and may God see you through.
U have said it all....money can't buy happiness but it can buy a Rolls Royce which is the same thing.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 19, 2016
Kulas:

I agree completely . . . . cheesy cheesy

But I bet if a woman said this they will tag her a 'Gold-digger' . . . . Guys just don't want to face facts. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Mimzyy(f): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2016
Ujoan:
Nah wah ooh, I really need to learn people's history before 'advising'

https://www.nairaland.com/1230609/should-take-back#14830107

Poster, this your post happened in 2013 abi? How then have you been married for 5 years

I went through the previous thread via the link you posted and something struck me. What if the Op never really forgave his wife and he only accepted her back due to pressures from all angles?

Now that they have children and they have responsibilities to take care of left, right and center, it's beginning to take it's toll on their marriage.
From his story, the little i was able to deduce is that they had a very beautiful relationship, events unfolded, they broke up, made up again and things were never the same again. They have probably been trying to patch things up all these while to no avail.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear OP (kunleajaye), here is my opinion. You are already in this, God has blessed you and your wife with three wonderful children. Do everything you can to reignite the spark in your marriage. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Opting out might seem like a huge relief but believe me, it is only a temporary relief. Your wife has agreed that she has her fair share of the blame which is a good one. Yorubas will say that "The day a mad man realizes that he is unclothed is the day his sanity will be restored".

It is not easy taking care of just one child not to talk of three adorable children. You both are trying very hard to make ends meet and now is not the time to give up. Be realistic with yourself, pick a pen and a paper, pen a list of everything you think your wife is doing wrong. Have heart to heart discussion with her when the children are in bed. TALK WITH HER, NOT AT HER . Ask her if there is anything she feels that you are also doing wrong and ways that she feels you can make things better.

This is your marriage, your life, no other woman will ever shower the kind of love and affection that your wife is giving to your children so please erase the thoughts of divorce (if you have it already). Above all, PRAY and ask God to lead you aright. It is well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Richy4(m): 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
[b]It is called stress man.... U are stressed out based on the fact that you were not financially balanced..... U have kids to train, you have bills to pay..., And sometimes u were expected to send money home.... all this were on you......It could be frustrating..you were thinking like a dad at the same time as a husband and that is taking it's toll on you...

I suggest u have a cool off period.... And think about what u saw before that made u marry her...what attracted you to her in the first place....
I guess every experienced fellow will tell you that the solution to this issue you were having is a good job.... when you finished your education, and your wife starts earning too, your will have your wife back....Please hang in there man things will improve for the better and you will have your family back...You are now a man... You have to look beyond physical attraction...I believe that If she was taking some pills behind your back to prevent herself from getting pregnant, just to maintain her figure for you, I guess u would have thrown her out of the apartment building.....childbirth does alot of things to ladies sir....I suggest u put that into consideration too while having your cool off period thinking........[/b]

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by 5minsmadness: 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
kunleajaye:
Next week will be the fifth year anniversary of the day my wife and I tied the knot. It hasn’t really been smooth sailing and many people feel marriage is all about a fairy tale, a handsome hunk sweeping the fair damsel off her feet and riding off into the sunset to live “happily ever after”. From my experience, marriage is anything but.

A year after our wedding, my wife lost her mother on that ill-fated Dana plane crash. She was barely into her first month of pregnancy and she almost lost the baby. God knows how much we all tried to hold things together for her and her younger ones as she automatically became the mother figure to her younger ones. A few months later, into her 8th month of pregnancy, we both left the shores of Nigeria to the US as I had accepted an admission for graduate studies.

Fast forward to today, we have three lovely kids, a girl (the first) and two twin boys. Unfortunately for me though, I seem to have lost some of the affection I had in the past for my wife. In clearer terms, I fear I don’t find my wife attractive anymore.

As I mentioned earlier, things aren’t as smooth as one would expect. We all know, especially those who live here in the States, that working as an International student is hard. You can hardly find companies that want to hire foreigners, especially in the IT field I’m in. I sometimes wonder how I would pay for rent, utilities, daycare, and even food at the beginning of each month. Rent alone takes away all my meager salary. My wife first of all started out by purchasing and sending baby clothes and other stuff home to Nigeria, but with the “receive today, pay tomorrow” attitude of people at home, coupled with the whole decline of the naira, the business has literally been ruined with so many bills to pay. Luckily she also started school on a tuition-only scholarship, so we have to take the kids to the day-care almost everyday, which is an additional strain to the meager pay I receive.

