Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible (16677 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nezan:

In as much as I know you will not take your time to rationally read this because of the way your islamic mind is programmed, I will just explain it for the benefit of others. When we call Jesus Son of God, what do you think is the implication? the simple implication is that God is His father . . . or are you too dumb to understand? The Son and the Father are also of one essence, see John 14:10 Jesus said, "I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the work . . . .  This means that since the son is in the Faather and the Father is God, the Son is also God, and he received his divinity through his been of one essence with the Father. His calling the Father His God i just a form of respect, because He derived His divinity out of the Father.

You muslims are slaves of allah, but for us Christians, we are worthy to call God our Father because Jesus, the Son redeemed us with His innocent blood and brought us to the Father, that is why we can now proudly call him our Father.

first of all you ignored my question and jumped off to quote a 'safer verse'. You can run but cant hide. Now lets go there
jesus said "that they may all be made one. [b]Like [/b]thou Father art in me. I in them, they in me. That they may be one in us'

my favorite word in this verses is LIKE. Our dear jesus uses the same power of similie to explain this to us like children
Nezan are u without conscience?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2009
^^ Your favourite can never be in a word, your favourite is that your mind have been programmed by islam, that is why some of you can commit heinous terrorist acts, killing people and believing that you will have 70 virgins in paradise.

The Son and the Father are one. This unity is a perfect one, that was why the Son could not do anything by himself alone without communing with the Father. Jesus is wishing that we, his followers should be one with Him just as He is one with the Father. Meaning we should unite, we should love ourselves in perfect unity, and we should love him. In everything that we do, we should not do anything by ourselves without communing with Him, just as He was doing with the Father based on their unity. That was why Jesus even summarised the laws into two: Love for God, and love among ourselves . . . . there can be no unity without love!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by cHeMiCaLmEnAnCe: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2009
[b]I thought allah was GOD. From your post(from the qu'ran) I observed that GOD was called Ilah not Allah. Allah was derived from the word Al-Ilah, which means Moon god(And to think someone said Christians are sun god worshipers) If Ilah,h is GOD, then where did the Al come from. The moon is a symbol of half, borrowed light and the islamic symbol is is a quarter moon(MEGA darkness)

The issue of religion is simple. I call on the name of JESUS when I pray and I receive my answer. We've all seen miracles in churches. Not all of them are fake. I've seen and felt GOD through JESUS. If HE wasn't GOD, would I have been able to feel HIM when I call on HIS name? MY point is this, when you call on Allah or mohammed, do you ever get an answer? Have you witnessed signs and wonders in the mosque? If you have, I'll love to hear about it coz life is a quest for knowledge and truth. I've already discovered the ultimate knowledge and truth in JESUS CHRIST and I"m not searching. If you can convince me of the ingenuity of your mode of worship, I'll like to hear what you have to say

Abu, you agree that JESUS is a prophet of GOD, then why do you constantly mock GOD's prophet? Isn't there a punishment for that? I'll give you qu'ranic proof that JESUS is LORD and GOD. Believe me, I love you very much and would hate to see you miss out on eternity in heaven. I'm not trying to spite you or your religion. There is truth and wisdom in the qu'ran. You have just refused to see it. If you are ready to know the truth, you'll hit me on zadoktherock@yahoo.com

P.S - This goes out to atheists too. [/b]
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nezan:

^^ Your favourite can never be in a word, your favourite is that your mind have been programmed by islam, that is why some of you can commit heinous terrorist acts, killing people and believing that you will have 70 virgins in paradise.

The Son and the Father are one. This unity is a perfect one, that was why the Son could not do anything by himself alone without communing with the Father. Jesus is wishing that we, his followers should be one with Him just as He is one with the Father. Meaning we should unite, we should love ourselves in perfect unity, and we should love him. In everything that we do, we should not do anything by ourselves without communing with Him, just as He was doing with the Father based on their unity. That was why Jesus even summarised the laws into two: Love for God, and love among ourselves . . . . there can be no unity without love!

Nezan, listen to yourself. Does your post make any sense to you.
A drowning man will clutch at straws.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2009
Arabic is not a bostered language, go and learn it before arguing with muslim, Moon means Qamar, why didn't we say Qamarulah i.e moon God. What a dunce
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 12:46am On Oct 29, 2009
cHeMiCaL mEnAnCe:

The issue of religion is simple. I call on the name of JESUS when I pray and I receive my answer. We've all seen miracles in churches. Not all of them are fake. I've seen and felt GOD through JESUS. If HE wasn't GOD, would I have been able to feel HIM when I call on HIS name? MY point is this, when you call on Allah or mohammed, do you ever get an answer? Have you witnessed signs and wonders in the mosque? If you have, I'll love to hear about it coz life is a quest for knowledge and truth. I've already discovered the ultimate knowledge and truth in JESUS CHRIST and I"m not searching. If you can convince me of the ingenuity of your mode of worship, I'll like to hear what you have to say

jesus  said
"many will say onto me in that day. Lord Lord have we not prophesied in your name, cast out demons in your name. And done many wonders in your name?
And then i will declare to them, 'i never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!"

