Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,475 members, 7,781,385 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:37 PM

How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years (7048 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: How South-west Lost Out; GEJ, Others React / 2019: How South-west Will Shape Nigerian Politics / The South Has To Unite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 21, 2016
Recently Senate passed the North-East Development Commission Bill which empowers the Federal Government to set up a commission to rebuild the North-East + Kano And Plateau States (Thanks to Kano Central Senator)

- They would enjoy three percent of the federation’s value added tax, VAT, as funding for a period of ten years.

-Other sources of funding of the commission would also include 15 per cent of allocation to the states as well as a 50 per cent deduction of the ecological fund due to the six North Eastern states.

-All monies collected by the Federal Government for the development of the North- East should be domiciled in the commission.

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/4235150_ne_png2103795cd21546c7df932dd0b3a6201e[/img]

The decision to include Kano and Plateau in the rebuilding plan followed a protest by Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano Central) that the two states were severally attacked by the insurgents. The commission shall establish and maintain a fund from which shall be defrayed all cost incurred by the commission.

Thank You Kwankwaso For Using Southerners mentality to archive a goal. Many Southerners look Kano from far as a Boko Haram area. They think they can fool us by using media in portraying the place as bad and unsecured. Well they have fool themselves, cux we have archive something great from it.

In real sense there is nothing to reconstruct in Kano from Boko Haram insurgency. I mean not a single destructed property.

So we will use all the monies in building more infrastructures like more flyovers and underpasses. All hail my Southern brothers.

When we say Kano is a nice place, people who never visited the place in their lives argued while Southerners who come for NYSC and other business can testify.

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/4235016_kano_jpeg252f0ecc0587a5a152b738846356e1a5[/img]

However, the passage of the bill and the inclusion of the two new states sparked a protest by senators representing Lagos State who relaunch their push for a special funding for the state.

Recall that Sen. Oluremi Tinubu (APC, Lagos Central), had sponsored a bill seeking strategic funding to lagos state. The bill was, however, not passed by the senate as many lawmakers kicked against it.

4 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by dEastActivist: 1:22am On Oct 21, 2016
Am happy for kano state.

Love from east side....

If our SE governors and senators want make them dey sleep...
A war was fought in the region, yet no one is raising a motion for the 3Rs which was proposed at the end of the 3year old war to be implemented. And a commission elected to monitor it just like NE.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by ArodewilliamsT: 1:42am On Oct 21, 2016
You can sit down in air conditions and propose 1million% for kano down to Niger republic if theylike but the most important thing is that SESS holds the yam and the knife. Avengers, NDGJM, JDNDF, etc will determine what nigeria gets or not. As long as they are angry, don't be too sure the money will flow regularly.

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by dexpee4life(m): 1:44am On Oct 21, 2016
okay.
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Blue3k(m): 1:56am On Oct 21, 2016
Ok hopefully they use the money on educating their population. Then curbing the religious riots. Work needs to be done.

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 21, 2016
Look how hatred and media propaganda has turned to be blessings. The money will be used for new constructions and not for reconstruction. Nothing to reconstruct from Boko Haram destruction.

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Sibrah: 2:06am On Oct 21, 2016
What money? In a recession these people can afford to push such an unjustified bill that gulps money through

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Sibrah: 2:11am On Oct 21, 2016
dEastActivist:
Am happy for kano state.

Love from east side....

If our SE governors want make them dey sleep...
A war was fought in the region, yet no one is raising a motion for the 3Rs which was proposed at the end of the 3year old war to be implemented. And a commission elected to monitor it just like NE.
Bad news.
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by emiwanlee(m): 2:23am On Oct 21, 2016
Yet the people that ows the oil that brings the money are treated like lepers

2 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:30am On Oct 21, 2016
NairalandHowTo:
Look how hatred and media propaganda has turned to be blessings. The money will be used for new constructions and not for reconstruction. Nothing to reconstruct from Boko Haram destruction.

LOL, I just love how the haters have just fvcked themselves up the arse. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Chigold101(m): 3:46am On Oct 21, 2016
40years after civil war... no federal presence in the whole of South East. No plan by the FG to help develop a region they badly destroyed. South East Reps and Senators do not even know what to do or what bills to sponsor.
Thanks to Kwankwaso who understands what he should and when to do...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by discusant: 4:01am On Oct 21, 2016
The two biggest ethnic groups to push for southern interests instead abuse each other.