I don’t want to assume it is my feelings for her reducing, but these days I almost always catch myself staring at her in forlorn. I don’t see the beautiful girl I married during the first few years of my marriage. I want to assume it is the stress of all this, coupled with my school work, but these days any little thing she does annoys me. She doesn’t help matters either and sometimes we shout at each other or argue over the most trivial of things. For the past couple of months we’ve not slept in the same room. She prefers to sleep with our daughter while I sleep with the boys in the other room. Anytime I want us to be together, she’ll complain that the kids are too young to sleep alone. I accepted that argument when we first had the boys but they are almost three now. I sometimes have to carry them to their room so that she will “agree” to stay with me, and that is sometimes with great reluctance.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love my wife. I just fear I don’t find her attractive anymore. The other night she told me our sex life has really dwindled and I out rightly told her it was her fault. She said she knows and she’ll try being better but till date I’ve not seen any improvement. She’ll complain of being tired or a headache anytime I want to initiate anything, only to plead with me the following morning. There was a day she just lay there like a log of wood, indirectly telling me to do what I want to do and be done with it. I got so angry that I didn’t know when I started yelling on her. She didn’t even respond and turned to face the wall. I left her alone in bed and slept on the couch that night.

I want to believe it’s the stress of work, school, and the many thoughts going through our minds that is causing all this, but I don’t want to wake up one day and realize I don’t love my wife anymore. I don't want a situation where all this will split our family apart and suffer the little ones. cry

Its the stress. Its telling on both of u.

Have u considered taking time off? Both of you going ona short vacation, maybe for like a week? A weekend may not be enough as you will both most likely spend it sleeping or catching up on other stuff? Anyone you can keep the kids with for that length of time?

Hang in there. You havent said anything extraordinary that other guys dont go through in marriage, wether home or abroad. It gets better if you can be patient and pull through this rough patch.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Mimzyy(f): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
5minsmadness:

Have u considered taking time off? Both of you going ona short vacation, maybe for like a week? A weekend may not be enough as you will both most likely spend it sleeping or catching up on other stuff? Anyone you can keep the kids with for that length of time?

Hang in there. You havent said anything extraordinary that other guys dont go through in marriage, wether home or abroad. It gets better if you can be patient and pull through this rough patch.

They are trying so hard to make ends meet, i am not sure they can actually afford to stay off from their respective jobs for a week (i stand to be corrected). To cut cost, they can probably try to reignite the spark right there in the comfort of their home, one or two candles here and there and they have a perfect romantic dinner date smiley. It is well. I am sure it's just a phase, they will pull through.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
kunleajaye:

I want to assume that you did not have any long term plans for your family.If you did,you wouldnt have had 3 children.I am not going to sugar coat it.Man you screwed yourself basically.Children need money to take care of them but not raise them.You cant raise your kids right under tese conditions.Now you impreganated the poor woman and now all of a suddden you are no more attracted to her.You are not a serious man.She practically must have slaved to raise your kids while you go to school and work.I am even surprised that and educated man like yourself says things such as this.Solution is first get yourself a better paying job.The internet is a bottomless pit of information.You are in IT,use it to your own benefit.The guy that built Hopstop does not have two heads.Second option is you return to Nigeria and look for a job or you get a job witha donor agency that will bring you to Nigeria.They are recruiting.Wake up man and smell the bloody coffee.You live ina world dominated by ideas now.If you sit and moan you kill yourself and your family and will remain in mediocrity.I am not going to tell you that God will do it or anything like that.The truth is what i have offered.Fortune favors the bold.Remember you have 3 kids.

If you cant love your wife now what makes you think you will love her when you have money?

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by 5minsmadness: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
Mimzyy:

They are trying so hard to make ends meet, i am not sure they can actually afford to stay off from their respective jobs for a week (i stand to be corrected). To cut cost, they can probably try to reignite the spark right there in the comfort of their home, one or two candles here and there and they have a perfect romantic dinner date smiley. It is well. I am sure it's just a phase, they will pull through.

Its a very common problem in marriages actually. Rough times, reduced libido in the female, the male get frustrated and starts to wonder if he wouldn't have made more progress if he was on his own etc. A lot of strain. The romantic dinner might not be so romantic with three kids running around and making noise up and down, maybe they can send them away for a night, like a sleepover.

Then i also read his other thread and am like 'hm'. Hope he married her from his heart/mind oh. Cos things might even get a little rougher before they get better and both partners will need a lot of resilience.

But @op if u persevere things will definitely improve. If u can't take a small holiday u can try the 15mins of stillness and calming of your mind that mindfulness advocates. It should help relax you and take the edge off your irritability. Maybe introduce it to your wife too to help her relax as well as she must be equally stressed having to take care of three kids.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by 5minsmadness: 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
Mimzyy:

I went through the previous thread via the link you posted and something struck me. What if the Op never really forgave his wife and he only accepted her back due to pressures from all angles?

