Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ (34228 Views)

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities / Jonathan Made Mistakes, But Buhari Is A Mistake – Reno Omokri / 'GEJ Made Mistakes But God Knows He Tried' - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by tempest01(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2016
We are still making mistakes.

Our ND leaders should look to diversify or region from oil with the proceeds....olobiri should be a case study.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Bants(m): 10:48am On Oct 21, 2016
At least he has acknowledged what most leaders failed to...Niger Delta is meant to a business hub in Nigeria but we ruined it..
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by rikamann: 10:50am On Oct 21, 2016
glassjar1:
IT IS TOO LATE .

WE WANT OUR OWN COUNTRY .

Not too late please let us build a strong country
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by chizzy8: 10:50am On Oct 21, 2016
gidgiddy:
The war criminal called Gowon is apologising to the Niger Delta when he was the one who single handedly marginalised them by abolishing the Regions and creating states just to enable him and his fellow Northerners get at their Oil wealth

guy go read history or better still ask ur parents

- to tell u how come the war lasted that long
- Tell you d story abt how Ojukwu was busy collecting royalties from BP
- abt hw France wanted Niger delta cos of oil - hence their support for Biafra
- go ask ur elders abt the abandoned properties in Rivers
- ask then, y rivers?

guy our forefathers messed up - they treated them wrongly - badly

if u calm down read and ask question - guy u'll b shocked

it was a crime back in the days for a rivers man to come into the city
go read history

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by seguno2: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2016
Acknowledging mistakes is good!
Proposing corrective action is better!!
Engaging in the corrective action is best!!!

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 21, 2016
Land for sale.

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by macluvph1(m): 10:52am On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Dear Gowon, we the Good people of Ijaw nation and the entire South South people accept your apology. However, we pray that you use your equity to see to correction of these mistakes by successive administrations including GEJ's.

I know that some disgruntled IPOBIANS without any stake to Ijawland or any part of South South will wail as usual to cry more than the bereaved for their own selfish and sinister move (which is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.)

Wail on.. grin

When i told my south eastern brother's to be watchful of this man they taught i was joking, now his real colour is coming out gradually and don't be surprise at the end of the day he has a yoruba blood in him just like ROTIMI Amaechi.

I hardly predict and it doesn't come to pass.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Audray(f): 10:52am On Oct 21, 2016
Apologise? Gowon?
I laugh.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2016
macluvph1:

[s]When i told my south eastern brother's to be watchful of this man they taught i was joking, now his real colour is coming out gradually and don't be surprise at the end of the day he has a yoruba blood in him just like ROTIMI Amaechi.

I hardly predict and it doesn't come to pass.[/s]
Igbo isn't IPOB. Igbo is an ethnic group, IPOB is a useless group, filled with hate, anger and bitterness.

I love Igbo nation but as for IPOBians, I say WAIL ON grin

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Bom4Real: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2016
Gowon is always playing innocent and clean in the face of damning indictment,pls plead with Biafra and ND for ur blood soaked hands because of ur decision and indecision,u will soon meet God,no wonder u turned to a born again Christian

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by jimi4us: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2016
Is this part of crocodile tears or smile? The zoogeria must fall
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Earth2Metahuman: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2016
macluvph1:

When i told my south eastern brother's to be watchful of this man they taught i was joking, now his real colour is coming out gradually and don't be surprise at the end of the day he has a yoruba blood in him just like ROTIMI Amaechi.

I hardly predict and it doesn't come to pass.
pained ipob cheesy

You think SS are dumb people after what you did to them during the war and not see through your brotherhood gimmick cheesy

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by 0ganiru: 11:02am On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Igbo isn't IPOB. Igbo is an ethnic group, IPOB is a useless group, filled with hate, anger and bitterness.

I love Igbo nation but as for IPOBians, I say WAIL ON grin
my guess is you get paid to fight the secession. Let me test the power of a hireling in a history debate. My earlier guess may be wrong but a very much suggested guess

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by lordkhalifa(m): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2016
Mr man keep your sorry ass to your self
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by biafran1stson(m): 11:04am On Oct 21, 2016
Keep your apologies to yourself. It is too late to make amend. We want self determination. The era of free oil is over.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by kYjelly2: 11:07am On Oct 21, 2016
I would love it if this country could be split up peacefully.

I don't know what really would be wrong with that

Why can't we just have a referendum and decide for ourselves

Dunno, i just believe we will all prosper if the majority ethnic groups were on their own.

We don't have to be enemies just cause we are separated. We could all still have good international relations.

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by dEastActivist: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2016
Current state of oloibiri.
Meanwhile this is a town which is found on bayelsa state, the inhabitants are mainly farmers and fishermen.

Inasmuch as Oloibiri town was the 'birthplace' of oil in Nigeria, it is a sight for sore eyes. The place is under-developed, the people are poor peasants, the epidemic rate is off the charts, the unemployment rate is alarming, and their land has suffered deadly blows from oil spills. The oil in Oloibiri has since dried up but there is nothing to show that it was the place where Nigeria's oil breakthrough started. In plain terms, it could be said that the town of Oloibiri was used and 'dumped' after the oil explorers found no more use for it. Interestingly and disappointingly, the Federal Government of Nigeria once promised to build a museum in Oloibiri, but till date, that promise has not been fulfilled.

