Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,466 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* (14578 Views)

Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner / New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by vincent64(m): 4:33am On Oct 20, 2016
UNLOCK YOUR ICLOUD AND CARRIER LOCK AT ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD JUST WITH YOUR PHONE IMEI. AT AFFORDABLE PRICE. WHATSAPP NOW @08169476382
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by KINGwax007(m): 7:28am On Oct 20, 2016
Pandorabox:
Tecno be emulating infinix like mad. I still prefer the infinix hot 4.
trassion holdings. Also known as Tecno telecom limited, is the same company that manufactures all infinix, Tecno and itel..

And for your information, infinix, in all its beauty is a substandard phone. If you want to knw more, unscrew an infinix and you'll be surprised that non of its integrated circuits are covered.

Below is a pix of infinix hot 3 and tecno boom j 7

That is why infinix are prone to damage more quickly than any tecno product, but sells more because of the beauty..

It's just a strategy to make more money by TRASSION..

1 Like

Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Norman4real:
Uganda
Wow.Habari

1 Like

Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by excanny: 8:12am On Oct 20, 2016
DesChyko:
3000mAh for a potential 4G Phone with 5.5 inch screen?

1GB RAM in this age of multitasking undecided

Not everyone needs that much of multitasking. This is their phone.

If you really need lots and lots of multitasking, you should look towards Phamtom 5(3gb RAM), Camon C9, L8, Boom J8- All 2GB RAM.

1 Like

Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by DesChyko: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2016
excanny:

If you really need lots and lots of multitasking, you should look towards Phamtom 5(3gb RAM), Camon C9, L8, Boom J8- All 2GB RAM.

Well, ordinarily, for an average user, the Android 6 OS runs on about 600MB - 700MB RAM or there about. Add all the third party apps that each individual would install. Except you force stop each and everytime or ignore lots of useful apps, this 1GB will limit one.
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2016
more pictures and the full specification!
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by augster(m): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2016
Tecno no sabi better business strategy.. Give this phone 4G LTE Band 28 and watch it sell like pure water
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by ritababe(f): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
Pandorabox:

lol you are funny, tecno is better than Infinix in all category. if you wanna argue bring the best Infinix phone let me bring the best tecno phone let's see the specs.
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by dollarprincess(f): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
guy's check out the full specifications of Tecno W5 and the 4g suports for Nigerian Networks (isp)
http://www.getontopc.com/2016/10/tecno-w5-
coming-with-fingerprint-id.html
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by excanny: 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
DesChyko:

Well, ordinarily, for an average user, the Android 6 OS runs on about 600MB - 700MB RAM or there about. Add all the third party apps that each individual would install. Except you force stop each and everytime or ignore lots of useful apps, this 1GB will limit one.

Just like I said earlier, this phone is probably not sufficient for your daily needs. There are other capable phones in the Tecno family that will give you you a run for your money.
Check L8, J8, Phantom 5, Camon C9, etc

The brand is reasonably trying to cater for the phone needs of a wide range of users, including those who miltitask heavily and those who barely do.

It's a free world of choices and the brand recognizes this. That's commonsensical enough.

2 Likes

Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by DesChyko: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
excanny:

Just like I said earlier, this phone is probably not sufficient for your daily needs. There are other capable phones in the Tecno family that will give you you a run for your money.

The brand is reasonably trying to cater for the phone needs of a wide range of users, including those who miltitask heavily and those who barely do.

It's a free world of choices and the brand recognizes this. That's commonsensical enough.

Is this your opinion as an average android user or are you trying to sell a merchandise here?

In any case, being honest is key in all areas.
I've had issues where l users complain of RAM-related issues. I've had to install easy solution apps for them because explaining the how and why would complicate matters and probably make them hate their phone brands.

However, my opinion is from a point that to whom much is given, much is expected. Why equip a 5.5in phone with such low power battery knowing how HD display zaps the battery juice?

Why equip a phone with new generation features with old generation details? Is the aim to promote the brand name or give consumers a quick ejaculation and make away with their hard earned albeit cheap money?

It costs nothing for them to make an honest phone. Trying to shut a truth down only stops the messenger, not the truth.

1 Like

Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Abdstrakt(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
excanny:

Exactly.Not everyone is a heavy user. Some are moderate to light users and this fits their needs perfectly.
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Abdstrakt(m): 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
gen2briz:
Fingerprint scanner with 1gb Ram....... Are they serious.
Please what is the relationship between the fingerprint scanner and RAM? Does the fingerprint scanner need more RAM to function properly? Explain pls.

1 Like

Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by updates4life: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
Google is Rumored to Launch 2 Google Smartwatches During Q1 2017
Back in July, a rumor surfaced that claimed Google was preparing to launch a couple of Android Wear smartwatches ‘Google Smartwatch’. The image and rumor came from Android Police, but they were unable to cite the source of the information. They said Google is working on launching two different Google Smartwatches with one being bigger than the other. The larger smartwatch is code named Angelfish while the smaller one carries the codename Swordfish. Google Smartwatch Angelfish is said to have LTE connectivity and GPS so it can be a standalone device and show off all the features that Android Wear
http://www.updates4life.com/google-is-rumored-to-launch-google-smartwatch/
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by excanny: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
DesChyko:

Is this your opinion as an average android user or are you trying to sell a merchandise here?

I've had issues where l users complain of RAM-related issues. I've had to install easy solution apps for them because explaining the how and why would complicate matters and probably make them hate their phone brands.

However, my opinion is from a point that to whom much is given, much is expected. Why equip a 5.5in phone with such low power battery knowing how HD display zaps the battery juice?

