Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) (25477 Views)

I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Her Firm Increased Her Pay To Match That Of a New Job (Please Advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by ZionBee: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2016
Truth is after getting down with him, he could still lay you off, or treat u like trash and step on you - your dignity, respect, and all you stood for- gone! Not to talk about other costs and implications- don't forget - what goes up must surely come down. That job aint worth your body, soul, and all of that. Say No!!! Stand on it and if it gets to the point of walking away, please do, trust God and better deals will come your way. There is nothing God cannot do, afterall, the earth is His footstool

1 Like

Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2016
ConcNiggress56:
i am decent and hardworking. i don't wear provocative outfits although i stay classy. this my father's agemate has been on my neck for some time now just to go down with me. i keep telling him NO and all but he won't bulge a bit. he's got a wife and kids.. i don't wanna ruin his home neither do i want to put my own future in jeopardy by sleeping with him..

however, jobs are very scarce in this country and i don't wanna lose this 6-figure paying job cos he keeps threatening to lay me off if i don't do his bidding.. what do i do?? please advice!!

mods.. i will appreciate if you can push this to fp... i am so confused right now... i need people's opinion.

cc lalasticlala, seun

audio tape his blackmail and send it to the police he will arrested and if ur lucky u can have his office position
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by Dollyp101: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2016
In my own little way to advice you., get close to him talk to him like your Father.... in your work place call him Daddy out of the normal work environment I tell u he will a make a revise... or contact me dolapoagboola @yahoo. com
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by Divineroyalty(f): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2016
Put your trust in God. Don't abuse your boss. Ask for wisdom on how to deal with him. Pray for God's intervention and he will do it for you.
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by oshorstan(f): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2016
Go down on your knees & cry to God with fasting, sow seed to your prophet. God will follow up
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by Glomoni: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2016
Yomieluv:
I don't know what to say because in the long run,the man will sack you,if you didn't yield to his advances.

better start saving,and expect the worst..

except you can blackmail him too,by deliberately chatting dirty with him,or on phone, or record your conversation with him at the office,if he wants to sack you,threaten him to expose him to his wife, and public.

he won't sack you,but plan your exit too.

For ur dirty mind, u have advised someone.
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by Lamusga: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2016
This is what is called gender base violence at power level. I would advice you to search for assistance or advices from GBV professional personel. If i can have your mail will send you a contact or cantact related organisation. Thanks
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:23am On Oct 19, 2016
ConcNiggress56:

just carry your tecno t5wharever commot for here.. you think it is easy to be laid off a job and get another..

a girl's got needs.. and i am Ms independent. i dont want a man helping me in cash.. he's going to demand for kinds..

Na U buy d phone for am ni

i have no bf coz it is their free ticket to getting cheap sex.

Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by Familyfirst: 11:40am On Oct 19, 2016
ConcNiggress56:
i am decent and hardworking. i don't wear provocative outfits although i stay classy. this my father's agemate has been on my neck for some time now just to go down with me. i keep telling him NO and all but he won't bulge a bit. he's got a wife and kids.. i don't wanna ruin his home neither do i want to put my own future in jeopardy by sleeping with him..

however, jobs are very scarce in this country and i don't wanna lose this 6-figure paying job cos he keeps threatening to lay me off if i don't do his bidding.. what do i do?? please advice!!

mods.. i will appreciate if you can push this to fp... i am so confused right now... i need people's opinion.

cc lalasticlala, seun

stand your ground. If you give in to his advances you will still be sacked when he is done with you. Do your job and hope for the best,but keep your dignity as a woman,it is not his right to sleep with you he is just ben stupid,agbaya.
I read things like this often in www.familyparliament.com
Please post it there also for better answer
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by udlondy: 11:44am On Oct 19, 2016
soberdrunk:
Once a 'randy' boss sets his eyes on you its almost impossible for him to let go, its almost like a lion setting his eyes on a goat. Have no fear hun, i said "almost impossible" not "impossible", there are two things you can do------

1) Bring him a "better" sacrifice i.e bring him a runs girl that looks and has the same body structure like you, if he isnt a "super" randy man he will divert his attention to her but if he is already "addicted" to you then we move to No. 2

