Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (95551 Views)

"Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by HIScraziness(m): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2016
macof:

How I'm I stupid? don't go around using words that you don't understand. .. a person as moronic enough to call the coronation of the Oba of Benin a piece of shiit is nothing but a shiit brain. .. you see shiit all over your life

Okay, I understand perfectly the reason why you're acting all pained. Being a traditionalist doesn't make you a scamp or daft minded, need I say your brainlessness is palpable?? Doesn't take being a scholar to understand that someone gat a right to his opinion undecided undecidedoh no an unsophisticated mentally backward mofo would never understand that! Like I said, you could go gulp down some poison if my moniker is driving u nuts
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by nizetee: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2016
CULTure?

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by freeedosa(m): 11:36am On Oct 20, 2016
Hi Friends,
Searching for Information, Ideas, Arts, Creativity, Technology, Photography, World Politics.......

https://medium.com/frictional-autobiography/too-much-konkobility-in-my-village-e2e7941bb647?source=linkShare-871f9cf7fe55-1476955681

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by tonquendo4u(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
HIScraziness:
Piece of shiit!!
Emancipate urself from mental slavery,non but ourselves can free our mind...Its culture and tradition and its our identity.Christianity is someone else's culture.B proud of urs

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by macof(m): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
HIScraziness:

Okay, I understand perfectly the reason why you're acting all pained. Being a traditionalist doesn't make you a scamp or daft minded, need I say your brainlessness is palpable?? Doesn't take being a scholar to understand that someone gat a right to his opinion undecided undecidedoh no an unsophisticated mentally backward mofo would never understand that! Like I said, you could go gulp down some poison if my moniker is driving u nuts

you are very stuupid to think insulting a people's ancestral heritage is opinion that should be respected. I guess you don't have much respect for your father, if u did you would know how to respect not just other people's fathers but your ancestry and theirs too

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by gemale(m): 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
My own b say if Dem kill anybody 4 jazz purpose, make almighty God no allow dem get any peace & progress 4 ds lyf. If Dem shed any innocent blood 4 ds ceremony, make God visit 7X d consequences on top dem head IJN.
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by marwanafrica: 12:50am On Oct 21, 2016
Benin people and nupe people who get witch pass?
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Ayobami7(m): 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
this is my comment
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by jbblues24(m): 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2019
I like to wax my legs and stick the hair on my back. Why? Because it keeps my back warm. There's method in my madness. tongue
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by OneNigerian: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
Half of the young people who live in Nigeria are backwards mentally, colonised spiritually and reprogrammed beyond redemption by their former colonial masters. They are reprogrammed living zombies and don’t even know it. They hate their own culture and think that their ancestors were a backward race simply because they practiced a different religion from Christianity and Islam. Who cares really? I am proudly Nigerian, I am proud of all of our ancestors from Bini to Bini republic, Ghana and the Hausa tribes beyond the Great mega Lake Chad of 8,000 years ago the biggest lake on the planet back then, I am proud of my ancient Egyptian black ancestors. Africa belong to us black peoples and it’s the biggest and most blessed continent in the world. The planet is nothing and would be nothing without Africa. That doesn’t mean that the rest of the world want us Africans to be here. They (the powers that he in the west) keep us busy with civil wars, epidemic outbreaks etc and keep busy manufacturing weapons and selling it to us to wipe ourselves out so they can take our continent when we are all gone. Africans are so stupid and blinded they can’t see the big picture instead Nigerians argue and insult each other instead of being learning out to live together peacefully and becoming united so
We can lead the African continent and her peoples to a greater destiny and an amazing future with the resources at our disposal. Leave our cultures and traditions alone, and that includes the gods of our ancestors. Yes juju and voodoo or whatever you choose to call it. I live in Europe and they still practice medieval cultural traditions every now and then and they enjoy wearing costumes mimicking the lost culture of their ancestors from the dark ages. We haven’t, colonisation didn’t take it all from us. Most Africans have lost the most important part of their identity and history.