Why equip a phone with new generation features with old generation details? Is the aim to promote the brand name or give consumers a quick ejaculation and make away with their hard earned albeit cheap money?

It costs nothing for them to make an honest phone. Trying to shut a truth down only stops the messenger, not the truth.

First, a 3000mAh battery capacity isn't too low. Second, it's not out of place to pair it with a 5.5 inches screen.

The iPhone 7plus is just 5.5 inches with a battery of 2900mAh. Is Apple also making dishonest phones?

Honestly, I so don't get what you mean or where you are driving at?
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Norman4real(m): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
DesChyko:

to be honest, 1gb ram is good enough for daily use, it comes down to how the phone's os optimises that ram. I once had a c8 and its 1gb ram was so laggy, however on the phantom a+ which also uses 1gb ram operation was smooth.
And for the battery issue, 3000mah is quite ordinary these days, but then again for that price range its worth the money, a moderate user can use it for most of the day.
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by DesChyko: 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
excanny:

First, a 3000mAh battery capacity isn't too low. Second, it's not out of place to pair it with a 5.5 inches screen.

The iPhone 7plus is just 5.5 inches with a battery of 2900mAh. Is Apple also making dishonest phones?

Honestly, I so don't get what you mean or where you are driving at?

iPhone runs on Android OS eh?
Okay.
What I'm driving at is: If you go down to specifics, this is not appealing to me or my knowledge on how Android phones perform. You trying to tell me I don't know my onions is not accepted, since you're not giving convincing specifics either.
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Dandsome: 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
With the way things are going, everywhere you turn will soon be Tecno. Honestly, Tecno is the most used phone in Nigeria
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by DesChyko: 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Norman4real:
to be honest, 1gb ram is good enough for daily use, it comes down to how the phone's os optimises that ram. I once had a c8 and its 1gb ram was so laggy, however on the phantom a+ which also uses 1gb ram operation was smooth.
And for the battery issue, 3000mah is quite ordinary these days, but then again for that price range its worth the money, a moderate user can use it for most of the day.

Exactly. This phone is ultimately for a moderate user. A+ didn't come with all these fancy RAM eaters. And 3000mAh for a 720 × 1280 HD screen is suicide for a person who really wants to 'use' the phone. But then, it's a good price.
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
Pandorabox:

it seems you don't know that the owner of Infinix is also the owner of tecno
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
KINGwax007:
trassion holdings. Also known as Tecno telecom limited, is the same company that manufactures all infinix, Tecno and itel..

And for your information, infinix, in all its beauty is a substandard phone. If you want to knw more, unscrew an infinix and you'll be surprised that non of its integrated circuits are covered.

Below is a pix of infinix hot 3 and tecno boom j 7

That is why infinix are prone to damage more quickly than any tecno product, but sells more because of the beauty..

It's just a strategy to make more money by TRASSION..

why are you naw opening it like This
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by johnstar(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Pandorabox:
hello beautiful
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by oluwadaemilola: 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
not bad
tho fingerprint scanner and igb ram ?!
its like giving it a car and taking away the tyres
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by shiftback: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2016
oluwadaemilola:
not bad
tho fingerprint scanner and igb ram ?!
its like giving it a car and taking away the tyres
What??, this analogy is so wrong.
A car without the tyres is useless.
Now what is the correlation between the RAM and a fingerprint scanner? The fingerprint scanner won't work on a 1GB RAM phone?
Biko explain
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by oluwadaemilola: 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
shiftback:

What??, this analogy is so wrong.
A car without the tyres is useless.
Now what is the correlation between the RAM and a fingerprint scanner? The fingerprint scanner won't work on a 1GB RAM phone?
Biko explain
Bruh
i meant that people attracted to the phone because of the availability of the finger print scanner will be discouraged because of the low ram
you wouldnt buy a car with no tyres now will ya ?
peace
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by ritababe(f): 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
oluwadaemilola:

Bruh
i meant that people attracted to the phone because of the availability of the finger print scanner will be discouraged because of the low ram
you wouldnt buy a car with no tyres now will ya ?
peace

bro if you want a phone with fingerprint scanner with good ram go and buy phantom 6 plus, it has 4 ram so you can use it anyhow you want, this W5 is just perfect because asuming they increase the ram so also will the price increase.
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by oluwadaemilola: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2016
ritababe:

bro if you want a phone with fingerprint scanner with good ram go and buy phantom 6 plus, it has 4 ram so you can use it anyhow you want, this W5 is just perfect because asuming they increase the ram so also will the price increase.
6plus kwa
I pass my boundary its like you don't want me to eat throughout that month
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by oluwadaemilola: 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
Confam
But no be everyone get the money na
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Techm8: 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
DesChyko:

Exactly. This phone is ultimately for a moderate user. A+ didn't come with all these fancy RAM eaters. And 3000mAh for a 720 × 1280 HD screen is suicide for a person who really wants to 'use' the phone. But then, it's a good price.
720p display is perfectly ok on a 3000mah battery. Hell, even the phantom 6 that has a FHD display comes with 2700mah and last a whole day on moderate use.
so I don't understand why you think HD display on 3000mah battery is suicide.
Re: New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* by Dabsey: 1:40am On Nov 06, 2016
Lmaooo... Hian i wonder oo. person wey na tecno em dey use
mikool007:
you and wh? which iphone 7....hv u touchd d device b4? ehn!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Bank Cards Work With Spotify Premium? / MODIFIED: How To Get Free Wifi Connection Anywhere, Anytime. / Innjoo Max 2 Plus Phone Specs & Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.