2) This No.2 is a bit extreme beacuse it requires some props and costuming and involves you getting partially 'naked'. Fear not!! You dont have to go all the way, firstly you need to get an artist to make you the 'weirdest' looking waist beads ever(jujulike) and get temporary werid looking tattoos and marks all around your body especially in areas that a man will notice first when he is with you alone e.g laps, waist clevage areas and invite him over to your house. When you guys are alone display the weird waist beads and make him see the marks and tattoos, if he still trys to touch break his head and start looking for another job because the man is the younger brother of Lucifer angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by lekonso: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
Are you a daft? Get an evidence by recording your conversation with him on a tape or any other recordable device carefully. An evidence he cannot deny. Then proceed to Lagos State Govt ofiice handling sexual harrasment and present the evidence before them. They will take it up for you. Alternatively contact Dr Joe Odumakin and report him or (Dr Obi Ezekwesili) pardon me if i don't get the name correct. Report him and let them take up the case for you. He will be the one begging you. He will eventually resign from that job that is if he is not the owner. Even if he is the owner don't allow him to sleep with you o. He cannot sack you even if he is the owner. And if he sacks you God will give you a better job than that, i can assure you that.
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by lekonso: 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2016
In addition let me tell you that Lagos State Govt takes the issue of sexual harrassment very serious now.
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by ConcNiggress56(f): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
lekonso:
In addition let me tell you that Lagos State Govt takes the issue of sexual harrassment very serious now.

really.. thanks dear..

how do i contact any personnel there??
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by ConcNiggress56(f): 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
Lamusga:
This is what is called gender base violence at power level. I would advice you to search for assistance or advices from GBV professional personel. If i can have your mail will send you a contact or cantact related organisation. Thanks

thanks sweet..

cant drop my mail to avoid spams.. kindly drop yours.. i'd contact you soon
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by LANREFORWA: 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
He may discard you after use to get new quest, be yourself and stay focus,report to superior if an protect your integrity if there is any, aid no dey show for face
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by koolJ1(f): 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
ConcNiggress56:

cc lalasticlala, seun

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this to you...

Tell him you're lesbian. That should be easy. You should have a hot female friend you can easily pass off as a girlfriend. Plus, you don't have a boyfriend so pulling this off should be easy.

He might come at you more but he'll be less forward cuz the thought of a girl enjoying that which he wants will drive him crazy. But as far as he knows, you're simply not attracted to men
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by okangisaiah(f): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
ConcNiggress56:

cc lalasticlala, seun

Very simple dear, I once had the same issue, my boss disturbed me constantly and someone gave me an idea which worked like magic.

One of this days, my boss confronted me in a tight corner and was sure of doing it. This is my magic:

Sir , you know I love you so much but I am being restricted by the covenant I made with my hussy to be. That we made blood COVENANT and swear that if I had s...x with him I will run mad while the man will die instantly. So I don't want him to die and live his family. The man was afraid and that was the end of my stress
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by Mariojane(f): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
my boss has been on my neck for over two years now. what i do most time is to play dumb. whenever he brings the issue up i try as polite and playful as possible to twist his words into other meanings. when he try explaining i will open the correspondence file on his table, bring out the memo he is yet to treat and when i see his attention is on it i will leave his office. it has been working for me. we are very close and i tell him what no one in the establishment can tell him cos i am his secretary and i understand him and his mood but i am far away from him as i am close to him. (if you understand what i mean) be close to him to be free to tell him anything.(you can do that when you understand his likes and dislikes and also his mood). if you understand all of these, you can boldly reject his advances when he is in a good mood and he won't take it personal.
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by sisisioge: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Sorry babes...go and look for another job. Geskia.

