Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th (2103 Views)

You Are Wearing Fake Crowns- Olubadan Tells 21 Newly Crowned Kings Of Ibadan / Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory / Erediauwa Crowned 39th Oba Of Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by emeijeh(m): 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
It is no longer news, that a new oba has been crowned in the ancient city of Benin, today 20th October, 2016.
Contrary to what was widely accepted, the oba openly said on live TV, that he is the 40th oba to ascend the throne, and not the 39th, as we have been made to believe.
The press and the general public should take note of this info.
**His speech was all encompassing and truly captivating.
Long live the oba of Benin.
Long live oba Ewuare II.
Oba ghá tö kpëé.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by bigtt76(f): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
Any position he want he can assign grin Twale Oba!

1 Like

Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by adeboizy11(m): 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
OK. We don hear. Sha do d needful by sending d head of ur predecessor to "ile-ife" real quick for the right thing.
Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by orimsamsam(m): 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
emeijeh:
It is no longer news, that a new oba has been crowned in the ancient city of Benin, today 20th October, 2016.
Contrary to what was widely accepted, the oba openly said on live TV, that he is the 40th oba to ascend the throne, and not the 39th, as we have been made to believe.
The press and the general public should take note of this info.
**His speech was all encompassing and truly captivating.
Long live the oba of Benin.
Long live oba Ewuare II.
Oba ghá tö kpëé.
can u get me his full speech
Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by BuhariNaWah: 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
adeboizy11:
OK. We don hear. Sha do d needful by sending d head of ur predecessor to "ile-ife" real quick for the right thing.
Meaning?
Will you keep Kwayet! *in PEJ's voice**

2 Likes

Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by BuhariNaWah: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
bigtt76:
Any position he want he can assign grin Twale Oba!
Abi na!
Tiri gbosa for am
Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by emeijeh(m): 6:22am On Oct 21, 2016
orimsamsam:
can u get me his full speech
I don't have it bro

1 Like

Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by adeboizy11(m): 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
BuhariNaWah:

Meaning?
Will you keep Kwayet! *in PEJ's voice**
D guy sabi wetin I mean *in PMB's voice**
Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by macof(m): 4:36am On Oct 26, 2016
adeboizy11:

I don't think Ife would still know what to do with the head. .. that's a tradition that ended in 1888.. no point bringing back such unnecessary tradition

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by adeboizy11(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2017
macof:

I don't think Ife would still know what to do with the head. .. that's a tradition that ended in 1888.. no point bringing back such unnecessary tradition

Who tell you dah one? Those people get emeritus professor for tradition matters. Both in theory & practicals
Re: The Newly Crowned Oba Of Benin Said He Is The 40th And Not The 39th by Prymestrr(m): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2019
adeboizy11:

macof:

Please can you guys explain further on what this tradition you refer to is all about and how it connects the two kingdoms of Benin and Ile-Ife? I'll like to learn more please.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Children's Inability To Speak The Mother Tongue / Yoruba Is An Official Language In Brazil / An Appeal To Nigerians In The Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.