Muslim West Africans colonised Spain once before Europeans invaded Africa for revenge and with intent to destroy everything that makes paradise special. Yes some of our ancestral religions and practices were not that good and would have been evolved or be dumped over time. It’s sad when you see a Nigerian write Igbo as Igbo. That person is either an illiterate or a sad lost soul without identity. White peoples learned how to carve ivory like the Binis and they just weren’t that good at it and they make excuses like they didn’t have enough access to ivory. Almost all of the great and larger populations of elephants in Africa were slaughtered in just 200 years since the arrival of the white msn and he still can’t carve ivory like the Asian or African because these skills evolve into perfection over time and he is too young to master it so he gave up. West Africans don’t even have an idea of Africa’s history or the last 25,000 years in West Africa. White peoples brought modern technology because black Africans woke them up to kickstart the renaissance and the dawn of western civilisation after the dark ages. White peoples with their religion (Christianity and technology also deliberately destabilised and enslaved and underdeveloped African and brought global warming because they are very young as a race still learning at a terrible cost for the planet. Now they are planting trees. We learned to live in the jungles and rainforests by maintaining balance by not destroying it at all cost for profit over 50,000 years ago. Egyptian black Africans gave Europe progressive farming, knowledge about how to read and write and the calendar that was modified to the one you use today. Until modern technologies changed farming Europeans were still farming like ancient Egyptians did using cows or horses. Same method. Books were burned in the dark ages and the Moors brought mathematics to Spain from India and translated Greek knowledge from Arabic back into European languages. Nigerians need to respect their history, traditions and culture. Forget that nonsense they say about Juju or Voodoo in Nigeria. The British Royal family is superstitious too. They keep crows in the palace because they believed that something bad would happen to the nation or kingdom when those black birds are gone. Christianity and technology couldn’t change that. They even clip the wings of the poor bird and feed them enough to keep them trapped there. Christianity and Islam are a good religion if practiced well yes. As a Christian I can tell you that bringing those two foreign religions to Africa was the worst thing that ever happened to our beloved continent. Christians along with their musli collaborators commuted the worst crimes in the history of man kind for centuries. “The trans Atlantic slave trade of black peoples. Many ancient peoples were destroyed and plucked out of their motherland never to return home. Their identities, names and religions changed on the pain of death forever and we never got and compensation. Once the slave trade ended the white man congratulated himself for finally becoming a civilised being and compensated himself for the loss of their slaves. In other words, if you owned black African slaves at the end of slavery you have won the lottery jackpot. They paid out huge sums of money that ensures that most of the descendants of these criminals are still rich today and the institution that came out of them are world class today. The black man now freed was forced to work for another 7 years for free, his ancient motherlands were divided and invaded for profits. The white man used foreign religions to enslave us Africans socially, psychologically, to program our thoughts and to control us mentally with a remote control called the Bible and to dominate and assimilate us culturally. Look at Nigeria and this Fulani incidents. It would never have happened if Islam, ethnic and tribal divisions wasn’t a major factor. We should praise the Bini empire, the Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa tribes and all of our indigenous ethnic groups for keeping our culture and traditions alive and we must do whatever it takes to keep these practices alive, record and abolish they ones that we perceived as bad so long as Christianity and Islam did not enforce those views. Only morality should. The British and other white European and Western nations do not love Africa and never would. They just see us as an all you can eat, ripe juicy meal ready to be plucked for free or at the cheapest cost and that view would never change unless we resolve our differences and unite as a continent against Europe economically. Copying them wouldn’t make us civilised enough in their views. They wrote the rule book. They see colours even when they pretend not to. Only 40 percent of them are fair and love us and those of them that do are the common ones without powers. So they can’t really make a great difference. The powerful once worship paper money and the would do anything to keep things just the way they are and they are very smart, very clever and can play us like we are pieces on a chess board. They killed all of their old gods for business because Christianity was just business to them at first. Kings used it to control their subjects. It was used to enslave African Americans. Wake up Nigeria, appreciate our culture and look back to our cultural identities and unite so we can sprint out from the past to our future knowing who we were and who we can be. Who are you and who do you want to become. That should be the question we should be asking ourselves. The Bini coronation ceremony is beautiful, there is nothing bad about it.
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by MYZOLE: 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ikwerre Names & Their Meanings / Yoruba Incantations. . . . . / 4 Nigerian Slangs Currently Making The Rounds On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.