Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,175 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Strange Tales From The Mortuary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strange Tales From The Mortuary (6646 Views)

"Dead Pastor, Anderson Chinenye, Back To Life At The Mortuary" - Facebook User / "Dead Pastor Wokoma David Resurrects After 48 Hours In Mortuary" - Facebook User / Lady Says She Woke Up On Her Way To The Mortuary After Being Declared Dead. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Ishilove: 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
I’ve always had a morbid fascination with this particular subject…

The proprietor of Emeka Mortuary, Okunmi Community, located at the suburbs of Ikom, Central senatorial district, Cross River State, Mr. Kalu Ben Chima, has revealed the spiritual combats morticians, go through with occultists and members of some secret societies before their corpses were embalmed in his mortuary.

The Arochukwu-born mortician, whose mortuary is located along Ikom-Calabar highway, confessed that dead bodies, especially those of occultists and members of secret societies “do give us trouble while being embalmed because their bodies have been ‘fortified’ by the devil or some spiritual forces.”

Power pass power “In such cases, we have to pet and persuade them by talking to them to allow the chemicals to penetrate their bodies, but if they remain stubborn,

We have to employ our own spiritual force and of course, power pass power and we can then embalm them,”
he disclosed.

According to him, he learned the trade in Onitsha General Hospital, Anambra state, and had come to know that some dead bodies were so “powerful” such that they do not allow others to lie close to them and he was always careful when attending to such bodies.

Some corpses don’t allow others to lie near them.

His words: “Some powerful people do not allow other dead bodies to lie close to them, so in the night, they will remove other bodies near them and dump them far from where they are or they would go to an isolated place and lie there – all dead bodies are not the same, which is why we knock before we enter there.”

Chima confirmed some creepy stories and described others as hearsay.

A few months after his mortuary was established, there was an unsubstantiated story about a man, whose car broke down close to the mortuary late in the night and he decided to seek for place to spend the night, and knocked on the door of a house he saw light burning close by.

A security guard reportedly came out and gave him a mat to sleep in a section of the room, only for him to wake up the next morning and discovered that he slept among corpses and he instantly passed out.

On the man who allegedly slept in the mortuary with corpses, Chima said it was not true and he does not keep security guards in the mortuary. Corpses still have spiritual powers.

His words:
“The corpses may be dead, but they still possess some spiritual powers to protect themselves. We have about 100 corpses right now and 18 abandoned ones, but we keep the place open, both day and night, without any security and anybody, who attempts to do anything funny by going there to steal or do anything has himself to blame”.

You can read the full article at http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/mortician-reveals-spiritual-combats.html

Some months back I met a man at my work space. We got talking and along the way he revealed he just buried his dad. Unbidden, he began recounting a bizarre conversation he had with a mortuary attendant.

According to him, the attendant says at night the dead hold conversations, talk about their lives when they still lived, even quarrel among themselves. Before entering the room where the corpses are kept, he and his colleagues have to knock first to announce their presence.

Like Mr Chima has stated above, when embalming, there are some particular corpses you have to 'pet'. My acquaintance repeated what the attendant told him of the 'petting ritual' in Yoruba.

He said: Ma bi nu o (don't be offended, please), you know I am just trying to take care of you so that you don't decay. I am not trying to desecrate you. Please cooperate with me so that you will be well preserved.

This petting doesn't always work, and that's where the 'power pass power' that Mr Chima mentioned comes in. The occultic ones are in usually the 'stubborn' category that have to be subdued.

According to him, several times the spirit of those whose families have abandoned them in the mortuary come to knock on his door to ask him to inform their families to hurry up in the burial arrangements because they are tired of this world. He gave an example of one highly placed polygamous man whose spirit came to knock every day because his famly could not settle on who would bear the bulk of the funeral expenses. When the spirit finally got tired of knocking, he said in Yoruba "I'm going to my house o. I am going to my house to tell them myself.'

The man further revealed that this attendant drinks heavily as a result of what he faces daily in the line of duty.

The guy told me so many things that I cannot put down here because I am tired of typing grin grin

But you know what...I believe him and Mr Chima as well.

Do you?

Let's discuss.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Tolexander: 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
Many things I also have heard from different people close to mortuary attendants and get me worrying if these people are really dead or what we read in the Bible is real concerning aftermath of living.

