Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:55 AM

Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin (1686 Views)

The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by lordkit2: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
The coronation of the 39th Oba of Benin, Oba Eheneden Erediauwa is currently happening in Edo state. The ceremony is being graced by dignitaries including Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, royal fathers, members of the diplomatic corps and others.

More photos after the cut

Source: http://www.flexygist.com/2016/10/20/photos-from-the-coronation-of-the-new-obaof-benin/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by lordkit2: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
more pics

Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by lordkit2: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
more

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Opharhe: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
Wow! Beautiful.
@OP Pls Tell us the name he took.
Long live the King.
Oba gha to kpere.
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Udmaster(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
Wetin concern me?

Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by 2know1: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
K
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Opharhe: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
lordkit2:
more
Pls what title did he take?
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by BornStunner1: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE OBA EVERY OTHER ONE IS CLEARLY A CONTERFIET OBOOY SEE CLASS AND STANDARD!!

I see the nysc opps meant ooni in ife came to pay is dues to the source of his FOREFATHER EKELERHAN AKA oduduwa grin pls ooni dont steal anything or artifact while leaving oo you are free to borrow our culture as you like BUT DONT STEAL ANYTIN EVEN IF NA BY MISTAKE. angry

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by onuwaje(m): 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ewuare II
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by BossDanniee(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
OBA GAH TOH KPE E!
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Cholls(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
my brother good.
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
onuwaje:
Ewuare II
What does it mean?
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Young03(m): 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
if I no c osinbanjo, dangote der
u Neva begin post pix
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by BornStunner1: 3:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
Vorpal:
What does it mean?
HE IS OBA EWUARE THE 2ND

HIS PREDECCESOR WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST OBAS EVER LIVETH
DOWNLOAD EDO DICTIONARY ON PLAYSTORE

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by onuwaje(m): 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
Vorpal:

What does it mean?
That i dont know grin
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

HE IS OBA EWUARE THE 2ND

HIS PREDECCESOR WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST OBAS EVER LIVETH
DOWNLOAD EDO DICTIONARY ON PLAYSTORE
The previous Oba's name meant "I have come to bring prosperity to my people"
And as you can see, you dictionary has failed to give a meaning to that name.
FYI, I knew there was an Oba Ewuare hence the suffix "II".
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by BornStunner1: 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Vorpal:

The previous Oba's name meant "I have come to bring prosperity to my people"
And as you can see, you dictionary has failed to give a meaning to that name.
FYI, I knew there was an Oba Ewuare hence the suffix "II".

MR MAN!!
EWUARE MEANS "PROGESS HAS COME"
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

MR MAN!!

EWUARE MEANS "PROGESS HAS COME"
Mr Stunner
Thank you.

Contrary to what you said, on Wikipedia, I found it means "trouble has ceased".

It's a controversial name to take up tho and has a lot attached to it.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Opharhe: 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
onuwaje:
Ewuare II
Wow! Interesting.
Ewuare I(alias Ogidigan) is considered the founder of The Ancient Benin Empire. He contributed immensely to the construction of the famous Benin walls(some say he started it,) for security reasons. A warrior King he was who started the expansion of the kingdom into other areas like Igboland(Western Igbo), and also Yorubaland thereby subsequently giving ancient Benin an imperial status.
Obas Esigie, Orhogbua and Ehengbuda, others, his descendants, who came after him will further expand the Empire more into the hinterlands to as far as Idah(Igalaland, present Kogi state) and coastwards, to Lagos and even beyond...

Uku Akpolokpolo, Omo n'Oba n'Edo

Ewuare II

May your reign be long and peaceful.

Oba gha to kpere. Ise!

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by edosbro: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
Are you sure of the name, because from all i know, Ewuare was a great Oba of Benin and also a magician and his history was covered with industrialization, if is truly Ewuare he choose good things for Edo people.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Opharhe: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
lordkit2:
The coronation of the 39th Oba of Benin, Oba Eheneden Erediauwa is currently happening in Edo state. The ceremony is being graced by dignitaries including Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, royal fathers, members of the diplomatic corps and others.

More photos after the cut

Source: http://www.flexygist.com/2016/10/20/photos-from-the-coronation-of-the-new-obaof-benin/

Lalasticlala
I can see Ikenwoli I, Olu of Warri (Itsekiri), Orodje of Okpe(Urhobo) and errm Ovie of Uvwie(Urhobo), Igwe Alfred Achebe, Obi of Onitsha amongst others... Hmmm this is powerful.
The Ancient Empire is well represented.
My special Greetings to Umogun, Orodje of Okpe and Ovie of Uvwie of Urhoboland.
Wa sutor oooo.. .
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Nnysher: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
Opharhe:
I can see Ikenwoli I, Olu of Warri (Itsekiri), Orodje of Okpe(Urhobo) and errm Ovie of Uvwie(Urhobo), Igwe Alfred Achebe, Obi of Onitsha amongst others... Hmmm this is powerful.
The Ancient Empire is well represented.
My special Greetings to Umogun, Orodje of Okpe and Ovie of Uvwie of Urhoboland.
Wa sutor oooo.. .
Onitsha is and was never part of the so-called ancient empire.
Re: Photos From The Coronation Of The New Oba of Benin by Opharhe: 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nnysher:
Onitsha is and was never part of the so-called ancient empire.
Yeah you're kindda correct because I've not seen any concrete proof that the Oba controlled Onitsha at any point in time. However, the point I'm driving at is that the Influences of the Benin Empire reached Onitsha during the glory days, the royal house of Onitsha(Of Ezechima if I'm not mistaken) and some families there can trace their origins to Benin(I don't think you'll dispute this fact).
Bros no be quarrel. Most parts of what is today western Igboland(Delta and Edo states) were at some point part of the old Benin Empire. It's no big deal. Not all of these places were conquered by warfare. This is history the way it is.
Moreover, I wasn't emphasizing the Imperial powers of Benin(which no longer exists anyway) but I was just appreciating the sophistication of these beautiful African societies. I was only identifying the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe who is conspicuously seated there among others, like some Urhobo(my ethnic group) Itsekiri, Ijaw even Yoruba monarchs.
Isn't it obvious enough that our cultural diversity didn't start today? I'm from the Niger-Delta and I really appreciate this. Let's appreciate this and celebrate with the Benin people.
Thanks wink

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ilu Igbo. / What Is Igbo / Top Ten Things That Make Yoruba People Unique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.