Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank (23700 Views)

Umidigi Cons....think Twice Before Buying!! BETTER BUY XIAOMI!! / How To Identify An Original Power Bank / 5 Very Important Things To Note Before Buying Any Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 20, 2016
The FIL power bank i bought from a FIL DEALER at computer village is FAKE!...buyers beware!
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Lemonade01(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2016
Topics like thèse are what made me stick to nairaland. Not cleavage this, baby bump/snake that undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Sistem007(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2016
loveslife:
Wow shocked have never used the 2.1 amp output in charging my device before. Because I was told it's only for tablets. No wonder my phone does not, charge fast.changed up to five chargers thinking they were fake and as such the USb not giving my battery the right amount of charge. Had even planned getting another charger today sef. God bless u op.

Power bank or charger?
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by ophilly: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Lemonade01:
Topics like thèse are what made me stick to nairaland. Not cleavage this, baby bump/snake that undecided
Most people stick to NL because of cleavage this, baby bump that;Tonto this, Jenifa that. Check how many people have viewed a topic each time you read them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 20, 2016
I bought a solar power bank, tried to charge it with the sun but it seemed to take forever to charge, op can you give us a good brand one can get a solar power bank or am I simply charging it the wrong way?,to think I bought it online
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by GoodMuyis(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2016
DlawTECHY:
Portable battery chargers, better known as power Bank have become a great utility for Smartphone users as it not only helps to keep your devices charged up while on-the-move, but also because they in spite of being handy and portable, can charge your Smartphone and tablet multiple times depending on the capacity.

You have to consider some salient factors such as:

1. Power Output:

Your power bank capacity doesn’t matter as much as the power output of a power bank .The most prime reason for buying is to charge your device and if fails to do that right, it just as good as a plastic box.All devices which people use needs at least 2 Ampere to charge it .So before buying a power bank check, at least, one of the two output ports has a 2.1 Ampere output .

Many people complain that while charging the phone the battery percentage still decreases.The answer is simple if your rate of charging is lower than the rate of discharging the battery percentage will decrease and may also reach zero and the phone might switch off.

Advantages of high-power output power banks are:-

Phone charges quickly
Usage of phone and charging can be done together
Rate of charging is always greater than rate of discharging of your phone.

2.Type of battery cells

Li-ion and Li-poly are nothing but two variations of the battery cells which are popularly used to constitute the best power banks. Most of the battery packs go for the Li-ion as they are cheaper but portable chargers being constituted with Li-ion tends to become much bulkier in comparison to the Li-Poly.

Not only Li-poly, being sleeker, can provide the provision to the manufacturers to manipulate the size and shape of the power banks further, they are safer in terms of usage as well. A Li-Po Battery can also retain its charge longer.

3.Power Capacity

The next important thing you should consider is power capacity after the above two.This depends solely depends on what devices you are using.The power bank’s capacity should be at least 2.5 times your phone’s capacity to get 2 full charges out of it.Only 70% of a power bank’s capacity is usable .

For example, If i buy a 9,000MAH power bank to charge a phone with 3000MAH battery .The usable power I can use is just 6300MAAH which will only give 2 full charges, not 3 as per expectation.

4.Weight and Form Factor

The power bank is also called a portable charger so you would want to buy a portable and not a bulky one.Not all power banks are really portable to carry around.If you always carry your power bank to where ever you go you should consider a light power bank with a sleek design. Everyone wants a power bank that you can carry about at all time.

5. The number of USB ports

Number of ports on a Power Bank plays the vital role if you are going to have a need to charge multiple devices simultaneously. Usually most of the portable chargers below 10000 MAH capacity (smaller capacity) do not come up with multiple output port option. The reason is obvious; they are simply not large enough to charge up more than one device at a time.

By the way, it is important to know the number of output ports of a power bank affect output current when charging multiple devices at the same time. To get more clear about this, let’s take the example of the Mi 16000MAH power bank, which comes with two USB output ports (whereas the 10400MAH variant has only one output port) and claims to charge devices (Smartphone or tablet) at 2.1 A at 5V.

