Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,662 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro (21753 Views)

IGP Ibrahim Idris Sues Saraki, Senate Over N120b Bribery Allegations Against Him / Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations / PDP Commences Committal Proceedings Against Amaechi, Army Chiefs, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by saintdennis(m): 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
thunder74:

You won't understand how things role in the Judiciary. CJN is the chairman of NJC sir. Justice Okoro did what the oaths of his profession permits.

Sir you still don't get.

Nothing wrong 'verbally' INFORMING his superior BUT he must. DOCUMENT IT BY AN AFFIDAVIT / reporting to police #simple

The law does not recognise informal complaints!

I'm not a lawyer yet I know this.

If I slap u and u don't report then when I hit u again If u report, unless I ACCEPT I HIT U PREVIOUSLY that allegation (that I'd hit u b4 will not be considered -unless u provide HARD proof I did)

Guy the law is highly rigid.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by Henrichemeka(m): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
anonimi:

Buhari and shame are mutually EXCLUSIVE words. He has no shame.
Otherwise how can Buratai still be in his government

the question i have continueously ask is ''is he even fighting corruption''? If he has any shame do u tink he will be disgracing himself outside this country thinking he is digracing some individuals?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by OmoOsanyin: 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
Simple.
If your threat is worth its salt,
launch it.
Quit crying foul when you can't even intimidate!
You may fool some people some time, but you can't fool all the people all the time bro.
We've gone way past that.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by tola268: 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheFreeOne:
APC Rivers better not start what they can't finish lest they place Ameachi in more trouble.

We still dey on top iroko tree dey watch Ameachi in 7D
This will signify where we are going in Nigeria
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
thunder74:

The letter was a private letter addressed to CJN. More so, he reported the matter to his employer. Remember he is asking for permission also to sue DSS. Judges lifes are regulated

It would appear that you are privy to more information (concerning a letter) than reported in the article of this thread.
Assuming there was such a letter, if it was private then how come it became public?
Where was the evidence to substantiate such allegation?
How does leaking the contents of this private letter to the public (apparently without necessary evidence) exonerate him from the charge defamation?
How does reporting such matter to his boss the CJN satisfy the requirement of the law; is the CJN the police or EFCC?
It would appear that he is further implicating himself and his boss by this non-disclosure; since both of them were duty bound to have reported this crime against the state to the appropriate authority, the police for prosecution - failure to do so amounts to the crime of obstructing the cause of justice.
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by Oblang(m): 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
saintdennis:

The CJN is his employer? Bro what are u smoking?
The NJC recommends while the president appoints thus every judge is an employee of the state.

Also he reported to CJN? Is CJN the police?? Infact he has even roped the CJN cos if he(cjn) affirms he was aware then he too is guilty lols
So If his life is threatened by an aggrieved claimant he will inform CJN and go home to sleep? Bros think na.

He can sue DSS...question is if this was america would he still be talking or would he be angling for a plea deal so it doesn't go to trial... I bet it would be the latter

Don't mind the yeye Igbos who think the law operates with sentiment...
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by tammie24: 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
People still get mind be APC member for rivers?

Hia!!!
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by justmenoni: 2:02am On Oct 21, 2016
Isn't the court responsible to send someone to jail or not? How is d rivers apc sure the judge will go to jail? Does it mean that they own d court or d judiciary system?

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by adconline(m): 2:52am On Oct 21, 2016
It's mind boggling how Amaechi who has multiple cases corruption and financial misappropriation leveled again is a saint to APC zombie while judges who had no prior record of alleged misconduct are now guilty as charged by DSS
Meanwhile he was on national TV with stuffed $$$ in his pocket. Several groups had written against him. He admitted on TV that he was stealing from his people because there weren't protesting
He refused to come to a panel of enquiry to give account of his stewardship.
He spent $1bn a on 6Km monorail that is currently abandoned
He amassed over $24bn in 8years as a Gov and had nothing to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by figment232(m): 4:41am On Oct 21, 2016
ItsMeAboki:
It would appear that this judge has really got himself boxed into a tight corner: if he maintains the bribery allegation then he would have committed the crime of failing to report the attempted bribery; if on the other hand he retracts the allegation then he would have admitted to lying and therefore to culpable defamation of character - LOL, you would thought with all his supposed knowledge of the law that he would have been more the wiser.
Either way Amaechi wud b implicated too

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by figment232(m): 4:49am On Oct 21, 2016
saintdennis:

First sane comment so far.

BRO you're very correct per the bolded, this judge alongside that useless osun judge makes me wonder how we select judges in this country.