Wikipedia

I still wonder why people will still find a way to emotional attach their predicament with ipob while the main culprit is forgiven on a plater of gold.

Talk of misplaced priority and outright foolishness from the ijaws...

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Uchenduin: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2016
A regreat @82 is a regreat 2 d grave.

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by papadjaji: 11:13am On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Dear Gowon, we the Good people of Ijaw nation and the entire South South people accept your apology. However, we pray that you use your equity to see to correction of these mistakes by successive administrations including GEJ's.

I know that some disgruntled IPOBIANS without any stake to Ijawland or any part of South South will wail as usual to cry more than the bereaved for their own selfish and sinister move (which is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.)

Wail on.. grin

So, in your mind, you alone now constitute the "people of niger Delta"?
Ehn? that you are sorry? Ok. Apologies accepted. Next time leave such remarks to those qualified...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by 0ganiru: 11:13am On Oct 21, 2016
Who are the we
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by RZArecta(m): 11:14am On Oct 21, 2016
You had Isaac Boro killed sir

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by 0ganiru: 11:14am On Oct 21, 2016
Who are the we hw spoke of. And is he really not sorry to Igboland?
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by repogirl(f): 11:15am On Oct 21, 2016
Maybe when Buhari is 82, that's when he will come and be apologising go the nonsense he is presently doing.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by TheRealestGuy(m): 11:16am On Oct 21, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
pained ipob cheesy

You think SS are dumb people after what you did to them during the war and not see through your brotherhood gimmick cheesy
And what do you think you know about the war?

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Did we complain to you? Midwest (Delta + Edo) was carved out of Western region, EVERYONE has moved on. Some of you guys gotta move on. Our region, our problem... Abi?

Wail on.... grin
Oga Tonye, you never change. Shy na you appologize give IPOB for this forum? I no understand.

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:20am On Oct 21, 2016
blues20:

Oga Tonye, you never change. Shy na you appologize give IPOB for this forum? I no understand.
Unfortunately, IPOBians didn't keep their own part of the agreement. In fact, they became more bitter.

If only you had admonished them all these past months

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by dEastActivist: 11:21am On Oct 21, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
pained ipob cheesy

You sound foolish...
When was SS formed...
And who in the SS are you referring to?
Mind you ijaws is not a majority ethnicity in the SS?
And who dah fk cares what some minorities do, think or say.
Ally with the ijaws at your own peril.
When the SE talks about brotherhood in the SS, they don't mean some treacherous incompetent cowards who add no value to Nigeria.

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by dEastActivist: 11:23am On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Unfortunately, IPOBians didn't keep their own part of the agreement. In fact, they became more bitter.

If only you had admonished them all these past months

And in your wierdest dream You think you and your little minority clan from somewhere in oloibiri can fight IPOB? grin

Ipob don't go into agreement with simpletons...

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by kYjelly2: 11:28am On Oct 21, 2016
These old men and their old ways of thinking.

Brings to mind this NYSC scheme that is still on till now (2016) and how much of a failure it is.

Adding a wasteful year to the life of a graduate, just so he can learn to "love his brother", is just ridiculous.

That money can go into building research facilities in higher institutions that will facilitate problem solving for the different sectors of this country. The time of the graduates could go into getting a career head start, not farming or teaching.

The old ways of Nigeria just need to be washed away.

Like environmental sanitation were for 3 hours on a Saturday, you can't leave your house, even under a democracy.

The old really needs to be washed away.

I have lived in developed countries for years and not once have I been forced to stay home for 3 hours just so that I can clean.

The sad thing is that the old ways are quickly affecting the thought processes of the new, the youths. For instance, if you ask some youths if they see anything wrong with the NYSC scheme or Enviromental Sanitation lockdown, they'd most likely tell you they don't see anything wrong with these issues. That, as a matter of fact, we need them undecided

Now you guys have gone to elect another old head in Buhari, a man whose only past achievement was shooting his way into the Presidential office. They screamed, begged even, for that kind of leader, sigh sad

anyways, I'm rambling, just don't know how to change mindsets in this country undecided

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by ephemmex22: 11:34am On Oct 21, 2016
Se him dey sleep B4 ni..... Abeg Oga at the top wake up cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Earth2Metahuman: 11:39am On Oct 21, 2016
dEastActivist:

You sound foolish...
When was SS formed...
And who in the SS are you referring to?
Mind you ijaws is not a majority ethnicity in the SS?
And who dah fk cares what some minorities do, think or say.
Ally with the ijaws at your own peril.
When the SE talks about brotherhood in the SS, they don't mean some treacherous incompetent cowards who add no value to Nigeria.
[/s]so much painment and frustration in one post..

Why do you want to be with ss by force? Even the minority group of Igbo extraction denied you people.. Can't you be alone you damn frustrated ipob? grin
TheRealestGuy:
And what do you think you know about the war?
enough to put your trolling butt out of commission ..

Anambra 2021: Arthur Eze Drums Support For Nnewi Governorship Candidate / Dino Melaye Shares The Statement His Brother Gave To The Police Over His Attack / Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50