There was a time I was told a corpse refused being dressed up until the left toe was cut off cos it beared a ring on it.
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by daremiarchs(m): 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ghost stories are scary
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Basildvalour(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
The body dies but the soul lives on
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Alhajipablo(m): 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
Funny
When you are dead you are dead, dead bodies don't talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Ishilove: 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tolexander:
Many things I also have heard from different people close to mortuary attendants and get me worrying if these people are really dead or what we read in the Bible is real concerning aftermath of living.

There was a time I was told a corpse refused being dressed up until the left toe was cut off cos it beared a ring on it.
My dear, there are so many mysteries in this life

2 Likes

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Seun(m): 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pertinent Questions:
Could the mortuary attendant be schizophrenic? Schizophrenia makes people experience things that are not real.
Is he trying to discourage other people from going into the business by telling spooky stories?
Is he trying to justify the fees that the families of dead people have to pay by exaggerating the difficulty of his job?
Many people love to concoct and propagate false stories just to get attention. Could he be one of them?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by shumuel(m): 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear, there are so many mysteries in this life

Yeah you can say that again.

Well i never had any experience, all was more like tales and stories, but there was one that happened to me once, it was my elder sisters wedding and we were making preperations, anyways we the males couldn't sleep at home because the female relatives and family friends came to do the cooking for introduction first(it was a two weeks event) so we had to leave the house so the women could be free and have enough space to sleep.

Well on a bike to the hotel, a lady came out of the cemetery and stood by the road at around 11:45 or something, all i know it was almost mid-night,, on seeing her i spoke in mind and she smiled at me ''She was light skinned and beautiful'' so i complimented that and was worried how a lady would come out at that time, but on coming very close to her by the road i felt on ease my spiritual sense tick, that was when i knew something wasn't right, on getting to the hotel my elder brother pick on that a ghost was smiling at me, immediately the bike man heard him he jumped into the conversation, first by asking how he knew she was a ghost and that it was normal, he even said thats how they pick them every night and that they pay well too.

Creepy right ?

The cemetery is at siun in ogun state after Mowe or before getting to Owode, infact i remembered Amosun's office bill board opposite the grave.

1 Like

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Alhajipablo(m): 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
shumuel:

Yeah you say that again.

Well i never had any experience, all was more like tales and stories, but there was one that happened to me once, it was my elder sisters wedding and we were making preperations, anyways we the males couldn't sleep at home because the female relatives and family friends came to do the cooking for introduction first(it was a two weeks event) so we had to leave the house so the women could be free and have enough space to sleep.

Well on a bike to the hotel, a lady came out of the grave and stood by the road at around 11:45 or something, all i know it was almost mid-night,, on seeing her i spoke in mind and she smiled at me ''She was light skinned and beautiful'' so i complimented that and was worried how a lady would come out at that time, but on coming very close to her by the road i felt on ease my spiritual sense tick, that was when i knew something wasn't right, on getting to the hotel my elder brother pick on that a ghost was smiling at me, immediately the bike man heard him he jumped into the conversation, first by asking how he knew she was a ghost and that it was normal, he even said thats how they pick them every night and that they pay well too.

Creepy right ?

The grave is at siun in ogun state after Mowe or before getting to Owode, infact i remembered Amosun's office bill board opposite the grave.
Sorry sir
Do the Islamic religion or xtain religion acknowledge ghosts?
I just want to know
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Ishilove: 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
shumuel:

Yeah you say that again.

Well on a bike to the hotel, a lady came out of the grave and stood by the road at around 11:45 or something, all i know it was almost mid-night,, on seeing her i spoke in mind and she smiled at me ''She was light skinned and beautiful'' so i complimented that and was worried how a lady would come out at that time, but on coming very close to her by the road i felt on ease my spiritual sense tick, that was when i knew something wasn't right, on getting to the hotel my elder brother pick on that a ghost was smiling at me, immediately the bike man heard him he jumped into the conversation, first by asking how he knew she was a ghost and that it was normal, he even said thats how they pick them every night and that they pay well too.

Creepy right ?

