Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) (62509 Views)

Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine / See The Keke That Was Produced By A Boy In Aba(photod) / 16-Year-Old Onitsha Boy Manufactures Stove That Uses Battery Or Charcoal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Pamelayoung: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2016
Nice but d fuel capacity shld be increased. Otherwise you will need to refuel 2 more times b4 2 cups of rice will be ready
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Ejanla07: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2016
verygudbadguy:

Some day, you will get the chance to change this your orientation.
There is more to gain in living together than in disunity.

we have nothing in common
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Ejanla07: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2016
Excuzeme:

Dont mind that clown!
Imagine him comparing "real humans" to "Ape-flattys"! grin grin
Broda koo, Animal nii. undecided undecided

you think you re human?
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 21, 2016
dorothy111:

I can bet my last kobo on it. Its not made in Aba, maybe the stove was constructed in Aba no doubt, but the biofuel, not even in Japan.

And from cassava leaves, c'mon! Cassava leaf is a poor source of starch,which is converted to alkanol, then to paraffin, then catalytically to improve the octane number. Its even very expensive in the lab.

I worked on it. Google, prof Umuera Y. He has worked on it for over 30 years and this just man in Aba just work up one morning to get the knowledge.

Story for the gods
You must think outside the box to beat convention. It takes imagination and flexible creativity to create solution in a very difficult terrain. Angular JS is a framework that can execute a project with fewer lines of code, than when you used the already established conventional programming languages e.g, JavaScript, etc. because of their bogus myriads lines of codes to execute similar objective.
You don't have to draw conclusion, until you have done proper investigation on this project. For now, you're speaking base on past experience that may not hold ground today. The world of technology is very dynamic and difficult to predict. You cannot create tomorrow solution with yesterday thinking. Your failure in the same line, does not rule out the possibility of someone getting it right tomorrow.
My advice, carry out investigation on the project properly, if you have the time, before you disparage them in the public.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by verygudbadguy(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2016
Ejanla07:

we have nothing in common

I'm sure we do. I'm not gonna force it. Sooner or later, you will realize that.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by verygudbadguy(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2016
JuanDeDios:

It's good to encourage people. But you should encourage young people as young people and young Nigerians as young Nigerians. When you go out of your way to single out Igbos for praise, you're giving vent to the tribalism latent inside of you without knowing it. You're better than those Yorubas who abuse Igbos all day and those Igbos who abuse Yorubas all day on this forum because you're making an effort to get out of tribalism. What I'm saying is, singling out Igbos for praise or being extra-nice to Igbos depicts your inate ethnic consciousness. The final stage is when a topic like this is brought up and the first you see is innovation and not tribe, when you people instead of their tribe. This is the stage you should now work towards. Maybe you still don't get it, but I have tried.

Enjoy your day too.

Noted.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by hitchowoyemi(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2016
I'm not surprised its coming from d Igbos, this neigbours hv inspiring hustle spirit, hardworking, innovative and are always open to calculated risk taking!
Kudos!
bring dis bio-stove to ib my brothers, we cant wait to hv them here too whether manual or pimped.

Kudos!

originalOFFAboi waz hia!
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2016
Proudly Ngwa Man, Proudly Abian, Proudly Igbo Man, Nigerian in nature. Kudos to our people, we no dey carry last....Nice development keep it up my people, We go before others.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Ejanla07: 11:42am On Oct 21, 2016
verygudbadguy:

I'm sure we do. I'm not gonna force it. Sooner or later, you will realize that.

its been 102 years now. when re we gonna realize it
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Olatunde26: 11:44am On Oct 21, 2016
This makes a lot of sense. I wish it is mass produced.

It will be highly welcome if it is economical.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2016
Billygee2u:
the China of Africa (C O A)
exactly and a like for you from me.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by verygudbadguy(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ejanla07:

its been 102 years now. when re we gonna realize it

It is better late than never.

We will live in love and unity.

Keep your fingers crossed
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Ejanla07: 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
verygudbadguy:

It is better late than never.

We will live in love and unity.

