Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview (11136 Views)

Success Mail After Interview / What's The Time Limit For Getting A + Feedback From A Company After Interview / How Long Did It Take Your Current Employer To Call You After Interview? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by ify2016: 1:26am On Oct 21, 2016
Landing your dream job has become more of a task, especially when one is confronted with pressure of impressing one's families or well wishers. The truth is that getting your dream job is not really a matter of how smart you are, but through the Grace of the one above. For the purpose of those in desperate need of job, my advice is that Oluwa who created you knows better,and will surely favour you at the appointed time. As a human we are, the following attributes would help us in landing our dream job and open our chances ahead of other candidates. Please, read carefully;

1. TIME MANAGEMENT: It is always advisable that as soon as you received invitation for job interview, ensure that you put all your things in order; such as making copies of your credentials, washing of your clothes and properly ironed, arrange everything you would wear or use, at least 24hrs before interview day. This is to eliminate any obstacle that would disrupt your time management. When going to the venue of your interview, ensure you get there at least 15minutes or an hour before the scheduled time.

2. LOOK NEAT AND SMART: Interview is not a do or die affair. Just try and package yourself well with your shirt, trousers or any corporate dressing well ironed and starched as the case may be. Though, dressing code depends on the organization that invited you for an interview. The most important thing is that , try and iron your cloth whether new or old and look more neat and on point. Please, don't look like baba Ajasko or cut your trouser like Alpha in the Mosque.

3. EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Seriously, your face has a lot of messages to pass to the interviewers. As soon as you step in to the premises of your interview venue, exchange sweet pleasantries with the security at the gate down to the receptionist, your fellow aspirants and finally to the interviewers. This is not a matter of saying you're not an extrovert or introvert. Smile to any person your get in touch with during that period of interview. Don't be too pompous to socialize with people there, and also ensure you smile when explaining something. Don't frown face, 'Oh my God' , smile wisely and turn things in your favour.

4. DO SOME RESEARCH: It's so funny that some candidates don't even know or remember the name organization they're called for an interview. When preparing yourself with GMAT questions, make up little time to research about the company you want to work with. Research about them on Google and know few important things about them. Also, research about the functions of your job role. For instance, if you're invited for HR job, endeavour to research for the role of HR on Google before embarking on your journey.

5. BE HONEST: While it is easy to claim what you don't posses, the effect is that when you have finally landed the job, pressure will be on you to carryout your job role. In drafting your résumé, try to be honest and answer any question being thrown to you during interview, because any attempt made by playing smartness would create more problem for you later. Just be sincere with yourself.

6. DON'T RAMBLE: Please, as an intending staff, don't ramble in any form, quietly make your point and stop. Don't allow them to capitalize on your long details by bombarding you with more questions from your watery mouth. Don't talk too much when thrown with a question. Don't be a parrot for little question that need smart answer. Be wise and hit the nail on the head.

7. EXPECTED RESPONSE: Please, it is a crime to give either a 'YES or NO' answer to any question thrown to you . Always try and avoid using it because it might cost you if you use it. OYO.

8. MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT: It's very important you maintain continuous eye contact with your host. Don't look as if you are a ghost, prove to them that you're not a robot. Try and practice it it while at home, or better still watch any TV presenter on television.

9. BE ENTHUSIASTIC: Prove to your host that you have the zeal and all it takes to bring positive change to the organization. Market yourself and tell them the passion you have in your job role.

10. STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS: It's very pertinent to summarize your strength and weakness at home before embarking on your journey. Preparing for your strength and weakness must go with practical example of true life phenomenon. Don't wait until you get to your interview venue before analyzing them.. Always be proactive.

11. DON'T LEAD: When facing interview panel, don't try to be too smart by leading your interviewers. Allow them to direct the whole period of interview, and don't try to ride them .

12. DON'T BE TOO CLOSE: It's not a good idea or doesn't show good attitude when you draw yourself too close to your interviewers. Always ensure a little space for their comfort to be on a saver side. Don't seat until you are told to do so. Don't be dishonest or being vague to any question thrown to you.

13. SALARY NEGOTIATION: It's very wrong to ask your interviewers how about your salary. They are the one that will raise that issue. When forced to state exactly how much you want them to pay you? Don't state the exact figure like pay me 400,000 naira. Tell them the range which is between 400,000 to 700,000. This is applicable when you are force to state figure. The best answer is 'PAY ME BASED ON ORGANIZATION STANDARD FOR ENTRY LEVEL'. But, if they insist on knowing the exact figure, give them the range.