O worshippers of christ! Fear ALLah and fear that day when this shall become your portion!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by timmy7(m): 8:37am On Oct 29, 2009
Let d worshippers of mohammed's kabaa fear allah because its jurisdiction does not go beyond his slaves like u, leave d worshippers of Christ to worship their father. He's nt complaining. smiley
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2009
Nezan, listen to yourself. Does your post make any sense to you.
A drowning man will clutch at straws.
It will not make sense to you because there is nothing like love in islam. Of the 99 attributes of your allah, there is nothing like love, so how can any discourse on love make any meaning to you?

jesus said
"many will say onto me in that day. Lord Lord have we not prophesied in your name, cast out demons in your name. And done many wonders in your name?
And then i will declare to them, 'i never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!"

O worshippers of christ! Fear ALLah and fear that day when this shall become your portion!
You see your problem? you quote Christian scripture without understanding what it means or the context in which it was spoken. Did Jesus know any allah?
What Jesus is telling us is that the fact that you are using Jesus' name to perform miracles does not matter, what matters is righteousness, for without righteousness, you cannot make heaven.

BTW, has anybody performed any miracle in the name of mohammed?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ignorance is really a disease,the text is actually telling you that jesus never assign divinity to himself but you people did and he will shock you on that day that he never send you all you did in his name
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by sleek29(m): 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2009
uplawal:

Ignorance is really a disease,the text is actually telling you that jesus never assign divinity to himself but you people did and he will shock you on that day that he never send you all you did in his name

John10:30 "I and my Father are one. "
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, "Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? "
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God

Why do you think the sanhedrins wanted him dead? they considered His assertion blasphemous
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2009

What Jesus is telling us is that the fact that you are using Jesus' name to perform miracles does not matter, what matters is righteousness, for without righteousness, you cannot make heaven.

Jesus had no problem with His claims to divinity. It is muslim delusionists like you that have issues with Jesus' divinity.

John10:30 "I and my Father are one. "
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, "Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? "
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2009
*shudders*
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by charles68(m): 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2009
well my dear muslim scholar,
Let's look properly @ d quran. Creation of life u know is the xclusive power of God. (Sura13: 16) God is refered to as the creator. Islam believes that God has no partner and therefore this divine attribute is xclusively for Him. Now in (Sura3:45-50) and Sura 5 : 109-110) Jesus is said to have created a bird from clay and breathed into it and it became a living bird xactly the way man was created (Sura15:28-29.).

The Quran refers to Christ as the the word of God and the Spirit of God. If u don,t know ask ur teachers.
The Quran says the Spirit of God entered into Mary and she brought fought. Who then is the father of Issa?

If u say Jesus is not God then you must agree that God Hea a partner, a co-creator,
Jesus was simply killed bc of what he claimed to be. read (John 10:30-39). That is the testimony of Christ about himself and he was killed but on the third day He rose again. The roman soldiers, The Romans , and all oppossitions could not deny it. History has proven it as one of the most outstanding facts in History.
If the Quran has no place for authentic history then it losses our respect
Jesus said "I am the way the Truth and the Light.
Dear bro, if u truly want to know the truth then open your mind and read the Bible.
Jesus saves. he died for all, including u and I.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Maykelly(f): 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2009
[size=16pt]Christ died that we might live.

Please do not hide the truth through deleting! It makes you a hypocrite[/size]
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2009
All the miracle jesus perform was done by other Prophet, Adam was fatherless and motherless, God breathe His spirit into him, does that make him God ? Solomon was Al Mighty, he gave order to every creature and they submit to his command, be it animal, cloud, wind and jinn
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by charles68(m): 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2009
Did Adam or Solomon create anything? The Quran ascribes the power of creation to the Almighty God. Which other person in the Quran or the whole of history bring life to a non-existing thing apart from Issa?
Christ disciples did the miracles He did bc He transfered the power to them (John 14 :12) even till today. stop arguing blindly just bc u dont want to see the truth.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2009
christ repeatedly tell us in the bible that he can by himself do nothing but with the power of his father. Moses gave life to a lifeless stick by turning it into a snake same way jesus did with the mould of a bird. Are you saying moses is also God based on your standard? All this was done with the power of God.

Bible also tells us of meleshezdic, high priest of salem who is without mother or father. Without beginning without end. This is supposed to make him more divine than christ based on your arguement. Yet no divinity is ascribed to this priest.

Christ woke up lazarus. Peter also woke up tabitha and paul did the same as recorded in your bible. Does this make them Gods as well?

Jesus walked on water. Moses did greater by making an entire sea part way for him

jesus ascended to heaven, so did Elijah. Does this make elijah God too?

There is no quality of christ that has not been surpassed or paralled by someone else,  even as recorded in your bible. it would be irrational to ascribe divinity to him based on these
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2009
'remember when God will say (on day of resurrection,'O jesus , son of mary ! Remember my favour to you and your mother when I supported you with Ruhul Qudus (Gabriel), so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity and when i taught you writing , Al hikmah, the torah and the Gospel

and when you made out of the clay a figure like that of a bird, by My permission and you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My permission and when you brought forth the dead by My permission and when i restrained the children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) as you came to them with clear proofs and the disbelievers amongst them said,'this is nothing but evident magic' Quran 5:110

Enough of ur hypocrisy
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Rebarobyn: 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2009
the_seeker:

christ repeatedly tell us in the bible that he can by himself do nothing but with the power of his father. Moses gave life to a lifeless stick by turning it into a snake same way jesus did with the mould of a bird. Are you saying moses is also God based on your standard? All this was done with the power of God.

