Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself (47884 Views)

Dv Lottery Winners Pls Advice: Is There A Secret For Winning The Visa Lottery / Get Your Travelling Visa Yourself: / Process The Visa Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by OAM4J: 5:18am On Oct 24, 2009
So many times I hear and read stories of people being scammed in their bid to travel abroad. As much as I hate these wicked scammers, I also wonder why a lot of our people keep giving themselves to these scammers. Going abroad is not as difficult as they make a lot of them to believe. Some of them are even over-qualified for d visa they need, yet they will still look for agents/scammers. I don’t know if it is laziness or something else.

It is cheaper, safer and sometimes even faster if you process your visa yourself. Even if you don’t get the visa, at least you would not loose your money to scammers. All you need is information and advice from the right quarters.

Step 1: Go online, or to the embassy and gather all the requirements you need to get the visa to your destination. Or ask here in Nairaland, people will be glad to give you all the information.

Step 2: Start gathering all those requirements and documents. Make sure they are genuine and original; those embassies staffs are no fool. These may take you some times, that is why you should start early, and please don’t be in such a hurry.

Step 3: Go to the embassy or the embassy’s accredited Agents, apply and submit your application, if you need interview, they will call you.

If you submit all the requirements and they are genuine, YOU WILL GET THE VISA, if they don’t give you, you can appeal and you will win the appeal.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by OAM4J: 5:26am On Oct 24, 2009
Let’s use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of using visa ag[/b]ents. If you have [b]personal experience with visa agents both positive and negative, please feel free to share them here, guess many can learn from it. But At all cost we need to drive away scammers.

Thank God for people like Justwise, MrCrackles, Davedavy, Dubino, Flekan and others, who go through the trouble of detecting many scammers here in NL and advising people to do the right thing; and a lot of time insult is what we get as reward.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by mirababy: 5:44am On Oct 24, 2009
hello naira landers
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Babasexy(m): 6:24am On Oct 24, 2009
nice one, I dey come back.
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by justwise(m): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2009
@OAM4J.

U have my 1010% support. Well-done!!
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2009
ff

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by justwise(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2009
@olymyk.

Wait for my reply soon,

1 Like

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by kood: 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2009
@olymyk , I think you got the message wrong, the message is not against anyone travelling abroad nor for the rich travelling alone to overseas. I think it is quite clear that people should stop giving their hard earn money to fake agents. Of course there are few accredited agents. But I must say here in the case of Nigeria many people do not need agent to process their visa. I for once never use any agent for visa and I am not from rich family. I have seen so many Nigerians that Agents has collected their money without doing their job.
Gone are those days that you can travel abroad without proper documents and you will make it. For instance, in Europe there much controversy about immigration. Therefore, if you come to Europe for example without proper document you will regret it and many atimes going back will not be a better option for you. Instead of giving your money to agent who will not get this visa for you then it is better to do it yourself as OAM4J mentioned in his message.
@OAM4J it is a good job for you. to add as regard to documents embassies will required. It depends on why you are making the trip abroad. For instance, if you wish to study abroad, you google search for universities in that country and check for their requirements and if you can meet for their requirement then you can apply for study there. they will send you all the necessarily document that you need for visa if you meet their requirements.
If you are interested in going for programs like conferences then you can google it and register for the program or conference.
If you are looking for work then you can search for work and apply if you are lucky then you will be employed.
If you wish to visit then ask for invitation from the person you wish to visit. BUT if you dont have anyone to visit, I can understand most embassies in Nigeria will not give you tourist visa without invitation. this is when you source for invitation letter and in this regard you can ask a good agent or someone you know invitation. they may charge you for invitation which I think may not be expensive. With these ways you can get your documents.
You can process a visa with an Agent but make sure that the agent is for real. But I must warn you that a visa with agent is NOT guaranteed. It does make any different if you have those documents and process the visa yourself.
As regard to bank statement, some embassies can accept sponsors bank statement but if they dont then the money you wish to pay to agent put it in a bank and then use it to apply for visa.
You can always back up your application with other documents.
Remember you must have a genuine reason why you wish to travel and prove that to the embassy. Like Austin okocha the guy mentioned, he or the agent that process his visa had to prove to the embassy that he wished to play for a club in Europe and have played some local clubs in Nigeria.
I wish you all the best in life!

3 Likes

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by tunnytox(m): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2009
very sensible thread, most people who like to use agents are either ignorant or lazy, being ignorant itself might not be too bad than being contented with ignorance, don't get me wrong I've been mislead by one of the agents about 7 years ago and since then i made up my mind never to be content with ignorance hence my desire to seek for information at all cost. After the incident i've obtained visas for myself and my family members and have assisted so many friends to get their visa through the right channels. Till today i still seek for more information on daily basis not only on visa but on politics, academic, history and many more.

visa applicants should try to seek for relevant informtions to assist them in getting visas baring in mind that not all visa categories will suit everyone's situation and present financial circumstance