The grave is at siun in ogun state after Mowe or before getting to Owode, infact i remembered Amosun's office bill board opposite the grave.
What do you mean by 'the lady came out of the grave'? Did she physically come out the grave () or did she come out from the cemetery?
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by shumuel(m): 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
Seun:
Pertinent Questions:
Could the mortuary attendant be schizophrenic? Schizophrenia makes people experience things that are not real.
Is he trying to discourage other people from going into the business by telling spooky stories?
Is he trying to justify the fees that the families of dead people have to pay by exaggerating the difficulty of his job?
Many people love to concoct and propagate false stories just to get attention. Could he be one of them?

Really ? Why is it that you don't believe anything especially if it has to do with the supernatural, this things exist if you don't believe go and step on the toes of benin people.

Kikiki Lol grin you would learn the hard if you do.

1 Like

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Ishilove: 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
Seun:
Pertinent Questions:
That would mean Mr Chima and every other mortuary attendant is schizophrenic

That would mean there's a grand conspiracy among morticians to keep people from the business.

The fees is justified because it is a very unpopular, not to mention unpalatable profession, even more unpalatable than night soil men (agbepo)

That would make Mr Chima and the numerous other morticians, including the one on this thread attention seekers.
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by shumuel(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ishilove:

What do you mean by 'the lady came out of the grave'? Did she physically come out the grave () or did she come out from the cemetery?

She came out from the cemetery, dressed like she was heading to a party.
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Ranchhoddas: 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ishilove:

Shebi na you dey find story? You go see story tire today.
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Ishilove: 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
shumuel:

She came out from the cemetery, dressed like she was heading to a party.
I guessed as much. I wonder how they come about the money they spend
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
shumuel:

Really ? Why is it that you don't believe anything especially if it has to do with the supernatural, this things exist if you don't believe go and step the toes of benin people.

Kikiki Lol grin you would learn the hard if you do.
where was the benin people when the white invaded their kingdom

1 Like

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by shumuel(m): 9:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
Alhajipablo:
Sorry sir
Do the Islamic religion or xtain religion acknowledge ghosts?
I just want to know

Well i don't know where you are heading with your question but.. I would speak base on the little knowledge of christianity i have, there are many part of the bible that acknowledge ghosts and spirits, GOD himself raised dried bones to life through a prophet, Jesus Christ himself resurrected and the bible stated that not only him was raised on that day, many that was dead also.

But what do i know sad
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Ishilove: 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Shebi na you dey find story? You go see story tire today.
grin
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
Seun:
Pertinent Questions:

Some atheists bring up schizophrenia anytime someone brings up paranomal experiences they have not heard of before . What are you afraid of ? That you are wrong and that the supernatural does exist ? Well most atheists agree to the existence of evil forces , spirits etc . So seun , do they have schizophrenia as well?

You could become a mortuary attendant to find out yourself .

4 Likes

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Alhajipablo(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
shumuel:

Well i don't know where you are heading with your question but.. I would speak base on the little knowledge of christianity i have, there are many part of the bible that acknowledge ghosts and spirits, GOD himself raised dried bones to life through a prophet, Jesus Christ himself resurrected and the bible stated that not only him was raised on that day, many that was dead also.

But what do i know sad
I mean the kind of ghost You saw at the cemetery
I think it's a kind evil spirit and not a ghost
There is nothing like a ghost
Once a man is dead He's dead
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
Alhajipablo:

undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided embarassed embarassed

grin

There is nothing like ghost but there is evil spirit . Abeg , tell us how you were able to discover evil spirits and was able to tell there are no ghosts

1 Like

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by shumuel(m): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ishilove:

I guessed as much. I wonder how they come about the money they spend

Well i don't know about that, but it has always been said the females engage into protitution sad

but base on logic, if you can appear and disappear, walk through the wall e.t.c where would be the first place you'll visit ? CBN right ?

