Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts (14442 Views)

Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa And Other Tribes Must Live As One - Emir Of Katsina / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / The New Oba Of Benin In His Freemason Regalia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
Billyonaire:
And who are you to ask me that question ?
I am a son of the great Benin kingdom. Now answer my question?
Re: New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
Billyonaire:
Crazy people still carrying on the silly traditions that was arranged by those who gave out their kindred out as slaves in exchange for a mirror in the 1600s. When the whole world is inventing renewable energy to get rid of demand for fossil fuel, these morons are busy selecting virgins to put their dicks in, after defiling thousands.
I don't know if you don't belong to any Nigerian ethnic group. But from your write-up, I'd say that you've been influenced by western culture.

Binis don't play with their culture. No matter how modernise things are, we still preserve our culture.

You've placed a curse on yourself for calling the Oba a mo-ron in a public social media.
Re: New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
elego:
I don't know if you don't belong to any Nigerian ethnic group. But from your write-up, I'd say that you've been influenced by western culture.

Binis don't play with their culture. No matter how modernise things are, we still preserve our culture.

You've placed a curse on yourself for calling the Oba a mo-ron in a public social media.

Dont be silly my good friend. I worship nothing because I am everything. As you lots get properly educated on life, borderline ignorance will give way to realism, cos these trads built over the time by less intelligent ancestry. We are the ancestors and the ancestors are us revolving in cycles of aeons. Now we know better, we do away with aged folktales that were birthed by ignorance. You can always shun the primitive dogmas of yesterdays that promoted use of women as mere appendages and intimacy gadgets and chart a new course on the history of humanity than get dogmatic with the neanderthal reasoning of yesterdays.

Do not teach me about tradition, cos it will not power my automobiles nor light my house.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts by fendorf(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
Enjoy ur reign king
Re: New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts by nwakaibe(m): 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
cokiek:
The coronation ceremony of the new Oba of Benin was an eye opener that came with lots of revelations. My previous update revealed that the Oba has already chosen  three virgin girls to be his bride.

Two days prior to the grand coronation ceremony , the new Oba was at Useh where two significant events were carried out. He chose a name he will be called when he is finally crowned and chose his 4th virgin bride who eventually will be the crown Queen of the Benin Kingdom. Having had three prior to his coronation, and considering the three virgin brides picked earlier, the last virgin bride is officially his 7th wife.

His three wives prior to his coronation are still his wives but unfortunately, they won't be moving with him to the palace and won't be addressed as queens; reason being that they were married whilst the Oba was still a crown Prince.

See more; http://thekokogist..com.ng/2016/10/new-oba-of-benin-1st-3wives-to-live-as.html?m=1

Linus abi Lie Mohammed shocked shocked shocked shocked. You want to drive traffic to your blog abi. His three wives were seated in the hall. Observe their pictures and update.

1 Like

Re: New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
Billyonaire:

Dont be silly my good friend. I worship nothing because I am everything. As you lots get properly educated on life, borderline ignorance will give way to realism, cos these trads built over the time by less intelligent ancestry. We are the ancestors and the ancestors are us revolving in cycles of aeons. Now we know better, we do away with aged folktales that were birthed by ignorance. You can always shun the primitive dogmas of yesterdays that promoted use of women as mere appendages and intimacy gadgets and chart a new course on the history of humanity than get dogmatic with the neanderthal reasoning of yesterdays.

Do not teach me about tradition, cos it will not power my automobiles nor light my house.
Tradition is the transmission of customs from generation to generation. Even in the christian tradition, christians still do the things early christians do, and this is preservation of culture. Desisting from the way of life of early christians and fabricating your own christian tradition will be regarded as sin.

Even the Oba of benin is well educated and he still does what his ancestors did. The Binis respect women and i doubt what the op said.

Even if what op said is true, you've every right to oppose the tradition, but not to the extent of insulting the sole proprietor of the benin culture.

1 Like

Re: New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
elego:
Tradition is the transmission of customs from generation to generation. Even in the christian tradition, christians still do the things early christians do, and this is preservation of culture. Desisting from the way of life of early christians and fabricating your own christian tradition will be regarded as sin.

Even the Oba of benin is well educated and he still does what his ancestors did. The Binis respect women and i doubt what the op said.

Even if what op said is true, you've every right to oppose the tradition, but not to the extent of insulting the sole proprietor of the benin culture.

I am also not religious. I do not subscribe to a belief system, cos belief systems dont evolve when knowledge does.

Dynamism is the reason we no longer sleep in mud houses in the advent of cement as long as we can afford it.

Dynamism is the reason we abandoned barter system for monetary system.

Tradition should give way to religion, and religion should give way to science and science should give way to quantum physics. and quantum physics should embrace consciousness. That is exactly when we can tap into the universal source of knowledge, the source of inventive ideas, the ocean of that there is. The engine room of the simulation we live in. As we evolve in knowledge, we must put a stop or atleast de-promote tentacles that drag us backwards. We have noticed that wherever ignorance thrives, religion and tradition has a field day, and there exists no inventions in such climes.

That is our story in Africa. We are where we are, because we want to be where our ancestors were when they had no option of a better knowledge. Its a fat shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts by sevantex(m): 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
elego:
I am a son of the great Benin kingdom. Now answer my question?
Abeg who u epp na??
Re: New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts by bokohalal(m): 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
The poster is confused.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do African Americans Generally Have Lighter Skin Tone Than Africans? / Why Do Nairalanders Have An Obsession With Skin Tones? / How Emir Sanusi Squandered N3.4b, By Kano Anti-graft Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.