Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) (99555 Views)

Ooni Reacts To Fire At Palace Of Oba Of Lagos / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by topstory: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
His Royal Highness, Eheneden Erediauwa, has been crowned the 39th Oba of Benin Kingdom succeeding his late father, Omo n' Oba n' Edo Uku Akpolopkolo. The Oba of Benin married 3 beautiful wives.

http://www.ngyab.com/2016/10/20/see-the-beautiful-3-wives-of-the-new-oba-of-benin-photo/

See His beautiful Wives Below..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
Why they need to cover their mouth? lipsrsealed

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
topstory:
His Royal Highness, Eheneden Erediauwa, has been crowned the 39th Oba of Benin Kingdom succeeding his late father, Omo n' Oba n' Edo Uku Akpolopkolo. The Oba of Benin married 3 beautiful wives.

http://www.ngyab.com/2016/10/20/see-the-beautiful-3-wives-of-the-new-oba-of-benin-photo/

CC: Ishilove, Lalasticlala

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
Sharp sharp? shocked

topstory:

CC: Ishilove, Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by ChappyChase: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
TrapQueen77:
Why they need to cover their mouth? lipsrsealed
Them no wan miss yern like Bubu grin

217 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
Where will he see money to care for three wives and how can he satisfy them sexually

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Barney11: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
that is good. but why didn't the man marry from his age group(if na Muslim now, yawa for don gas here) why did they cover their nose, is benin people smelling?

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Clerverly: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
Where will he see money to care for three wives and how can he satisfy them sexually

Talk about FourSome cool

42 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
He is living a kingly life.

Our patriarchs were never monogamists. I wonder why today's men find polygamy repulsive.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by bcomputer101: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
A yoruba man ruling the great Edo people.

God bless the new King and his queens.
son of ODUDUWA

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by ihimiray(m): 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
bcomputer101:

son of ODUDUWA
craze dey ur head, which bloody yoruba man... U people can think so stupidly

242 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by gabinogem(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
bejeiodus:
He is living a kingly life.

Our patriarchs were never monogamists. I wonder why today's men find polygamy repulsive.

That's the reason why our boys & girls are cheats & find it difficult to last in monogamous marriage.... It's just a world of pretence most of us are living in this third world. The ones who pretend the most are seen as the most decent.

23 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by nwasinachi(f): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
those women dey try o. I cant even imagine sharing my man with another woman, and nothing will ever make me sleep with a married man biko, theirs are theirs, while mine is mine

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by babs01(m): 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hmmmm! These three rooms are fully occupied:

Living room- First wife

Kitchen- Second wife

The other room- Third wife

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by babs01(m): 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
nwasinachi:
those women dey try o. I cant even imagine sharing my man with another woman, and nothing will ever make me sleep with a married man biko, theirs are theirs, while mine is mine
Easier said than done

35 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by babs01(m): 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
bcomputer101:

son of ODUDUWA

U no make sense

84 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Millz404(m): 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
nwasinachi:
Calm down and don't be self centered

18 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by datola: 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
Benin and Youruba Obas and polygamy are one.

Oh, not to forget, the Emirs are not left out just that those ones have a soft spot for kids.

Current Ooni of Ife is still maintaining with olori Wuralola.

13 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Alegirl: 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
wetin dey smell?

4 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Pebcak: 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
grin
[size=18pt]This is really SAD going through comments on this thread why are people so bitter and going across board no he's Yoruba oh he's Igbo who fvcking cares. I am sorry to say Nigerian youths have really missed it and I see people's comment about the king and his queen covering their mouth this is a strong cultural event and its really sad to see people from Benin playing in the mud with tribalism here where this a chance to showcase your culture and teach us what this is all about. Please why are they covering their lips? this is to a real person from Benin that knows and understand their culture not some idiot that just want to score cheap points [/size]

