Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry (543 Views)

See The Snake I Killed At My Sister's Site Today / Cancerous Wound, Pls I Need Help And Advice My Dad Is Dieing. (gory Images) / How To Get A Loan For 50k-100k. I've Tried Loan Sites But It's Fruitless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by SlimShaddy10(m): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2016
My Sister Wants To Leave Her Fruitless Marriage After Sixteen Years And Re-marry

It was just last week, at my village, that I eaves dropped my sister telling one of my aunties that she would soon quit her sixteen years old fruitless marriage, and re-marry.

My sister's ordeal in her marriage had begun n since 2000 ( the beginning of the millennium) when a suitor amd his family came to our house in the village after the Christmas of 20th century (90s),to seek her hand in marriage.
She had no choice than to accept since my parents already knew the people.

The plan was that he does the payment of 'dowry' first, and then travel to an African country, in search of money ( via hard means as we now know) to be used for both their traditional marriage and white wedding.

The man then travelled to Abijan and stayed their for 10 years, since he came back on February 12 2009 to do traditional and white wedding. " thanks God, ' after all, he came back after ten years, despite all other more serious and rich suitors who left after I had turned them down", my sister said as she is in a state of euphoria without knowing that the worst is to happen.

She and her hubby rented an apartment in Lagos where they stayed just for one year before the man travelled to Holland for a business trip which lasted for 4 good years. My sister stayed all alone throughout his husband's absence. Already she had started regretting ever getting married to such a jinx!!.

A jinx because, he is always being locked up in a prison each time he goes for his dr*g business. Later we knew that all those years in Abijan,he was in prison and now Holland. So, people advised her to leave the marriage after fourteen years but she refused believing that things would be better sooner.

Later on, he came back to Nigeria as he was released from prison. They both stayed together just for a few weeks before the hubby had another contact of travelling to France for just the same kind of business. This time, the hard drug busted in his stomach but ,fortunately, he survived ( after staying in coma) it since he was taking to the nearby hospital immediately. After recuperating, he is sent into prison in France which no one has the knowledge of when he will be released.

" this year is the 16th year of my marriage without a child", said my sister,adding that she is fed-up and would not continue in the marriage.

To her, that a man, though formerly married but divorced now wants to marry her.

For me, I think I five her go ahead to her decision. What I am interested in is what would put a lasting smile on her face.
Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by misreal(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2016
.she has already made up her mind to leave an,so what's the need to advice her again.as far as I am concern,marriage is for better and worse,till death do them.except in the case of extra marital affair.
Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by johnpaulo(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2016
Obodoyibo marriage
Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by kestolove95(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2016
wake me if e enter frontpage
Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by sinaj(f): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2016
What's the essence of getting a companion nd still remain lonely

16yrs down d drain nd still counting.

She has to evaluate the marriage nd decide for herself to remain or dust her self up nd move on.

Btw didn't she know abt d illicit business b4 accepting his proposal?
Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by HIScraziness(m): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2016
Your sister married a drug Lord??

Thanks for letting us know the kind of family you're from!!
Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by ammyluv2002(f): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2016
Wow! This is tough.....She shouldn't have married him in the first place no thanks to your parents. The guy is no good and the marriage was based on lies & deceit.

Well, if you want to judge from the bible principles, she can only divorce her husband base on adultery, but this is strong and wrong too. The guy has wasted 16 years of her life all in the name of marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by SlimShaddy10(m): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=sinaj post=50326861]What's the essence of getting a companion nd s

she knew that lately. now the man is in prison which no one knows when God will help him out.

I would have preferred they both stay together and suffer and still bear kids. Na my main interest of say pikin day her side. mtchw!!!!

I de pity my sis well well
Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by SlimShaddy10(m): 9:56am On Oct 19, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Wow! This is tough.....She shouldn't have married him in the first place no thanks to your parents. The guy is no good and the marriage was based on lies & deceit.

Well, if you want to judge from the bible principles, she can only divorce her husband base on adultery, but this is strong and wrong too. The guy has wasted 16 years of her life all in the name of marriage.

I blamed my parents sha. ma them cause all these. after all, 2005, my sister came back and told my parents that she quits the marriage when it was just five years left but, my mother in particular, started shedding tears saying," what an elder sits to see, a boy would not be able to see eve if he climbs the highest tree".

rubbish!!!! I wish I have grown to speak my mind as of that time. look at now, putting my sis in a mess!! . let me see if they will not accept this now.
Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by sinaj(f): 9:57am On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=SlimShaddy10 post=50327254][/quote] pray she doesn't hit menopause b4 her hubby comes to his senses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Sister Wants To Quit Her 16yers Old Fruitless Marriage And Re-marry by southernbelle(f): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sad, what a union!
It's a good thing she finally made a decision to quit the marriage, there's no point suffering for an unrepentant drug dealer.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

In Few Weeks A New Start Up Landed A Deal To Auction A Private Jet / Why Is He No Longer Interested In Me ? / MMM Participants Panic Over Reports Of Ultimate Cycler's Crash Author: Kess Ewu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.