Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students (5658 Views)

Driver Crushes Two Secondary School Students To Death In Anambra (Graphic Photos / Unbelievable: See The Married School Teacher Who Had S*x With A ‘sick’ Student R / Madame Koi Koi ( A Trip Down Fgc Ikirun Lane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 19, 2016
The story of Madam Koi Koi has survived the times and still haunts many secondary students in their nightmares.

In Nigeria, there are several popular myths that have endured for many decades. Myths such as Queen of the Coast and Bush Babies are some of the most popular myths in Nigeria. They are legends told from generation to generation.
One of such legends or myths is the legend of Madam Koi Koi. No one knows exactly when the story started but the story of a ghost female teacher with red high heels has haunted boarding schools in Nigeria for decades.
This is the legend of Madam Koi Koi. There are several stories but this is the most popular one. Once upon a time there was a beautiful teacher in a secondary school. She was known for her beauty and her red heels. Whenever she walked in the hallways her shoes will make one sound ‘Koi Koi’.
It was also said she was very nasty to students and would beat them up for no given reason. You could say she was hated.

Legend has it that she was fired when she slapped a female student and injured her ear. On her journey back home, Madam Koi Koi was involved in an accident and died. Before she died she swore that she would have her revenge on the school and its students.
Not too long after, students of the secondary school said at night they would hear a ‘Koi Koi’ sound in the hallways of their dormitories after lights out, almost like the clicking of heels on a floor.

Till today this story persists. It is said Madam Koi Koi only comes out at night to haunt students. The stories have gone beyond one secondary school to other secondary schools in Nigeria.

Is there really a story about the ghost of a female teacher haunting students or is this a tale made up by teachers to discourage students from wandering during lights out?

BOADERS PLS SHARE YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE.

http://mvpconnect.co/madam-koi-koi-legend-dead-teacher-haunts-secondary-school-students/

Cc lalasticlala
Cc mynd44

Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by freesinzu(m): 8:21am On Oct 19, 2016
Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by finalboss1(m): 8:22am On Oct 19, 2016
yea dats very true , when i was still in sec school... 2011... we all believed it..
she do knock door, midnight.. i tots its koin koin

if you walk alone midnight, she ll take you away lols..
but i dunno if she holds cutlass

2 Likes

Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by Idydarling(f): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2016
i remember then in secondary school, this news was every way, there was a day i heard her sef in Montini hostel

1 Like

Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by INTROVERT(f): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2016
Bush babies aint myths. they are real animals
Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by yemsai(f): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2016
Guess it was made up by some old students jst 2 scare other students cos I didn't hear any sounds or cry thruout my boarding schl days but Dis scared d hell out of me back den in secondary schl....heard a different story abt it tho....nd d bush babies? dat was super scary
I could remember one nyt in d hostel wen a junior student went to d toilet in d midnyt nd ran back 2 d room waking us with a loud cry telling us she heard a bush baby crying for a mat or something ..mehn..we cudnt sleep dat nyt..all we did was pray nd slept in twos smiley
Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by ExAngel007(f): 9:40am On Oct 19, 2016
please i dont need those nightmare back
Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by TheArchangel(f): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
Can someone demystify this myth/ urban legend please.
Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
yemsai:
Guess it was made up by some old students jst 2 scare other students cos I didn't hear any sounds or cry thruout my boarding schl days but Dis scared d hell out of me back den in secondary schl....heard a different story abt it tho....nd d bush babies? dat was super scary
I could remember one nyt in d hostel wen a junior student went to d toilet in d midnyt nd ran back 2 d room waking us with a loud cry telling us she heard a bush baby crying for a mat or something ..mehn..we cudnt sleep dat nyt..all we did was pray nd slept in twos smiley

There is an actual bush baby, the animal....has weird bush baby like eyes, I just don't remember the other name for it now.....lives high up in trees in jungles, thick bushes ......
That loud, shrieking, snarl-screech-meow amplified sound that usually tears up the night in towns and cities however, almost always belong to cats, domestic, or semi-wild as the case may be.....in our usual African kabashing modes, we usually would ascribe those to witches, or to the bush babies of our deliverence-frenzied imaginations , not the bush dwelling real bush babies ooo lipsrsealed shocked lipsrsealed...poor cats cheesy

Then fast rewind to sometime in the past, during my primary school days, a long, long time ago...I forget the dates but anyone who was a pupil or student in 042 city might remember the crazy incident that happened one day. ...I remember sitting in class, and suddenly feeling that there was tension outside. Then suddenly, chairs were scraped back and overturned as boys and girls scampered off, for some undetermined reason (remember, this was waay before the advent of mobile phones, or even pay phones I would suppose). ....
In our class,my teacher made a feeble, futile attempt to stop this, but like a whirlwind, the movement had started, and she "fell"....as we took off too cheesy. At the door, my two younger brothers had got there waiting for me, and then the three of us dashed to a bigger neighbour child's class.... we all ran out of the school gate....

And met this....it seemed like every primary school uniform was represented that day..all bolting down the streets, cries, littered school packs, falls, and more..... we all ran towards the safety of our different homes..where I learnt that Lady Koi Koi visted one still to be determined school, and the race for life began, and like a tsunami swept through every school in the city (you hardly saw private schools then...apart from maybe the university primary school...I dont even know if they ran, those). The palpable excitement as many children in their different uniforms all got home before school-over, each school describing how the lady visited them first!!!
....It was one of the single most terrifying experiences of my childhood. And in that same intensity, the most exhilarating too.
Now I wonder whether the teachers ran too. Or stayed back in their schools to wonder whatever it was that happened to their pupils..and did they enjoy the break from work too...I wonder sha
(If this did not happen, then I am afraid I could be mad, cos in my head, this happenedcheesy)

1 Like

Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by maklelemakukula(m): 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2018
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44
Puskin
Entertain us this night grin grin grin
Re: Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunt Secondary School Students by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
I heard the Madam koi koi story too when I was a kid, it s used to scare me too and I didn't even go to boarding school but it still scared me though.

I'm sure alot of borders had nightmares about this woman, and the ones who used drugs must have probably seen this woman in their hallucinations.

(1) (Reply)

A Merry Xmas Without Electricity / Giveaway Zone / Photos:millionaire Youngster Post Pictures Of His Ritual Shrine, Bulk Of Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.