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by BornStunner1: 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
bcomputer101:

son of ODUDUWA

FACTS ABOUT THE YORUBAS AKA AFONJAS
( 1 ) . Their story of
kingship began with Edo
prince and the Benin
recorded History .
( 2 ) . Ayayi crawder said,
little were know about
yoruba existence,
meaning they were not
part of Nigeria of today
boarder or were in small
settlement close to
dahomy. yoruba are half
muslims and those with
African traditions copied or got them from Benin
civilization . I doubt if they not immigrants from dahomy
mix with Benins or other fulani- hausa from Niger
. Bishop Samuel Adjayi Crowther (c . 1809 – 31
December 1891 ) Was the first African Anglican bishop
in Nigeria . Born in Osogun (in today's Iseyin Local
Government, Oyo State , Nigeria ) . His grandson was
Herbert Macaulay
( 3 ) . Yoruba have dublicity of kingship with the process
highly politized to being traditional . A system they try
copy from Benin but can 't get it real like the Benin
Kingdom. Edo Obaship is one of the most revered
institutions in the world because of the way it has
sustained its awesome prestige with strict and
meticulous attention to ancient traditions of valour ,
discipline and integrity . Edo chieftaincy titles cannot be
bought or conferred on non- indigenes or frivolously .
Every Edo chief performs a peculiarly sacred duty
and responsibility to the people of Edo. It does not make
sense , therefore , to think that a people who would not
and have never conferred their chieftaincy titles on non-
indigenes, would voluntarily invite , accept, or surrender
to non- indigenes as their kings . Due to celestial
origins , the Edo monarch cannot eat out and cannot be
diverted from full time palace duties to hustle
for contracts .
( 4 ) . Most of today
yoruba religion are
Benin Origin , Olokun ,
Ogun , Iha oguega (ifa ) ,
oronmila, Esago
(shango ) , Ayelala etc .
Many Benin traditions
and spirituality are
stillfully documented by
yorubas in high places
as YORUBA ? (Never mind the Edo man ' s christian
mindset quickly dening Edo have niothing to do with
African traditional religion , agreeing they are foriegn to
Edoland . . . LIE ) .
Although the Great Edo ( Benin ) Kingdom were not major
participants in the trans- Atlantic slave trade , because
the Obas (Kings ) believed that their subjects were too
valuable to sell away , and their noblemen had need of
war captives on their own farms , the influence of Edo
religion and medicine has still been substantial upon
the people of the Americas .
According to Mason (1996 ) , it has been widely
accepted that Olokun ( god of the sea ) worship
originated with the Edo and spread to the Yoruba ( p. 2) .
In fact, the most prominent part of Edo cultural
traditions that has made its mark in the New World is
Olokun worship. Olokun (god of the Waters ) worship
originated from Urhonigbe and then became prominent
at Ughoton around the Ethiope ( Olokun) River . The
priesthood and rituals were firmly established at the
time . Some of the possible points of contact happened
early. During the Ogiso Period , trade with the Yoruba
and Igbos was quite extensive. Olokun worship may
have spread to those areas through traders . Prior to the
Oba Period , Ekaladerhan Izoduwa was initiated into
Olokun as a chief Priest while he stayed at Ughoton ,
before his moving westward with his followers to
establish Ilefe ( Ero , 1999 , p . 108- 109) .
Once he arrived , Ekaladerhan Izoduwa brought Edo
traditions to those areas and was a King of his new
community called Ilefe , which could be what yoruba call
IFE. . From Ekaladerhan Izoduwa ’ s loins , the Yoruba
dynasties may have began. However, it is certain that
Olokun is an Edo divinity whose worship spread to the
outlying Yoruba areas.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by BALLOSKI: 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
Clerverly:

Talk about FourSome cool
grin grin royal foursome.

8 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by johnshagb(m): 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
Tribal bigots about to turn this beautiful thread to something else angry

7 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blessed are thou among women
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by harlehleh(f): 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
bcomputer101:

son of ODUDUWA

Ya not serious oh undecided...better go and visit ur history books angry

18 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Paradise163(f): 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
Someone who has an explanation for this should please quote me
Why do those in Benin kingdom tend to cover their mouth with this white handkerchief ? I've seen this even in movies

12 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Yinkatolu: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hope they virgins cos brand new king need brand new women wink

2 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by techblogtips: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
i Love Benin culture

LONG LIVE THE OBA AND MAY HIS REIGN BRING PEACE AND PROSPERITY TO THE LAND

5 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by AllTheWayUp: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Half-Unclad Women In Birnin Amina, Niger State, Can't Afford Clothes (Pics) / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba / ‘Mysterious’ Cloth That Fell From The Sky In Ondo: The Truth (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.