Now that they have children and they have responsibilities to take care of left, right and center, it's beginning to take it's toll on their marriage.
From his story, the little i was able to deduce is that they had a very beautiful relationship, events unfolded, they broke up, made up again and things were never the same again. They have probably been trying to patch things up all these while to no avail.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear OP (kunleajaye), here is my opinion. You are already in this, God has blessed you and your wife with three wonderful children. Do everything you can to reignite the spark in your marriage. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Opting out might seem like a huge relief but believe me, it is only a temporary relief. Your wife has agreed that she has her fair share of the blame which is a good one. Yorubas will say that "The day a mad man realizes that he is unclothed is the day his sanity will be restored".

It is not easy taking care of just one child not to talk of three adorable children. You both are trying very hard to make ends meet and now is not the time to give up. Be realistic with yourself, pick a pen and a paper, pen a list of everything you think your wife is doing wrong. Have heart to heart discussion with her when the children are in bed. TALK WITH HER, NOT AT HER . Ask her if there is anything she feels that you are also doing wrong and ways that she feels you can make things better.

This is your marriage, your life, no other woman will ever shower the kind of love and affection that your wife is giving to your children so please erase the thoughts of divorce (if you have it already). Above all, PRAY and ask God to lead you aright. It is well

Eloquently and aptly put.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Mimzyy(f): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
5minsmadness:

Its a very common problem in marriages actually. Rough times, reduced libido in the female, the male get frustrated and starts to wonder if he wouldn't have made more progress if he was on his own etc.

I cannot help but agree with you at the emboldened. hmmm. All is well.

A lot of strain. The romantic dinner might not be so romantic with three kids running around and making noise up and down, maybe they can send them away for a night, like a sleepover.

Makes sense.

Then i also read his other thread and am like 'hm'. Hope he married her from his heart/mind oh. Cos things might even get a little rougher before they get better and both partners will need a lot of resilience.

I had this on my mind too when i read his previous thread. Let's just hope things work out well for them.

5minsmadness:
But @op if u persevere things will definitely improve. If u can't take a small holiday u can try the 15mins of stillness and calming of your mind that mindfulness advocates. It should help relax you and take the edge off your irritability. Maybe introduce it to your wife too to help her relax as well as she must be equally stressed having to take care of three kids.

Please i need you expatiate on that, i think i need it too. Thanks.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by AuroraB(f): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
5minsmadness:

Did you just suggest a vacation Okay lipsrsealed embarassed grin
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Teespice(f): 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
blackmann:

Ko ju bee naa lo(e no pass that). Running away from your problems instead of facing them and tackling them shows you you're not a man. Any good husband and father worth his salt and name will do anything to make ends meet for his family. Sleeping outside or divorce will only make the matter worse.

@itsQuinn, i doubt if you are married, but if you were, would you want your husband to cheat on you or divorce you just because things are quite rough? How would you feel if you were in the wife's shoes?

re your second paragraph.

that's the problem with people giving advice they cannot take when that time comes.

the internet is a beautiful place though.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Fabulousb36(f): 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
Op u are actually have 2 options It's either u start cheating on ur wife with younger ladies (like most married men I've met )or u try nd make ur marriage work. let me add dat wat u are experiencing is very normal and I'd suggest some ways u can make things better
1. Friday date night
Once every month u can take ur wife out on a date. Kip d kids with a family frnd or neighbor for just a few hrs. This wud help u feel less stressed and at least give ur wife something to look up to.
2. Private holidays
yearly u can take a vacation for a few days leave d kids with a family member. This will help her feel more relaxed nd burn some fat if she is actually looking ***
3. Do something nice for her
Every once in a while give her d "This is ur day treat". u do all her chores including cooking nd cleaning, then take her out later In day.
Bottom line is dat all u are seeing in ur wife now is a response to stress.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Mimzyy(f): 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Its usually very easy to proffer solution(s) when we are not the one in the situation.
Op, please you need to completely erase cheating on your wife or divorce from the options you have. If you cheat on her, yea, you might get away with it and your relationship with the other lady might even seem beautiful at first but trust me, it's not gonna last, you will end up spending extra money that you do not even have, and at the end of the day, when you eventually see that the grass ain't greener on the other side, you will end up hurting the other lady by dumping her.

Please, times are hard, people are really struggling, you are not in this alone. Just be steadfast and everything will fall into place.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
5minsmadness:

Its a very common problem in marriages actually. Rough times, reduced libido in the female, the male get frustrated and starts to wonder if he wouldn't have made more progress if he was on his own etc. A lot of strain. The romantic dinner might not be so romantic with three kids running around and making noise up and down, maybe they can send them away for a night, like a sleepover.

Exactly. smileysmiley

Everyone relax some more.

When you feel stressed out, that's the time to relax. It may seem counterproductive but it's when you need new energy the most.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.