Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) (50556 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Rolls-Royce Of The Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (Photos) / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by Adeyinka12(m): 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
The greatest Oba (Oni of Ife) pray for him ( Oba of benin) yesterday . Bini people listen to history, Ife is your source.
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
Fine women kindly check ma signature
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by MONITZ: 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:
I can and will guarantee you that, that will never happen!.

The Oba of Benin is the Head of his own church, you know. It's located somewhere around Ring Road, if I'm not mistaken.

The holy Arousa is the name of the church.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by uzor2(m): 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=cyrilamx post=50394547]as your name implies, your igwes may b under the authority of their governors. Not in Edo state, I repeat not in Benin, will the governor be Supreme over the Oba. In Benin the governor is below the Oba
Ask questions before exhibiting your ignorance publicly. Binis don't joke with their Oba. The governor can go to hell for all we care
[/quo

The certificate of recognition will be sign and presented from the office of the governor. Check the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria. By the constitution of nigeria, the governor is the chief security officer of any state in nigeria. The oba is not ruling the state but the governor. MY FRIEND I KNOW YOU GUYS LOVE THE OBA BUT THAT IS THE REALITY ON GROUND.

2 Likes

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:

The Oba of Benin is the Head of his own church, you know. It's located somewhere around Ring Road, if I'm not mistaken.

You are right. The Holy Arousa Cathedral, Located on Akpakpava Road.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by joenor(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2016
Elegant women...
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by uzor2(m): 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
cyrilamx:
as your name implies, your igwes may b under the authority of their governors. Not in Edo state, I repeat not in Benin, will the governor be Supreme over the Oba. In Benin the governor is below the Oba
Ask questions before exhibiting your ignorance publicly. Binis don't joke with their Oba. The governor can go to hell for all we care
cyrilamx:
as your name implies, your igwes may b under the authority of their governors. Not in Edo state, I repeat not in Benin, will the governor be Supreme over the Oba. In Benin the governor is below the Oba

The certificate of recognition will be sign and presented from the office of the governor. Check the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria. By the constitution of nigeria, the governor is the chief security officer of any state in nigeria. The oba is not ruling the state but the governor. MY FRIEND I KNOW YOU GUYS LOVE THE OBA BUT THAT IS THE REALITY ON GROUND.

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=uzor2 post=50394870][/quote]

You are right dude.

Constitutionally a traditional ruler is beneath a local government chairman. No Traditional rulers leaves his domain without collecting a certain letter of approval from the local government chairman.
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by Enasdan(m): 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:

Holy Aruosa cathedral @ Akpakpava rd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by uzor2(m): 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
uzor2:

The governor pays the oba monthly allowance and also provide security for him. Oba has no army and cannot protect himself. MY FRIEND READ THE BOOK "POWER OF THE REPUBLIC".

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by toyinid78: 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
anonimi:

If and/or when the Islam faith has enough adherents in the United Kingdom the royal family will be OBLIGED to either convert and proclaim Islam as the "new" OFFICIAL state religion or lose their rulership of the Islamic people of "their" kingdom.
I hope you understand that well enough!
I hope ur well educated enough to know dat buhari wud do same to a church, tell me wat bin a muslim has invented? Ur phone,car,friedge,tv,fan,radio,plane,africa is a place dat many of d people ar filled with stupid doctrines and stereotyped mind dat wud never allow africans to grow but die,,,even ur educational certificates is inferior,suit worn over dalamia show stupid an african man is
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
Adeyinka12:
The greatest Oba (Oni of Ife) pray for him ( Oba of benin) yesterday . Bini people listen to history, Ife is your source.

Post his words here.
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by AreaFada2: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
Pierocash:
Are his wives not up to 10?is it a must that african kings and Obas must have many wives?
Iranu Abasha

Saudi king is African too? shocked
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by desire19a: 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by AreaFada2: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
uzor2:

By constitution but in reality in Benin, the Governor kneels down to greet the Oba. Photos of Oshomhole on his knees at the palace are everywhere.

He's the heir of a defunct empire and everybody is aware of it. Modern system makes no difference to most people. What percentage of Nigerians know the constitution or have any historical link with the military constitution of 1999? shocked

Even from 1897 to 1914 when Ovonramwen was on exile in Calabar, he was still Oba until he departed. Nothing even the Europeans could do to change people's minds and beliefs.
We need no certificate to do our thing. Nobody out there cares.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by cyrilamx(m): 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
My friend no governor nor president nor court in Nigeria can depose the Oba. Yes the constitution may recognise the monarch but he is not subject to the governor...ask late Navy Commodore Onyeregbulem and family. They will tell you th powers and aura the Oba . Benin wields. He is not a political Oba. As for the governor being CSO of the state, state, never debated that with you...our bone of Contention is if the Oba is under the governor, I said the reverse is the case.
uzor2:

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by AreaFada2: 6:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
uzor2:

The governor pays the oba monthly allowance and also provide security for him. Oba has no army and cannot protect himself. MY FRIEND READ THE BOOK "POWER OF THE REPUBLIC".

