Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

On The Issue Of Mother-inlaws Staying With Their Sons/Daughters - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On The Issue Of Mother-inlaws Staying With Their Sons/Daughters (443 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On The Issue Of Mother-inlaws Staying With Their Sons/Daughters by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
I hear stories about mother in-laws insisting on staying permanently with their sons/daughters. Most times such requests are are not usually received with a smile by the son/daughter inlaw in question,but at the end they succumb to it.
Whose fault is it when a mother inlaw insists on staying permanently in her son/daughter's home?
(1) If she's the mother of the husband,then it's the fault of her son. Using myself as a case study.I have a mum who wouldn't mind me staying with her forever,yes she so pampers me. But a time comes when a man has to be a man and tell his mother that he's now married and his wife might not be comfortable as much as he wants her to be, due to her permanent presence in their home,yes the son has to speak his heart out but in a respectful manner. But then, I believe there only exist 2 reasons why a mother should stay permanently with her married son,and that reason centres on illness or boredom. If she's ill,she needs to be taken care of properly,and we all now boredom has a negative effect on people, it could lead to her dying on time.
(2) If the mother inlaw is the mother of the wife,then it is the duty of the daughter to tell her mother to abort such an idea,as the husband might not like the idea. But then,if she nurses a terminal illness,the wife has to find a way of appeasing her spouse,its all a matter of discretion and concession.

The one thing I will never agree to is allowing a mother or mother inlaw whose husband is still alive move in permanently to my house,i will never allow that!

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Mother-inlaws Staying With Their Sons/Daughters by harffie(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Melissa Benoit Survived Six Days Without Lungs / Uncontrollable Male Sex Drive Is A Myth / It's MOTHERS DAY This Sunday. Personalized E-card For Mum Or Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.