Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ (34236 Views)

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities / Jonathan Made Mistakes, But Buhari Is A Mistake – Reno Omokri / 'GEJ Made Mistakes But God Knows He Tried' - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by dEastActivist: 11:47am On Oct 21, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
[s][/s]so much painment and frustration in one post..

Why do you want to be with ss by force? Even the minority group of Igbo extraction denied you people.. Can't you be alone you damn frustrated ipob? ;

Who are you people?
Are you trying to be foolish or you're already one...?
And how dare you refer Igbos as minority? Something dey work your brain?
And how can an Igbo deny being Igbo tell me where it is done except in your fictional brain?
For your information Igbo's are not only indigenous in SS but also in the middlebelt.
Now deal with it. Chief Igbohater

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2016
glassjar1:
IT IS TOO LATE .

WE WANT OUR OWN COUNTRY .
Well you cannot have one
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Rapmoney(m): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Dear Gowon, we the Good people of Ijaw nation and the entire South South people accept your apology. However, we pray that you use your equity to see to correction of these mistakes by successive administrations including GEJ's.

I know that some disgruntled IPOBIANS without any stake to Ijawland or any part of South South will wail as usual to cry more than the bereaved for their own selfish and sinister move (which is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.)

Wail on.. grin
Just shut your mouth up!!! These days, your posts are becoming more senseless! Your people sold their rights to people like Gowon and others! You should be ashamed of your people. Stop involving others in your self-inflicted predicaments!!!

Isaac Adaka Boro died an unhappy man...he died painfully, like a coward!

5 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 21, 2016
kYjelly2:
I would love it if this country could be split up peacefully.

I don't know what really would be wrong with that

Why can't we just have a referendum and decide for ourselves

Dunno, i just believe we will all prosper if the majority ethnic groups were on their own.

We don't have to be enemies just cause we are separated. We could all still have good international relations.

Nation states don't just disintegrate peacefully. There is always bad blood after a breakup. Also there has never been a peaceful breakup of any nation state in Africa
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by balosunky(m): 11:58am On Oct 21, 2016
gidgiddy:

And what have you prople gained from the creation of those states?

State creation was the worst thing to happen in Nigeria and it was started by Gowon
we re enjoying a war free nigeria today because of state creation #havecommonsense
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Dear Gowon, we the Good people of Ijaw nation and the entire South South people accept your apology. However, we pray that you use your equity to see to correction of these mistakes by successive administrations including GEJ's.

I know that some disgruntled IPOBIANS without any stake to Ijawland or any part of South South will wail as usual to cry more than the bereaved for their own selfish and sinister move (which is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.)

Wail on.. grin
Just as if apology will bring the dead back alive. As if it will make govt not to attack the freedom fighters, just as if all their right that was debiously stolen away from them will be be returned back to them. JUST AS IF NORTHERN DEMONS WILL PEACEFULLY GIVE THEM THEIR COUNTRY

5 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Unigweson25(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Wail on.. grin
I BU NNOO EWU GAMBIA

9 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Oildichotomy(m): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

[s]Lols, Gowon did us GREAT FAVOR by creating Rivers (Rivers + Bayelsa) and Cross River (+Akwa Ibom) states.

He didn't do it by fiat, it was product of agitation by OUR PEOPLE, we are PROUD of them.
[/s]

PS: The Wike you worship only few months back honoured Gowon. grin
The way your likes latch at this state creation thing is way overboard.

Have we asked the pertinent questions. What was the original motive of the creation? Is the idea for closer government to the people or for divide & rule

I haven't seen how states creation have developed us since the 70's.

Our glorifications sucks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by victorvezx(m): 12:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
ogechieku:
Just as if apology will bring the dead back alive. As if it will make govt not to attack the freedom fighters, just as if all their right that was debiously stolen away from them will be be returned back to them. JUST AS IF NORTHERN DEMONS WILL PEACEFULLY GIVE THEM THEIR COUNTRY
Stop crying more than the bereaved, struggle for ur Biafra alone and leave them with their oil. E no concern una
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by dEastActivist: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
victorvezx:

Stop crying more than the bereaved, struggle for ur Biafra alone and leave them with their oil. E no concern una

You mean the oil wey don dry up?
Besides Igbo land is blessed with oil and gas tapped and untapped even till today exploration is still going on but we don't go about making noise about it.

Why not speed off if you gat nothing to say or positively contribute

7 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by bikefab(m): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
Question is; what has been done, what is being done and what things are go be done to improve the lives and living conditions of these people? Otherwise talk about restructuring and let their own autonomybe granted to 'em.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by skywalker001(m): 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
confused flatrions contradicting demselves since 1700BC

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by macluvph1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Igbo isn't IPOB. Igbo is an ethnic group, IPOB is a useless group, filled with hate, anger and bitterness.

I love Igbo nation but as for IPOBians, I say WAIL ON grin

Mr man,you are entitled to your own opinion but check my earlier quotes on your comment and you will realize that i have never liked your political views from onset and mind you IPOB is not ibo and its devoid of Nigerian politics(Non partisan in PDP and APC affairs).

4 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by macluvph1(m): 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
pained ipob cheesy

You think SS are dumb people after what you did to them during the war and not see through your brotherhood gimmick cheesy

Yes am a proud south southerner and believe in IPOB policies which is freedom for we minorities. you can go and hang yourself now.