Lagos Special Status and another city from the East for Special Status ought to have been pursued together to be successful.
But most likely that SW can't stomach the idea of another city in the east for Special Status like Lagos and Abuja. So Special Status for Lagos failed in the NASS.
This is how the three Rs proposed by Gowon for war-ravaged east failed to be implemented.

Senator Akpabio continues to ask why Reconstruction for war-ravaged East was proposed, but Construction only took place in Lagos after the war, no reconstruction in the East.

11 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by overall90: 4:02am On Oct 21, 2016
WTF is this ?
So ,that the North has fraudulently used their numerical strength in the national assembly to pass a contovertial bill into law is now the fault of the south.
So the south is not suppose to talk about or report the several suicidal bombings that have taken place in various bus terminals and markets in Kano.
The truth is that the north have not been happy since the establishment of the nddc and had always wanted similar outfit created for them one way or the other.
Through out the history of this country, there has never been any public institution established in the south that north has not wanted replicated for them.

6 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by ImperialYoruba: 4:13am On Oct 21, 2016
The Plateau Elders have cried out that unless the Northern Elders do something to compensate them for the ravages and destruction they suffered in the hands of Fulani herdsmen the idea of a unified North does not appeal to them. That, added to recent revelation by Yakassai of Yoruba agenda to liberate Middle Belt through backdoor propaganda of restructuring, has brought the Plateau grievances to the forefront. Because FG has not acknowledged the fulani herdsmen rampage and pillaging as a national problem it would be hard, almost impossible, to create a reparations program under that banner, therefore a backdoor approach is used here to include Plateau in the VAT slush fund for areas decimated by bokoharam.

One wonders why Benue or Adamawa is not included. Simply because the approval of this slush fund is a pressure button. There is a wait and see attitude to assess response of the Southerners. What is the worse they can do?

If South does not respond with a counter measure to cause "buyer's remorse" in the Northerners, then it ends in a positive victory and a greater ambition to expand the reparation to include other NE states and Benue.

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by ImperialYoruba: 4:30am On Oct 21, 2016
NairalandHowTo:
Recently Senate passed the North-East Development Commission Bill which empowers the Federal Government to set up a commission to rebuild the North-East + Kano And Plateau States (Thanks to Kano Central Senator)

- They would enjoy three percent of the federation’s value added tax, VAT, as funding for a period of ten years.

-Other sources of funding of the commission would also include 15 per cent of allocation to the states as well as a 50 per cent deduction of the ecological fund due to the six North Eastern states.

-All monies collected by the Federal Government for the development of the North- East should be domiciled in the commission.

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/4235150_ne_png2103795cd21546c7df932dd0b3a6201e[/img]

[b][/b]

Thank You Kwankwaso For Using Southerners mentality to archive a goal. Many Southerners look Kano from far as a Boko Haram area. They think they can fool us by using media in portraying the place as bad and unsecured. Well they have fool themselves, cux we have archive something great from it.

In real sense there is nothing to reconstruct in Kano from Boko Haram insurgency. I mean not a single destructed property.

So we will use all the monies in building more infrastructures like more flyovers and underpasses. All hail my Southern brothers.

When we say Kano is a nice place, people who never visited the place in their lives argued while Southerners who come for NYSC and other business can testify.

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/4235016_kano_jpeg252f0ecc0587a5a152b738846356e1a5[/img]

We observe that increasingly the electronicmedia is in theory laying the earth flat. In other words, no where is hidden anymore....there is no longer acceptance to the realities of sun rise and sun set. Once upon a time a section of the earth is awake at the same nominal time that the opposite section is asleep. Now every section of the earth can be awake at one and same time or choose to sleep at one and same time. We live in a lateral world where the differentiator of one section or people to the other is judged by the gap in their resourcefullness.

You are jubilating that your resourcefulness to be self sufficient is zero, and you must scam a way and rob peter to pay paul in order that you can stay afloat the challenges of modernity.

Shame on Northerners! Without the South how would your Emirs sustain their turban and thrones?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by ImperialYoruba: 4:49am On Oct 21, 2016
discusant:
The two biggest ethnic groups to push for southern interests instead abuse each other.

Lagos Special Status and another city from the East for Special Status ought to have been pursued together to be successful.
But most likely that SW can't stomach the idea of another city in the east for Special Status like Lagos and Abuja. So Special Status for Lagos failed in the NASS.
This is how the three Rs proposed by Gowon for war-ravaged east failed to be implemented.

Senator Akpabio continues to ask why Reconstruction for war-ravaged East was proposed, but Construction only took place in Lagos after the war, no reconstruction in the East.

