Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,745 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review (22631 Views)

Does Tecno Camon CX Support Glo 4G? / Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2016
Location - Gwarimpa & to think that I was told that their 4G LTE is not yet available in gwarimpa.

Review - I was frustrated that I couldn't get 3G on my ever reliable Etisalat with the most stable network, so I ported to MTN 4G LTE & same thing happened. The most annoying is that MTN Has a 4G mast a stone throw from my house but still. I was left with only one choice Glo 4G LTE. So woke up early in the morning & went to their office in wuse 2. They sold the sim for N1100 which really pissed me off but I paid for it anyway. Popped the sim in my white Spectranet mifi cuz I had seen earlier that it supports their band. The network was epileptic even in their office & the lady said it's because my device doesn't support it, I tried schooling her but she was bent on being dumb so I left her. I quickly rushed back home, eager to put an end to my Internet dilemma. And yes the gamble paid off even tho the lady told me that they don't have 4G LTE in gwarimpa yet. Although their service isn't very stable I'm amazed at their coverage range it's second to non! And this is over 100% improvements on the 3G & 2G. I'm definitely sticking to glo for now. Since not a lot of devices will support it I guess there's less chance of congestion. In my opinion this is glo paying back her customers for the loyalty. (N2,500 for 10Gb with good network & wide coverage is the best offer at the moment)

Twice I watched videos without buffering shocked
If u can your hands on a device that supports glo 4G LTE you should definitely try it.
For once in my life I'm impressed with Glo

Oh and for those of you that think Etisalat is expensive, MTN is twice as expensive (topic for another day) I'm waiting for 90 days so I can port back to Etisalat!

Disclaimer - I'm not affiliated with Glo, just looking out for the best 4G network available.

Cc: honsule dragnet
pls move this to front page. MTN & Airtel are just ripping off Nigerians in this hard times. Let's support glo since they're more customer oriented.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by sholatech(m): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2016
This is a nice update & appealing. Do I need to unlock the Spectranet mifi or its not locked to Spectranet
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by hyprealestatemkt(m): 12:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
Glo is trying these days, I was having problems with their 3g at particular place in delta for over a year and this month I call their customer care and complained to them, they promised to get back to me. A week later I received a sms informing that the issue has been resolved and actually I now have a stable network inside the house unlike before
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2016
sholatech:
This is a nice update & appealing. Do I need to unlock the Spectranet mifi or its not locked to Spectranet
yeah it needs to be unlocked smiley
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
hyprealestatemkt:
Glo is trying these days, I was having problems with their 3g at particular place in delta for over a year and this month I call their customer care and complained to them, they promised to get back to me. A week later I received a sms informing that the issue has been resolved and actually I now have a stable network inside the house unlike before
yeahh we need to support them those other networks are just here to rip off Nigerians
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by lexrichy(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
i got 44mpbs here in benin.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2016
hyprealestatemkt:
where in delta state?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
ColeworldMD, the problem with MTN LTE is that it's deployed in most places using band 7 (2600), and band 7 doesn't travel far and has low in-building penetration. It's mostly in Lagos where Visaphone-MTN LTE was tested that you would find the presence of band 20(800). Band 20, on the other hand, travels far and penetrates walls better. But even at that, I've been quite impressed with MTN LTE, even though the reception is nothing to write home about in my location.

Now Glo, on the other hand, uses band 28(700), which travels even farther and has way better in-building penetration, albeit uncommon in most LTE Devices.

By the way, do you have a Huawei E5573s-606 for sale, or you know anyone who wants to sell theirs, or anywhere i can get it for a reasonable price?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
lexrichy:
Using which device and how many signal bars?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by lexrichy(m): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
dustmalik:

Using which device and how many signal bars?
alcatel Pop 4 plus, full bar

3 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
lexrichy:
Cool. It seems you have a cell site near you.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by lexrichy(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2016
dustmalik:

Cool. It seems you have a cell site near you.
i do get full bar in most places in benin
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2016
dustmalik:
ColeworldMD, the problem with MTN LTE is that it's deployed in most places using band 7 (2600), and band 7 doesn't travel far and has low in-building penetration. It's mostly in Lagos where Visaphone-MTN LTE was tested that you would find the presence of band 20(800). Band 20, on the other hand, travels far and penetrates walls better. But even at that, I've been quite impressed with MTN LTE, even though the reception is nothing to write home about in my location.

