Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out (987 Views)

6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences / Daniel Asaya Comes Out As Gay / The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by YorubaDemon(m): 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2016
It's time to obey the clarion call. Under the sun and in the rain.

NYSC could be a fun-filled one year, but sometimes, it could just be a bunch of heartbreaks.

Sometimes, heartbreak means receiving your call-up letter and seeing everything you didn't expect. Let's assume you wanted to serve in Lagos, but they gave you Gombe instead.

1. It's a lie. This is not my call-up letter!

The letter has your name and course of study on it, but never!. You cannot claim it. In fact, you're so sure that you start scrolling through the call-up list to check for the other person bearing your name and surname.

Surprise surprise. You are the only person with that name and surname on the entire list. No one else. All the questions start flooding your mind and you immediately kick into the next gear
Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by YorubaDemon(m): 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
2. WHAT THE HELL?!
Remember when your uncles and aunties collected your call up number? They said they'd help you get posted to the state you wanted because their friend in NYSC works with the person who wakes the Governor up every morning.

You dial them to ask how far, but they just give you response like

But you didn’t depend on them 100%. After all, the bicycle they promised you since primary school hasn’t even come through.

So you made arrangements with one sure runs guy. He must have an explanation.

But you dial that one’s number and all you hear is "the number you have dialled is switched off".

1 Like

Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by YorubaDemon(m): 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2016
3. Oh Lord, why me?

At this stage, you know you have entered one chance, so you just let the emotions take over completely.

You start thinking of all the stories you heard of Corpers going missing, or even rumours of villagers eating Corpers that have too much shakara.

1 Like

Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by YorubaDemon(m): 3:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
4. This is the self-blame phase.
You start thinking about all the things you did and didn’t do. You start wondering maybe it didn’t click because the money you gave your runs guy wasn’t mint. Or whether you didn’t scream enough when you were praying about it. But last last,

Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
cool
Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by YorubaDemon(m): 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
5 I don’t give a damn anymore!
At this point, you stop caring. You don’t care about what anyone has to say, you don’t care about NYSC, about what your family is going to say, or anybody at all. You’re just going to leave everything, go ahead and create a new app and become a billionaire.

Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by chekemy(f): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2016
cheesy remembered a person that thought he saw OS (osun) only to realize it was SO (sokoto)..the dude was so shocked and saddened that he almost cried his eyes out..lol

1 Like

Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by JhimmyThall(m): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
Lol... All the same, can't wait to serve. Next year by God's grace.
Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by fernandoc(m): 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
Person wen never experience am will never relate. When I saw Zm zamfara after paying money for sure posting to akwaibom I be like person wen dem blow hot breeze from hell.
Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by FreshBoss007: 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
my face when I see Otondo praying for Lagos posting

Re: The 6 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out by littlemistress: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
hahahahahahaaaha cheesy cheesy cheesy
I can so relate..went thru the denial stage when I saw taraba..but then redeployment did it smiley
nysc can fall hand
cry

(1) (Reply)

If You Were To Collect ₦1000 Each From Your Exes, How Much Would It Be? / See The Beautiful Young Girl Emir Sanusi Married (new Photos) - / !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.