Have also heard those ghost and spirits visits banks and take cash as they so wish, and yeah many bankers have also said money go amiss without a trace

3 Likes

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Alhajipablo(m): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided embarassed embarassed

grin

There is nothing like ghost but there is evil spirit . Abeg , tell us how you were able to discover evil spirits and was able to tell there are no ghosts
Sir. I do not believe in ghosts,because when you are dead you are dead but I believe there are evil spirits with the ability to take on any forms they wish;hence we see them taking the forms of d supposed dead peeps.
Two quick questions, can you provide a verse in d bible that describes this phenomenon of a man dying and coming back as a ghost?
Do you think you can appear as a ghost after you've grown old and died?
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
and you want we atheists to allow u guys perish in delusion and also infect the world with this ,superstitious sickness, now you see why we preach and fight all this rubbish, imagine me having a wife with so much nonsense like what the op is saying in her head it will be dangerous for my children
cc:ishilove (no offence)

1 Like

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by shumuel(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Alhajipablo:

She could be whatever, all i know is she was supernatural.
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
Alhajipablo:

Sir. I do not believe in ghosts,because when you are dead you are dead but I believe there are evil spirits with the ability to take on any forms they wish;hence we see them taking the forms of d supposed dead peeps.
Two quick questions, can you provide a verse in d bible that describes this phenomenon of a man dying and coming back as a ghost?
Do you think you can appear as a ghost after you've grown old and died?

Bro , you made interesting points . Can you continue this discussion here pls - https://www.nairaland.com/3320685/atheists-believe-reincarnation-spirits-voodoo
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
stephenmorris:
and you want we atheists to allow u guys perish in delusion and also infect the world with this ,superstitious sickness, now you see why we preach and fight all this rubbish, imagine me having a wife with so much nonsense like what the op is saying in her head it will be dangerous for my children
cc:ishilove (no offence)

Atheist , pantheist ... which one you be ?

cc : 4kings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheist , pantheist ... which one you be ?

cc : 4kings
im an atheist in the sense I don't believe in a personal god but pantheistic that we are humans and everything are the universe therefore every thing is god and we cannot pray to things

2 Likes

Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by shumuel(m): 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
kingcity:
where was the benin people when the white invaded their kingdom

First of all, the whites also have their own powers and supernaturals, its what they convert to technology and sells to us, its the tool they are using to kill ours through Atheistism.

Now, if the whites didn't succeed in invading the benins, civiliastion wouldn't had be that quick in Nigeria, so the supernaturals knows this, why the power failed, then again ''Power pass Power'' grin
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
stephenmorris:
im an atheist in the sense I don't believe in a personal god but pantheistic that we are humans and everything are the universe therefore every thing is god and we cannot pray to things

Mister , deists don't believe in a personal God and one can't pray to Him .

Don't forget https://www.nairaland.com/3402116/lets-talk-pantheism-shall
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
shumuel:

First of all, the whites also have their own powers and supernaturals, its what they convert to technology and sells to us, its the tool they are using to kill ours through Atheistism.

Now, if the whites didn't succeed in invading the benins, civiliastion wouldn't had be that quick in Nigeria, so the supernaturals knows this, why the power failed, then again ''Power pass Power'' grin
how did you get to know about the supernatural power of the white??

Two, why have we not be able to convert our supernatural power to technology too??
Re: Strange Tales From The Mortuary by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
shumuel:

