Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do (480 Views)

500 Internal Server Error / My Wordpress Site Showing This Error, What Will I Do? / My Pc Is Showing Disk Error What Can I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do by dissman: 8:54am On Oct 19, 2016
Day webmasters, it's been frustrating evry f**k time seeing error 500 internal server error on my wordpress site hosted with godaddy, diz usually happens when I finish posting n ready 2 post another article, m even planning on moving my domain 2 blogger as this is affecting my traffic but ion knw if blogger have as much flair as wordpress...Plz, if u knw hw I can curb diz, plz help...tnx.
Re: Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do by SeunLanLege(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2016
dissman:
Day webmasters, it's been frustrating evry f**k time seeing error 500 internal server error on my wordpress site hosted with godaddy, diz usually happens when I finish posting n ready 2 post another article, m even planning on moving my domain 2 blogger as this is affecting my traffic but ion knw if blogger have as much flair as wordpress...Plz, if u knw hw I can curb diz, plz help...tnx.

Check your error logs in cpanel and post the output here
Re: Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do by mokoshalb(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2016
dissman:
bandwidth suspected, but as the first guy said post ur error log content here...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do by dissman: 9:40am On Oct 19, 2016
SeunLanLege:

Check your error logs in cpanel and post the output here

When I checked error on cpanel, no error was posted.

The box with heading as last 300 error msg in the cpanel.

But on the file manager, when I checked the error, the error on it dated back to sept 20 and the error is about carrington mobile theme which I used before.

Also ve noticed that what happens when the error 500 comes up is memory usage and i/o usage always get to the maximum limit, i.e red line, then later comes back to normal, then the site continues working well
Re: Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do by SeunLanLege(m): 9:53am On Oct 19, 2016
dissman:

When I checked error on cpanel, no error was posted.

The box with heading as last 300 error msg in the cpanel.

But on the file manager, when I checked the error, the error on it dated back to sept 20 and the error is about carrington mobile theme which I used before.

Also ve noticed that what happens when the error 500 comes up is memory usage and i/o usage always get to the maximum limit, i.e red line, then later comes back to normal, then the site continues working well

You're maxing out your allocated cup usage. Check cpu logs to find the culprit script
Re: Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do by FincoApps(m): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
It might also be a wayward plugin.... Try disabling all plugins and see if the issue persists....

There was this email plugin I had. Anytime I make a post, the way it sends the emails makes my ISP block me for sometime and renders the website inaccessible for a while. Something similar might be your problem.
Re: Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do by dissman: 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
FincoApps:
It might also be a wayward plugin.... Try disabling all plugins and see if the issue persists....

There was this email plugin I had. Anytime I make a post, the way it sends the emails makes my ISP block me for sometime and renders the website inaccessible for a while. Something similar might be your problem.

I use dlvrit and iftti to automatically share my posts on fb and twitter, could this be the cause

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Cost? / Google Proclaims Mobile-first Indexing Will Be Used For Ranking Websites / Website For Sale! Site Goes To The Most Interested Buyer Not Minding Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.