Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

The Ember Months And High Death Rate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ember Months And High Death Rate (11030 Views)

New Hydroxychloroquine Study Proves Trump Right, Says It Cuts Death Rate / Fear Of Ember Months: Who Is To Blame? Demons Or Man / This Ember Months you shall not Weep, Download The Song For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ember Months And High Death Rate by chiraqDemon(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2016
Yesterday i was discussing with a friend (she is very religious) and we happened to talk about the ember months and she was like that death rates and calamities increase during the ember months N'landers i want to know your opinion and is there any proof (statistics and numbers) that death rates increase in ember months and all that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Ganjafama(m): 11:42am On Oct 20, 2016
African backward mentality. It is the unnecessary rush to "hammer" before the Xmas that is causing accidents and deaths.

22 Likes

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Mustiboy(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ember month sha.
Well, something terrible happened during the ember month some years back at alaba international market. I was not there sha o, na hear say.
Two brothers went to alaba to buy some gadgets and on getting there, the sellers asked them to come inside and select what they wanted so they could negotiate. The elder brother obliged to coming inside but the younger one refused and decided to stay outside. They tried all they could to persuade him but he was hell bent on staying outside. Some minutes later, the elder brother had not come outside and the younger one was curious now and asked after his brother for the shop was big. You wouldn't believe these sellers denied his brother ever coming into their shop. Being confused, the guy went to call policemen and they searched the shop but that guy was nowhere to be found. The police were already givin up but the guy was able 2 convince them that his brother actually entered that shop while the shop owners denied. Curious, the police started another search and this time, they were raising things up, rugs, carpets and behold! A hole was dug in the shop and to everyone's dismay, human parts were being kept there but the guy's brother had already died. Everything was brought out sha and the shop owners were all arrested.
In case you're doubting; about 3 people that went to alaba the day it happened told me that same day, including my mom.
Now, my question is: are these things real? Baba alawoship, blood money and all that. Are they real?

5 Likes

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Coldfeet(f): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Technically true..
Accidents are usually higher during this period due to impatients and reckless driving all to meet up with target for Christmas shopping and spending.

Plus the mammoth exodus of my Igbo people to the east which makes luxury bus owners to bring out all their rickety buses that are no longer road worthy use, all they will do is body work! (There's no money but go to jibowu park one early morning and see the mad rush going on there as people are already sending goods home)

Ritualist nko?
Kidnapper's ?
Olosho?
Arm robbery?

All will be high this period.

Dues are also paid as the year ends...
Some include human sacrifice.

The ikate roundabout at lekki will collect some too always does.

8 Likes

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
I think what really leads to such calamities is the festivities that happen at the end of year and the new year.

Some people go home to their villages/hometown and in desperate need to impress those at home they engage in social vices. As well as those who want to wear the latest clothes, foot wears and cars in town at the moment just to celebrate and impress others.

There is also an air of recklessness, so to put it, people tend to throw caution to the wind perhaps the buzz of the festivities and they drive recklessly, sleep around without due protection and all manner of pleasure seeking activities that may cause harm to themselves and others around once caution is thrown into the wind.

I don't know about spiritual forces, not that am saying they don't exist. But I believe what I stated above are majorly responsible.

1 Like

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by OGeeKush(m): 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
Bunch of BS undecided

1 Like

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by SenatorTobijah(m): 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ember Month is a period all the igbo hustlers in Malaysia will come home with all the money they suffered to save. Intimidate their friends, chase the finest girl. Then go broke to start from square one

21 Likes

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by RentALodge: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
Most people think these months are riskier and full of more evil than the rest of the months, i.e. January to August. This can’t be farther from the truth.

The last major earthquake in Haiti didn’t happen in an “ember” month. The last major earthquake in Japan didn’t happen in an “ember” month. Boko Haram and ISIS didn’t kill people only in ember months.

Lassa and Ebola didn’t happen only in “ember” months. 40 million people died this year, before September 2016. Close to 900,000 died of motor accidents this year, before September.

If you remember, June 2016 was one of the deadliest months this year, and it isn’t an “ember” months. Ember months is a myth, fueled by superstition and folly.

When someone dies in January or March or July, people think it’s normal. When someone dies in November, they think it’s abnormal because the year is going to an end and people must see it thru. They’ve forgotten that someone who shouts “Happy New Year,” can die in January and February or March. It doesn’t make any difference.

Anyone taking one month as being more important than the other is not in their right mind.

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**

6 Likes

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by otijah(m): 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
I think my fellow brothers in the east made ember months in Nigeria look so deadly, because that's when they tend to show off, what they are made of, and how they made it. There is always competition among themselves when they go home for Christmas and should anyone who sees himself as been left out before that period sizes the opportunity to use the ember months to commits heavy fetish crimes just to meet up with the others before Christmas.
So generally I see Ember months like every other months, just that my brothers from the rising sun has made it scary months among all.
SenatorTobijah:
Ember Month is a period all the igbo hustlers in Malaysia will come home with all the money they suffered to save. Intimidate their friends, chase the finest girl. Then go broke to start from square one
The major reason why I respect the igbos is that no matter how they squander or lavish their hard earn money they can never go broke. Because they are real hustlers, they are born to rich and above all the richest individual tribe in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by EyeHateGod: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
When people believe in Money Ritual more than hard work.. What do we Expect?

1 Like

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by sukkot: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
ember means fire. hot faya.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by health2016: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
that sounds crazy
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by tosyne2much(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
Another superstitious belief I have heard over tines is that men's joysticks reduce during ember months

Even Harvard University cannot put an end to the illiteracy of some Nigerians

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by 222Martins(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
SenatorTobijah:
This got me laughing!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Tonyosas101(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
black mentality

I guess it's cause of the Christmas/end of the
year is coming anxiety. People tends to lose
concentration and thrown everything into the
wind all in the name of "I must make money
before this year end" It's like the widely
accepted official time for individual KPI
reviews for everyone. Especially for people
that prefer spending their end of the year
holidays at their home town.
As a result of this, motorist are prone to
accidents due to lack of concentration,
thereby making people to be wary of the last
four months of the year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by ngmgeek(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
Superstition and fear, not good at all.

1 Like

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Olasco93: 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
What is true about Ember months, mostly December is that it's the period were Benin City, Edo State will be filled to capacity, (just like Wemble Stadium) with Edo Sons and Daughter from Italo, they and their new male or female maga Oyinbos.
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by mikeade11(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Don't let your mind be crippled with silly orientations, much importance was attached to year ending... No sense
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by negz1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
now I can read it
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Proffdada: 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
It's not really superstition but more events are tied up at last quarter of the year undecided
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by henryobinna(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
ok, shits happen during this period,

people want to get money quick so they can spend in December on chicks and new/flashy stuffs.

Because of this, they'll be ready to do what ever even kill a fellow human.

got it?

1 Like

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by cargist2016: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
this is my first post
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by sekundosekundo: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
hmm

7 Likes

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by BrutalJab: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
chiraqDemon:
Yesterday i was discussing with a friend (she is very religious) and we happened to talk about the ember months and she was like that death rates and calamities increase during the ember months N'landers i want to know your opinion and is there any proof (statistics and numbers) that death rates increase in ember months and all that.

Here resemble history class
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by davibid: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
Behold the people of little faith worry about little things

Ember month my period of supernatural abundance

#JesusGatMe

4 Likes

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by superdanny10: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
#BlackMinds grin
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by superfelix: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hmm
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Toeyoursea(m): 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
grin
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by jaymejate: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
It has always been like this. And it's mostly the fear of ember month that always make some people to enter trouble

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? / Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye / Three Reasons To Get To Church On Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.