Goodluck to everyone
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by OAM4J: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2009
olymyk:

good one.but you are talking all this because you are rich abd can afford the fat acct yourself looking @about 99% of nigerian that cant afford it and will still want to make ways around it what do they do?, oh you want to tell me that travel is for the rich alone.ok .can you tell me how poor OBAFEMI MARTINS,AUSTIN OKOCHA etc made their ways abrout to italy and germany re3spectively, now theyu are celebrated stars .cos they konw their ways .dont fool yourself like JUSTWISE ,we all know that nigerian are living below average and all want to travel abroad .dont discourage the poor .its your likes that will call for the privatization of PHCN cos you have money to spend and live happily what about those that dont have? you called for private universities and your children are there .look at the poor masses they just resume .nigeria is corrupt by you already and let the tread continue till all be rich, woooooo

Nigeria is corrupt because you are corrupt and fraudulent. I was curious to find out if you are an agent/scammer yourself, so I checked your past posts, and was not too surprised to discover how fraudulent you have been. I also now understand your gross with Justwise because he was one of the people that advised you to stop your use of agents and fraudulent practices. But looks to me you have no intention to change, despite all the good advices you were given. Below is your quote with the link from the thread you started.

olymyk:

Re: Help Uk Embassy Have My Finger Print In Another Name

I really need a serious advice and proberbly help here ,i applied for UK student visa twice in my real name before the introduction of finger print by UK embassy but i was refused a visa both times ,late 2007 my sister introduced me to a travel agent to help me procure visa by possible means so he[TRAVEL AGENT] gave me different name to get a passport and yet we went to embassy and i was stiill refused a visa pls i will now like to use my real name againat the embassy but the embassy now has my finger print in the fake name .WHAT DO I DO?

I recommend that everyone read through this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=305197.msg4296134#msg4296134

3 Likes

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by OAM4J: 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2009
olymyk:

good one.but you are talking all this because you are rich abd can afford the fat acct yourself looking @about 99% of nigerian that cant afford it and will still want to make ways around it what do they do?, oh you want to tell me that travel is for the rich alone.ok .can you tell me how poor OBAFEMI MARTINS,AUSTIN OKOCHA etc made their ways abrout to italy and germany re3spectively, now theyu are celebrated stars .cos they konw their ways .dont fool yourself like JUSTWISE ,we all know that nigerian are living below average and all want to travel abroad .dont discourage the poor .its your likes that will call for the privatization of PHCN cos you have money to spend and live happily what about those that dont have? you called for private universities and your children are there .look at the poor masses they just resume .nigeria is corrupt by you already and let the tread continue till all be rich, woooooo

It also looks to me that you have a problem with poverty. If you don’t have any money, why will you think of traveling in the first place. Or how do you intend to pay for your flight tickets and other expenses. Nobody, not even the embassy says you must be super rich before you can travel out. Also the embassies allow you to use a sponsor. The 1st time I applied for visa I had less than 400K in my account, But I had someone who was ready to stand as my sponsor. And I submitted his genuine bank account
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Babasexy(m): 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2009
@ Olymyk

Sorry to say, but you are a big shi-t man, very fraudulent and too desperate. You need to change. You are a disgrace to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Babasexy(m): 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2009
@ Poster
If the agent can give me the visa 1st, before payment, se no wahala? Because one they tell me make I bring my passport, na after the visa come out I go pay.
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by dreeldee: 12:17am On Oct 25, 2009
Babasexy:

@ Poster
If the agent can give me the visa 1st, before payment, se no wahala? Because one they tell me make I bring my passport, na after the visa come out I go pay.
Most times all they can get you is fake or someone else's visa and that will put you into more trouble. Watch this [flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF5El8RSaTk&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
You should only use agents that actually work with the embassy not the ones who [b]claim [/b]such connection.
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by OAM4J: 3:25am On Oct 25, 2009
Babasexy:

@ Poster

You really have to be very careful you are not deceived. like dreeldee said, you might not be too sure that the visa they will put on your passport is genuine. Do you know how many people who got to the airport only to find out that the visa on their passport is fake.
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by adexchamp(m): 9:53am On Oct 25, 2009
WOW, the video was great.
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by justwise(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2009
@olymyk.

Listen, i'm not stopping or discouraging anybody from traveling out, all i'm saying is that if u must travel then travel with the correct document and stay away from scammers/419ners who comes in the name of agent.

I'm not from a rich family as u mentioned, i'm still working towards that.

OBAFEMI MARTINS and AUSTIN OKOCHA u mentioned in ur post left Nigeria when immigration rules weren't as tight as its now, things have changed greatly now, They are talented players and rightly so making a living from it, u don't know how they left Nigeria and got discovered by a foreign team so don't use them as an example.

