Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed (27697 Views)

Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Rolings: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
LordVarys:
Let the zombies attack Adichie now, probably the most respected Nigerian voice in Western intellectual circles. She's Igbo so I can forsee the insults from the bigots already.
Cc lalasticlala

Calling her the most respected Nigerian voice western intellectual circles is an insult to Nigeria intellectuals. Like most igbos she is still pained that the igbo annointed candidate in 2015 election lost so nothing will ever seem good in her eyes . She is fast fading in peoples memory and needs to seem relevant again that's why she is wailling. HAPPY WAILLING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by lieutenantHaven: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
Kosy79:
Hmmmmmm it's not surprising how Nigerians gave Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon for d closure of borders as a way to prevent SE from shipping weapons and how they begged for help from Britain just to defeat one tribe. I won't say that d only people that doesn't know how mighty and great Igbos are, are d myopic ones but Stupid and foolish of ur likes. Afonjas are destined to be slaves as long as Amala and Ewedu is served.

I am dissatisfied and disappointed dat u are joining issues with afonjas and awon oniranus. I dnt actually blame u...I blame obasanjo who allowed GSM to enter 9ja thereby making the descendants of oduduwa the chief coward and d brothers of awolowo d tribalist to hv access to keyboards where they can lay their leprosy infested, dirty, ritualistic fingers and type incoherences. They are perpetual slaves to the poverty stricken, leprosy infested, northern elements aka takakawas or alamajiris.
Awon oniranu, awon weyrey, awon ashiere. Awon ale jati jati brown roof retards and shackled and shambolic apparitions who cal demsefs Wa.sterners
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Kosy79:
Oga with something upstairs a.k.a Albert Einstein what are u still waiting for to get known or what is keeping u from inventing something new and amazing since u stand with buhari what are u still waiting for to speed and boost d economy or better still take Nigerians out of recession.

Go to the kitchen and prepare food for your husband or your husband kinsmen will come and chase you out...
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Kosy79(f): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Go to the kitchen and prepare food for your husband or your husband kinsmen will come and chase you out...

Go to d other room and fvck d hell out of ur made for kitchen, living room and other rooms wife.
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
Kosy79:
Hmmmmmm it's not surprising how Nigerians gave Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon for d closure of borders as a way to prevent SE from shipping weapons and how they begged for help from Britain just to defeat one tribe. I won't say that d only people that doesn't know how mighty and great Igbos are, are d myopic ones but Stupid and foolish of ur likes. Afonjas are destined to be slaves as long as Amala and Ewedu is served.

Hahahaha. These IPOB miscreants are as deluded as their leader who fled to Ivory Coast like a sissy after leading his people to slaughter.
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by freeze001(f): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
Rolings:

Calling her the most respected Nigerian voice western intellectual circles is an insult to Nigeria intellectuals. Like most igbos she is still pained that the igbo annointed candidate in 2015 election lost so nothing will ever seem good in her eyes . She is fast fading in peoples memory and needs to seem relevant again that's why she is wailling. HAPPY WAILLING

Did u even read the article at least the introduction? She heartily denounced Jonathan and welcomed Buhari's electoral 'victory'. This is the danger of attempting to stereotype someone just because she is Igbo. If u even tried to read through posts here you would have seen people criticising her for being foolish enough to support one that brought fear and failure in his first stint as Military head and now attempting to criticise him for the same failures she knew about.

Now, being Igbo to u means she cannot be the most respected in western intellectual circles even when the truth is glaring to see... What an ethnic bigot u are! Point out one thing in her article that is untrue if u dare!