Please, speak from facts and stop the conjectures. Not every ill willed outcomes to Ibo is Yoruba attribute.

Part of 3R programmes was a commission setup and headed by Colonel David Mark to review the injustice of abandoned properties in what is now SS. David Mark, the same guy that Ibo thronged out in large number to support for Senate Presidency under Jonathan, as Chairman of the Commission set up by Gowon ruled against Ibos. Till today those properties remained lost to their legitimate owners. Was this an act of Yoruba?

In what is now SW the 3R programme was executed fully and successfully, and if I may add, it was done without need for a Commission. Yoruba leaders self-initiated the welfare programmes to reabsorb and rehabilitate Ibos.

So please shut up if you have no sense of history on why Ibos are suffering the neglect and injustice of 3R.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 21, 2016
So, northerners usually paint their bridges. Na wa o Thats a good one. But why red ?

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by ImperialYoruba: 4:55am On Oct 21, 2016
Billyonaire:
So, northerners usually paint their bridges. Na wa o Thats a good one. But why red ?

To worship Kwankwaso, even though they were admonished by God not to worship anyone beside him.

3 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 21, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

To worship Kwankwaso, even though they were admonished by God not to worship anyone beside him.
Hahahahaha, my brother you no follow see sleep ? I don turn for bed up and down and I no see sleep oh. My friends recommend weed, cos I don tire for sleeping pills make I no turn michael jackson.

2 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 21, 2016
I am also glad that this bill was passed. It is an eye opener to successive governments on how best to guarantee extra revenue to your region while sitting as president. Kudos to our abokii friends. They have demonstrated mastery of the Nigerian political landscape and I will gladly say, they are the jagabans of these era. For those self acclaimed jagabans who will be working their asses off to generate VAT and taxes for the northern development commission to share, your right title should be Afonja .

Considering that most of the VAT will be coming from Lagos based coys... I think it is right to say Lagos is a conquered territory, and has started paying tribute tax to their captors. Abokii wants a slice of the Lagos IGR to fund development up north.

If Lagos is not given the 1% they asked for, then please my NL e warriors from that region instead of focusing on IPOB and NDA issue, be useful to your generations and create threads on that. In fact, they should borrow a leaf from Mr. bourdillon, his media outlets have started their work...

The South south created militancy and have used it to get NDDC, amnesty and even presidency . The abokii have created boko haram and they are about to start enjoying the fruits of their labour. My SE people have started massob and ipob. One day, their turn will come. My people from SW, It is only you that waka come with no wahala to use make noise because me..I am not understanding . .

For those who supported the northern trojan horse called "APC" , while your region has not benefited from the APC LOOT, congrats, you typify the phrase "useful idiots" . Don't worry, you have a few ministers appointed to head numerous portfolios as your reward. Am sure those ministers wake up every morning with your progress in his mind

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 21, 2016
Who are the haters? The thousands of people who lost their loved ones due to BH bombings or the kidnapped chibok girls? or better still the millions of refugees up north?

Receive sense.
NairalandHowTo:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by EternalTruths: 6:55am On Oct 21, 2016
Afonjas good morning grin grin grin

A particular useless people out of hatred for the glorious southerners, voted a government that finally instituted a 3% VAT for NE, Kano and Plateau for the next 10years.

So Afonjas will be using their 3% to redevelop these places.

Is this Sophistication or Mumutication.?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by EmeeNaka: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2016
Person wey him salary no do, overtime no go do am.
At the end,it will be as the NDDC scam and others like that. But then, reconstruction of North East is a necessary exercise.
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by EternalTruths: 7:04am On Oct 21, 2016
Suprnov3r:
I am also glad that this bill was passed. It is an eye opener to successive governments on how best to guarantee extra revenue to your region while sitting as president. Kudos to our abokii friends. They have demonstrated mastery of the Nigerian political landscape and I will gladly say, they are the jagabans of these era. For those self acclaimed jagabans who will be working their asses off to generate VAT and taxes for the northern development commission to share, your right title should be Afonja .

Considering that most of the VAT will be coming from Lagos based coys... I think it is right to say Lagos is a conquered territory, and has started paying tribute tax to their captors. Abokii wants a slice of the Lagos IGR to fund development up north.

If Lagos is not given the 1% they asked for, then please my NL e warriors from that region instead of focusing on IPOB and NDA issue, be useful to your generations and create threads on that. In fact, they should borrow a leaf from Mr. bourdillon, his media outlets have started their work...