If u can't afford 3 square meal a day how then can u afford flight ticket and money for the dodgy agent? Its obvious that u are desperate to leave Nigeria by all means but u need to be very careful cos i can see u been conned again
Nobody here is stopping u from going ahead and pay more money to another agent, we are only trying to tell u that u can do it urself with original documents.
Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2009
ff
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2009
@
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by justwise(m): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2009
olymyk:

its not a crime to be poor here in nigeria and want to get out by all means guys.facing reality here you all know that we are poor in nigeria ,you wonder why i that fool that was talking about embassy having my finger print in another name ,well that is a cheap blackmail,after presenting my document to embassy myself 3 times and was refused ,you should asked why my visa fee 24,000 (student visa fee) then was not refunded to me back ,embassy are making money from us poor silly and you rich go easily having spoil the copuntry in the first place ,look at me my brother am outide the country doing well for my self all in illegal way eventually ,my sister travel to uk in athother ladiys name free ,if you get your visa in a legal way ,people get it too in illegal way for we that dont have fat bank acct, mess you black mailer

I can't make any sense of what u have writen, please go through ur post again and see ur mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2009
prof wole shoyinka, pls you are jumping ,the real man to reply will understand what i am talking about,as per you JUSTWISE all you really want is free information and its not everybody that can give you that , look at me i have a packaged information about migrating to canada ,is it a crime i i sell it .if that is a crime ask migration expert that sells the same information TOO to give it to you free ,proberly because they are white they are always right in your own senses.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2009
justwise:

I can't make any sense of what u have writen, please go through your post again and see your mistakes.

you will not make sense of it cos the reply is not actually for you.as for you JUSTWISE is it a crime to want to sell packaged information.if that is a crime then hold migration expert resposible too.
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2009
olymyk:

you will not make sense of it cos the reply is not actually for you.as for you JUSTWISE is it a crime to want to sell packaged information.if that is a crime then hold migration expert resposible too.

Are u on drug or something? Who are u refering to then?
U really need help
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Babasexy(m): 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2009
olymyk:

@ Olymyk

Sorry to say, but you are a big shi-t man, very fraudulent and too desperate. You need to change. You are a disgrace to Nigeria.

, baby sexy,you said am a disgrace to nigeria,pls tell me what tangible thing you have done for the country?if not in that your silly name BABYSEXY,male for that matter , homo sexual in travel forum

You asked what I have done for my country. Well, I have not given my country bad reputation like you, I have a business that pays the salaries and put food on the table of 11 Nigerians. I have sponsored 3 people to the UK you are too desperate to go fraudulently. As per being sexy, sorry it doesn’t make me gay (I am not and will never be gay), but it means I love women (that’s my only bad…lol cheesy), and that does not stop me from being in travel section. How can u be too sure am not looking for girls here. grin . If you need a legit job, get in touch boy and stop grumbling.
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2009
olymyk:

its not a crime to be poor here in nigeria and want to get out by all means guys.facing reality here you all know that we are poor in nigeria ,you wonder why i that fool that was talking about embassy having my finger print in another name ,well that is a cheap blackmail,after presenting my document to embassy myself 3 times and was refused ,[b]you should asked why my visa fee 24,000 (student visa fee) then was not refunded to me back ,embassy are making money from us poor silly [/b]and you rich go easily having spoil the copuntry in the first place ,look at me my brother am outide the country doing well for my self all in illegal way eventually ,my sister travel to uk in athother ladiys name free ,if you get your visa in a legal way ,people get it too in illegal way for we that dont have fat bank acct, mess you black mailer

FYI : If you read the clauses before applying, it gives information as to whether or not they refund applications fees. The pity me syndrome and attacks is shallow. If you grasp what people are telling you, your life might just change for the better. By adopting illegal methods you are consciously destroying your future. The righteous path is not easy, and will never be, but we all try out best to stick to it. If you're not ready to accept ( i did not say agree with) another point of view, then save yourself the trouble of loggin on.
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 26, 2009
chie!!! grin see that video, na naija man be that wey dey talk eehn, when you use oluwole documents grin, what do you expect? this is quite embarrassing for nigeria. grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by mirababy: 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2009
my brother i tireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by AustineAA: 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
HOW DO I FIND AN RELIABLE AGENT WHO WILL SECURE A CANADIAN VISA FOR ME WITHOUT UPFRONT? BUT THERE WILL BE A SOLID AGREEMENT WITH MY BANK WHICH I AM THE AGENT WILL VISIT MY BANK SIGN AND SEAL AGREEMENT BASS ON IMMEDIATELY HE SECURE MY VISA AND THE VISA IS VERIFIED FROM THE RIGHT PLACE I WILL PAY HIM HIS CHARGES UNDER 2 HOURS OF BANKING TIME.

REMEMBER NO UPFRONT, NO GAME.
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by Dare14: 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2010
@ Austine AA

Oga Austine u have to be very careful or else you go fall victime.

@OAM4J ,justwise

well done
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by justwise(m): 7:01pm On Dec 07, 2010
Dare14:

@ Austine AA

Oga Austine u have to be very careful or else you go fall victime.
@OAM4J ,justwise

well done

Or he is actually indirectly looking for victims?
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by AustineAA: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2010
Am not actually looking for victim but I need to be in Canada before July next year
Re: Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself by justwise(m): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2010
Austine AA:

Am not actually looking for victim but I need to be in Canada before July next year

How about visiting Canadian embassy website for info and apply urself OR ask questions here for pple to help u?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teenage Boy Packaged Into A Suitcase, To Be Smuggled Into Spain (Photos) / 20 English Words To Avoid When In Other Countries / Have You Seen A Nigerian Elephant?Nigeria Abandoned tourism potential

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.