Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,204 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:07 PM

"Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister (47154 Views)

Ephraim Inyang-Eyen To Open Provision Store For 23-Year-Old Okada Rider / "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head / Justice John Inyang Okoro, The Dark Hand That Killed Justice In Abia - Abiafact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 19, 2016
he tried to bribe you 3times and you were stupid enough not to document any of the incidents - @
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Ake1: 7:26am On Oct 19, 2016
nairalandfreak:
all is well

Offside! Go back and defend yourself before njc,effc,icpc,DSS,etc

1 Like

Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Vatsyayana: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2016
Jayceo:
Its high time Intelligent,Patriotic Youths with the interest of Nigerias growth at heart start getting involved. We can't leave the state of Nigeria in the hands of this same criminals we keep recycling.Lets join together and take back our country. Imagine 100,000 youths contribute 50,000 that's already 5 billion naira enough for campaign among other things. We can either assemble a strong force or Join a notable party with the interest of the Nation screened by us. Enough of the Nairaland compalaining and social media rants. Lets get to work youths of Nigeria. The power is in our hands.Lets Restructure the Fiscal federalism of this Nation and Make it great.

Note:- By youths I don't mean small minded,corrupt, tribalistic, visionless youths

my brother you have made a good suggestion but the greedy ones will still hijack the initiative...my brother we need a revolution!
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by signz: 7:32am On Oct 19, 2016
ikennaoma:
At times I wonder if sm ppl get shame at all. Wetin concern ameachi with your arrest?. Can't he give a good reason for his innocence. So ameachi sponsored umuna of aka ibom, buhari, dakuku, erufai and d rest. If I may ask Wetin Apc gat to do with abia state case which was APGA vs PDP bros tell us another story!!!!!!

Yes Amaechi did sponsor them.

Please read and digest what was written by the Judge.

@ Op.

I think The Judiciary is fighting back, propaganda for propaganda. Let's see how it all goes. We shouldn't waste this opportunity to restructure our Judiciary. NJC should sanitise the bench and the legislative arm of government must amend our laws.

For our sake and for the sake of our future generations yet unborn, the executive must not be seen to be meddling with the judicial affairs. There are rumours that special courts made up of judges loyal to The ruling party will soon be setup. We shouldn't encourage anybody to fly that kite.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Fada2000(f): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2016
Economy is no longer in the news. ..... chaiiii I weep for this country. Dogara ' s case by the way, Aisha now trending who knows the next diversionary news and Nigeria citizens are dying of hunger everyday,... who will safe this country from collapsing ?
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by odomanis: 7:33am On Oct 19, 2016
nrexzy:
He rejected bribe from Ameachi but Accepted bribe from Wike? #justasking

I have always suspected that APC goes after judges that refused to cooperate with them and give them judgement. Once you refuse,they will assumed you have collected bribe from the opposition. And I ask you, who will prefer to collect bribe from opposition instead of from the ruling government with a guarantee of more money and protection. I prefer to believe the judges because both the EFCC and this government have reputation for lies and double speak.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by erico2k2(m): 7:39am On Oct 19, 2016
comshots:
Does efcc arrest judges who rule in favour of apc?
NOP
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 19, 2016
Am watching from the sideline., it will be interesting here.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by okeyokeyvega: 7:41am On Oct 19, 2016
martineinstein:
Just look at what a whole judge is saying........and he wants us to believe it without evidence?

Wike is doing everything possible
,bt u belive dss wit what evidence? Onye ara
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by nrexzy: 7:41am On Oct 19, 2016
odomanis:

I have always suspected that APC goes after judges that refused to cooperate with them and give them judgement. Once you refuse,they will assumed you have collected bribe from the opposition. And I ask you, who will prefer to collect bribe from opposition instead of from the ruling government with a guarantee of more money and protection. I prefer to believe the judges because both the EFCC and this government have reputation for lies and double speak.
All government is guilty of that
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by nrexzy: 7:42am On Oct 19, 2016
emmydollars4life:

Wike is the choice of the people, even by counting wike would have still win. So step back no case there.
I Base in Rivers bro!!! So gather your facts
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by thunder74(m): 7:53am On Oct 19, 2016
vineyardfarms:
THE JUDGE SHOULD PROVIDE HARD CORE EVIDENCE. MR OKORO WHY DOES IT TAKES YOU SO LONG TO SURFACE.

WHAT ABOUT THE MONIES FOUND IN YOUR POSSESSION SIR!!!!

WE NEED GOOD EXPLAINATION. LEAVE MR AMECHI OUT OF THIS AND FACE IT SQUARELY. EXPLAIN THE MONIES

I am sure many did not read the attached letter. He has explained everything he knows about the incident.
By the way, what hard evidences has DSS provided against them till date? Why is it easier to believe DSS allegations and difficult to believe the Judges defenses?

