Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

The River - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The River (38015 Views)

Romance On The River - Book Review / Cries From The River “nun” Poem, Dedicated To Gabriel Imomotimi Okara / Murica: My River Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The River by cherrybrown(f): 6:57am On Nov 20, 2016
Lleigh:
cc
baddchristy sod09 willzz greatface mirob wayner10
Cherrybrown johnsown1 Ozila evakinqz yinks89 olojuede01 yurme
Thank you,ritababe
Re: The River by cherrybrown(f): 6:58am On Nov 20, 2016
Lleigh:
cc
fiyah Ritababe Hfinest1 Cherrybrown Evatryst Miraxzeebility Drnoel Purityval Snakie86 Olojuede1 Coolval22 Mynd44 Seun Sampete Rock555 Angeless Mainland SFTW Victvames sEXGY2 Buzzboy Ozila Austinblinks Lagusta Henz24
Thank you
Re: The River by Creeza(m): 9:56am On Nov 20, 2016
For a moment I thought I could see the boy... Scary, and haunting. Lleigh nice piece and the dialogue said it all.

Thanks for the dedication.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The River by johnwizey: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2016
Eliora don enter am, scary but interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mehn Lleigh i love u

pass add more scary and horror part to the story.....................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by girlhaley(f): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
So Eliora can see and hear Tj

I thought Danny is d only ghost she do see o

Is Eliora d daughter of Tj's uncle

Maybe or maybe not......Lliegh can only answer that

Nice one ma'am......waiting for another updates

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Creeza:
For a moment I thought I could see the boy... Scary, and haunting. Lleigh nice piece and the dialogue said it all.

Thanks for the dedication.

You're very welcome creeza, as always thanks for stopping by.

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
johnwizey:
Eliora don enter am, scary but interesting

Hope you will stay glued for the ride.
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Prinxxdave:
Mehn Lleigh i love u

pass add more scary and horror part to the story.....................

Thank you Prinxxdave, please stay tuned
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
girlhaley:
So Eliora can see and hear Tj

I thought Danny is d only ghost she do see o

Is Eliora d daughter of Tj's uncle

Maybe or maybe not......Lliegh can only answer that

Nice one ma'am......waiting for another updates

Thank you for coming over and commenting......

we shall see....I am getting goosebumps too
Re: The River by adetomdx(m): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lleigh:
cc
Jagugu88li eniqurl dominique Iwakacome amtalkin Mhiz Yorhmienerd Jagugu88li Dominique Domance sexybbstar neeheeta Kphantom suwalee neeheeta StupidYorubaFool Laveda Sunshine46 elskillful IamLukas Mirob swann , remiseyi, MozB tunjilomo colik noblets adetomdx ashatoda spadazzy
present
Re: The River by johnwizey: 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lleigh:

Hope you will stay glued for the ride.
Sure ma'm
Re: The River by Creeza(m): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lleigh:

impossicant, the story is all in your head so why get goosebumps? grin funny
Re: The River by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 21, 2016
This is "The Medium" reloaded.

I almost stopped reading when you warned flagrancy, I'm glad I decided to continue. I read when the sun is up though, cant risk it grin

The say what a man can do, a woman can double it. Our lady wont be spooked, no. Avenge the boy

1 Like

Re: The River by bummybummy(f): 11:06am On Nov 21, 2016
Lleigh:
Cc
Ritababe Adesina12 Nastynic Bummybummy
; tnx for d mention
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
jagugu88li:
This is "The Medium" reloaded.

