Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. (1569 Views)

Econet Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights In Africa / Free To Air Channes In Intelsat 7/10ku;68.5 East And Nss7/ku;22w Satelites / Daarsat Now Free To Air Now On Intelsat 907 Spot2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. by joftech(m): 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2005
Kindly share your experience(s) with free to air services in Nigeria.

I want you to know the best decoder, antenna, satellite(s) and your tracking methods.

Your expereince with free channels and radio services on DSTV are also welcome.

Thanks.
Re: Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. by Seun(m): 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2006
What' a free-to-air service? Do you mean commercial TV stations like AIT, Channels and STV?
Re: Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. by baabolight(m): 12:54am On Mar 23, 2006
He means TV stations that you receive through your dish but are FREE.  You need special decoders to receive such stations/channels.

Most technicians charge based on your bargaining power and location.  Most stations are however from the Eastern bloc i.e. Arab stations.
Re: Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. by Seun(m): 2:34am On Mar 23, 2006
Thanks for sharing. Can you list some of the free-to-stations that people are watching in Nigeria right now?
Re: Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. by baabolight(m): 2:55am On Mar 23, 2006
I am not subscribed to any of the stations as at date, however I will get the information and get back to you.
Re: Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. by baabolight(m): 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2006
@ seun

For N30,000:00 (Thirty Thousand Naira only) you get a DECODER, A DISH with INSTALLATION while receiving about 16 stations.  Notable among the stations are SABC1, SABC2, FASHION TV, MUTV, etc.

Actually, a Trade Fair is on at OSUBI in WARRI, Delta State with a team from Lagos with the above.  The contact person can be reached on cyc67uk@yahoo.com. 

The outfit is from ALABA INT. MARKET.

While trying to get back to post this, I used the  SEARCH ENGINE on this forum with the words "FREE TO AIR", another write-up on this topic with more details came up.  I think you should see that as well.

Happy searching!
Re: Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. by chatykrew(m): 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2007
with free to air on east bloc, i have been enjoying it mbc 2,3,4 action. though i bought all for just 25,000 dish,decode(strong), lnb and i have been enjoying it currently in Lafia Nasarawa State
Re: Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. by bigspif(m): 11:01am On Aug 28, 2007
The best decorder i guess is Strong franchise. There is the latest version which came out in to the market recently equipped with a card reader. Infact with that you can hack all the coded channels with it as in internet crack. Very easy to maipulate and program. Eurostar use to be good but they are yet to flood the market with thier latest products for a while now.
The fav channels on FTA are the MBC english franchise especilally MBC Action and MBC 4. I enjoy AlJazeera News too.
Re: Free-to-Air Service: Share your experience. by kevin96(m): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2007
@big spif,
thanks for your update.
but i will still need you advice.
can any of this free to air stuff gives you nollywood movies.
pls help broda

(1) (Reply)

Under The Dome / What's Happening To GOTHAM / Nollywood Movie 2017 Latest: The Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.