Keep your fingers crossed

yes ooo i ll live in love and unity wit my kit and kin also with the people i share same ideology
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by frankcell(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
Biafrans for you
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
SeunWedsLinda:
hmm. Much as I wouldn't disprove your claim of using a stove which works in the same principle as this, I would however appraise that the stove you used isn't the same with this one. The blue flame here is so visible even to the blind. This is definitely going to give gas cookers/cylinders a run for their money. Choices will vary based on affordability, durability and the one that is less hazardous.

Am really surprised at you guys. Abia state is real going backward if your just seeing that stove and the gas for the first time.

One guy on nairaland here last year was showing how he power his house and many things from biogas non of u read it. I said I used that over 3 years ago not early this year.

Abia is really backward is a pity. Ochendu and ikuku really did us disservice
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by SeunWedsLinda(m): 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Am really surprised at you guys. Abia state is real going backward if your just seeing that stove and the gas for the first time.

One guy on nairaland here last year was showing how he power his house and many things from biogas non of u read it. I said I used that over 3 years ago not early this year.

Abia is really backward is a pity. Ochendu and ikuku really did us disservice
I've known about biogas for quite some time now but I'm yet to use it tho. Ochendo and his son did Abia a great disservice. I still don't understand why efcc are yet to probe that man. He's the worst thing that could befall mankind. And from the look of things currently, his successor appears to be treading Ochendo's footsteps. Abia state once again has been entrusted into the wrong hands. I can't but only wish them well
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by GreatManBee: 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
Nice.
henryanna36:
Aba is like the China of Nigeria.According to information shared on social media by Eastern Telegraph,a made in Aba bio fuel is currently in the market.The stove obtains its fuel from cassava leaf.Below is what Eastern Telegraph shared....

'A smart bio fuel stove, fabricated in the commercial city of Aba in South East Nigeria has made a rousing market entrance.

The chairman of the Agricultural Innovation Platform, Kalu Ichie Kalu who spoke at the Innovation Platform Workshop in Keffi on Thursday, October 20, 2016, which was organised by the Agricultural Transformation Support Programme, phase one (ATASP-1) under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development described the product as "an credible alternative to kerosene, firewood and gas."

"It's clean energy. One of the innovation in the stove is that 100% of the raw materials are locally-sourced, while the fuel is made from cassava leaf. The price of the stove is N5, 500, while a litre of the fuel is N200. A litre of the fuel burns for 6 hours."

The challenge is that production is still manual, so they will need "support to mechanise our production processes and produce like 25,000 litres per day" Uche said'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/aba-people-produce-made-in-aba-bio.html
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by slurryeye: 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
blues20:

Shaaaraaap!

Osu cheesy
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by GuyWise(m): 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:
Proudly Ngwa Man, Proudly Abian, Proudly Igbo Man, Nigerian in nature. Kudos to our people, we no dey carry last....Nice development keep it up my people, We go before others.
Nwanne ndewo ooo

Dighi side unu la ala ngwa?
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Develpeast: 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

That stove cannot be made in Aba with such finishing. Nigeria has not reach that copy cat level
sir, you just messed up with this comment.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by feeloscar(m): 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
Is it the stove that's made in Aba or the gel? Saw this same stuff in Akwa Ibom State some 5 years ago. I am surprised some folks are seeing it for the 1st time.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
slurryeye:

Osu cheesy
Cone heady afonja wink
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by slurryeye: 12:17am On Oct 22, 2016
blues20:

Cone heady afonja wink

Since you have agreed to be an Osu, when will you be used as sacrifice for Alusi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2016
slurryeye:

Since you have agreed to be an Osu, when will you be used as sacrifice for Alusi?
When is your old man reporting for duty in soka forest? I heard you guys cannibalize on ladies puna for potency.... smiley
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
GuyWise:

Nwanne ndewo ooo

Dighi side unu la ala ngwa?

Isi Ala Ngwa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Giant Alligator Strolling Across Florida Golf (Photos, Video) / Woman Killed By Lion During Sex In Zimbabwe / Two-Headed Southern Black Racer Snake Found In Florida (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.