I almost stopped reading when you warned flagrancy, I'm glad I decided to continue. I read when the sun is up though, cant risk it grin

The say what a man can do, a woman can double it. Our lady wont be spooked, no. Avenge the boy

You can read when it's dark now wink

But thank you for reading and commenting

1 Like

Re: The River by remiseyi(m): 11:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
Lleigh:
cc
Jagugu88li eniqurl dominique Iwakacome amtalkin Mhiz Yorhmienerd Jagugu88li Dominique Domance sexybbstar neeheeta Kphantom suwalee neeheeta StupidYorubaFool Laveda Sunshine46 elskillful IamLukas Mirob swann , remiseyi, MozB tunjilomo colik noblets adetomdx ashatoda spadazzy

here now... thanks
Re: The River by girlhaley(f): 9:24am On Nov 22, 2016
Lleigh:

Lol.....you are kidding me

Come and update us biko
Re: The River by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2016
girlhaley:

Lol.....you are kidding me
grin grin If i get fired...
Re: The River by girlhaley(f): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2016
jagugu88li:
grin grin If i get fired...

Lol

Ayam not there o
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 10:56am On Nov 22, 2016
Jagugu88li and girlhaley

I only write the River in the middle night to get into the mood grin
Re: The River by MozB: 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
wow... Scary.
Nice one Lleigh.. Am following
but please do well to update often
Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lleigh Lleigh Lleigh

how many did call u ?

Pls come and update

i dy ontop Trump head dy beg u ooo

:*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 12:56am On Nov 23, 2016
Prinxxdave and Mozb

Please bear with me I will endeavour to update the River tomorrow night.

Please bear with me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
Lleigh:
Prinxxdave and Mozb
Please bear with me I will endeavour to update the River tomorrow night.
Please bear with me.
ok oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: The River by Adesina12: 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
This is my first time commenting here.
So Lleigh writes horror story too? I tot you are master of romance only!
This story has a lot of twist and somehow complicated
Does TJ want to revenge the sin of his uncle from Elora?
What's Elora relationship with TJ uncle and the old wizard?
Keep it coming bae.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
Adesina12:
This is my first time commenting here.
So Lleigh writes horror story too? I tot you are master of romance only!
This story has a lot of twist and somehow complicated
Does TJ want to revenge the sin of his uncle from Elora?
What's Elora relationship with TJ uncle and the old wizard?
Keep it coming bae.

Hi Adesina12......the romance actually came about due to writers block.

But thank for being with me at all three. ...hope you enjoy the River.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Adesina12: 11:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
Lleigh:

Hi Adesina12......the romance actually came about due to writers block.

But thank for being with me at all three. ...hope you enjoy the River.

Sure I am enjoying myself
Fenks.
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 11:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
dedicated to Adesina12, girlhaley, Prinxxdave, Mozb, jagugu88li, swann,

Chapter 8

Edward stood in front of the floor to ceiling windows, in his apartment, watching the people below, walking around Canary Wharf going about their business lost in the synthesised music blaring out of their headphones. The sun warming his face, made the sweat on his skin glisten in the sunlight, the towel round his shoulders, was soaked, having just returned from a gruelling workout in the basement gym of the building.

He turned away from the window, to the bathroom to have a shower, he had a lot of paperwork and calls to make today, when his mobile rang; the name flashing on the screen was one he had not heard from in a while and could not ignore.

‘Hello’ as he listened to the person on the other end.

‘Ok, I’ll see you shortly,’ ending the call.

His leisurely day had just been interrupted; as he walked into the bathroom, he had been planning on putting some paper work in place for the business venture he was currently working on; instead he now needed to get himself over to Peckham as soon as possible, wishing he had never picked up the phone as he walked into the shower, the powerful jets relieving the aches from the intense workout he had done earlier that morning.

At 6’1 Edward was broad shouldered, with an athletic build, he worked out at least three times a week and it showed in the muscle definition of his body. His brown wavy hair was cut close to his head, a quick shave and he was ready to leave.

Ten minutes later he was in the lift taking him to the underground car park. She was there waiting for him in the corner he had parked her last night, her curves gleaming, shining, inviting admiring looks in the distance, the envy of the other sedate cars parked next to her.

He had been torn between black and grey but the grey had won out, she was a thing of beauty, the workshop in Germany had done a fantastic job on the RS8, taking her sexy sleek frame from ordinary to extraordinary, as he slid his fingers along the bumper, delicately like a lover’s caress.