1 Like

Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by icedbreez(m): 8:10am On Oct 19, 2016
bettercreature:
He should have collected the bribe then use it as evidence against him,He is a big thief he is just trying to cause problem in the APC Camp

Even if he is a big thief, APC is appearing like a bigger Thief.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by maasoap(m): 8:12am On Oct 19, 2016
Forwetinnah:
The most corrupt administration with chronic thieves from top to bottom claiming to be fighting corruption? What a bloody joke!!
AT least, they pretend and claim to be doing so. What is the pdp legacy for 16 years of governance besides fighting corruption with technology?
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by maasoap(m): 8:15am On Oct 19, 2016
okeyokeyvega:
,bt u belive dss wit what evidence? Onye ara
Petitions from multiple number of people. Huge raw cash in different denominations found in their homes. Huge bank accounts balances that are yet to be explained and verified. If those are not hard evidence to you, then I doubt it you know the meaning of hard evidence.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Kabashin: 8:18am On Oct 19, 2016
maasoap:

AT least, they pretend and claim to be doing so. What is the pdp legacy for 16 years of governance besides fighting corruption with technology?

Stop the idiocy, the TSA,BVN and IPPPS payment platform are modern ways of fighting corruption technologically.

Some of you just talk without reasoning properly.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by kcnwaigbo: 8:18am On Oct 19, 2016
maasoap:

Petitions from multiple number of people. Huge raw cash in different denominations found in their homes. Huge bank accounts balances that are yet to be explained and verified. If those are not hard evidence to you, then I doubt it you know the meaning of hard evidence.

what is hard about the evidence? That someone kept his own money in his house and that simply becomes evidence? You should be smarter than this!!! I can also say the 1.2m dress Aisha wore yesterday is also evidence of corruption by Buhari!!!
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 19, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Because Amechi Is Involved, they will avoid this topic like plague.

Buhari Is Indeed Fighting Corruption.

In Ngeneukwenu's voice, Ndi Ara
...like the plague.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:55am On Oct 19, 2016
This confirms jus hw corrupt the judge is. An attempt was made to bribe u, yet u made no effort to lodgE a formal report. Now u ve been arrested it has become necessary to open a can of worms. Mercy after death. Nobdy is gonna take u seriously now.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Sajio(m): 9:06am On Oct 19, 2016
martineinstein:
Just look at what a whole judge is saying........and he wants us to believe it without evidence?

.... my brother the Judge has just reviled the source of those USD DDS saw in his houx publicly and that it might be more than(meaning he might file a case against DSS) cos he spent only USD 500 of the allowances... one question u must ask yourself, if the judge actually got d money via bribe will he put it on air?? DSS should have @least investigated what's his salary, allowances and all that before calling anyone that have such money in their houx corrupt persons. does it mean, if dey see such money in Dagote's houx, will dey still refere a corrupt mam

1 Like

Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Abagworo(m): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2016
Sajio:
.... my brother the Judge has just reviled the source of those USD DDS saw in his houx publicly and that it might be more than(meaning he might file a case against DSS) cos he spent only USD 500 of the allowances... one question u must ask yourself, if the judge actually got d money via bribe will he put it on air?? DSS should have @least investigated what's his salary, allowances and all that before calling anyone that have such money in their houx corrupt persons. does it mean, if dey see such money in Dagote's houx, will dey still refere a corrupt mam

If you believe that the DSS has no convincing evidence then you still dey learn abc.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by emmaelectelect(m): 9:19am On Oct 19, 2016
martineinstein:

Bro Please, study! then understand before displaying ignorance

Its a reminder to the CJF; Implying ....
Please learn and understand!!!!
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by inkon: 9:49am On Oct 19, 2016
Jayceo:
Its high time Intelligent,Patriotic Youths with the interest of Nigerias growth at heart start getting involved. We can't leave the state of Nigeria in the hands of this same criminals we keep recycling.Lets join together and take back our country. Imagine 100,000 youths contribute 50,000 that's already 5 billion naira enough for campaign among other things. We can either assemble a strong force or Join a notable party with the interest of the Nation screened by us. Enough of the Nairaland compalaining and social media rants. Lets get to work youths of Nigeria. The power is in our hands.Lets Restructure the Fiscal federalism of this Nation and Make it great.

Note:- By youths I don't mean small minded,corrupt, tribalistic, visionless youths

How do we start bro? Even if helping to wrestle power out of these demons is the only thing I achieve for this country, I'll be happy. Enough is enough!
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Josmila(m): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2016
When corruption fights back, it fights dirty, not minding who is brought down in the process..Our judges now want to defend themselves escape the hammers by mentioning names keys figures in the current administration.. The courts should be the last bus stop for all these allegations and counter allegations, they should have their day in court and tender all their evidence against Amaechi and any other person let the law take it's course..