By the way, hope you know you can't reference the current job to a new employer? It is well ehhhn...u sef too fine nau. If to say you dey manage your face like the rest of the clan, issue might not be this serious. You are indeed like a tenant, if he sleeps with his landlords wife na him go leave the house, if landlord sleeps with his wife na him go still leave the house. grin
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by sisisioge: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
soberdrunk:
Once a 'randy' boss sets his eyes on you its almost impossible for him to let go, its almost like a lion setting his eyes on a goat. Have no fear hun, i said "almost impossible" not "impossible", there are two things you can do------

1) Bring him a "better" sacrifice i.e bring him a runs girl that looks and has the same body structure like you, if he isnt a "super" randy man he will divert his attention to her but if he is already "addicted" to you then we move to No. 2

This would only work if he wasn't an addict. I once tried this during NYSC. I didn't exactly give him any girl but I dazzled him with 4 of my friends. They were all beautiful. What I did was to invite them to lunch at work since their PPA wasn't far from mine...guy just got confused cos they made me look like an ugly Betty. Till my service ended, he was always either begging for their numbers or begging me to help organize girls for any occasion he had. In fact, guy still called me earlier this year to help him organize girls for his birthday party.
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by luuvee(m): 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
Fiction dats all I can say
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by InvertedHammer: 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
ConcNiggress56:

/
You have the 2 options. Either sleep with him or look for another job. Pick your choice. If people advise you to sleep with him, will you? If they advise you to get another job, can you? Sexual advances from bosses have only two solutions--yield or quit.
I already know that you will sleep with him. You have already used scarcity of jobs as an excuse. Goodluck!

\

1 Like

Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by KardinalZik(m): 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
I am sure it is the irresponsible attire you put on that attracts him. How do you dress half naked to office, and allow your boss to let you be?
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by ConcNiggress56(f): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
You have the 2 options. Either sleep with him or look for another job. Pick your choice. If people advise you to sleep with him, will you? If they advise you to get another job, can you? Sexual advances from bosses have only two solutions--yield or quit.
\

at least.. you are not the oracle.. your advice is good-hard to follow
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by InvertedHammer: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
ConcNiggress56:

at least.. you are not the oracle.. your advice is good-hard to follow
/
There is nothing hard about it.

It seems that you cannot handle the truth.

You have already started using scarcity of jobs as an excuse. I can say with some degree of certainty that you will eventually sleep with him.
\

1 Like

Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by alaskido(m): 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
soberdrunk:

2) This No.2 is a bit extreme beacuse it requires some props and costuming and involves you getting partially 'naked'. Fear not!! You dont have to go all the way, firstly you need to get an artist to make you the 'weirdest' looking waist beads ever(jujulike) and get temporary werid looking tattoos and marks all around your body especially in areas that a man will notice first when he is with you alone e.g laps, waist clevage areas and invite him over to your house. When you guys are alone display the weird waist beads and make him see the marks and tattoos, if he still trys to touch break his head and start looking for another job because the man is the younger brother of Lucifer angry angry

@Soberdrunk, this your advice get as e be o. grin grin grin cheesy
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by ConcNiggress56(f): 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
There is nothing hard about it.

It seems that you cannot handle the truth.

You have already started using scarcity of jobs as an excuse. I can say with some degree of certainty that you will eventually sleep with him.
\

go on.. enjoy your freedom of expression.. you are entitled to your opinion..

ndi ara
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by alaskido(m): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
rawpadgin:
convince 5 of ur male friends or brothers to give u a portrait of them

write R. I. P on each and every one of the picture

take the pictures to his office & tell him that everyone of those guys died after they had sex with you

then watch him give u ur space

Boy, you hit the nail on the head. Go for this advice girl. wink
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by alaskido(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
Yomieluv:
I don't know what to say because in the long run,the man will sack you,if you didn't yield to his advances.

better start saving,and expect the worst..

except you can blackmail him too,by deliberately chatting dirty with him,or on phone, or record your conversation with him at the office,if he wants to sack you,threaten him to expose him to his wife, and public.

he won't sack you,but plan your exit too.

A man thinking like a woman, huh
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by alaskido(m): 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
My sister, you are between the devil and the deep blue sea. My advice is for you to start looking for another job if you do not want to do it with him in the other room o.
Re: How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) by Goldenboy007(m): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
If you sleep with your boss because work is scarce, when petrol come scarce nko? Sleep with petrol attendants? Or landlord when house is scarce ? Or lecturer when you need marks? I bet prostitutes share this same reason with you. Abeg this ain't up for discussion, respect your dignity !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abj Law School Dress Code / (PHOTO) What A Man Can Do A Woman Can Also Do / Today, I Quit Gambling!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.