Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,910 members, 7,799,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns (697 Views)

Ehi Ogbebor: 'Ken Bramor Killed Mother For Money Ritual, Tried Killing My Child' / Meet Onyi Adaba, Ken Erics Wife & More Photos From Their Traditional Wedding / Breaking: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr. Reportedly Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Eyor1(m): 6:12am On Oct 19, 2016
The Niger Delta region has been thrown into mourning following the death of Ken Saro-Wiwa Jr.

According to Sahara Reporters, Saro-Wiwa Jr died on Tuesday, October 18.

The son of the late Ogoni activist served as an adviser to former president, Goodluck Jonathan.

His father, Ken Saro-Wiwa was a member of the Ogoni people, an ethnic minority in the Niger Delta. Due to his activism against the degradation of the land and waters of the Ogoni people by oil companies.

In 1992, Saro-Wiwa was imprisoned for several months, without trial, by the Nigerian military government. In June 1993, Saro-Wiwa was arrested again and detained by Nigerian authorities but was released after a month.

Saro-Wiwa was again arrested and accused of inciting the death of 6 Ogoni chiefs. He denied the charges but was imprisoned for over a year before being found guilty and sentenced to death by a specially convened tribunal.

On November 10 1995, he was killed along with 8 other that came to be known as the Ogoni Nine by the Gen. Sani Abacha regime.

https://www.naij.com/1013821-breaking-ken-saro-wiwa-jr-dead-niger-delta-mourns.html

Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Eyor1(m): 6:14am On Oct 19, 2016
Nnah ehn, e pain me no be small, we are from the same town.
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Edwinmason(m): 6:14am On Oct 19, 2016
SAD
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Collenshy2020(m): 6:22am On Oct 19, 2016
Chai, painful painful, may he RIP, my heartfelt sympathy to those he left behind.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Wizzyblack3(m): 6:25am On Oct 19, 2016
That one wey Faze take sing?
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by tyson98: 6:40am On Oct 19, 2016
Rip
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 19, 2016
RIP but wetin kill am?
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 19, 2016
No body is mourning anybody. How come nobody heard of him before now?
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Eyor1(m): 6:51am On Oct 19, 2016
Wizzyblack3:
That one wey Faze take sing?

Yea
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Eyor1(m): 6:53am On Oct 19, 2016
Oma307:
RIP but wetin kill am?

I no know oh but I guess he might have been sick, he chatted last with me on may 14th, and ever since, he doesn't reply me again (Facebook)
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Eyor1(m): 6:56am On Oct 19, 2016
lofty900:
No body is mourning anybody. How come nobody heard of him before now?
Hey, I won't let you talk ill of him in death, if you haven't heard of him, that doesn't mean others haven't also... He is a public figure and my state governor and government have identified with his family.
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 19, 2016
Eyor1:

Hey, I won't let you talk ill of him in death, if you haven't heard of him, that doesn't mean others haven't also... He is a public figure and my state governor and government have identified with his family.
he's not a public figure, his father was. It's normal for wike to send his condolences but don't come and tell me niger delta is thrown into mourning.
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 19, 2016
Eyor1:

I no know oh but I guess he might have been sick, he chatted last with me on may 14th, and ever since, he doesn't reply me again (Facebook)
great loss

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Eyor1(m): 7:14am On Oct 19, 2016
lofty900:
he's not a public figure, his father was. It's normal for wike to send his condolences but don't come and tell me niger delta is thrown into mourning.

Dude, he is also a public figure who rose to fame through his father's achievements.
He countlessly contributed to Invitations by the state government.
He was born and raised in the U.K,He seldomly visits home and that's why you know little or nothing of him.
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by DifferentBoy1(m): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2016
Bari a torh aloo a wuga..... Farewell!!!
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by DifferentBoy1(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2016
lofty900:

Don't drag what you don't know @ sabinus.

" Recall that Ken Saro Wiwa Jnr served as Special Assistant on peace, conflict resolution and reconciliation to former President Olusegun Obasanjo . He also served former President Umaru Yar'Adua as the Special Assistant on International Affairs and to former President Goodluck Jonathan as the Senior Special Assistant on Civil Society and International Media.
He was a renowned international journalist and editor of the UK Guardian ′s New Media Lab where he developed content for the paper's online edition.
Ogonis on social media have massively expressed sadness over his sudden demise.
May His Soul Rest In Peace "
Re: BREAKING: Ken Saro-wiwa Jr Is Dead; Niger Delta Mourns by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2016
Rip sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Majid Michel Revealed Shocking Revelations About Some Ministers Of God / SAD NEWS! Olubadan's Daughter Dies In Fatal Road Crash In Lagos/Ibadan Express / Linda Ikeji To Give Out #20,000 Each To Users Of Her Social Network Linda Ikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.