If Amaechi is indeed guilty of all he Okoro said, then he should be made to face the music, no sacred cows!
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Rayplanet(m): 9:58am On Oct 19, 2016
Attempted?
So whose bidding was done at the end?
The highest bidder I guess.
#Nansense

Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by 4wrd9ja: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2016
Jayceo:

you can start the process I will support you because that's the only way out of our present , the youth seems to lack direction. now because there's no one to galvanize their energy towards a nobler cause.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by 4wrd9ja: 10:23am On Oct 19, 2016
inkon:

How do we start bro? Even if helping to wrestle power out of these demons is the only thing I achieve for this country, I'll be happy. Enough is enough!
That's a very good one from you , that's how countries are liberated from bondage and oppression ,when the youth say enough is enough and come together to take back their countries and restore sanity am with you on this one and hoping we can work together.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by inkon: 10:52am On Oct 19, 2016
4wrd9ja:

That's a very good one from you , that's how countries are liberated from bondage and oppression ,when the youth say enough is enough and come together to take back their countries and restore sanity am with you on this one and hoping we can work together.

Honestly I'm prepared to give my best towards the liberation of this country.

The demons have their pangs deep into the lifeline of this country.

Go into the streets and you will see how people are languishing. There is real hunger in the land. And most that die today are from hunger induced deceases. When I say hunger, I mean the type that tangles the intestine. There is hopelessness everywhere.

What is this?

How much longer shall we watch criminals meddle with our lives and future? This evil has lingered so long that many people now consider it a norm.

If the youths of today refuse to cure this injustice, then posterity may not be kind to us.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by jblackbell(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2016
akilo1:
it means u can believe everythg,a man who is getting drow in the water will try to save itself by putting his hands on anythg he find,why do the judge did not expose ameachi before this time that he is in DSS soup?
First and foremost I don't believe everything. I'm not in the best position to answer the questions as to why or why not the judge just decided to expose ameachi. The question that begs for answer is whether ameachi actually tried to bribe him or not and not why the judge decided to expose him now.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by july66: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2016
Jayceo:
One of the Supreme Court Justices arrested by operatives of the Department of State Services Justice John Inyang Okoro, has accused Minister of Transport Rotimi Amachi of having attempted to bribe him over three election petitions matters that were resolved earlier this year.

In a letter addressed to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Okoro narrated his ordeal in the hands of DSS on the night of Friday October 7th and early morning of Saturday October 8th.

He said Rotimi Amaechi came to his house to inform him that both President Mohammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress asked to tell him that they must win their cases in three states of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Abia states.

The judge said Amaechi told him that he sponsored Umana Umana, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the Akwa Ibom state governorship election. He alleged that Amaechi promised him a monthly pay from Umana once the candidate is declared the winner of the election by the Supreme Court.

The part of the letter where the Supreme Court judge made these allegations appeared like a mere reminder to the CJN. Justice Inyang deployed lines like “My Lord will recall the verbal report I made to you on…”.

Neither the APC nor Rotimi Amaechi has responded to the major allegation.

Attached is the letter

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/law/judges-raid-okoro-writes-njc-indicts-umana-amaechi-on-bribery-letter-included/167434.html
Things are getting really interesting. Hunter becoming hunted.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by july66: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2016
Josmila:
When corruption fights back, it fights dirty, not minding who is brought down in the process..Our judges now want to defend themselves escape the hammers by mentioning names keys figures in the current administration.. The courts should be the last bus stop for all these allegations and counter allegations, they should have their day in court and tender all their evidence against Amaechi and any other person let the law take it's course..

If Amaechi is indeed guilty of all he Okoro said, then he should be made to face the music, no sacred cows!
You can all see where we are heading. The other day, the CJN mentioned Amaechi's name & now Okoro is doing same. His name is becoming a recurring decimal. Why for instance did they not mention Mallami or Fashola? I know these judges must have some recordings. Amaechi is not likely to escape this time around even if he is the one who put Buhari in power.
Re: "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister by Josmila(m): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2016
july66:
You can all see where we are heading. The other day, the CJN mentioned Amaechi's name & now Okoro is doing same. His name is becoming a recurring decimal. Why for instance did they not mention Mallami or Fashola? I know these judges must have some recordings. Amaechi is not likely to escape this time around even if he is the one who put Buhari in power.

Buhari won't shield him from prosecution if he really guilty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / PDP Sokoto Rally: Deji Adeyanju Accuses North Of Defrauding Tinubu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.