The South south created militancy and have used it to get NDDC, amnesty and even presidency . The abokii have created boko haram and they are about to start enjoying the fruits of their labour. My SE people have started massob and ipob. One day, their turn will come. My people from SW, It is only you that waka come with no wahala to use make noise because me..I am not understanding . .

For those who supported the northern trojan horse called "APC" , while your region has not benefited from the APC LOOT, congrats, you typify the phrase "useful idiots" . Don't worry, you have a few ministers appointed to head numerous portfolios as your reward. Am sure those ministers wake up every morning with your progress in his mind

Yorubas have used their hands to enslave themselves forever.

While the North, will keep supporting violence in order to extend it beyond 10years plan so as to keep getting 3% VAT.

In the East and SS, we should not tax our indigenous businesses so that we won't give the Northerners our 3% VAT. wink

7 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 21, 2016
dEastActivist:
Am happy for kano state.

Love from east side....

If our SE governors want make them dey sleep...

I'm not from SE but I have to say they are the most 'un-united' govs in the country. most of which is due to unnecessary grandstanding. the Igbos as a people are to individualistic that is why they always fails to see the need to come together for the common good.

3 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by mrvitalis(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2016
When it get to politics.. . We southerners especially south south and south East are learners.. .. the fulanis are the grand masters... What they are benefiting today they planed years ago

We need to understand lobbying and use it to our advantage

3 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by QuotaSystem: 7:14am On Oct 21, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

We observe that increasingly the electronicmedia is in theory laying the earth flat. In other words, no where is hidden anymore....there is no longer acceptance to the realities of sun rise and sun set. Once upon a time a section of the earth is awake at the same nominal time that the opposite section is asleep. Now every section of the earth can be awake at one and same time or choose to sleep at one and same time. We live in a lateral world where the differentiator of one section or people to the other is judged by the gap in their resourcefullness.

You are jubilating that your resourcefulness to be self sufficient is zero, and you must scam a way and rob peter to pay paul in order that you can stay afloat the challenges of modernity.

Shame on Northerners! Without the South how would your Emirs sustain their turban and thrones?

[b]The sharing of resources in this country has always been political, from the agitation that birthed the NDDC, the Niger Delta ministry, derivation etc.

Painting the political dexterity to achieve the maximum possible for your region from a contested pool of resources as a celebration of lack of self sufficiency is not just dishonest but fraudulent and laced with deceit. Kano has a healthy IGR which she is actively and consistently expanding through several interventions and the point that the OP is making is that the several exaggerations and fallacies about Kano being a BH enclave and insecure region has aided the brilliant Senator in making his case for the inclusion of Kano in the NE development fund despite the reality that the city has only experienced a handful of scattered attacks with barely any infrastructural damage. Essentially the mischief and ignorance of some southerners has come to bite them in the arse.

If you insist on your assertion, compare the IGR of Kano with Ekiti or any other SW state (apart from Lagos) for greater clarity. Try harder in your quest to instigate the buyers remorse you advocated. [/b]

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by jollymizzle(m): 7:15am On Oct 21, 2016
discusant:

Na waa o, so you just concluded within yourself that yorubas were against having a state from South East and Lagos having a special status abi? Seriously you people should stop this rubbish. This was clearly a collective failure from the southern senators. Why blame the yorubas?

8 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by BALLOSKI: 7:21am On Oct 21, 2016
Kano too is a northeastern state? Hate won't allow you use your head!
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by EternalTruths: 7:22am On Oct 21, 2016
mrvitalis:
When it get to politics.. . We southerners especially south south and south East are learners.. .. the fulanis are the grand masters... What they are benefiting today they planed years ago

We need to understand lobbying and use it to our advantage

When will you ever grow up

Where do you think the VAT will come from.?

Which regions do you think VAT is most collected.?

Think before you talk.

4 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by EternalTruths: 7:26am On Oct 21, 2016
BALLOSKI:
Kano too is a northeastern state? Hate won't allow you use your head!

Kano is northwest

Afonjas consoling themselves cheesy cheesy

jollymizzle:

Na waa o, so you just concluded within yourself that yorubas were against having a state from South East and Lagos having a special status abi? Seriously you people should stop this rubbish. This was clearly a collective failure from the southern senators. Why blame the yorubas?

Out of hatred for the better South, Afonjas voted a government that enslaved them.

Chaiiiiii cheesy cheesy. VAT from Afonja pockets to redevelop the North. grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Results From Bauchi South Senatorial Bye-election / The Cause Of Death In Kano Unravel / Edo 2020: Photo Circulating Online Shows Oshiomhole Voted For PDP (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.