Driving out of the garage, he turned left, the sultry voice of the sat nav warning him of the speed camera ahead. The call had come in early in the afternoon, giving him a relatively free rein of the roads, rather than the never ending traffic of south east London at rush hour which started once the kids finished school. The congestion zone having done nothing to ease the flow of traffic in this part of the capital.

Fiddling with a knob on the dashboard, while trying to concentrate on his driving, he wished there was a traffic jam, there were soo many knobs he needed to get acquainted with to fully appreciate this beauty.

Driving through the Limehouse tunnel, he continued on the A2 till he got to Peckham 40 minutes later, thankful when he found a parking bay right in front of the house.

Locking the car as he walked to the front door, he glanced back at the car, hoping she would still be in one piece when he got back.
He could hear movement inside the house and he hoped he did not have any customers; he liked his privacy and Baba’s customers were not the type who practiced discretion, he looked out of place in relation to Baba’s regular customers.

Edward rang the doorbell, listening for movement inside the flat as the occupant came to the door.

‘Ah, Edward, it’s you, come on in’ as he beckoned him in.

Baba, was wearing a baggy pair of jeans, his white shirt looked crisp and new. Baba who Edward guessed must be about 60 looked well and very healthy.

He had hardly aged since the last time he had seen him, he actually looked very well, business must be booming, Edward thought.

He led them into the living room; it had been redecorated from the last time Edward had been there as he looked around the room. The curtains were new, pale yellow and the carpet was now a green shade of blue. Some of the artefacts had been removed but other than that most of the living room was still the same.

‘Would you like a drink’ Baba asked, as he walked towards the kitchen.

‘I’ll have a coke if you have any’ Edward replied, it would be rude not to accept the offer.

Baba returned shortly with two cans of coke and two glasses placing them on the coffee table in front of Edward.

Baba sat opposite Edward in the living room

‘I have not seen you for a while Edward, how is your business doing’ opening his can.

‘It’s so so, Baba, I have been hit by the economic downturn, which has been hard for anyone in any business to avoid’.
‘But some bits are doing quite very well, so I can’t complain’. Edward said.

‘Good to hear that’ Baba replied

‘Let me get right to the point. We need to give her something soon, or she might get angry’ Baba said.

‘But I thought, we would not have to anything for a while’ Edward said looking a bit pensive.

‘With these things the situation changes all the time’ Baba said.

‘They like being feted and looked after, they don’t tolerate neglect and you have neglected it’ Baba continued.

‘Especially as you have that new venture you are about to go into’ staring at Edward as he took a sip of his drink.

Edward set his drink on the table a slight tremor in his hands. There was no point asking him how he knew.

‘How much time do I have?’ Edward said.

‘I can buy you some time, but you need to let me know when we can do it and we will have to take the weather and other elements into consideration’ Baba said.

‘Let me think about this and get back to you’ Edward said pulling some fluff off his suit.

‘In the meantime bring back three live chickens here tomorrow and we can use that to appease her’.

‘Is there anything else I should be aware of this time?’ Edward asked.

‘Not really, just that she wants a young girl this time’ the old man replied staring at him as he drained the rest of his drink in the glass.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The River by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 24, 2016
Get rich quick scheme is taking a toll on Edward...... I'm sure that SHE they are referring to is not an actual she, can't be. She's a HE, I refuse

Baba is doing Edward well....chai!

My headache...whose child is it going to be

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 7:02am On Nov 24, 2016
Am confuse who d fvck is Edward and where is uncle Charles.

1 Like

Re: The River by mirob(f): 7:03am On Nov 24, 2016
So even in the western countries they have this kind of thing? I wonder if it's only blacks that patronize baba or do whites patronize him too? Edward is in trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tears Of A Soldier............ A Military War Story / Love Cycle [pre-destiny] / Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.