However, this claim is only true when charging only one device at a time. When you use both ports at the same time, this particular power bank is capable of providing at max 3 A at 5 V (i.e. 1.5 A per port) instead of otherwise presumed 4.2 A. So, before picking one battery pack, especially if fast charging is a priority to you, then this aspect should be taken care of scrupulously.

6. Buy from respected brands
Never become excited at power banks selling extremely cheap especially when they are unbranded, where those power banks not only failed to charge the phone, but also damaged the devices severely.

So be careful while balancing between quality and price, when particularly it comes to a power bank. Some good brands of power bank include jakery giant, lumsing power bank, romoss, veeda etc.
Link
https://dlawtechy./2016/10/18/6-salient-and-important-things-you-need-to-consider-before-purchasing-a-power-bank/

Cc lalasticlala, honsule, mynd44

Techlector
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Adeolu4(m): 9:57am On Oct 20, 2016
My tecno 12000ah is rocking hot
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 10:02am On Oct 20, 2016
Stealthideals24:

I bought a 30000mah capacity pb. It packed up after a week. I angrily threw it away. How can I get a good shop to buy original pb?

Check reputable gadget shops such as Slot etc. When you get there don't just ask for any power bank. You can ask for the following brands though the price might be high but it is definitely worth it.
Brands you should look out for in Nigeria.
1- Samsung
2- Lumsing
3- Romoss
4- New age
5- Xiaomi

In my post I mentioned some other pb but they are not so popular in Nigeria except you get them online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by tosyne2much(m): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
I bought a solar power bank, tried to charge it with the sun but it seemed to take forever to charge, op can you give us a good brand one can get a solar power bank or am I simply charging it the wrong way?,to think I bought it online
The truth is that most solar power banks are fake. They take forever to charge while they drain so quickly

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 10:12am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:

Most solar power banks are fake. Some of them the light reflecting that it's charging under the sun is actually not connected to the so called solar power bank. The light will just shine when under lightning condition. That's why if seems to charge like forever. There are actually some great solar power banks though.. Will drop recommendations too.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Enigma90(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:

anker from aliexpress....thank me later

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
The truth is that most solar power banks are fake. They take forever to charge while they drain so quickly
That's why I bought it from a popular online store, seems I wasted my money,wanted to use it to try the credibility of online products seems they are all same
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
That's why I bought it from a popular online store, seems I wasted my money,wanted to use it to try the credibility of online products seems they are all same

Not all online products are fake. There are different sellers online and so with different products.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by tosyne2much(m): 10:18am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
The truth of the matter is that when you charge it with sunlight, it take forever while the battery diminiahes quickly unlike when you charge it with a charger

BTW, how much did you buy it?
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 10:21am On Oct 20, 2016
mesheikh:
Nice tips.. hav d intention of buyin a power Bank 1 or dis days pls recommend d best 4 me so I can purchase it

Brands you should look out for in Nigeria.
1- Samsung
2- Lumsing
3- Romoss
4- New age
5- Xiaomi

In my post I mentioned some other pb but they are not so popular in Nigeria except you get them online.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2016
Enigma90:

anker from aliexpress....thank me later
I bought this type from a very popular online store, and if I am correct aliexpress is a supplier to this particular online store
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
The truth of the matter is that when you charge it with sunlight, it take forever while the battery diminiahes quickly unlike when you charge it with a charger

BTW, how much did you buy it?
#7450, and obviously will be my last time to patronise them, I only thought they will be more credible
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 20, 2016
DlawTECHY:

Not all online products are fake. There are different sellers online and so with different products.
why allow a supplier with substandard product use your platform to sell fake products to customers?, it's only a daint on their reputation not the supplier, my own concern is I paid my money to the only retailer not the supplier, so I don't funding care who.the supplier is,anyway, the online store has been flagged,my fist and last time of buying form them, all this online stores are no different from shops we go to
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by tosyne2much(m): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
#7450, and obviously will be my last time to patronise them, I only thought they will be more credible
Just manage it you hear? cheesy
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
why allow a supplier with substandard product use your platform to sell fake products to customers?, it's only a daint on their reputation not the supplier, my own concern is I paid my money to the only retailer not the supplier, so I don't funding care who.the supplier is,anyway, the online store has been flagged,my fist and last time of buying form them, all this online stores are no different from shops we go to