1 Like

Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Kosy79(f): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
lieutenantHaven:

I am dissatisfied and disappointed dat u are joining issues with afonjas and awon oniranus. I dnt actually blame u...I blame obasanjo who allowed GSM to enter 9ja thereby making the descendants of oduduwa the chief coward and d brothers of awolowo d tribalist to hv access to keyboards where they can lay their leprosy infested, dirty, ritualistic fingers and type incoherences. They are perpetual slaves to the poverty stricken, leprosy infested, northern elements aka takakawas or alamajiris.
Awon oniranu, awon weyrey, awon ashiere. Awon ale jati jati brown roof retards and shackled and shambolic apparitions who cal demsefs Wa.sterners
Bruh, calm down I just wanted to help d idiot display his stupidity. slaves are slaves no matter what, d one that annoys most about them is dirty it's because of them that d bible said Cleanliness is next to Godliness

1 Like

Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Kosy79(f): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
1stCitizen:

Hahahaha. These IPOB miscreants are as deluded as their leader who fled to Ivory Coast like a sissy after leading his people to slaughter.
U have shown ur weakness u couldn't even react to what I said about how Nigerians and cowardice is to give away their oil land (Bakassi peninsula) to Cameroon just to fight one tribe not even a country. hahahahahahahah I give up on u dullard.
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
Kosy79:
Go to d other room and fvck d hell out of ur made for kitchen, living room and other rooms wife.

Did you know your sister have been caught by the police... She have the same mindset like yours..

https://www.nairaland.com/3416205/woman-offered-us-n500000-kill
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
Kosy79:
U have shown ur weakness u couldn't even react to what I said about how Nigerians and cowardice is to give away their oil land (Bakassi peninsula) to Cameroon just to fight one tribe not even a country. hahahahahahahah I give up on u dullard.

See 'mumuness' at its peak. Bakassi given out because of Flat.heads.hahahahahaha. You guys are really deluded into thinking you are that of a threat. How can I react to a silly conclusion based on the imagination of morons.

What a dunce.
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
freeze001:

Did u even read the article at least the introduction? She heartily denounced Jonathan and welcomed Buhari's electoral 'victory'. This is the danger of attempting to stereotype someone just because she is Igbo. If u even tried to read through posts here you would have seen people criticising her for being foolish enough to support one that brought fear and failure in his first sting as Military head and now attempting to criticise him for the same failures she knew about. Now, being Igbo to u means she cannot be the most respected in western intellectual circles even when the truth is glaring to see... What an ethnic bigot u are! Point out one thing in her article that is untrue if u dare!
There are some people you should just ignore completely. They are all out for mischief. In their quest to comment first, they seldom read the whole text before typing their shallow thoughts out. I don't suffer such fools to consume my airtime. Meanwhile you didn't confirm receipt of my reply-my email
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by P0intBlank(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

Stop blabbing noble laureate is the highest award for a scholar in literature english.
African best is not the highest award in football.

Samuel Eto (cameroun)won africa best player
George weah (liberia) won world best player

George weah is listed and rated anyday anytime above samuel eto among the best players in the world in fifa Rankings

Spot the difference.

Even in olympics if a country wins 200 silvers and 100 bronzes it will still be rated behind a country with just a Gold medal.
To hell with achebes street awards. He is not recognised in the world .

A noble laureate award (Gold) in literature is better than thousands of street awards(silvers and bronze)

Achebe was always behind soyinka in world rankings for best writer literature in English before his death.

So shall it be till enternity

I know I'm derailing the thread but I do not agree with your logic. Samuel Eto'o is the best player to have come out of Africa.

True George Weah was the best player in 1995 but one year alone does not define a whole career.

Secondly, George Weah is like a student who graduated with a 4.56 and finished as the best graduating student that year. While Eto'o although he left with a higher CGPA (4.78) was still not the best student in his set.

There's nothing George Weah did in his annus mirabilis that Eto'o didn't exceed

1 Like

Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Rolings: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
freeze001:

Did u even read the article at least the introduction? She heartily denounced Jonathan and welcomed Buhari's electoral 'victory'. This is the danger of attempting to stereotype someone just because she is Igbo. If u even tried to read through posts here you would have seen people criticising her for being foolish enough to support one that brought fear and failure in his first sting as Military head and now attempting to criticise him for the same failures she knew about. Now, being Igbo to u means she cannot be the most respected in western intellectual circles even when the truth is glaring to see... What an ethnic bigot u are! Point out one thing in her article that is untrue if u dare!

