Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed (35202 Views)

House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government / School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) / Heavy Fire Outbreak At Makoko Slum In Lagos, Properties Destroyed. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Missmossy(f): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ewww really bad.
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by sakalisis(m): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
cry
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Cadamlk: 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blue3k:

Nope in the USA. I visit all the time though. Lol I know most Nigerians dont have insurance. It would help though of they did.
Yeah!! You are right. But the the the level of awareness is not too grounded here. Many people that know the value still do not have confidence in it. They are afraid of being scammed.
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by abeld11(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
I thought someone predicted it would dry

I feel for those affected esp in this recession period

1 Like

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by lanzar: 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
Appland:
Here is the thread where NEMA warns of possible over flow
https://www.nairaland.com/3273315/river-niger-soon-overflow-nema

The river Niger has once again overflowed its banks bringing back memories of the 2012 flooding that ravaged many riverine communities. As predicted by the Nigerian meteorological agency, the water has reportedly risen above normal level again leaving communities in this part of Anambra state helpless and stranded.

http://www.fastdatashare.com/2016/10/properties-worth-millions-of-naira.html?m=1
the money govt wld av spent in preventing this occurence wld now be spent in reducing casualties...my yeye country
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by MadCow1: 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
MENELIK1:

Yes, because Osus celebrate tragedies in other places too.

Osus?

Who or what is that? undecided
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by frprof(m): 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
CliffordOrji:

My dear, you be spirit? You just placed a *period* as a comment
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by ellovee(m): 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
What is buhari and NEMA waiting for?
Isn't it time for them to swing into action by setting up IDP camps across all the prone coastal states, must they wait for it to happen first?
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Coldfeets: 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
ever811:
hope our ugwu farm is safe...

Ugu not ugwu

You föol undecided

1 Like

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by galaxy4rep(m): 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
Brigham:
I can't believe this type of decrepit structure will be found in Anambra.

You guys should take it easy with the chest thumping.
shut u fool! u must come from new York abi? that is anamu village, even d township in ur state can't compete with structures in Anam town.....idiot!

3 Likes

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Antoeni(m): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
Are the days of Noah here?
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Ganiyat72(f): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
Kingsley10000:
t is very apparent that Willie Obiano has lost it, he lacks
the quality of good leadership. If not, how do one
explain his excesses, his inability to work with major
stakeholders in the state and his unwillingness to
acknowledge men and women who have been
contributing massively to the development of the state
both economically and socially. Willie Obiano should just
finish is one term and leave the stage for a serious
minded person to stir the affairs of Anambra State.
^^^Who is this oaf?
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by histemple: 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
cry
Kingsley10000:

Youths should desist from smoking hard drugs.

1 Like

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Oblang(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
Brigham:

Don't mind the osus. If u see them talking abt brown roof,u go think say their region na London..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by CoolFreeday(m): 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cadamlk:
And what do you expect the Government agency involved in the matter to do in face of natural disaster outside warning the people? Just curious though.

Possibly evacuate them..
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Princy13: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Anambra adiba go nma,
Anambra adiba go nma,
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Senorprinz(m): 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
Kingsley10000:
so it's obiano that ordered the river niger to overflow it's banks, it's just like blaming obama for the after effects of hurricane matthew.
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Senorprinz(m): 4:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blue3k:
I hope these people had good insurance policies.
Nigerians and insurance be like buhari and common sense
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Technocrat1759(m): 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
baba's bad luck caused it.
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Brigham:

If this kind of shanties occupies 50% of Lagos Land mass, don't be surprise to see few of the structures in Anambra, what I know we don't have shanties in Anambra state wink

Lagos

3 Likes

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Ganiyat72(f): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
Brigham:

Although I am from South West, but compare those structures/ buldings with the ones we saw the other time from ikorodu and part of ogun state during the flood desister there.

It amount to self deceit to compare the decripit brown roof slums we dwell in South West with serren and neet structures in southeast.

2 Likes

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blue3k:

Nope in the USA. I visit all the time though. Lol I know most Nigerians dont have insurance. It would help though of they did.
even if they had insurance the insurer would refuse to pay, he would have ran away and shut his office. nigerians are very crooked.
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Kyllahmc(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Again?
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Dilidee(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Kingsley10000:
Y are you dis stewpid..how those ur foolish comment or gov obiano concern d flood ish nw?..sum people just dey tink through goatshii hole..

U tink its only Anambra d@ is disturbed by flood?..go 2 Ikorodu part of lagos,mile12,owode en co..
Stop being a zombie
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Princy13: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
ever811:

Fret not.

Anambra the hub of biafrauud are the world producer of Ugu so even if they get hit by twice as this overflow,there would still be enough Ugu for you Mr Afonga.

Seems Afongas prefer Ugu to ewedu these days.

1 Like

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by ezechueze(m): 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
OK
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by trumpclinton247: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
dredging of the river by past govts was a scam... they don't want us to have sea port for Anambra
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by Ganiyat72(f): 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
Oblang:

Don't mind the osus. If u see them talking abt brown roof,u go think say their region na London..
Will u shut it! Compare those buldings and their environments with the old, dirty, brown roof and mud houses doting the landscape of Munshin Aggege, Ikorodu, Ijesha, Iyana Ipaja etc. Let us always speak and abide by the truth, becose it is only thing that can set us free.

2 Likes

Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by TheRealestGuy(m): 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ganiyat72:

Although I am from South West, but compare those structures/ buldings with the ones we saw the other time from ikorodu and part of ogun state during the flood desister there.

It amount to self deceit to compare the decripit brown roof slums we dwell in South West with serren and neet structures in southeast.
Now if I a non Yoruba says this I'm tagged a tribalist. Nice that you can say it as you see it.

I almost laughed my heart out the other day when my Yoruba friends were castigating Yoruba girls. I was like shocked
I had to intervene, telling them its just some girls, while they insist it's most. It was funny but they weren't far from the truth.

They all swore not to even marry yoruba girls and two amongst them are married to girls from edo and delta respectively.

I loved them more after that episode, my friends I mean. Nothing warms my heart more than people who say things just the way the say it... I'm like that too...
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by electrokcoi(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blue3k:
I hope these people had good insurance policies.
did you forget it happening in nigeria
Re: River Niger Overflows In Anambra, Properties Destroyed by electrokcoi(m): 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
ever811:
good question

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? / Genuine Schneider /ABB /Legrand /INDOASIAN/ Havells for your projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.