8 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Henrichemeka(m): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
Thank God ooo, at least they have admitted that they have failed the people of Niger Delta. I also know that it is not just the Niger Delta but for even admitting to this one, thank God. The next question is ''how do you fix it''? How do you right those wrong doings against them? Fixing it is very important and urgent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Willybos(m): 12:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
lonelydora:
The evil that Gowon did must live with him.

Nonsense.

To slap Gowon dey hungry me.
Are u part of Niger Delta?
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by luminouz(m): 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
macluvph1:

When i told my south eastern brother's to be watchful of this man they taught i was joking, now his real colour is coming out gradually and don't be surprise at the end of the day he has a yoruba blood in him just like ROTIMI Amaechi.

I hardly predict and it doesn't come to pass.
Pele o.....prophet!
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by orunto27: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2016
No vacancy at the U.N.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
macluvph1:

Mr man,you are entitled to your own opinion but check my earlier quotes on your comment and you will realize that i have never liked your political views from onset and mind you IPOB is not ibo and its devoid of Nigerian politics(Non partisan in PDP and APC affairs).
I know man, IPOBians Are filled with innate hatred, bitterness and sadness. You are a real ambassador of IPOB.

PS: I never asked you to like me cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Tamakay(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
For the fact that he's a Northerner and realising his mistakes, I feel a soft spot for his apology and remorseful manner. Because as for me, I wanted former President Jonathan to render such apologies.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by hurrycane: 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
you no devil is so trickish! dat hw his bros pmb deceive dose who vote 4 him

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by falxx: 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
gidgiddy:
The war criminal called Gowon is apologising to the Niger Delta when he was the one who single handedly marginalised them by abolishing the Regions and creating states just to enable him and his fellow Northerners get at their Oil wealth
But if one turns and regrets his former mistakes and say am very sorry and that I made mistakes, I think such a persons should be praised.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by coolplanet: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Igbo isn't IPOB. Igbo is an ethnic group, IPOB is a useless group, filled with hate, anger and bitterness.

I love Igbo nation but as for IPOBians, I say WAIL ON grin

Guy,to start with am a yoruba guy that goes through ur writeup and appreciate your works as a responsible person but sincerely,where do u belong. It seems you are confused.when did u migrate to be part of Zombie community. You just loose that honour.i almost felt u will be the best candidate to say what is right to always wail for the present administration to do better but the opposite is the case.i almost tender your name to PDP committee.thank goodness I never did.hope u have not receive anything from APC lately.i know it's people like you that see nothing bad in the way federal govt is killing biafran that are harmless all because they want to go their separate ways.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Justiceleague1: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
glassjar1:
IT IS TOO LATE .

WE WANT OUR OWN COUNTRY .

period. Wheres martineinstein,oya lare vban,va wena,come and show ur loyalty..
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
orunto27:
No vacancy at the U.N.
Youre right. All the available seats are taken grin
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Justiceleague1: 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
yjgm:
I only Gowon but definitely not you.
whats this nonetity saying? "i only gowon" kwa! grin mental
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Wail on.. grin
Mbire tell dem, as usual dey cry more dan d bereaved
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
[s][/s]so much painment and frustration in one post..

Why do you want to be with ss by force? Even the minority group of Igbo extraction denied you people.. Can't you be alone you damn frustrated ipob? ;Denough to put your trolling butt out of commission ..
Mugu
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
coolplanet:

Guy,to start with am a yoruba guy that goes through ur writeup and appreciate your works as a responsible person but sincerely,where do u belong. It seems you are confused.when did u migrate to be part of Zombie community. You just loose that honour.i almost felt u will be the best candidate to say what is right to always wail for the present administration to do better but the opposite is the case.i almost tender your name to PDP committee.thank goodness I never did.hope u have not receive anything from APC lately.i know it's people like you that see nothing bad in the way federal govt is killing biafran that are harmless all because they want to go their separate ways.
You Sir, you are a confused human being. A very confused one.

What has Gowon/IPOB got to do with APC/PDP? Is Gowon an APC Chief? is he PDP? Is IPOD PDP? Is PDP pro-IPOB? How does that comment you posted relate with APC? And since when did I tell you that I'm APC? Even IF I decide to, do you think I will hide it? What for? Did I seek your help?

Thanks for "considering" by name anyway... BUT I never asked you!

PS: I am not for or against IPOB struggle, I'm only saying and reechoing the position of my people. We aren't part of their sham called IPOB but I wish them well.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
AjiereTuwo:
Mbire tell dem, as usual dey cry more dan d bereaved
Correct
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
They all hate Niger deltans but love the oil.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by lozanni(m): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
dEastActivist:
I love how they invited him...

I believe his past is taunting him as I write.

***modified***

Current state of oloibiri.

Meanwhile this is a town which is found in bayelsa state, the inhabitants are mainly farmers and fishermen.
Precept

I still wonder why some disgruntled ijaw elements will still find a way to emotionally attach their predicament with ipob while the main culprit is cowardly forgiven on a plater of gold even if is certain the media fake apology was politically motivated.

Talk of misplaced priority and outright foolishness from the ijaws...
Another side of getting politically and crpude-oily used and dumbed...

Sorry, your article was confusing.
Resource control, should be granted to the states as this will naturally will lead to economic development and growth and avoid the neglect Oloibiri is experiencing today.
We need only look at the case of USA , where the oil producing regions, like Dallas, are the most highly developed in the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead / Pictures From The First Commercial Trip Of The Lagos Metro Rail / 13 Facts About The Late James Ocholi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.