How can judges be so daft? Infact I expected him & the other judges to show 'class' and full knowledge of the law by KEEPING MUTE throughout this episode as words they say can inadvertently implicate them.

But noooo... the mumu went on to accuse amaechi of attempting to bribe him & said he made a verbal report to the chief judge, I pray he has more concrete evidence lols

Is the CJ a police station?this is a man who supposedly knows the law & supposed to be a partner in the anti-corruption

Like my barrister of a dad would say back in the days he's shot himself in the foot.

even. A lawyer with 2years experience isn't expected to make such mistakes, not to mention judge.
Unrepentant zombie spotted

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by saintdennis(m): 5:10am On Oct 21, 2016
figment232:
Unrepentant zombie spotted

Story of the aluu 4:

They visited a debtor to one of them, disagreement occurred and they tried to forcefully take some items from the debtor in order to recover his funds.

That debtor who didn't want to pay yet didn't want to loose his laptop screamed thief thief!!

On the strength of that accusation ALONE 4 boys (first sons) of their parents were pronounced guilty by the vigilante with no room for investigation are in the grave today.

You're an illiterate if you do not know the gravity of accusations...old illiterate like u.

Even if it's jonathan the judge accused it's same thing I will say the JUDGE knows the procedure for handling issues of coercion or bribery(inducement)... and it's only the police the law recognises as the agency he should have reported to & put down his statement.

But to you a VERBAL report to the CJN is enough to pronounce people guilty.

You're the unrepentant zombie here... a zombie to ignorance & hate.

Bye.
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by Billygee2u: 5:29am On Oct 21, 2016
stephnie1:
Amaechi has become God to APC that cannot do wrong hmmmmmm? APC are bunch of misfortunes and bastards.
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by awa(m): 6:22am On Oct 21, 2016
Amechi stop this public show and simply take him to jail since the jail now belongs to you. Before people are taken to Court but because you know how your APC govt don't believe in Court proceedings, is better you just take him to jail directly....
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:35am On Oct 21, 2016
figment232:
Either way Amaechi wud b implicated too

Abeg, receive sense; how Amaechi be implicated if the judge admit to lying and therefore defamation of character?
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by Forwetinnah: 7:21am On Oct 21, 2016
Miles300:
seriously was there a video evidence ?

Yes!
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by Rekyz(m): 7:37am On Oct 21, 2016
The judge will be jailed for 2 years for failing to report the bribery attempt. Amaechi & his oga will be jailed for 25 years for attempting to bribe 2 judges to favour their party. Lets see how it goes.
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by bayelsaowei(m): 7:45am On Oct 21, 2016
Apc protecting their own atm and thief..

My dear nigerians don't be fooled by the corruption fight you hear of..

It's all a sham
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by figment232(m): 5:18am On Oct 29, 2016
saintdennis:

Story of the aluu 4:

They visited a debtor to one of them, disagreement occurred and they tried to forcefully take some items from the debtor in order to recover his funds.

That debtor who didn't want to pay yet didn't want to loose his laptop screamed thief thief!!

On the strength of that accusation ALONE 4 boys (first sons) of their parents were pronounced guilty by the vigilante with no room for investigation are in the grave today.

You're an illiterate if you do not know the gravity of accusations...old illiterate like u.

Even if it's jonathan the judge accused it's same thing I will say the JUDGE knows the procedure for handling issues of coercion or bribery(inducement)... and it's only the police the law recognises as the agency he should have reported to & put down his statement.

But to you a VERBAL report to the CJN is enough to pronounce people guilty.

You're the unrepentant zombie here... a zombie to ignorance & hate.

Bye.

Hypnotised zombie
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:54am On Oct 29, 2016
DONSMITH123:

Justice Okoro, who is one of those under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC‎, for corruption, had alleged that Amaechi specifically visited him and asked that the governorship appeal case of Rivers State be delivered in APC’s favour.

But Amaechi denied the allegation, saying the judge concocted the claim in order to politicise the issue of his arrest.

However, the state chapter of the party wondered why Amaechi or anybody attempt to bribe Justice Okoro for an election upturned by both the Tribunal and the Appeal Court?

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/20/withdraw-bribery-allegations-amaechi-go-jail-apc-warns-justice-okoro/

The bolded shows that the Judge is a bonafide crook and unrepentant liar.
Re: Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro by Justiceleague1: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
stephnie1:

apc has turned themselves to court of law.
who be dis one again? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman / 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers / Buhari Unhappy With 2018 Budget Passed By NASS — Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.