I read and re-read the article and all I can see is an angry ibo woman and an achebe protege . one who only sees the ibo as a victim , hated by other nigerians because she is igbo. My response to your calling her the most respected Nigerian voice In the western intelligentsia I repeat is an insult to Nigerian (igbos Hausa yorubas Tivs ijaws jukun) intellectuals. Who knows her? Orange prize for literature is her only claim to fame and you rate her above world class igbo intellectuals . Shame on you .
She foolishly want the government to reduce or stop the hardship in the land yet doesn't appreciate government policies that will ensure that. How do we grow our economy when we keep exporting our jobs to other countries. She blames PMB for fulani herdsmen killing but refuse to blame the unscrupulous ibo men involved on cattle rustling ,greedy ibo Men who collect money to lease land to fulanis only to turn round and drive them out of the land..... she is an agent of western imperialism just like her aunt NGOZI so all she wrote is aimed at pleading her paymasters in the hope of earning another prize for literature soon since she is no longer relevant.
Nonsense
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Ziyadah(f): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
So...I think each government in Nigeria has a keyword...Gej is Subsidy and GMB is Recession...someone shud remind me of the previous govts keyword grin
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
shamecurls:
The literature is quite informative but glaring that it's basis is about still winning audience as the Author's profession demands. It has failed to broaden, counter and profer solutions to her highlights like an economist would have done.

The problem I have with this girl is that she is self serving, a glorified and more refined Dele Momodu without the ass-licking. Everything she does is ultimately self promoting and seeking relevance.
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by lereinter(m): 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
what can adichie say that will better what Aisha buhari said
mama aisha despite been a wife didnt think like a politician or sycophant ..
she wants better life for all
not this tribalist noise makers
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by freeze001(f): 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
razortruth:
There are some people you should just ignore completely. They are all out for mischief. In their quest to comment first, they seldom read the whole text before typing their shallow thoughts out. I don't suffer such fools to consume my airtime. Meanwhile you didn't confirm receipt of my reply-my email

Sorry about that. Seen and replied. Check ur mail
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by ehissi(m): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
LordVarys:
Let the zombies attack Adichie now, probably the most respected Nigerian voice in Western intellectual circles. She's Igbo so I can forsee the insults from the bigots already.
Cc lalasticlala

Mr man!! Your way is not pure at all tongue

Only you do OP, only you do FTC, only you dey yab zombies them, only you dey collect all the likes, which one you dey sef?? undecided

Na only you waka come?? Diaris God Oooooh........tongue
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by kcmichael: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sorry ooooooo Adieche u have to live with it till 2023.keeping on wailing,u never see chum chin,buhari is not a Magician,change is a Process.it took Obama 3 years to move america out of recession.Nigeria shall be great.the worst u can do huge a high voltage transformer.
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Kosy79:

If you need the fuvk just tell me it's free gift from God and i won't charge you.
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2016
freeze001:

Sorry about that. Seen and replied. Check ur mail
Thanks. But not seen yet
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by naijamerican: 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Lol powerful my foot, Who has she impacted, What has her region benefited from her?

Your a typical tribalistic Nigerian fool.
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 21, 2016
LordVarys:
Cc lalasticla

Aha!

She's Igbo...he is Hausa...she is Yoruba.

It is never, "She is Nigerian...he is Nigerian".

Nigeria can NEVER progress – either she is engulfed in the conflagration of a civil war, or her leaders plunder the nation into inexistence. That's without even including the small-spiritedness and rapacious nature of the average Black man – the albatross of negrohood.

I do not know why we keep deceiving ourselves with this sham of unity we say binds this sham of a country together.

This sham, this disgrace called Nigeria would burn if the disparate and incongruent entities are not accorded their right to self-determination as entrenched in the constitution.
Re: Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed by ZeroShenanigan(m): 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
The Niger Delta Sabotage on Oil Infrastructures was not mentioned, The write up is either biased or incomplete.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Day I Will Never Forget / Alawiye Apa Kinni De Ikefa - Share Ur Stories. No Butty Allowed In / I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.