Now Glo, on the other hand, uses band 28(700), which travels even farther and has way better in-building penetration, albeit uncommon in most LTE Devices.

By the way, do you have a Huawei E5573s-606 for sale, or you know anyone who wants to sell theirs, or anywhere i can get it for a reasonable price?

search for frebor moniker
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by frebor(m): 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
PenisOfTruth:

search for frebor moniker

Thanks for the recommendation, what I have is actually E5573s-320 and it does not support glo.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by MrBONE2(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
lexrichy:
Pls Bros how is the battery life and performance of the phone?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Horlaarsco: 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2016
Which APN pls cos on my Mifi self its no service
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Youngpo413: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2016
Nice one
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 6:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
Horlaarsco:
Which APN pls cos on my Mifi self its no service
Have you swapped your sim for a 4G one? What is your location? Which mifi device are you using?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Dam5reey(m): 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
MTN still maintain high speed got the MIFI 4G see the speed...
I just wasted 500mb

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
Dam5reey:
I just wasted 500mb
Speed tests do consume a whole lot of data. By the way, what's your location?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by hyprealestatemkt(m): 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2016
asuustrike2009:
. where in delta state?
Ughelli
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2016
hyprealestatemkt:

Ughelli
ok
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Dam5reey(m): 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
dustmalik:

Speed tests do consume a whole lot of data. By the way, what's your location?

Works at Ikeja .... The speed was not that cool 10Mbps

I got 50+ Mbps at Abule Egba even with 3 bars.....

Seriously its like you're downloading...

Indeed the experience is different... Now Nigeria has the real 3.75G..... grin..

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2016
Dam5reey:

Works at Ikeja .... The speed was not that cool 10Mbps

I got 50+ Mbps at Abule Egba even with 3 bars.....

Seriously its like you're downloading...

Indeed the experience is different... Now Nigeria has the real 3.75G..... grin..

Since i moved in to my new place in Wuse Zone 2, Abuja, i stopped subscribing to mtn data due to bad coverage problem. But when i found out they had deployed LTE, I've since swapped my sim for an lte enabled one. Though 4G coverage is still terrible, i get one to two bars in my house, but mostly one bar. Even at that, it's been very fast. Trust me, the days of slow, frustrating net connection has come to an end.

I'm still trying to get a compatible mifi for Glo LTE, so as to see how it performs.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Dam5reey(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2016
dustmalik:

Since i moved in to my new place in Wuse Zone 2, Abuja, i stopped subscribing to mtn data due to bad coverage problem. But when i found out they had deployed LTE, I've since swapped my sim for an lte enabled one. Though 4G coverage is still terrible, i get one to two bars in my house, but mostly one bar. Even at that, it's been very fast. Trust me, the days of slow, frustrating net connection has come to an end.

I'm still trying to get a compatible mifi for Glo LTE, so as to see how it performs.

I was coming from GlO... From last experience i dont trust them again... The 1k for 3.2 GB was just 2GB eventually.... With terrible speed..

Thats good... Seems the E5573s - 606 will be a better choice...
I got the MTN E5573s -320 unlocked...
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
Dam5reey:

I was coming from GlO... From last experience i dont trust them again... The 1k for 3.2 GB was just 2GB eventually.... With terrible speed..

Thats good... Seems the E5573s - 606 will be a better choice...
I got the MTN E5573s -320 unlocked...
Exactly. That's the one i intend to get.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
dustmalik:

totally agree with you! I guess that's why I get reception even though I was told there's no 4G in my area.
Oh no I don't have any for sale but you check  OLX but make sure u trade face to face wink
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
lexrichy:
wow shocked how many bars? To think that the highest I ever got on 3G was 2.5Mbps
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2016
ColeworldMD:
totally agree with you! I guess that's why I get reception even though I was told there's no 4G in my area.
Oh no I don't have any for sale but you check  OLX but make sure u trade face to face wink
Alright, I will.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
Dam5reey:
I just wasted 500mb
MTN told me my device & sim are 4G ready but I can't get lte even tho I see it as available when I search for networks. Any ideas? I use iPhone 5s. I've not tried it on my modem tho.. undecided
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
dustmalik:

Alright, I will.
if u're in Abuja I can hook u up with someone that sells
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2016
ColeworldMD:
if u're in Abuja I can hook u up with someone that sells
Yeah, i am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Still Use 2go ? / Ulefone Power 6050mAh 2.5D Arc Screen Corning Gorilla Glass 3 | WHAT WE WANTED / How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.