Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 (1029 Views)

3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones / 6 Reasons Nigerians Should Buy Android Phones / Smartphones You Must Not Buy In 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by Revolva(m): 12:21am On Oct 22, 2016
Stylish, sophisticated and classy. These are the flowery adjectives used to describe iPhone 7 which was launched recently. You cannot miss the hype and publicity especially if you always online and a tech geek. Figures show that in the first 17 days when the phone was released, it accounted for 43% of all phone sales in Q3. Interesting. We don’t have the statistics for Nigeria yet. But what we know is that there are some funny reasons why Nigerians will not buy iPhone 7 or iPhone plus. Here are some of the reasons.

I can buy a plot of land with the money

In places like Abeokuta, Sango Otta, Badore and other outskirts of Lagos, you can still buy a plot of land for almost 500,000. Besides, you can use the money to renew your rent for a year. Meanwhile, iPhone cost nearly N420,000. So, which will you prefer? The ball is in your court! The situation is not helped by the fact that there is dollar scarcity in the country.

Android phones are aplenty in the market

Android to a very large extent can now strongly compete with iPhone. However, let’s give it to Apple, there are some essential features that make iPhone unique. This said, there are other very good alternatives that are affordable like Samsung, HTC, Infinix, and Tecno amongst others.

I will wait for the London use

In Nigeria, if you cannot afford to buy brand new gadget or device, you can go for the London use aka fairly use. But as at now, there may be no London use iPhone in the market. So, some Nigerians prefer to wait for the iPhone 7 London use to show off.

Buhari’s EFCC is waiting for you

The new regime in Nigeria is hell bent on fighting corruption. So, EFCC is on the prowl to investigate anyone whom they suspect of sourcing their wealth from corruption. So, in this recession, how did you afford to buy an iPhone 7? You will explain to EFCC. A quick example, if you are in China, you dare not buy the iPhone if you don’t want to lose your job.

Sorry Apple, Nigeria is in recession

Sorry Apple Nigeria is in recession. Notwithstanding, Nigerians will still buy the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by Chipappii(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2016
Lol
Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by RomeoMarvis(m): 8:07am On Oct 22, 2016
Trust Nigerians! They will still buy it. People are complaining there's no money, yet they always lined up at the ATM. what are they withdrawing? Their sins?

3 Likes

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by dollarprincess(f): 8:44am On Oct 22, 2016
grin cheesy I know what we can do

1 Like

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by kesses: 9:00am On Oct 22, 2016
U are correct
Who needs iphone 7 when other android phones are there and they can serve almost the same purpose

1 Like

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by kesses: 9:00am On Oct 22, 2016
dollarprincess:
grin cheesy I know what we can do
plis tell us let us know

1 Like

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by kesses: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2016
RomeoMarvis:
Trust Nigerians! They will still buy it. People are complaining there's no money, yet they always lined up at the ATM. what are they withdrawing? Their sins?
coloured paper grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by dollarprincess(f): 9:05am On Oct 22, 2016
kesses:
plis tell us let us know
huh?

1 Like

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by godwinstringed1(m): 9:06am On Oct 22, 2016
A month old iPhone7 for sale.... 200k last...meet me on WhatsApp....... 08140730761 undecidedA month old iPhone7 for sale.... 200k last...meet me on WhatsApp....... 08140730761
Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by RomeoMarvis(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2016
kesses:
coloured paper grin
Lols...maybe

1 Like

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by oluwadaemilola: 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
Na phone i wan buy not hand grenades thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
RomeoMarvis:
help me ask op.The topic refers to the whole Nigerians but the body refers to what most Nigerians wouldn't do.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
The truth of the matter is that some Nigerians will still buy iPhone 7. The likes of konga,jumia are not stupid to ship the phones in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
Unnnmmmmmm
Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by RomeoMarvis(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2016
asuustrike2009:

help me ask op.The topic refers to the whole Nigerians but the body refers to what most Nigerians wouldn't do.
Assin eh!
Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by Revolva(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2016
front page pls
Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by Abdstrakt(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2016
The only reason I won't buy a new iPhone 7 is that I can get a UK used iPhone 6s for a fraction of what it costs or the phantom 6+ sef.
Re: Funny Reasons Nigerians Will Not Buy The New Iphone 7 by kesses: 9:05am On Oct 24, 2016
just asking
dollarprincess:

huh?

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It Infinix Hot 2 Sold For #72000 ? / Glo Is Giving Out X8 Bonus To Customers That Recharge Via Etop Up / Infinix Hot 5 Lite Spec And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.