I get your point. You need many people try to sell their product on the platform and its not really so easy to check all products that are being sold there..
But I advice you when buying from an online shop , buy from the shop directly. E.g when buying from Jumia you can buy directly from humus and not from other stores in jumia. It's safer and better that way.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
Just manage it you hear? cheesy
I have no choice but to do just that, but that online store has been flagged
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2016
DlawTECHY:

I get your point. You need many people try to sell their product on the platform and its not really so easy to check all products that are being sold there..
But I advice you when buying from an online shop , buy from the shop directly. E.g when buying from Jumia you can buy directly from humus and not from other stores in jumia. It's safer and better that way.
how the hell am I supposed to know who is who?,I went to their website and made an order and paid to them, Abeg don't vex me
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by tosyne2much(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2016
DlawTECHY:

Most solar power banks are fake. Some of them the light reflecting that it's charging under the sun is actually not connected to the so called solar power bank. The light will just shine when under lightning condition. That's why if seems to charge like forever. There are actually some great solar power banks though.. Will drop recommendations too.
I'm inclined to agree with you sir... The light that reflects under any slight lighting condition is usually fake. The light only deceives you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
how the hell am I supposed to know who is who?,I went to their website and made an order and paid to them, Abeg don't vex me

Not trying to vex you. But you can open jumia website on your device and try purchasing. You going to see the seller details.
If its jumia then it will be written there but if it's other stores it will also be written there. That's what I mean.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 20, 2016
DlawTECHY:

Not trying to vex you. But you can open jumia website on your device and try purchasing. You going to see the seller details.
If its jumia then it will be written there but if it's other stores it will also be written there. That's what I mean.
I used konga, I can see where you are going, both jumia and Kong have been flagged, as far as I am concerned, I suspect you work there too, so Mr, just leave it at that
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
I used konga, I can see where you are going, both jumia and Kong have been flagged, as far as I am concerned, I suspect you work there too, so Mr, just leave it at that

I don't work there actually. It really makes me feel bad especially when customers don't get ultimate satisfaction from the products they purchase. All good Miss. Your decision is paramount here.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by airsaylongcon: 11:25am On Oct 20, 2016
Stealthideals24:

I bought a 30000mah capacity pb. It packed up after a week. I angrily threw it away. How can I get a good shop to buy original pb?

I used to get very reliable powerbanks from Slye and Habeebpain here on NL. I have bought over 4 reliable ones from them (aside from the two I got for my dad)

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by airsaylongcon: 11:28am On Oct 20, 2016
mesheikh:
Nice tips.. hav d intention of buyin a power Bank 1 or dis days pls recommend d best 4 me so I can purchase it

On a budget buy Romoss or Lumsing. I have used a lot of Lumsing and can vouch for it.

For pricey version go for Swiss Mobility (I can supply you this). Though pricey, they are more readily available and top top quality
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by airsaylongcon: 11:35am On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:

Lemme explain how these online stores work. They operate as an aggregation of buyers and sellers, a marketplace. They do not own the products rather sellers register on the platform and offer their products for sale. Several sellers can offer the same products at different prices. They can also offer fakes. I suggest you write a review of the product from the particular seller you bought it from.

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 20, 2016
airsaylongcon:

I used to get very reliable powerboats from Slot and Habeebpain here on NL. I have bought over 4 reliable ones from them (aside from the two I got for my dad)

Thanks, bro.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Royaldiana(f): 11:37am On Oct 20, 2016
[sup][/sup]
LabiaDestroyerr:
Nice one op
plz what's OP?full meaning
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Sunkyphil(m): 11:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Dats y i love my power bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked / Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 / MTN '*556# Is No Longer Working [*310#] Is The New Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.