someone wrote--
note-this is someone's perspective and not neccesary mine,receive sense as you read
The insertion of the “virus” of Christianity and Islam into our independent populations was simply to soften up the populations and make them more pliable for colonial interests. Both religions incidentally place an inordinate amount of emphasis on subjection, humility and meekness. This was in stark contrast to our native spirituality, which encouraged introspection, meditation, expression, personal growth and independence. In whose interest was it for our native beliefs and spirituality to be exterminated and replaced with ideologies of enforced submission from the Middle
East? How did most of us end up with the religions we adhere to? What religion does the average woman from Enugu adhere to, and what religion does the average man from Katsina adhere to? Why is that? The unpalatable truth that most Nigerians do not want to hear about their religion is that the religions we adhere to are first and foremost a reflection of our upbringing, which is why the lady from Enugu will likely be Catholic while the bloke from Katsina will almost certainly be Sunni Muslim. There is really nothing special or mystical about one of the most basic processes of human socialization. The way and extent to which we take our beliefs seriously more often than not, is a reflection of our personal experiences and ideology. To put it in plain English, you have the religion you have because your parents gave it to you, and you practice it the way you do because you are mirroring your own personality in it. It’s really that simple. ‘God’ has very little to do with the pastor asking you to hand 10% of your monthly earnings to him or the Imam telling you who to vote for in an election. They are both human beings like you with an agenda – every human being has an agenda, even you. The idea that “God loves everyone equally, but those from my religion just a bit more equally”, is the source of a lot of what we perceive as “corruption” in everyday Nigerian life. There are few safer hiding places for scoundrels than the church or mosque. There are people who have built their entire careers on religious favouritism and demagoguery, having done not a single day’s honest work in their lives. They have risen to the very top of Nigerian politics several times and they are still there. Their constituents do not question them, because to question them apparently would be to question God himself, and how dare anyone do that. So we have people who studied Christian Theology or Islamic Studies being smuggled into key positions ahead of distinctly more qualified people by dint of belonging to a religious group with a power base in that organisation. Some very mischievous people then take it a notch further and mix religious fanaticism with the ready tinderbox of our fake ethnic identities, so that certain regions and ethnicities with millions of people become aligned to certain religions. Thus, we start to have a “Muslim North”, “Christian Southeast”, “Christian Niger Delta” and a conflicted Southwest (which incidentally has a clandestine culture war going on as perceived liberal Christian values and conservative Islamic values vie for supremacy). And we all know how that ends. One huge brawl basically. These religions are not ours. They were imposed and forced on our ancestors often at gunpoint. The people who imposed them on us do not practice them the way we do. Certainly the average Algerian Muslim would look at his counterpart from Katsina and wonder why he cannot read and write. He would be shocked to find out that the society in Katsina finds it more important to give children Koranic education than the secular education that gives them a fighting chance at having a meaningful life. A British Christian would be mortified to learn that certain types of physical and sexual abuse, which are not sanctioned or implied anywhere in the Bible are now commonplace in Nigerian churches, which seem to have evolved their own peculiar brand of the Christian faith. To anyone with a holistic understanding of history, it is not that shocking because the circumstances under which the religion was introduced to the population determine how they practice it. If the religion was flogged into you and reinforced with trauma, you will practise it with a demented zeal and violence, and you will flog it into your children as well. They will in turn flog it into their children and...here we are a nation of overzealous, traumatised fanatics! So while Islam to a Kuwaiti Arab is merely a religious projection of his own indigenous culture, to a colonized Hausa man, it is a perfect and unattainable target, which he must spend his life trying to prove himself worthy of, and his kids dare not practise it with less zeal than him lest he flog them with the rage the Arabs flogged his ancestors with. Certain types of knowledge are passed down genetically after all. To European Christians, Christianity is little more than their cultural heritage, but to a colonized Yoruba man, it is something that was literally flogged into his ancestors, and he must practice it accordingly. Our experiences of the way the same religions are practiced in Africa and outside are vastly different!
When I was a student in England, I attended church services a few times and they were intimate, quiet, somewhat pleasant sessions where we had long chats about internal spirituality and global events. Prayer was viewed as something personal and private between yourself and God. In Nigeria, the few church services I have attended have been raucous, high profile, powerdressing, supercharged affairs where an inordinate amount of emphasis is placed on giving money and SCREEMING OWT TOO DEE LAWD ALMIGHTEE! So a Nigerian Christian will claim to practice the same religion as an old lady from Pontefract, but this is not the case in practice at all! The implication of rejecting ancestral knowledge to chase foreign chimeras is that there will always be a spiritual emptiness in the soul of the “believer” that they will try to fill with primitive accumulation. Nothing they have will ever be enough and they won’t know why. Nature abhors a vacuum. When you cannot have enough of anything and you are constantly looking for more, what will it lead to inevitably? The other implication is that in the absence of a genuine, non­hypocritical peace which colonial religions cannot give, the only way to live with oneself and justify what one deep down does not believe in, is to become a fanatic and a bigot. Nigeria is utterly flooded with bigots for this singular reason. You don’t need me to tell you why this is dangerous. To put it very bluntly, our insistence on clinging to the definition of the colonial religions that were flogged into us is one of the three biggest causes and helpers of corruption in Nigeria. So you want to “fight corruption”? Start from putting down that Bible and Quaran and taking up a social or economic cause instead.
note-this is someone perspective and not neccesary mine,receive sense as you read

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? / Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders / Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.