Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 (5445 Views)

Exxonmobil Graduate Recruitment 2016 / Exxonmobil Aptitude Test / Exxonmobil Is Inviting For Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by Ardunolarh(f): 10:50am On Oct 24, 2009
Hello everyone, my friend was invited for a test @ exxonmobil {for contract staff}.
CAN ANYONE IN THE HOUSE KINDLY HELP WITH THE FORMAT AND PROCEDURE OF THE TEST AND THE INTERVIEW.
Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by javascript: 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2009
Prepare for very simple questions that spans from English to simple 2+2 = ? 10+?=57 and technical type of questions I believe will look cheap to you
Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by Ardunolarh(f): 10:44am On Nov 07, 2009
many thanks @javascript. any tips on verbal and inductive reasoning?
Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by youngproffesor: 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2009
How did he apply?I wud like 2 apply
Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by keminoble: 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
is exxon mobil stil recruiting, if yes plz how do iapply.
Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by delta12(m): 10:58am On Nov 17, 2009
I wonder why young graduates would be seeking for contract jobs. Whats the aim/idea backing this decision, is it that u might det employed after a year working as a contract staff with them. You should first see how these contract staff are treated before drawing conclusions on looking for those jobs. Cos it wont take you a long while before u start regretting your decisions.
Please look before you leap.
Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by Jaychuks(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2009
@delta 1
delta 1:

I wonder why young graduates would be seeking for contract jobs. Whats the aim/idea backing this decision, is it that u might det employed after a year working as a contract staff with them. You should first see how these contract staff are treated before drawing conclusions on looking for those jobs. Cos it wont take you a long while before u start regretting your decisions.
Please look before you leap.

I disagree with you. Contract job for a young graduate in a good oil company is not a bad start please. It all depends on the type of contract and company. But for Mobil, Chevron etc, its quite good. Even as a contract employee at Chevron for almost 3yrs now, I'm not complaining, not that one will not like a better deal. Being my 1st job after service in 2007, the pay (over =N=250,000) is not bad when you compare it with many other regular jobs. So, don't discourage anyone that is interested. Is it not better than being idle?

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by richyguy: 8:46am On Nov 18, 2009
@delta, You dont need to wonder at all cos the question you should ask urself is , where are the jobs in nigeria, everybody needs to start somewhere, who says if he gets a better job while been a contract staff,he wont move on, pls dont discourage anyone, a man has to hussle to survive so if thats the way he is starting off, to me its not a bad start cos its better than nothing.

@jaychuks, Pls if there is any contract offer where you work, pls do not hesitate to contact me through my number 08023694924.will really appreciate it
Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by ican(f): 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
Hello all.
Delta is very correct, Young graduates should not go after Contract jobs when you can get Permanent posiitions in other companies, no matter the coy, whether oil/gas coy or not, Contract job is a mess, You can be dismissed at any time, and there is nothing you will do about it, and the most painful part of it is not being dismissed at any time, if not that there is no career ladder for you as a Contract Staff, You can never become a Supervisor, (can u imagine that), they will just use u, pay you stipends that you call "big money" and then dump you anytime they feel like,
IT is better to wait for the real thing, it mit be difficult but i tell you, you will never regret waiting for a permanent employee posiiton in any coy, It is better to be a permanent employee in a coy paying you 50k than be in an Oil/Gas as a contract taking 250k, I know what am saying, i am talking from experience, Your 50k job is permanent and then you will rise on the job, but in contract, you will end up saying "Sir Sir" to ur younger ones who will wait and come in as permanent employees in that company,
And for you, Jaychuks, what kind of contract job are u doing in chevron, are u a Service Contractor or a Labour Contractor, As a Labour Contractor, i dont think your salary could be upto that, and if you are a Service Contractor, i hope you are seriously looking for another job that is a permanent employee job because that ur job is not guaranteed, it is not a curse, it is something we have seen over and over, I worked in chevron, so i know what i am saying,
I would have agreed to the fact that it is a good start but then people usually get stucked in it and will not look for better jobs again until when they are dismissed ; some even retire as Contract Staff, it is not good my peeps, we are still young, so lets go for the real thing NOW, b4 it is too late,

Good luck to you all.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by richyguy: 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2009
Well no one would ever wish to work as a contract staff but the point is this, do i have to wait for 2years to get a permanent job even if i get an offer as a contract staff which i believe will build your worth of experience. Most job we call permanent jobs today are not secured or guaranteed.Is it the way banks and telecom are downsizing, Honestly to me,i feel whatever comes your way,once its something that will keep you going and aid you towards acquiring more knowledge and skills so that when that so called permanent job comes, you would be able to fit in perfectly, then go on take it.Because if we know when exactly we are going to make it in life, we will definitely just sit and wait till that day comes but since we dont know, then the hussle continues
Re: Exxonmobil Contract Test!1 by martobi: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2018
Exxon Mobil Aptitude test past questions and answers available at
https://www.teststreams.com/studypack/exxon-mobil-job-aptitude-test-past-questions-studypack/

(1) (Reply)

Dpr Test Holds On June 12th ',2010 / Starx Synergy Limited. Pls Who Know About Them / Who Want's To Work In Total E&p Nig Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.