Bible also tells us of meleshezdic, high priest of salem who is without mother or father. Without beginning without end. This is supposed to make him more divine than christ based on your arguement. Yet no divinity is ascribed to this priest.

Christ woke up lazarus. Peter also woke up tabitha and paul did the same as recorded in your bible. Does this make them Gods as well?

Jesus walked on water. Moses did greater by making an entire sea part way for him

jesus ascended to heaven, so did Elijah. Does this make elijah God too?

There is no quality of christ that has not been surpassed or paralled by someone else,  even as recorded in your bible. it would be irrational to ascribe divinity to him based on these

in John 14:12 Jesus says:
"Truly I say to you, He who puts his faith in me will do the very works which I do, and he will do greater things than these, because I am going to my Father".

So I think it is in order for Christians to do even much more than what Jesus did, it is a promise Jesus himself made to us.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2009
Abuzola, this people will never understand except GOD(ALLAH) opens thier heart and mind,am sure thats what mostly former muslims will start telling you when they converted to christianity from ISLAM,cos they were briansoiled ignorantly
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2009
How can a man do greater work than God ? Pure fraud
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2009
Its so annoying that they keep assigning FRAUD to our PROPHET JESUS
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Rebarobyn: 11:19pm On Oct 30, 2009
uplawal:

Its so annoying that they keep assigning FRAUD to our PROPHET JESUS

Abuzola:

How can a man do greater work than God ? Pure fraud

lol, you guys are so funny, so when your biological father prays for you to be greater than him it is fraud? what that verse means is that you can do anything if you have faith because God will make it happen because you have faith in him.

you guys should stop trying to find a common ground for Islam and Christianity, it is not the same thing.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2009
You are so pathetic, jesus is said to be God, so don't compare him as my father, how can chinedu do more work than God ? You people are stupid to believe such thing
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2009
@Rubawhatever, CRAP grin
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Rebarobyn: 11:45pm On Oct 30, 2009
@abuzola and uplawal
I was only saying that if it is not unusual for your biological father to want you to do greater things than him, how much more God in heaven who loves you and wants you to do greater things on earth than what Jesus did if only you have faith. But like I said you cannot understand, you are using human understanding to figure it out, and besides you are Muslims and we believe in two different faiths.

P.S.
To use such words as pathetic, stupid and CRAP when we are trying to have a civil conversation is the exact thing I was trying to explain to you in the other thread. The more you try to force me or any other person to believe in the Islamic way, the greater the chances of conflict.

I am done having this conversation with you guys because I don't want any more insults or heated arguments. Goodnight!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2009
Suit yourself !

Is God not Super power and omnipotent ? Then why does he need to kill his begotten son before forgiving people. What an evil way
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2009
[b]Quran 17

45 And when you (Muhammad SAW) recite the Quran, We put between you and those who believe not in the Hereafter, an invisible veil (or screen their hearts, so they hear or understand it not).
46 And We have put coverings over their hearts lest, they should understand it (the Quran), and in their ears deafness. And when you make mention of your Lord Alone (La ilaha ill-Allah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah) Islamic Monotheism ()) in the Quran, they turn on their backs, fleeing in extreme dislikeness.
47 We know best of what they listen to, when they listen to you. And when they take secret counsel, behold, the Zalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.) say: "You follow none but a bewitched man."
48 See what examples they have put forward for you. So they have gone astray, and never can they find a way.
49 And they say: "When we are bones and fragments (destroyed), should we really be resurrected (to be) a new creation?"
50 Say (O Muhammad SAW) "Be you stones or iron,"
51 "Or some created thing that is yet greater (or harder) in your breasts (thoughts to be resurrected, even then you shall be resurrected)" Then, they will say: "Who shall bring us back (to life)?" Say: "He Who created you first!" Then, they will shake their heads at you and say: "When will that be ?" Say: "Perhaps it is near!"
52 On the Day when He will call you, and you will answer (His Call) with (words of) His Praise and Obedience, and you will think that you have stayed (in this world) but a little while! [/b]
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by brainbox1: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2009
Proponent of the trinity should be aware that their distorted teaching does not derive from the Bible. Check out 1 Corinthians 15:27, 28.

“God ‘subjected all things under his [Jesus’] feet.’ But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.”

KJV
"27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

The doctrine of trinity was alien to Judaism, Jesus and the early christians. It was a 4th century invention that has its origin from Creek philosophy.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2009
Yap, even the word trinity is nowhere to be found in the bible, unbelieveable
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2009
Barakallah
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
Abuzola:

Barakallah

BaraCk Obama?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? / Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians / How Prophet ‘daniel’ Abodunrin Was Killed And Eaten By Lions At University Of Ib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.