The same police that cannot protect citizens from armed robbers, kidnappers and ritualist? God protects everyone.
Oba does not wage wars these days and needs no army.
Obas get an annual stipend. But as you know most Obas are accomplished tycoons, top military, policemen, ambassadors, academics and so on before ascending throne. Hardly any actually depends on the paltry stipend.

Moreover, in Benin City, towns, villages, dukedoms, organisations and individuals give more gifts to the palace in a day than the monthly stipend.

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by cyrilamx(m): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
You know why am happy about Oba Ewuare is that he is coming to revive Edo culture. In his speech, he said Edo language must be taught in school and spoken at home. He on a mission to bring back the next glory of bini. Thank God we have a bini speaking man as Gov-elect. Oba Ewuare 11 is a no nonsense Oba. He is going to teach the Ijaws who are claiming ownership of Gele Gele , lesson and restore Benin culture. Any stranger that can't accept that should leave us in peace. For once in my 3 decades in life, am proud to be a bini man. Oba gha to kpere, Iseeee
AreaFada2:

By constitution but in reality in Benin, the Governor kneels down to greet the Oba. Photos of Oshomhole on his knees at the palace are everywhere.

He's the heir of a defunct empire and everybody is aware of it. Modern system makes no difference to most people. What percentage of Nigerians know the constitution or have any historical link with the military constitution of 1999? shocked

Even from 1897 to 1914 when Ovonramwen was on exile in Calabar, he was still Oba until he departed. Nothing even the Europeans could do to change people's minds and beliefs.
We need no certificate to do our thing. Nobody out there cares.
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by cyrilamx(m): 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
Born2Breed:

You are right dude.

Constitutionally a traditional ruler is beneath a local government chairman. No Traditional rulers leaves his domain without collecting a certain letter of approval from the local government chairman.
girl but in Benin the governor kneels before the Oba...you disrespect the Benin throne, u pay for it with your life. Ask Onyeregbulem and family. Even General Moore that exiled Ovonranmwen committed suicide. You think the Oba of benin is a political oba that can b removed or kowtow to any politician? Not even the president.
Don't u the examples of your igwes or paramount ruler as yardstick to guage the powers of the Oba. The governor have reverential fear of him.
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
slurryeye:

Maybe you need to understand what religion tolerance is. Not only did Ooni go to church, he also went to mosque. One thing about yoruba that you have to respect is their high level of tolerance for others religion.

If I may ask, where was Benin religion and traditions when white men came to conquer the empire and sent its king to exile
He's the Oba of all his subjects irrespective of their religion BUT he isn't adherent to any of the foreign religion except Benin traditional religion

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
supereagle:

My Grandad was a monarch, he didn't play with his Islamic religion
Not all monarchs are "monarchs" in the real sense. Was your granny a monarch in the north? does your tradition follows the Islamic pattern?

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
martineinstein:
there is traditional bini church called 'holy aruosa'.
Confirm...
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by AreaFada2: 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
cyrilamx:
You know why am happy about Oba Ewuare is that he is coming to revive Edo culture. In his speech, he said Edo language must be taught in school and spoken at home. He on a mission to bring back the next glory of bini. Thank God we have a bini speaking man as Gov-elect. Oba Ewuare 11 is a no nonsense Oba. He is going to teach the Ijaws who are claiming ownership of Gele Gele , lesson and restore Benin culture. Any stranger that can't accept that should leave us in peace. For once in my 3 decades in life, am proud to be a bini man. Oba gha to kpere, Iseeee
Well, things needed to change. We have to move with the times we know. But the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans & others did not need to fully discard their culture & language to progress.

I have been suggesting for years that we need a Benin Royal Academy of Arts & Science. To formulate & implement how to modernise the language. Modern artistic, scientific, medical, engineering, ICT terms & knowledge should be translated into Edo/Benin language.

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by UchaNwababa: 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
zexzy:
. Bia Mofo we know the entire women in your family lineage are retired prostitutes, please do not confuse them with Benin women.
@zexzy i know u are one of my Client.
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by Igboid: 12:20am On Oct 22, 2016
cyrilamx:

I hope this Bini language idea is to be applied only on Bini speaking parts of the state. If not, there will be problem.

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by politicalpastor: 12:21am On Oct 22, 2016
[quote author=SalomonKane post=50386061]I can and will guarantee you that, that will never happen!.

The Oba of Benin is the Head of his own church, you know. It's located somewhere around Ring Road, if I'm not mistaken. [/quote l

Located in Akpakpava road . off ring road or so.
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by dondo83(m): 2:27am On Oct 22, 2016
Marotzke:
Did David and Solomon subject themselves to a foreign God? Haba.

what is foreign God.? God is God. some kings before david were idol worshippers, so what is your point
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by Enasdan(m): 8:12am On Oct 22, 2016
the oba of Benin is bt a political oba, by appointment, election or selection, even the president of the federal republic of Nigeria cannot remove the oba of Benin frm the the Benin throne,
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
SalomonKane:
Hope you're not implying that The Ooni of Ife is confused? grin
I expect you to know that he was referring to the OONI.
Re: Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) by sweetgala(m): 7:28am On Oct 30, 2016
SalomonKane:

Hate to disapoint you but the first official trip he made was to a certain cathedral built in the 15th century

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures / 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS / Emir Sanusi Appointed By UN As SDGs Advocate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.