14. DON'T GO UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEN NEXT: After concluding your interview, endeavor to ask reasonable question to them, and find out when next you should be expecting to hear from them. Don't vamoose from the venue like headmaster without knowing what's next.

15. FOLLOW UP EMAIL: After concluding your interview, try to send vote of thanks to the HR through the company's email, appreciating him/her for the opportunity given to you, and your passion to develop your career in that industry.

And finally, pray to God to crown your effort with success. Destiny can only be delayed but cannot be denied. Don't regret ever going to school because better days are ahead. You shall be be celebrated.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by ademasta(m): 3:44am On Oct 21, 2016
Very good.
We pray God picks our calls upon all the writeup above.

Though this is not the right section to post this but i just have to... See below

Pease how do i get SWIFT code BIC for firstbank... I checked online but could see for only lagos branch. I need for either Akure or Zaria branch. I need it urgently but i am very far from any firstbank branch.

Thank you all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by mightyrocket(m): 6:08am On Oct 21, 2016
Nice write up
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by emeijeh(m): 6:24am On Oct 21, 2016
Some guys have stopped applying for jobs since MMM came.

13 Likes

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by Ovie56(m): 6:24am On Oct 21, 2016
ok
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by Generalmac(m): 6:26am On Oct 21, 2016
Nice..

1 Like

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by sakalisis(m): 6:29am On Oct 21, 2016
Spot On cool
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by Baoo4eva(m): 6:33am On Oct 21, 2016
Nice write up, but If the interview is in obodo Nigeria, try to get accross to someone who knows someone in the organization. It doesn't hurt to have a help inside.
As my friend will say " Hand of God, Leg of Man“.
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by GodwyneDuke99(m): 6:33am On Oct 21, 2016
Nice write up: very imformative!
Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by 4tunespark: 6:34am On Oct 21, 2016
dz one comments hv nt piled up
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by bson52: 6:40am On Oct 21, 2016
nice one
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by kenny1313(m): 6:43am On Oct 21, 2016
Getting a job is a full time job in naija.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by KingRex1(m): 6:45am On Oct 21, 2016
Employees everywhere

1 Like

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by nmreports: 6:50am On Oct 21, 2016

3 Likes

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by Folzye(m): 6:55am On Oct 21, 2016
Getting a job nowadays is so complex even Einstein will not be able to match all the factors together.
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by Benjom(m): 6:56am On Oct 21, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by holluphemydavid(m): 6:57am On Oct 21, 2016
Pls someone shud summarize dis for me lol
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by EternalBeing: 6:57am On Oct 21, 2016
Self-employment is the best employment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by emperorAY(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2016
Very comprehensive write up, I wish as job seekers we can adhere to this guidelines Very comprehensive write up, I wish as job seekers we can adhere to this guidelines Very comprehensive write up, I wish as job seekers we can adhere to this guidelines

1 Like

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by INTROVERT(f): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2016
Been there and done, now am sitting at the right hand of the MD.

1 Like

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by Omotayor123(f): 7:22am On Oct 21, 2016
INTROVERT:
Been there and done, now am sitting at the right hand of the MD.
Congratulations... You didn't share your Testimony smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by mizzpweety(f): 7:24am On Oct 21, 2016
Nice write up
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by aieromon(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2016
Number 15 isn't applicable in our local environment.

Great tips though.....
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by Larrylarex(m): 7:40am On Oct 21, 2016
Why go through all these stress for something you'll NEVER own?! I would rather channel same effort to my business because it'll still b mine when it gets bigger! There are businesses u can start with 130k that will make u over 300k in a month. If you're interested, just check my signature, I won't collect a dime to show u the way!

1 Like

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by SirGowon(m): 8:05am On Oct 21, 2016
Spot on
Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by shehuolayinka(m): 8:58am On Oct 21, 2016
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview by hitchowoyemi(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2016
nice write up op, u captured most of the important expectarions. very informative. Kudos!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Recruitment 2013, Gist Extra / Drury Industries Latest Job Recruitment (23 Positions) / Youwin 2013 Official Procedure For Application!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.